Here's the syntax to a junior software developer resume
Why should you perfect your junior software developer resume?
You should perfect your junior software developer resume as it improves your chances of getting shortlisted for your dream job. Without perfect it, you will be reduced to just another candidate waiting in the unending line of job waitlisting.
If you don't know where to start, let us help you with it.
In this blog, we will show you how to curate an impactful JR software developer resume that is optimized for a shortlist.
PFA a junior software developer resume sample illustrating what your resume should look like when perfected:
Before we get into the details, here's a summary of our Junior Software Developer Resume Blog:
- Research the resume guidelines of your country of employment before you draft your junior software developer resume.
- Highlight your most relevant work-based achievement in the summary or objective statement of your jr software developer resume.
- Optimize your junior software developer resume for ATS compatibility to stand a chance at getting shortlisted for your dream job in software design.
- To enhance readability, communicate the details of your work experience using crisp one-liner points. To add more impact, highlight relevant words & phrases in bold.
Following these basic steps will help revolutionize your resume.
But to perfect and optimize it for a shortlist, we advise you to follow the resume tips we have outlined below:
- Optimize your jr software developer resume for ATS compliance
- Present information under relevant resume sections
- Perfect the header, personal information, and profile title
- Follow the 5 golden rules to perfect the professional experience section
- Outline your academic details in the education section
- Use a distinct key skills section to present your software developer skills
- Curate your junior software developer resume summary at the end
We will now explore these tips in in-depth detail, so read on!
To make it easier, we have given section-wise junior software developer resume examples to show you what each section looks like when perfected.
In the meanwhile, feel free to sign up on our Online Resume Builder to learn how you can perfect your junior software developer resume using AI-intuitive features like next text prediction, space adjusting, JD-resume match functionality, section-wise analysis, and an overall resume score, analysis, and suggestions!
Optimize your jr software developer resume for ATS compliance
If you want to get shortlisted for an entry-level or junior software developer role, you need to perfect your resume for ATS compliance.
You must be wondering: What is an ATS?
Simply put, ATS is a short form for the Applicant Tracking System. It is a recruitment software that most organizations today have started using to conduct the first round of candidate vetting.
In this round, the ATS removes the least suited applicants.
How does the ATS decide which candidates are fittest or most unfit?
It uses three key metrics:
- ATS favors a reader-friendly resume
- ATS favors those resumes that match the JD the most
To enhance the readability of your resume, use sections to organize information. Moreover, present your work-specific information movements. Doing this helps you prove your skills and helps you show how you benefitted the organizations you worked with.
To optimize your resume according to the JD of your target job, identify keywords, and incorporate them into different sections of your resume so long as it matches your own skills, experience, and expertise.
So read on to learn all about it!
This junior software developer resume template is available on our Online Resume Builder. To access it, sign up on our platform by clicking on the banner below.
Present information under relevant resume sections
We recommend that you use these 7 must-have resume sections in your junior software developer resume to organize information effectively:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
The sections that we have presented above is a resume pre-requisite. No matter what career stage you are in, you need to incorporate these sections in your junior software developer resume at all costs.
Additionally, you can also use the following sections to accommodate information that might not fit into the above-mention sections:
- Volunteering Experience
You can use our Online Resume Builder to make use of our pre-arranged sections that are positioned right where they should be.
Sign up on our platform and look for our pre-designed junior software developer resume template in the search bar. Once you find it, use the template as a foundation, and add or omit pre-existing content to suit your career trajectory.
In the meanwhile, get your existing jr software developer resume reviewed by our in-house resume strategists at Hiration.
Perfect the header, personal information, and profile title
The header, personal information, and profile title are the first three sections of your jr software developer resume. Like all other sections, they too need to be perfected. We will now discuss how to perfect them.
Junior Software Developer Resume: Header
The header is the first section. Here's how you can perfect it:
- Do not write 'resume' to label your resume because it is implicit that your resume is a resume. It does not need to be specifically outlined.
- Write your real full name on the topmost part of your jr software developer resume.
- This should be written in the topmost part of your resume.
- Write your header in the largest font size in the range of 16-20 font points as doing this will ensure that a recruiter can instantly see who the owner your resume is, thus minimizing the chances of it getting mixed up.
Read our Resume Header Guide to learn the A-Zs of resume headers, its importance, and what you can do to perfect it.
Here's a junior software developer resume sample illustrating a perfectly positioned and sized resume header:
This is a snapshot of the header section of the junior software developer resume template that we have made using our Online Resume Builder.
Junior Software Developer Resume: Personal Information
The personal information section is the second section of your jr software developer resume. It should ideally consist of the following details:
- Updated mobile number
- Professional email ID
- Current Location
- LinkedIn profile URL (optional)
- Personal Website (optional)
Hiration Pro Tip: Research the resume guidelines around the personal information section for your country of employment. It helps you keep your resume informative and to the point.
Here are some rules around this section:
- Use your country’s ISD code as a prefix before your phone number. If you have two or more mobile numbers, add only one mobile number on which they are available 24x7.
- Pick a professional-sounding email ID and present it in your resume.
- Write your location in city & state code format. Doing this will tell the recruiter where you're from and what your location is.
- If you want to, you can include a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- You can also put a link to your personal website and portfolio.
Read our Resume Contact Information Guide to get an in-depth understanding of this section.
To know what a perfect personal information section should look like, take a look at the junior software developer resume sample below:
This is a snapshot of the personal information section of a junior software developer resume template that we have made using our Online Resume Builder.
Use our Online Resume Builder to put together a perfectly fashioned resume. It comes with a pre-designed & pre-filled template that you can easily edit to suit your career trajectory.
Junior Software Developer Resume: Profile Title
The profile title is the third section of your jr software developer resume. It is important and needs to be correctly written because it communicates the following details to the recruiter:
- Your current designation. If you're a Junior Software Developer, write it is as it is. Doing this tells a recruiter your current or last held job designation.
- A Software Developer communicates your functional industry, in this case, it represents that the professional is from the IT industry.
- Your seniority level. In this case, it shows that you are a beginner or an entry-level professional as your job title has 'junior' in it symbolizing that you're still in the early stages of your career.
- Your potential earning income. Junior profiles earn less than senior profiles. As such, writing down your profile title helps you articulate what salary range you will potentially expect from the hiring organization. That said, the salary can also depend on the company. The bigger the company, the higher the salary. However, the general consensus remains that junior profiles statistically earn lesser.
Hiration Pro Tip: Given the importance of your profile title, it should be visible to the recruiter. It should be the first thing a recruiter sees when going through your jr software developer resume.
Here's a junior software developer resume sample showcasing the profile title:
In the meanwhile, we advise you to get your hands on our Resume Review Service to get a thorough analysis of your junior software developer resume.
For more section wise junior software developer resume examples like this, read on.
Follow the 5 golden rules to perfect the professional experience section
The professional experience section is the heart and soul of your junior software developer resume. It should be impeccable and spot on.
Here are the 5 golden rules to perfect the professional experience section:
- Use one-liner points
- Use power verbs to begin each point
- Quantify your achievements
- Group similar points under a unique heading
- Mark relevant words/phrases in bold
Let's discuss them in detail now.
Use one-liner points
When it comes to drafting the professional experience section, people fall into one of these three categories:
- Category 1: Uses paragraphs
- Category 2: Uses multi-line points
- Category 3: Uses one-liner points
If you fall in the first two categories, stop right away.
Why? Because using paragraphs and multi-points makes your resume hard to read.
This is problematic because if this section is hard to read, a recruiter won't be able to read it. This is something that you can't afford because it is in this section that you highlight important career details such as your roles & responsibilities, your work duration, and your relevant achievements.
Thus, your job before you get the job is to make this section extremely readable.
To achieve this, use one-liner bulleted points to communicate your professional details & work responsibilities. Doing this improves the readability of your resume.
Use power verbs to begin each point
Now that you know that you should use-one liner bulleted points, your job doesn't end here, it simply begins. To make the right impression and catch the recruiter's attention, you need to do more. This is where power verbs help.
You probably didn't know this but power verbs are simple action-packed words or terms that you can use to replace average words.
For example, instead of using an average word like 'did', you can rephrase it by replacing this word with power verbs like 'executed', 'delivered', etc.
Quantify your achievements
The third rule to perfecting the professional experience section is this;
Outline your achievements & make sure you quantify it.
Recruiters don't want to read a bland testament of your everyday roles & responsibilities. If you're a software developer, you'll be expected to be equipped with basic software development skills.
But what matters to them is how effective you are at what you do. If you're able to give the clients exactly what they want. And if you're successful at effectively executing your career goals.
Group similar points under a unique heading
While writing one-liner points is a great way to make this section reader-friendly, when you stack a good 5-10 points together, it loses readability.
So to avoid this, group similar points together under a unique heading. This is called bucketing/
Doing this helps you preserve the readability of this section. Moreover, it also helps you enhance the effectiveness of this section.
Mark relevant words/phrases in bold
Now the next and final step to perfecting the professional experience section of your junior software developer resume is this:
Mark relevant words and phrases in bold. This method is called bolding.
When you use this strategy, you can successfully highlight important words & phrases in this section.
Doing this helps you attract the recruiter's attention to your key career highlights, thus helping you emphasize those points that you want the recruiters to notice.
So what words or phrases should you mark in bold?
We advise you to bolden your achievements, figures, and your top skills in each point.
Junior Software Developer Resume Sample for Professional Experience
To learn more about this section and learn how to perfect it, read our Resume Work Experience Section Guide. Here's a junior software developer resume sample illustrating a perfect professional experience section:
Have you perfected the professional experience section of your junior software developer resume?
Have you done what it takes to perfect it?
Get expert opinion from our Resume Strategists with our Resume Review Service.
Outline your academic details in the education section
Your academic background matters.
This is why you should write important academic information in the education section of your junior software developer resume such as:
- University Name.
- Name of the degree.
- University Location.
- Enrolment & Graduation Dates.
Refer to our Resume Education Section Guide to get an in-depth understanding of this section.
Here's a junior software developer resume sample demonstrating a perfectly-composed education section:
This is a snapshot of the education section of a junior software developer resume template that we have made using our Online Resume Builder.
You can also do a junior software developer resume pdf and doc download using our resume building platform.
Use a distinct key skills section to present your software developer skills
Your software development skills matter. You should highlight them under a distinct section. Here's what you should do:
- Present your core software development skills under the 'key skills' section of your junior software developer resume.
- Make a technical skills subsection within this section to outline your technical tool-based skills & expertise.
- Don't use phrases like 'experienced in' or 'expertise in'.
Read our Resume Skills Guide to get an in-depth understanding of the key skills section of this blog.
Here's a junior software developer resume sample illustrating an impeccable key skills section of your junior software developer resume pdf:
Have you done what it takes to perfect the skills section of your resume? Have you included relevant skills in this section? Is there more you can add to this section?
Find the answers to all this and more with our free resume review service.
Curate your junior software developer resume summary at the end
Do you know what a junior software developer resume summary is?
Simply put, it is an overview of your junior software developer resume. As such, it needs to be bang-on and designed for maximum impact making.
Here are some tips that you can use to perfect the junior software developer resume summary:
- Write the junior software developer resume summary at the end after concluding the rest of your resume. Doing this eliminates the need for repeated revision as you'll be able to compile all important points in the first round.
- Keep it short. A 3-5 lines summary statement will do.
- Take an achievement-based approach to curating the junior software developer resume summary. Doing this will help you outline all your relevant achievements.
- Write a junior software developer resume summary only if you have a minimum work experience of 3 years. If you don't, write an objective statement instead.
Read our Resume Summary Guide to get a better understanding of this section and what you can do to perfect it.
Here's a junior software developer resume example illustrating a well-written summary statement for your junior software developer resume pdf sample:
Moving on, to make an impeccable junior software developer resume template from scratch, use our Online Resume Builder. Our platform comes with AI-intuitive features like next text prediction, space adjusting, JD-resume match functionality, and many more!
Resume Review Service
Hiration's Resume Review Service is one of a kind service. Here, our in-house team of highlight skilled Resume Strategists take care of your resume and offer insightful tips to help you achieve global resume perfection standards.
You end up with an impeccable junior software developer resume that you can be proud of - all thanks to our expert resume tacticians!
If you have an existing jr software developer resume that needs the touch of perfection, use our Resume Review Service now.
We will review your resume in compliance with the below-mentioned features:
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
At Hiration, we have worked tirelessly for months and years to perfect our intuitive AI-based Online Resume Builder.
We have worked tirelessly to improve this platform, and what we have now is a one of a king and game-changing platform that is designed to help you perfect your jr software developer resume.
Here's a list of the features that come with our Online Resume Builder:
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
Here are the key takeaways of our Junior Software Resume 2021 Blog:
- Optimize your jr software developer resume for ATS compliance. To do this, make sure that you look after the readability of your resume and optimize your current resume according to the JD of your target job.
- Whether you're writing a junior software developer resume no experience or not, make sure that you include all the seven must-have resume sections in your resume.
- Do not write 'resume' or 'CV' anywhere in your resume. This is completely unnecessary and a total waste of your time.
- Write your basic contact details such as your email ID and mobile number details with complete accuracy. A simple typo can put you light years away from getting contacted by a recruiter, so watch out.
- Your profile title reflects your professional status and designation. Make sure that this information is correctly presented in your junior software developer resume.
- Write an impeccable junior software developer resume summary to conclude your resume. Highlight your achievements here to showcase your expertise.
- Make a distinct skills section to outline your core software development skills.
- Present the details of your work experience in the professional experience section of your jr software developer resume. And to perfect it, use one-liner points to communicate your work details and to divert recruiter's attention to the key communication points in this section, use bucketing & bolding.
- Highlight the details of your academic background in the education section of your jr software developer resume.
Implement these steps to make an impeccable junior software developer resume.
If you have pending queries, write to us at email@example.com.