What skills can you put on a resume?
That means you have 7 seconds to show you what it takes to do the job. And the best way to do it is by showing off your job skills.
The unique skills in your resume can help you stand apart from other candidates, and it can also help you negotiate a better salary offer.
In this guide, we will tell you everything you need to know regarding what skills to put on a resume:
Table of Content
- What are the best job skills in 2023 for a resume?
- What is the difference between hard skills and soft skills?
- How to create a resume skills section?
- How to Add Technical Skills on Resume?
- What are some top 100+ skills for 10+ different domains?
- What shouldn’t you do with job skills on your resume?
Best Job Skills in 2023
Recruiters look for specific hard and soft skills that are relevant to the job.
In 2023, some of the most sought-after skills include leadership, communication, time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
These skills are vital across various industries and can significantly enhance your resume's appeal to potential employers.
Understanding the Difference Between Hard Skills and Soft Skills
Hard skills are job-specific and can be learned through courses or training, while soft skills are character traits developed through life experiences.
Hard skills are quantifiable and easier to measure, while soft skills are more challenging to assess.
Soft skills, such as adaptability, communication, and leadership, are character traits that employers highly value.
These skills are challenging to quantify but essential for success in any role.
Hard skills are technical proficiencies specific to a job. Examples of technical skills include proficiency in software, coding languages, and specialized techniques relevant to your field.
These are high-value skills and critical to running essential functions of a job. Below are some technical skills for different profiles:
|Accounting/Bookkeeping||QuickBooks, FreshBooks, and Xero|
|ERP Professional||Oracle, NetSuite, and SAP|
|Human Resource||Zoho, Payroll Systems|
|Project Managers||Trello, Jira, Waterfall, Agile|
|Design||Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Sketch|
|Search Engine Optimization||Google Analytics, Google Search Console, CRMs|
|Coding Languages||Python, C++, C#, Java, Scala, R|
|Techniques||Frequency analysis, Crystallization|
Also read: How to showcase soft skills on a resume?
Why Include a Skills Section on Your Resume
In today's job market, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are commonly used to filter resumes.
A well-crafted skills section helps your resume match the keywords in a job description, increasing your chances of passing the ATS screening.
The placement of the skills section depends on your industry and the specific job you're applying for. It should be strategically positioned to highlight your most relevant qualifications.
Where Do You Put the Resume Skills Section?
The skills section of your resume should be directly below your summary to showcase the relevance of your match with your target profile.
However, it also depends on the industry, company, and position you are applying for.
For example, suppose you are applying for a job paying utmost importance to technical competencies. In that case, it is often beneficial to list the technical skills for a resume on top of the general resume skills list.
The standard format of a resume follows typically the order:
- Personal Information
- Resume Skills Section
- Work Experience
- Educational History
- Training & Certification
- Additional Information/Interests
Not having had a dedicated skills section on your resume will reduce your value proposition to the recruiter.
Also Read: How to make a resume skills section?
How to identify resume skills from the job description?
Every job requirement is different, so you need to customize the key skills for every resume before sending it to the recruiter.
Identify your various hard and soft resume skills and list them down on your master resume.
Grade your proficiency level for each hard skill. You must be honest in your assessment because your skill ranking will help you determine the types of jobs you should apply for.
Arrange the resume skills from highest to lowest, based on your proficiency level.
Read the job description repeatedly and finding some common phrases and responsibilities coming up in the JD.
Align your existing resume skills with the skills mentioned in the job description
The best way to organize your soft skills for your resume:
- Recall challenging experiences from your past
- Highlight key attributes which helped you resolve or overcome the situations
Always research what the recruiter might ask you to take behavioral profiling tests. Be honest when assessing your soft skills.
How to Add Technical Skills on Resume
When it comes to showcasing your technical skills on your resume, it's essential to do it effectively to capture the attention of potential employers. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you present your technical prowess with confidence:
Create a Dedicated Technical Skills Section
For roles that heavily rely on technical expertise, consider creating a separate section specifically for technical skills.
This section should be strategically positioned within your resume, usually after your summary or objective statement.
Group your technical proficiencies into categories to make it easier for recruiters to assess your skills quickly.
For example, you can categorize them into programming languages, software applications, hardware proficiencies, or IT certifications.
Showcase Technical Skills in the "Project" Sections
Another effective way to highlight your technical skills is by integrating them within your project descriptions.
When describing your past work experiences, mention the specific technical tools, software, or programming languages you utilized to achieve project success.
This not only demonstrates your technical acumen but also provides context for how you applied your skills in real-world scenarios.
Also Read: How to make an entry-level IT resume?
Include Relevant Certifications
If you possess certifications that are relevant to the job you're applying for, ensure they are prominently featured on your resume.
Mention certifications in both the dedicated technical skills section and within the context of your work experiences. This emphasizes your commitment to professional development and your qualifications for the role.
Prioritize and Tailor Your Skills
Assess the job description of the position you're applying for and prioritize technical skills that align with the requirements.
Tailor your resume for each job application by emphasizing the most relevant technical skills.
This not only ensures that your resume matches the keywords the ATS may scan for but also demonstrates your suitability for the specific role.
Provide Examples of Technical Achievements:
Rather than simply listing technical skills, incorporate examples of how you've applied these skills to achieve tangible results.
For instance, mention a project where you used a specific programming language to optimize a process, resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency.
Use concise bullet points to highlight these achievements, providing context and quantifiable outcomes whenever possible.
Here's an example of a Well-Structured Technical Skills Resume Section:
- Programming Languages: Java, Python, C++
- Database Management: MySQL, MongoDB
- Software Proficiency: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+, AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Project Highlights: Developed a web application using Python and Django, resulting in a 30% reduction in processing time for client data.
Implemented database optimizations with MySQL, improving query performance by 25%.
By structuring your technical skills section this way, you provide a clear and comprehensive overview of your capabilities to potential employers.
Remember to keep your resume updated as you acquire new skills and certifications, ensuring that it remains a powerful tool in your job search.
Also Read: Top software skills in 2023
What To Do If You Don't Possess Relevant Skills?
Quite often, though, you will come across a close situation where you don't have the relevant skill.
Here you must get creative (we don’t mean you lie).
You need to be able to demonstrate, highlighting examples from your past, that you possess the required skill. This could be in the form of:
- Academic Contribution
- Extra-curriculur activities
Re-assess your professional history with a fine-tooth comb and try to develop a few examples of you practicing the necessary skills.
They will ask about it in your interview, so don’t think you can just wing it, and everything will be fine.
Career change resumes mostly require resume skills that have not been showcased.
Also Read: What are some must have leadership skills?
Top 100+ Skills for 10+ Domains
Figuring out functional skills to list on a resume can be difficult. Do not worry. We have got you covered.
Our entire database of skills for resume shall help you refer to the exact essential skills to put on your resume.
The following is a list of good resume skills examples to put on a resume.
Data Analysis & Engineering
1. Technical Consultant
|Technical Support & Consulting||Stakeholder Management||Project Management & Delivery|
|Platform Stabilization& Process Automation||Process Re-engineering & Optimization||Cluster Monitoring & Solutions Delivery|
|Performance Enhancement||Client Relationship Management||Leadership & Mentoring|
- Junior Process Executive
|System Operating Procedures||Maintenance||Process Improvement|
|Pre-Commissioning Activities||Trainings||Process Design & Safety|
|Commissioning Activities||Team Management||Procurement|
|MS Office||Matlab||Auto CAD||HSYS||Aspen Plus|
|Predictive Maintenance||Spare Management||Total Productive Maintenance|
|Preventive Maintenance||Breakdown Analysis||Quality Checks|
|Shift Planning||Packaging||Machine Operation|
|HSE Plans||HSE Training||Risk Management|
|HSE Manuals||Health Awareness Programs||Compliance|
|HSE Management System||HSE Coaching||HSE Audits|
|Accident Investigations||Problem Reporting||Teamwork|
4. Telecom Team Lead & Network Optimization Specialist
|Network RF Optimization (LTE/WCDMA/GSM)||Audits & Stakeholder/VendorManagement||Project Management & Delivery|
|LTE RAN Optimization & Troubleshooting||KPI Optimization & Monitoring||Customer Relationship Management|
|Drive Test Data Processing||Site Configuration & Handover||Quality Assurance & Issue Resolution|
5. MEP Project Coordinator
|Project Management||Contract Administration||Project Budgeting|
|Project Financials||Coordination||Testing, and Commissioning|
|Cost Estimation||Mechanical Designs||Management Reporting|
|Work Allocation||Risk Management||Cash Flow|
1. P&L Leader & Customer Engagement/Retention Expert
|Customer Retention & Engagement||Customer Life-cycle Management||P&L Management|
|Strategic Alliances & Planning||Persistency Enhancement||Project Management|
|Cost Benefit & Churn Analysis||Attrition Reduction||Root Cause Analysis|
|Continuous Improvement||Operations||Portfolio Management|
|Team Leadership||Training Modules||Process Migration|
Sales & Marketing
1. Deputy Manager - Sales & Marketing
|Team Leadership & Training||Sales Strategy||Business Development|
|Partnerships & Strategic Alliances||Customer Satisfaction||Marketing Management|
|Promotions||Client Relationship Management||Stakeholder Management|
|Brand Visibility||Requirements Analysis||Escalation Resolution|
1. Mall General & Leasing Manager
|Leasing||FMCG brands||Client Relationship Management|
|Mall Operations||Fashion brands||Sales & Marketing|
|Mall Planning||Leadership & Customer Service||New Store Opening|
|Retail Management||New Lead Generation||Opening New Markets|
2. Operations Management Expert & Strategy Leader
|Operations Management||Strategy & Planning||Sales & Marketing|
|Recruitment & Training||Process Optimization||Business Development|
|User Acquisition||Partnerships & Alliances||Cost Control & Budgeting|
|Franchise Expansion||Repeat User Growth||Liaison & Coordination|
|City Expansion & Launch||Project Delivery||Research & Analytics|
3. Executive Officer & Production Planning Specialist
|Operations Management||Process Optimization||Production Planning & Control|
|Quality Assurance & Control||Six Sigma||Team Leadership|
|Waste Control||P&L Management||Inventory Control|
|Business Development & Sales||Vendor Management||Product Development|
|Work Center Planning||Equipment/Machine/Resource Management||SOPs|
4. Supply Chain Manager & Procurement Specialist
|Purchase Order Management||Supply Chain Management||Leadership & Team Management|
|Vendor Support||Product Procurement Optimization||Stakeholder Management|
|Communication & Negotiation||Reporting & Documentation||Process Optimization|
|Stakeholder Management||PTS Resolution||Team Management & Leadership|
|Requisition Conversion||Innovation & Implementation||Dashboard Preparation|
|Client Relationship Management||Repair Purchasing||PO Analysis Report|
5. Sales/BD Manager & Operations Specialist
|Sales & Business Development||Cost Control & Operations Management||Project Management & Delivery|
|Market Expansion & Research||Client Relationship Management||Strategic Alliances & Partnerships|
|Stakeholder Management||Employee Engagement & Retention||Financial Management & Budgeting|
|Strategy & Process Optimization||Leadership & Team Management||Training & Mentorship|
6. Operations Professional
|Backend Operations||Vendor Management||Negotiations|
|Inventory Management||Warehouse Management||SOPs|
|Processes & Policies||Liaising||Business Strategy|
7. Senior Operations Excellence Leader
|Lean Six Sigma Consulting||Process Optimization||Project & Quality Management|
|Manufacturing & Quality Strategy||Supply Chain Optimization||Multi-Site Operations|
|Quality Tools & Frameworks||Process Reengineering||Training & Mentorship|
|Six Sigma Black Belt||Process Improvement||Team Management & Leadership|
Administrative, Business, and Finance/Accounting
|Inventory Management||Accounts Management||Accounting|
|Business Intelligence||Business Storytelling & Transcription||Company Payroll|
|Cost Savings||Customer Service||Financing|
|Financial Statements||Tax Auditing||Bookkeeping|
1. Investment Banking Operations Specialist
|Cross-functional Team Leadership||Process Optimisation& Reconciliation||Mentorship, Training & Development|
|Client Relationship Management||Operations & P&L Management||Strategy Formulation & Implementation|
|Financial Systems & Budgeting||StakeholderManagement||Project Execution & Management|
|Audits & Compliance||Rates Derivatives SME||Coordination & Liaison|
2. Senior Financial Governance & Strategy Expert
|BusinessStrategy & Execution||Financial Planning & Analysis||Financial Governance& Administration|
|Business Integration & Transformation||Corporate Governance & Oversight||Program Management & Delivery|
|Risk Assessment & Mitigation||Communication & Presentations||Stakeholder Management|
|Metrics & Performance Dashboards||Process Mapping & Reengineering||Human Capital Strategy|
3. Lead Business Analyst & Product Management Expert
|Business Analysis & Research||Cross-functional Team Leadership & Training||Client Servicing & Account Management|
|Strategic Planning & Team Management||Solutions Design and Delivery||Process Optimization& Change Management|
|Project Management & Delivery||Stakeholder Management & Risk Mitigation||Product Lifecycle Management|
|Strategy and Execution||Agile & SCRUM||Documentation & Reporting|
4. Assistant Manager - Plant
|Inventory Management||Plant Repair & Maintenance||Team Leadership|
|Plant Failure Analysis||Quality Control & Assurance||Vendor Management & Support|
|Workflow Optimization||IMS & Safety||Facility Administration & Stakeholder Management|
|Documentation & Reporting||Resource Utilization||OEM Compliance|
5. Supply Chain Management Professional
|Process Optimization||Project & Quality Management||Supply Chain Management|
|Reverse Logistics & RTO||Supply Chain Optimization||Quality Tools & Frameworks|
|Vendor/Merchant Management||Logistics & Distribution||Quality Check|
|Data Analysis||Liaison & Coordination||Team Leaderhip & Complaint Management|
6. Key Account Manager & Operations Management Professional
|Team Management & Leadership||Relocation Services & Delivery||Training, Mentoring & Development|
|Brand Management||Market Research & Competition Analysis||Client Relationship Management|
|Mobility Management||Growth Strategy||Key Account Management|
|Sales & Marketing||Negotiation & Stakeholder Management||Business Development|
7. Business Development Leader
|New Business Development||Global Partnerships||Global Alliances|
|Customer Relationship Management||Go To Market Planning||Negotiations|
|Team Building||International Team Management||Coordination|
8. Product Development Expert
|Cross-functional Team Leadership||Customer Relationship Management||User Engagement|
|Key Account Management||Product Management & Enhancement||VAS Consultancy|
|Market Research & Penetration||Training & Mentoring||Client Servicing & Communication|
|Churn Management & Control||Quality Control||AOP Management|
|P&L Maximization||Process Optimization||Stakeholder Management|
|Business Turnaround||High-Growth Strategies||Compliance|
1. Corporate Trainer & Wellness Coach
|Compliance||Learning Management System||Soft Skills Training|
|Instructional Design||Customer Service||Requirement Elicitation|
|Reporting||Audits||Statutory Accounting Principles|
|Team Management||Training||Stakeholder Management|
|Client Relationship Management||Process Optimization||Forecasting|
1. Law Graduate
|Compliance & Due Diligence||Drafting||Agreements|
|Legal Research||Vetting Documents||Document Review|
|Contracts||Coordination & Liaison||Legal Documentation|
2. Legal Associate
|Review of Agreements||Infrastructure, Energy & Insurance||Competition Law|
|Constitutional Law||Contract Negotiation||Drafting & Research|
|Briefings||Due Diligence||Dispute Settlement|
|Arbitration||Legal Opinions||Team Management|
3. Legal Manager/Advocate
|Legal Documents||Legal Document Review||Arbitration|
|Briefing Counsels||Legal Opinions||Due Diligence|
4. Financial Asset Resolution & Corporate Law Expert
|Asset Reconstruction & Resolution||Documentation, Drafting & Research||Arbitration, Briefing & Legal Opinions|
|Applications, Agreements & Notices||Leadership & Mentorship||NPAs & Legal Due Diligence|
|Stakeholder Management||Liaison & Coordination||Regulatory & Statutory Compliance|
|Corporate Law & Civil Cases||Recovery & Contract Negotiation||Risk Assessment & Analysis|
5. Legal Director & General Counsel
|Legal Strategy and General Corporate||Team Incubation & Leadership||Due Diligence and Negotiation|
|Investment/Business Agreements||Mergers and Acquisitions||Legal Risk Management & Mitigation|
|Private Equity/Venture Capital Deals||IPOs, QIPs, and Debit Transactions||Litigation and Arbitration|
|End-to-end Compliance Management||Judicial Proceedings & Representation||Drafting & Reviewing Documentation|
1. Cricket Analyst & Live Expert
|Pre-Match Analysis||Post Match Analysis||End-to-End Match Coverage|
|Pitch Mapping & Analysis||SWOT Analysis||Hawk-eye Analysis|
|Player Performance Assessment||Updates & Follow-Ups||Strategy & Game Plan|
|Content Optimization||Voice Modulation||Cricket Analysis & Expertise|
Medical, Dance & Academia
1. Radiology & Sonology Professional
|Radiology||Cross Sectional Imaging-Neuroradiology||Body Imaging|
|Sonology||Non Vascular Interventions||MSK & Slice Machines|
|MRI Machines||Onco-interventions||Patient Care|
2. Assistant Professor & M.D. (Dermatology)
|Chemical Peeling & Lasers||Electro-cautery||Laser Hair Reduction|
|Vesicobullous Disorders||Dermatology & PUVA/NBUVB Therapy||Cosmetology & Venereology|
|Radiofrequency Ablation/Radiotherapy||STDs/AIDS Counseling & Treatment||Microdermabrasion|
|Leprosy(With/Without Reaction)||OPD Procedures & Care||Psoriasis (With/Without Arthritis)|
3. LanguageSpecialist & South Asian Regional Expert
|Knowledge Transfer & Process Optimization||Issue Resolution & Policy Formulation||Geo-political & Socio-cultural Awareness|
|Subject Matter Expertise||Audits & Quality Assurance||Legal/OfficialDocumentation|
|Interpretation &Translation||Community Operations & Insights||Proofreading & Terminology|
4. Senior Dance Instructor & Administrative Head
|Administration||Studio Operations & Maintenance||Teaching|
|Evaluation & Assessment||Documentation & Reporting||Liaison & Coordination|
|Standards-based Instruction||Leadership & Team Management||Choreography|
|Productions||Kindergarten/Primary Children's Training||Costume Design|
|Recruitment & Operations||Accounting||Body Movements|
Also Read: What are critical thinking skills?
Soft Skills for Resume
Essential soft skills for a resume are listed below:
|Problem Solving||Adaptability||Collaboration||Strong Work Ethic|
|Time Management||Critical Thinking||Self-Confidence||Handling Pressure|
|Motivation||Networking||Conflict Resolution||Customer Service|
Although rarely used in professional resumes, soft skills add value to your resume.
Let us further break the skills down into their respective categories. Each category showcases the kind of contribution which shall highlight the respective resume soft skills.
- Adapting to situations
- Developing solutions
- Flexibility in approach
- Managing unpredictable schedules
- Adapting methodology
- Delegating tasks for maximum efficiency
- Fostering healthy relationships
- Maintaining a professional/egalitarian attitude
- Complying with guidelines
- Revising strategies to align with trends
2. Analytical Thinking
- Evaluating/diluting complex processes into manageable tasks
- Analyzing large volumes of data
- Identify trends
- Presenting results clearly
- Producing comprehensive solutions to complex problems
- Extensively analyzing/assessing relevant data sets
- Identifying and implementing efficiency savings
- Determining the relevance of suggested arguments/ideas
- Managing time-constrained tasks with rapid, error-free analysis
- Resolving client issues
- Monitoring competitor activities
3. Attention to Detail
- Planning strategically
- Overcoming challenges
- Meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Creating step-by-step processes
- identifying significant obstacles and brainstorming solutions
- Organizing highly detailed planning
- Ensuring all team members understand their roles
- Identifying errors and inconsistencies
- Restructuring and reorganizing underdeveloped projects
- Overseeing highly detailed projects and discovering loopholes/issues
- Engaging with people in person/on the phone/via email
- Possessing strong written and oral communication skills
- Making reports, creating signage, filling out records
- Employing tactful, professional speech and correspondence
- Creating well-crafted writing in the correct format
Related Resume Keywords
Related Contribution Points
- Fostering long-lasting relationships with customers and strategic partners to strengthen brand awareness
- Facilitating monthly meetings with employees to ensure there is a mutual understanding of a project’s directives
5. IT/Computer Skills
- Outstanding Typing Skills (WPM = 90)
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
- Analytical programming
- Up to date with current requirements and innovations
- Integrating into all situations
- Possessing a personable nature
- Open to teamwork and cooperation
- Negotiating team and co-worker conflict
- Focusing on the bigger picture
- Actively engaging with others
- Focusing on overcoming challenges without blaming
- Adhering to all institutional standards
- Finishing all tasks and projects on time with a reliably high level of quality
- Accepting requests to fill necessary shifts during unavailability
- Maintaining a professional and egalitarian attitude
- Ensuring minimal interpersonal conflicts
- Acting as an ambassador for the brand
- Managing a solid line of communication
- Assisting others with tasks and projects during free time
- Seeking answers to questions without needing excessive guidance
- Asking only when relevant/necessary
- Creating personal tasks and projects without supervision
- Actively acquiring skills to avoid over-reliance on team members
- Operating independently of team members and management
- Submitting comprehensive reports/feedback to keep projects on track
- Displaying a thirst for knowledge
- Becoming an expert on any product or subject
- Assuming responsibility for completing important tasks
- Filling labor gaps wherever necessary
- Brainstorming and developing approaches to problems in downtime
- Approaching challenges as opportunities to improve skills and abilities
- Volunteering for new projects
- Completing tasks that are otherwise ignored/avoided
- Seeking advice and criticism to improve constantly
- Receiving an award for outstanding work ethics
- Setting challenging benchmarks of success and plan
10. Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Suggesting and promoting ideas for analysis and judgment
- Assessing and critically analyzing personally developed ideas
- Comparing, contrasting, and combining ideas using critical thinking
- Generating ideas, developing insights, and designing possible alternatives
- Projecting an innovative outlook that encourages free-thinking
- Challenging conventional barriers in problem-solving
- Applying rational analysis and promoting an evidence-based approach
- Appraising situations & approaching problems with a consistent/systematic methodology
- Implementing efficiency and cost-saving initiatives to improve customer service
- Evaluating Risks & Rewards related to implementing new projects or programs
- Maintaining an honest outlook in the workplace
- Tactfully designing constructive criticism
- Reviewing project successes/failures dispassionately
- Accepting blame when mistakes are made
- Seeking methods to prevent future issues
- Conducting business/personal affairs according to the highest codes of ethics
- Establishing trustworthy relationships with clients and co-workers
- Follow institutional rules, processes, and practices at all times
- Supporting the company’s quality management procedures
- Reporting issues and problems through proper channels
12. Leadership & Management
- Maintaining a visionary outlook and acting towards the desired goal at all times
- Viewing each challenge in the context of the broader scope of the project
- Project confidence and flexibility while accepting differing views
- Utilizing interpersonal skills to motivate and encourage co-workers
- Demonstrating critical thinking under stressful situations
- Displaying integrity & honesty while honoring promises and defending values
- Assuming a leadership role in the absence of the supervisor
- Ensuring that the office operated productively
- Assisting in the training of new employees to integrate them into the workflow
- Managing projects/stakeholder/clients/teams to enable growth
- Scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for managers
- Compiling, prioritizing, and processing all new purchasing orders
- Estimating the work involved to provide both a timetable and the effort
- Discussing a project at all levels and clearly articulating the work/issues/challenges
14. Persistence and Persuasion
- Overcoming obstacles to facilitate project completion
- Not adhering to the accepted limits
- Applying a logical mindset to derive well-researched ideas
- Dissecting counterarguments methodically without prejudice
- projecting a positive persona to focus on the positive outcome
- Listening actively to all arguments and ideas presented
- Fairly weighing and analyzing ideas before responding
- Defending positions forcefully to achieve the best outcome
- Seeking alternative solutions to stubborn problems
- Methodically testing, rejecting, and noting progress/setbacks
- Analyzing large volumes of data to find the required information
- Producing creative solutions to complex problems
- Identifying essential concepts within a project to provide targeted research
- Identifying and streamlining research opportunities to increase efficiency
16. Self Control
- Maintaining high levels of self-awareness
- Analyzing one’s assumptions and values
- Focusing on finding solutions rather than attributing blame
- Upholding customer rights during difficult times
- Professionally dealing with peers, co-workers, and clients
- Seeking to de-escalate issues and find ways to resolve issues rationally
- Avoiding emotional confrontation and arguments with peers and clients
- Adhering to work schedules and providing notice before taking time off
17. Stress Tolerance
- Remaining calm under pressure while delivering solutions during a crisis
- Performing and overseeing multiple individual tasks simultaneously
- Ensuring quality and efficiency while remaining within deadlines
- Managing chaotic task loads during time-sensitive crisis periods
- Keeping teammates focused and under control during high stress
- Efficiently and analytically approaching problems
- Making and defending critical and high-risk decisions based on careful research
- Accepting responsibility for outcomes
- Resolving interpersonal conflicts while remaining objective
- Predicting team's overall benefits from any given action
- Utilizing a diverse skillset to complement any team makeup
- Conveying authority, competence, and a socially oriented attitude
- Fostering friendly relations
- Confidently communicating with co-workers and customers
- Seeking new relationships and forming large networks of individuals
- Developing a pool of resources and talent to achieve goals and targets
- Projecting warmth and sincerity to peers and clients
- Working together to achieve mutual goals
- Adapting to highly dynamic and changing situations
- Collaborating with teams to complete projects within TAT and budget
19. Willingness to learn
- Tach-savvy and continually expanding skillset
- Quickly learning and applying new applications
- Increasing value as an asset to the company
- Possessing a broad knowledge base
- Writing on a wide range of subjects
- Highly developed research skills
- Creating accurate, informative, and in-depth content on any subject
- Ensuring error-free writing with expert literary skills
- Exhibiting perfect grammar and style at all times
- Approaching a writing style to fit the subject at hand
- Using suitable/user-centric language for the intended audience
- Meeting deadlines and targets as required
Job Skills on Your Resume: Mistakes To Avoid
Now that you know how to put your skills on resume, here are some tips on what not to do with job skills on resume:
Don't exaggerate or lie about your skills in your resume. Even if it helps you in getting your resume through the ATS system, you will get caught in the face-to-face rounds. Most companies conduct background checks, and if they find out your lie, it will damage your candidacy along with your trustworthiness.
Don't Leave Out Stats
The resume is not a place to show your responsibilities. Instead, it's a place to showcase your accomplishments. And the best way to do it is by quantifying your achievements. If you are not using numbers, you're missing a huge opportunity to highlight your strengths.
Don't Leave Out Proofreading
Seeing spelling mistakes and typos in a resume is a huge turn-off for recruiters.
So, before sending out a resume, proofread it at least twice to identify silly mistakes and spelling errors. And send the resume in PDF format to the recruiter.
Also Read: What are the top data skills in 2023?
Resume With Key Skills Sample
Also Read: What are some must have IT skills?
The most important thing to remember is to select skills that are relevant to the position you are interviewing for, and more important than that, skills that your company puts a tremendous amount of value in.
Once you get your skills straightened out, you should make sure that the rest of your resume is congruent with the skills you just selected, namely, that your experience shows that you both used those skills in a work environment and developed the skill with on-the-job tasks.
The top desired skills are related to:
- Planning & Strategy
- Analysis & Research
Your skills on resume differentiates you from other candidates applying for the same job.
It is possible that nearly every applicant will share the same skills as you.
Thus, you should always take the time to plan and strategize your approach to presenting your resume skills before putting them to paper.
How you present your resume skills could be the key that gets you inside the interview door.
- Tailor your skills for resume to make them target job relevant
- Research targeted keywords for resume skills to bypass the ATS
- Add transferrable and universal resume skills for extra values
- Quantify your skills with numerical values against contributions
To invigorate your career aspirations through a finely tailored resume, explore the dynamic features available on Hiration's career service hub, driven by ChatGPT.
Our all-encompassing platform caters to your diverse professional goals, providing a wide array of services that encompass everything from creating compelling resumes to optimizing your LinkedIn profile and sharpening your interview skills, and much more!