Strategies and goals are an integral part of a customer service director’s life.
In fact, strong strategy making and goal setting is what makes someone a successful customer service director. One can deploy the skill of strategizing in a director of customer support resume by putting things strategically in a director of customer service resume and placing their goals strongly in it.
It takes a lot of practice to write a strategically correct resume. From making your customer service director profile to placing your customer service director skills to composing your customer service director summary, we’ve got it all.
You can always use Hiration’s online resume builder for a hassle-free director of customer service resume building.
If you still decide to make it by yourself, the following guidelines will help you figure things out. Also, you will find customer service director resume sample below to take help from.
What is a customer service director resume?
As a customer service director, your duty goes around establishing certain systems in order to implement strategic visions to achieve goals. This includes:
• Overseeing employees to execute the intended strategy in order to achieve goals
• Gathering customer data
• Analyzing feedback
So a customer service head resume should actually show a person’s skills around engaging in strategies and implementing the same.
A customer service director’s work of strategizing may include:
• Getting involved with internal markets
• Dealing with third-party markets
• Coordinating with research teams
• Determining company’s brand image
• Improving existing customer experience
• Determining how to get to potential customers
• Solving brand loyal customer issues
• Making strategies to keep brand loyal customers stick to the brand
• Creating plans to ensure customer satisfaction
You can take help from the customer service director resume sample given below to make your customer service director resume that will boast of your strategizing and goals achieving skills.
You can use a set of pre-written customer service head resume templates at Hiration's online resume building tool. These are lines which were specifically made for the profile of a customer service director.
To illustrate your professional experience of being a customer service director in your resume, alter the words as per your experience.
It’s not difficult and is moldable as well as it will help you get your desired job sooner.
Why do you need a Customer Service Head Resume?
If you’re reading this, you’re apparently seeking for that little extra customer service head resume help that makes all the difference in getting you into your desired job field.
It is easy to misplace the sections when writing a director of customer support resume if you don’t know the correct formatting of a professional director of customer support resume.
Also, if you find yourself thinking questions like: “What do recruiters look for in a customer service head resume?” then look no further. You can instantly and comfortably adjust your customer service director resume to suit your work experience. Also, you can see the placing of the sections in the customer service director sample.
How to write a Customer Service Director Resume?
Take a close look at the above picture to see how you can write a director of customer support resume.
In the contact information section write your name, contact number, e-mail ID and current residential address.
You can also consider including your other social media profiles that are suitable with regards to the jobs you are targeting, such as an up to date LinkedIn profile. Other social media profiles like Facebook and Instagram may also be helpful for a few roles.
Always include a professional headshot if you’re looking for jobs in:
- South America
- Continental Europe
- Middle East
Crafting your Master CV
The master resume is used for common purposes like making your LinkedIn profile and applying to huge job boards.
You build a master resume that contains only skills that are admissible to the specific job you are targeting when applying for a job.
Tailoring your Resume
We have formed an assortment of customer service director’s duties that reflect what most people looking for a customer service director need.
Also, a director of customer support resume should be able to pass the ATS test.
So why do you need to tailor your director of customer service resume?
Most customer service director job descriptions list the following typical responsibilities and duties:
- Communicate with other managers in a company in order to keep the functions within the company going smooth.
- Stay in contact with the company’s supervisors to assure fulfillment of customer service standards.
- To set up training related to customer service.
- To be adept with the skills taught in the training.
- Able to carry out analysis related to customer service
- Development of systems to improve the workings of customer service department
- Capable of using different type of computer systems
- Familiarity with the culture, mission, and goals of customer service department
- Build service standard operations of customer service
- Create strategies to achieve quality customer satisfaction
- Devise the planning, establishment, and direction of call center operations
- Come up with plans, formation, and management of customer service programs
- Skilled at scheduling meetings
- Adept at travel arrangements
- Experienced at organizing events
- Proficient at creating data sheets
The job responsibilities may also include:
- Directing staff for customer service operations
- Carrying out excellent professional support services
- Expert in personal interaction with employees
- Oversaw clients
- Solving complex issues within the department
- Adept at managing calendars to schedule all events
- Scheduling timely meetings of the department
- Taking interviews while recruiting new people
- Experienced at fulfilling development needs
- Proficient at preparing reference manuals
- Has strong leadership qualities in order to lead a team
- Carrying out process optimization and compliance
- Expert at implementing cost control initiatives
The typical job skills and qualifications a recruiter looks for are:
- A strong educational background
- Usually a Master’s degree in business
- Skilled at revenue maximization
- Adept at customer service management
- 10+ years of experience as a customer service manager or in a similar profile
- Training like that of an Executive Assistant
- Comfortable with long working hours
- Must provide at least three valid documents of previous experience
Tailoring your customer service head resume around these necessities can get you your target job quicker. It will help a lot.
Your overall experience will form the basis of this customer service director resume.
If you have worked as a customer service manager or a similar profile then try using the above-given information in your customer service head resume. It will definitely increase your chances of making recruiters realize that you are the best bet for this position and that they can rely on you for this profile.
It will make any recruiter feel that you’re a responsible person when your customer service director resume will reflect a track record of the reliabilities that you use to have in your previous jobs.
Writing your Resume Profile Title
The largest text in your director of customer support resume should be your name. It should be of either 14 or 16 pts.
Next comes your personal detail which includes your personal contact number, professional e-mail address, and your current residential address.
After this will come your professional title.
Your profile should precisely tell that you are sending in a director of customer service resume, to begin with.
To ensure clarity in your customer service head resume, we advise being very transparent with your resume profile.
The technical term for your profile will be:
Customer Service Director
Work Experience & Education
Many times we get questions like: “How can I put work experience professionally for the profile of a customer service director?”
Well, let us tell you that it is no rocket science and we understand that how important it is for a resume to look professional.
The work experience section is the most important part of a customer service director resume. So, while making your master resume –
- Write accomplishment statements in it and no job description
Show a string of accomplishments running through your career and by writing it in a cause-effect manner. In addition to this, make sure that you bold and highlight things which seem important to you.
- Arrange your experiences in the order of the latest to the oldest
The bullet points in the customer service director resume sample given above give priority to everything from using customer service best practices, to documentation skills, reaching out to customers with benefits of products and services, as well as maintaining the database. Customer service director deals with far more than just strategizing plans and implementing goals. He/she deals with – exceeding sales targets, promotions of products and services, executing the wide-ranging sales, making sure the company is achieving highest customer service standards and monitors process workflows. See this for a fact that your customer service director resume covers as many of these facts as possible.
Furthermore, buckets will allow you to sort your work experience along the lines of skills that are alike.
- Quantify and mention dates
“Spreading a team of 20 customer service agents to formulate strategy and monitor work tasks for optimizing efficiency”
“Received the “Employee of the Month” at The Grey House for exceptional performance, ’16”
- Start with Power Verbs
In each section, write your most remarkable work first. Second most remarkable second. And so on. Similarly, plan out all your sections in your master resume so that the most important section is at the top. The same has been done in the customer service director resume sample above.
You may use the following power verbs for your customer service director resume:
- Set Up your STAR points
The Situation, Task, Action and Result format is used by recruiters to get all the relevant information about an applicant to analyze the capabilities they require for a job.
Also, make sure that your points follow the same format throughout your customer service director resume to give you the upper hand over other applicants.
This format will enable the recruiter to see the situations you have dealt with, the kind of action you took to tackle that situation and the result you achieved.
We suggest that you make sure of the cause-effect relationship as well to highlight the STAR points throughout your director of customer support resume. To efficiently bring these out, break your points into two parts:
- What you did?
- Why you did it?
This pattern ultimately highlights the impact you were able to have.
Look this line from the director of customer service resume:
Evaluating staff performance to fulfill departmental needs.
In this line,
- What you did: Evaluated staff performance
- Why you did it: To fulfill departmental needs
Express mostly the key situations you were able to handle without baffling the recruiter.
- Include Keywords
Recruiters search for potential employees on LinkedIn with the help of keyword search. So make sure your master resume includes all the keywords for getting as many interviews as possible.
Your customer service head resume contains more than your customer service director responsibilities. Your achievements play an important role in getting your credibility across your resume bullet points.
These achievements probably might not seem to be much but they undoubtedly set you apart from other customer service director resumes and directly highlight your customer service director skills.
To make sure that your achievements do make you stand out amongst others, quantify them and highlight the customer service director skills or contribution which led to that achievement.
Here are some customer service director resume examples to help you with it:
✔ 1st position, Elocution competition, Washington University ‘10
✘ Secured 1st position in a competition
✔ Awarded the ‘McBright Scholarship’ worth USD 15 K for my graduate studies ‘09
✘ Awarded a scholarship for my graduate studies
Consider the director of customer service resume example above when writing yours.
Director of Customer Service Resume Skills
Recruiters posting for customer service director often want the following customer service skills:
- Exceptional strategy making skills about how the department interacts with the customers coupled with the goal achieving plans
- Exceptionally skilled in developing customer service specific systems
- Ability to implement customer service related visions
- Leadership skills to oversee the training of the newly recruited people
- Capability to execute strategies
- Proven ability to gather customer data
- Skilled at analyzing customer feedback
- Potential to engage with in-house markets
- Ability to effectively communicate with third-party markets as well
- Should be able to create a positive image of the company’s brands
- Capable of keeping the existing customers stick to the brand
- Skilled at making potential customers to buy the products and services provided
- Ability to address existing issues of customers
Your skill set often decides whether you are qualified or not for being a customer service director.
Another director of customer service resume example problem is, if you are not capable of implementing methods to provide an ongoing customer service you’re naturally going to have a problem in getting a job of customer service director.
On the other hand, having these skills will make you a much more accomplished and capable candidate.
In the experience section we have highlighted and bucketed skills like ‘Strategy and Leadership’, ‘Process Optimization and Compliance’, ‘Communication and Documentation’ which are precisely relevant for the customer service director resume.
We have arranged these skills together in the following way in the skills section:
|Revenue Maximization||Customer Service Management|
|Communication Coordination||Operations Management|
Furthermore, avoid putting soft skills in the director of customer support resume like hardworking and self-motivated as you cannot substantiate these skills.
Customer service director skills can be broadly categorized into:
- Sales and Marketing skills
|Account Management||Client Acquisition||Client Retention|
- Optimization Skills
|Analytics||Data Management||Process Automation|
|Asset Management||Supply Chain Optimization||Process Outsourcing|
Summarizing your Profile
The main customer service head resume objective of the summary section is to grab the recruiter’s attention at once while encouraging him to keep reading. Here is a director of customer service resume example of the summary from the director of customer support resume sample above:
10+ years, dedicated and detailed oriented Customer Service Manager skilled in providing customer satisfaction, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, organizing events, creating data sheets, etc. I have played a key role in improving customer experience through mentoring, directing, supervising overall functions and staff of customer service operations, carrying out excellent professional support services, personal interaction, resolving varied client inquiries and complex issues. Adept at managing calendars to schedule all events including meetings, interviews, etc.
Here is a breakdown of summary for you:
First, we have highlighted the number of experience that the candidate holds by starting with:
- 10+ years
Secondly, the professional title of the candidate is mentioned:
- Customer Service Manager
Thirdly we have brought up the skills of the applicant:
- Skilled in providing customer satisfaction, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, organizing events, creating data sheets, etc.
Fourthly, the most crucial professional contribution of the candidate has been featured in terms of:
- I have played a key role in improving customer experience through mentoring, directing, supervising overall functions and staff of customer service operations, carrying out excellent professional support services, personal interactions, resolving varied client inquiries and complex issues.
Fifth, we have demonstrated other activities which contributed to your skills of the applicant:
- Adept at managing calendars to schedule all events including meetings, interviews, etc.
Formatting the Resume
There are three types of formats in which you make a resume.
Reverse chronological resume format: The most commonly used resume format is the reverse chronological resume which is perfect for people with plenty of experience in their respective fields. The same format has been used in the customer service director resume sample above.
- Functional/skills-based resume format: This format is crucial if you are a student or a recent graduate as you must be lacking experience in the fields which you are pursuing. Also, it is a good choice for those who are seeking a career change.
- Combination Resume Format: This form of a resume is an excellent option for those who have a diverse skill set and work experiences that they feel are appropriate for the target profile.
Since a director of customer service resume essentially focuses on your marketing and strategizing skills, it is ideal to use the reverse chronological or combination resume formats.
But we advise you to apply the reverse chronological format since it targets exclusively your current professional status and helps in bringing up the important gaps and accomplishments in your customer service head resume.
A reverse chronological format goes well with the recruiters because it produces the entire career thread clearly along with highlighting the important parts.
Thus, this is the best way to showcase your work trajectory in a contribution-achievement way.
Arranging your Resume Sections
After you have chosen your format, you need to arrange all the sections in your customer service director resume correctly.
But first, you need to know what will be the perfect length of your customer service head resume?
The length of your resume depends on the number of years you’ve worked.
A one-page resume is perfect for students and recent graduates as well as for those who have less than five years of work experience in reference to the job they are targeting.
A two-page resume is ideal for those who have more than five years of work experience. Apart from this, your resume should never exceed two-page length in any circumstances.
As the perfect length of your director of customer support resume is one page, put the most important section in the reverse chronological format.
The most influential sections for a director of customer service resume should be arranged in the following manner:
- Contact Information
- Professional Summary
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
You can consider providing the following extra information if it’s applicable:
- Languages Spoken
- Awards and Recognitions
- Co-curricular Activities
Proofreading & Finalizing
Proofread your customer service head resume and look for the following:
- It should be minimum 1 page of length and maximum 2
- Clear and separate section headings with bucketing done right
Hiration’s online resume builder will automatically use a general, easy-to-understand font.
- Enough white space, especially around the borders.
- Easy-to-understand font
The second proofreading list would include:
- Same tense throughout the customer service director resume. Usage of past tense to describe previous work experience and present tense to explain present work roles.
- Make sure that every point starts with a power verb. Some director of customer service resume examples of power verbs are: Developed, Launched, Coordinated, Achieved, etc.
- Avoid using jargons as your customer service director resume can be read by both technical and non-technical experts.
- Do not use active pronouns - I, me, we, us
- Make sure that your bullet points do not exceed more than one line.
- Write your name in the file name of the director of customer support resume you will submit.
Hiration Pro-tip: Get your resume reviewed by industry-specific professionals before submitting to your target organization.
You can also get your director of customer service resume professionally reviewed by industry experts before submitting it.
- Add everything you have achieved and learned throughout your career in your customer service head resume.
- Remove all the extra fluff from your customer service director resume by excluding unimportant sections and make it a master resume.
- Make sure that your bullet points reflect a cause-effect relationship while writing your director of customer support resume.
- Create sections for all your work experience and elaborate on how you positively impacted your clients.
- Quantify and highlight all your achievements/contributions in order to increase the credibility of your director of customer support resume.
- Make sure you proofread your director of customer service resume well and that it is not breaching the page limit.
You can even use Hiration’s online resume builder and have a facilitated resume building experience.
Providing easy crafting features, real-time preview, and pre-written resume examples, as well as 50+ HR – approved resume templates. Hiration gives best services to make sure that you get your dream job as soon as possible.