Are you a professional looking for some help around resume writing?
Or are you an entry-level professional who's just entering the job market? Are you cluelessly running around from door to door, wondering if you should write a Resume Summary section or a Resume Objective section?
Irrespective of the category you belong to, you've come to the right place.
The resume writing experts at Hiration have prepared a comprehensive resume help guide, with the most exhaustive list of resume help resources to help you write a job-winning resume. This is all the resume writing help you need to prepare your resume.
We're more than happy to share our meticulously-curated knowledge for free. So use it to create a stellar resume and jump-start your professional growth like never before!
Here is what this resume guide will help you with:
- The difference between Resume and CV
- What sections to include in a resume?
- What is a resume structure?
- Resume Styling & Resume Formatting
If you're someone who likes to leave all the headache to the experts, you can opt for our professional resume help services and get an ATS optimized resume for your desired job in a matter of days!
The resume help guide will be covering the following:
Resume Help: Knowing the Difference
Well, you're reading this article because you need help with resume making. But before you start making one, do you know whats the difference between a resume and a CV?
It's really important to know the difference between a resume and a CV before you start making your resume, as people who don't know the difference between these two documents, end up using a format that's a mix of both. This way, they end up making a document that's neither a resume nor a CV.
In other words, in the end, they have a document that reduces the chance of them getting those interview shortlists by multi-folds. So, before you gain expertise in making a resume, we suggest you get proper clarity over what a resume is and how it differs from a CV.
Knowing the difference between the two documents will help you a great deal in writing and formatting the resume. Visit the below-given link to know what exactly your recruiter has asked for: A Resume or a CV?
Need Help with Resume Sections? The A-Z Guide
This section will provide you help with resume sections by providing in-depth information.
Resume sections form the framework of your resume and to help make a resume, we'll tell you how to group your experience into sections. To read about all the sections and the basic outline of a resume, you can check out the articles given below:
- Resume Sections - The 2022 Guide to Sections in a Resume
- Resume Outline - The 2022 Guide to Outline of Resume
- Resume Examples 2022
For more in-depth knowledge, the topics mentioned below explore each resume section in the maximum detail possible. After going through this guide on resume help sections, you'll be fully equipped to write effective content for your resume.
This guide will cover all resume help sections including:
- Resume Header
- Contact Information in your Resume
- Resume Summary
- Resume Objective
- Resume Skills or Key Skills
- Professional Experience or Work Experience
- Education on Resume
- Certifications on a Resume
If you think we should cover an additional section as a part of this Resume Help Guide, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We'll be happy to help you with anything we can.
If you want to use professionally written resume help sections, you can directly edit them and make your resume on our online resume builder.
If you want to skip the guide and hire a professional resume writer, you can appoint an expert from your industry from our resume help services to write your resume for you.
Need Help with Resume Structure?
Most people have no idea on how to structure their resume. That's where this guide comes in.
The resume structure that you choose will determine how you organize your profile and professional experience.
In our experience, this is one of those areas which people ignore while making their resume when it has the strongest impact.
Not only does the resume structure determine how a recruiter looks at your resume, but it also determines how an Applicant Tracking System reads your resume.
Hence, to highly increase your chances of getting shortlisted, you should know the rules of structuring a resume.
We've created some amazing resources to help you define and implement a resume structure for yourself. You can find them here:
We've applied all this knowledge about resume structure to our resume samples in our online resume builder to help build a resume. You can make your resume within minutes by using our templates.
Need Help with Resume Styling & Resume Formatting?
Imagine two resumes - both have great content but one resume looks modern, is neat and well-styled while the other is bland, text-heavy and in grayscale.
Which one would you prefer to read?
The first one, right!
Resume styling is a very important aspect of resume writing especially when human recruiters are involved. What looks good, sells!
Even with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), the styling plays a very important role in your resume getting shortlisted. Certain styling rules need to be taken care of to ensure that your resume is correctly parsed by an ATS.
To make sure that your resume styling and formatting is on point, check out the below articles:
Resume Help Examples for 50+ jobs by industries
You can use these resume help examples to create your resume.
- Technology Resume Examples & Samples
- Business Development Resume Examples & Samples
- Finance & Accounts Resume Examples & Samples
- Administration Resume Examples & Samples
- Marketing Resume Examples & Samples
- Data Science Resume Examples & Samples
- Operations Resume Examples & Samples
- Sales Resume Examples & Samples
- Human Resources Resume Examples & Samples
- Miscellaneous Resume Examples & Samples
Resume Help: Cover Letter
Yes, we know all that you need help with, and when one is talking about a resume, it's obvious that the name of the cover letter will come up. Resumes and cover letters go together like peanut butter and jelly.
And in case you have a career gap in your resume, then it just gets all the more important for you to make a cover letter to go with your resume, as a cover letter is where you can explain your career gap.
A cover letter is not only beneficial to those who have a career gap in their work history but can do wonders for others as well if written correctly. As we all know, that a resume is a summary of your entire work history so far, the cover letter will work as a summary of your resume.
And since the recruiters look at a resume only for a mere 6 seconds, sending a cover letter along with the resume can increase your chances of getting shortlisted for the interview round. Just a look at your cover letter and the recruiter will be able to decide whether you should be shortlisted or not.
To help you make that perfect cover letter to go with your resume, we've written the below given 2 articles on a cover letter. You'll find every little detail regarding how that on-point cover letter should be like in these articles. So, check them out right away!
- How to write a Cover Letter
- How long should a Cover Letter be?
- 20+ Cover Letter Examples for your Resume in 2022
And if you're thinking, 'Wish I had free resume help near me so that I could get a professionally made cover letter.' Then look no further. Make your cover letter on Hiration's AI-Powered Personalized Career Assistant that comes with a Cover Letter Builder.
And that's not all, our cover letter builder has 14 unique cover letter design templates and ready to use cover letter content templates. It can't get better than this. Can it?
So, make your cover letter and resume at Hiration's Resume Builder right now!
Need Help with Resume Wording?
If you're looking for some help with resume wording, then you've come to the right place, my friend. Well, let's not forget that at max, we just have 2 pages to tell the recruiter our entire work history so far, and that too, in just 6 seconds.
So clearly, words play a major-major role in a resume. And we're not saying that formatting is any less important, but a resume that is nicely written can at times be enough to get you those coveted shortlists.
And you need not visit n number of blogs to look for all the help that you need with resume wording. Hiration has written these two articles to provide you all the help with resume wording that you probably require by curating an exhaustive list of all the power verbs that one needs to make a resume.
And it's not just another list of power verbs, these are complete guides that will provide you power verbs as well as proper guidance on how, why, and which power verbs you should use in your resume. So, come and check out these blogs given below:
And that's not all, we at Hiration know how important it is to have the correct usage of power verbs in a resume. So, taking things a step further, we provide the 'Live Review' feature in our Online Resume Builder that will not only help with resume wordings, but will also suggest unique power verbs.
Hence ensuring that you do not repeat the same power verb anywhere in your resume.
And if this is not reason enough for you, then how about this:
If you miss out on using power verbs in a sentence, our 'Live Review' feature will remind you of adding one.
So, hurry and make your resume on Hiration's Online Resume Builder right now!
Resume Help For Students
We know it's not just the professionals who need resume help, there are students as well for whom resume help is equally important. Since we've already mentioned what all sections should be there in the resume of a working person, let's talk about the resume sections of a student resume and how to make one.
It doesn't matter if you are a student who just completed his or her high school or one that has just completed his/her college and is looking for your first job. The below-given list of the article covers topics on sections that you should most definitely include in your resume along with complete guides on how to make a student resume.
- Hobbies & Interest on Resume
- Volunteer Work on Resume
- Student Resume: 2022 Guide to College Student Resume
- How To Write A Resume With No Experience
- High School Resume: The 2022 Guide On How To Make A High School Resume
- Teen Resume: The 2022 Guide with Resume Examples for Teens
- Scholarship Resume The 2022 Guide with Scholarship Examples & Samples
Resume Help: Emails, References and More
Our resume help guide is not just restricted to how you can make a resume. It will also help you in the process that starts after you're done making a resume, and that is, applying for the jobs. And we have covered a broad spectrum of problems that people face while applying for a job.
The below-given list of articles will solve all the problems that you face from emailing your resume to the recruiters, to if you should include references in your resume or not, to how to include them in your resume.
And that's not all. In the guides given below, you'll also find the solution to problems like which job search sites to use, what all skills to include in your resume, how to tailor your resume for every job that you apply for and many more.
So, get going and get all the resume help that you want below:
- Emailing a Resume
- How & When to Add References on a Resume?
- Best Job Search Sites
- What skills to put on a Resume
- How to Tailor Resume
- Career Change Resume
- Resume Multiple Positions
- Resume Profile - 2022 Guide to A Job-winning Professional Resume Profile
Along with this, you can also use Hiration's Online Resume Builder which comes with a Job Portal so that you don't have to juggle between multiple sites to make your resume and then apply for jobs. Now, you can do it all in one place. So use Hiration's Online Resume Builder for your resume and job hunt today!
Resume Help: Some Quick Tips
So, this section of our resume help guide is for all the busy bees who don't have enough time to go through all the individual resume help guides to make their resume. The guides provided below will help you make your resume by telling you some quick dos and don'ts of resume making.
And not just this, you'll also get to know what exactly you are supposed to include in your resume and what all to leave off. In these guides, you'll find the general dos and don'ts that apply for a resume, along with section-wise quick tips that will help you transform your resume in no time.
Apart from this, you can also check out what all goes into a resume. And again, the article helps you with a general layout of the resume as well as with section-wise assistance. This way, you'll get a better understanding of what all dos and don'ts apply to your resume.
So, read the below articles for some quick resume help tips:
In addition to this, you can also use Hiration's Online Resume Builder to make your resume as it provides 20+ design templates and 200+ content templates. So, use Hiration's Online Resume Builder now as we've got something for everyone!
Need Help with Resume Templates?
Now that we've provided you with all the help around resume content, structure and even for applying for a job, its time for some help with resume templates. As we said before, resume templates play an equally important role in a resume.
After all, even before the recruiter starts reading your resume, the first thing that will catch their eyes is the design of your resume. And since the recruiters read a resume only for 6 seconds, it is really important to get them hooked to your resume from the time they see it.
So, to have a well designed and well-formatted resume, check out these articles below that will guide you to the most suitable resume template for you.
- Resume Design: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Resume Design Templates
- Resume Templates - The 2022 Guide to Resume Templates with Free Samples & Examples
- Basic Resume Templates
- Free Resume Templates
- Modern Resume Templates
- Great Resume Templates
- Simple Resume Templates
- Unique Resume Templates
- Creative Resume Templates
- Google Docs Resume Templates
- Resume Templates on MS Word
If you want to seek professional resume help services with respect to your resume template, then you can opt for Hiration's Professional Resume Review Service wherein select industry experts will not only provide feedback on your resume template but will also review your entire resume content.
So, avail Hiration's Professional Resume Review Service right away!
Need Help with Resume Length?
Another aspect of a resume on which many people need clarity on and one that can have a great impact on your chances of getting shortlisted for your dream job is the length of the resume. Yes, you read it right. The length of your resume can decide whether you'll get to the interview round or not.
You cannot just wake up one fine day and then decide whether your resume will be a one-page document or a two-page document. There are certain parameters based on which it is decided how long should a resume be for a person. And again, the format of both will differ from each other a little.
So, visit these articles below and see which resume help format is suitable for you.
Resume Help Services & Resume Builders
Now that you know everything about making a resume, the correct formatting as well as the ideal length of your resume, let's talk about where you can make your resume or get it made.
Resume Builders make the resume making process super easy for you. By using these resume builders, you free your self from the hassle of spending hours and hours into getting the formatting of your resume correct.
And if that's not easy enough for you, then you can opt for professional resume writing services where you just have to wait while the industry experts prepare a job cracking resume for you.
Visit the blogs given below to check out all the best resume help services and resume builder options that you have to make or get your resume made.
Resume Help for Teaching & Research Professionals
- Teacher Resume: Examples & Complete 2022 Guide
- Research Assistant Resume
- Teaching Assistant Resume
- Librarian Resume: 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples
- Preschool Teacher Resume
- Substitute Teacher Resume
- Tutor Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
Get all these content templates and 20+ design templates including the ones in the articles above at Hiration's Online Resume Builder.
Resume Help for Arts Professionals
- Model Resume: The 2022 Guide with 20+ Samples & Examples
- Music Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Ballroom Dancer Resume
- Graphic Design Resume
- Acting Resume in 2022
- Artist Resume: The 2022 Guide to Art Resume
- Photographer Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 20+ Samples
Resume Help for Veterans
Use Hiration's Online Resume Builder to get the content and design template used in the article above.
Resume Help for Legal Professionals
- Legal Assistant Resume
- Legal Resume: Complete 10+ Legal Resume Examples & Samples
- Attorney Resume: Complete 2022 Guide with 10+ Attorney Resume Examples
- Paralegal Resume: The 2022 Guide With 10+ Examples & Samples
Get Hiration's Professional Resume Review Services to get your legal resume reviewed by industry experts today!
Resume Help for Technology Professionals
- Product Manager Resume
- Software Engineer Resume
- System Administrator Resume
- DevOps Resume: Complete 2022 Guide with 25+ DevOps Resume Samples
- Web Designer Resume
- SQL Developer Resume
- Machine Learning Resume
- Web Developer Resume
- UX Designer Resume
- Software Developer Resume
- Desktop Support Resume
- Java Developer Resume
- IT Resume: 2022 Guide with 20+ IT Resume Examples & IT Resume Samples
- AWS Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples & Complete Sample
- Azure Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Hadoop Resume: The 2022 Guide with 15+ Samples & Examples
- Selenium Resume: The 2022 Guide With 10+ Examples & Samples
- Salesforce Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Informatica Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Cyber Security Resume
- UI Developer Resume
Get content templates of all the above-given profiles at Hiration's Online Resume Builder.
Resume Help for Engineering Professionals
- Civil Engineer Resume 2022
- Mechanical Engineer Resume
- Electrical Engineering Resume
- Mechanic Resume: 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples
- Assistant Manager Resume
To get your engineering resume professionally reviewed by resume experts, avail Hiration's Professional Resume Review Service today!
Resume Help for Marketing & Communications Professionals
- Marketing Manager Resume
- Marketing Head Resume
- Digital Marketing Resume
- Public Relations Resume 2022
- Content Writer Resume
To get all these marketing and communications content and design templates in one place, make your resume on Hiration's Online Resume Builder right now!
Resume Help for Sales Professionals
- Best Sales Resume
- Sales Associate Resume
- Sales Manager Resume
- Sales Representative Resume
- Car Salesman Resume
Resume Help for Operations Professionals
- Best Operations Resume in 2022
- Operations Manager Resume
- Warehouse Resume: 2022 Guide to Warehouse Worker Resume
- Manager Resume: 2022 Guide with 20+ Samples & Examples
Resume Help for Business Development Professionals
Resume Help for Human Resources Professionals
Resume Help for BFSI & Finance Professionals
- Bank Teller Resume
- Cashier Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 20+ Samples & Examples
- Investment Banking Resume
- Accounts Payable Resume
- Accounting Resume: The 2022 Guide with 20+ Accounting Resume Examples
- Personal Banker Resume
- MBA Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Bookkeeper Resume: Complete 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples
Resume Help for Analytics Professionals
Resume Help for Project Management Professionals
Resume Help for Administration Professional
- Administrative Assistant Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Office Clerk Resume
- Office Manager Resume
- Maintenance Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples
- Secretary Resume: 2022 Guide with 10+ Secretary Resume Examples
- Personal Assistant Resume
Resume Help for Hospitality & Real Estate Professionals
- Server Resume: Examples and 2022 Guide
- Restaurant Manager Resume
- Bartender Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 20+ Samples & Examples
- Barista Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples & Samples
- Hostess Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Property Manager Resume
- Flight Attendant Resume
- Housekeeping Resume: The 2022 Guide with 20+ Examples
- Front Desk Resume
- Chef Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+Examples & Complete Sample
- Waiter Resume: 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples
- Real Estate Resume
- Line Cook Resume
- Construction Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10 +Samples & Examples
Resume Help for Customer Service & Retail Professionals
- Store Manager Resume
- Customer Service Resume
- Customer Service Director Resume
- Help Desk Resume
- Receptionist Resume 2022
- Retail Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Retail Resume Examples
- Fast Food Resume
Resume Help for Health & Medicine Professionals
- Nursing Resume: 2022 Guide to Nursing Resumes
- Medical Assistant Resume
- Nursing Student Resume
- Physical Therapy Resume
- Personal Trainer Resume
- Pharmacy Technician Resume
- Phlebotomist Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Caregiver Resume: The 2022 Guide with 15+ Samples & Examples
- Dental Assistant Resume
- CNA Resume: 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples & Complete Sample
- Pharmacist Resume: 2022 Guide with 20+ Samples & Examples
...And Some More Resume Help
- Truck Driver Resume
- Data Entry Resume
- Social Work Resume
- Architecture Resume: The Complete 2022 Guide with 10+ Examples
- Stay at Home Mom Resume
- Babysitter Resume: 10 Steps for exemplifying babysitting on a resume
- Police Officer Resume
- Hair Stylist Resume
- Machine Operator Resume
- Event Planner Resume
- Firefighter Resume: The 2022 Guide with 15+ Samples & Examples
- Security Guard Resume
- Nanny Resume: The 2022 Guide with 10+ Samples & Examples
- Makeup Artist Resume
- Electrician Resume: The 2022 Guide With 10+ Examples & Samples
Go to Hiration career platform which has 24/7 chat support and get professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure to reach out to you as soon as possible.