Is your existing Database Developer Resume shortlist-worthy?
[Click here to directly go to the complete Database Developer resume sample]
If it isn't, it should be. The competition for a database developer job is at its peak. Every professional who is looking for a job needs to put in that extra effort to make their mark and be recognized as the ideal candidate.
And to do all this, you need a shortlist-worthy database developer resume.
And to make a shortlist-worthy resume, you need to effectively communicate the skills & expertise. Be it for a junior or a senior database developer resume - the presentation of the details of your career trajectory needs to be bang on.
We have compiled all the relevant information and tips that can help you create the perfect database developer cv.
Here is our Database Developer Resume blog summary:
- Avoid resume misplacement by placing your name on the extreme top part of your database developer resume.
- Put relevant information in your resume to best tailor it for your target jobs.
- Mention your current or last held job title right above your summary or objective statement.
- Describe your work history effectively in your oracle database developer resume.
You can control what goes into your database developer skills resume and what to avoid in your database developer resume headline.
Every single detail that you highlight in your SQL database developer resume should have a positive impact on the recruiters.
The following resume tips can help you write a job-winning Database Developer resume:
- Use a suitable resume format to frame your Database Developer resume
- Include appropriate sections to organize your Database Developer Resume
- Optimize the header of your Database Developer Resume
- Establish the perfect professional experience section of your Database Developer Resume
- Provide your educational background details in a Database Developer Resume
- Exhibit your Database Developer Resume skills on a distinct key skills section
- Give an overview of your impeccable Database Developer Resume
Hiration's Online Resume Builder is made available to you so that you can create the perfect entry level database developer resume or senior database developer resume.
Use a suitable resume format to frame your Database Developer resume
Apart from making sure that your senior database developer resume is recruiter-friendly, you need to frame an ATS-friendly resume as well.
Make use of the most suitable resume format so that your senior database developer resume can easily get through the ATS and get on the radar of the recruiters.
There are ideally three types of resume formats and they are listed below:
- Chronological Resume Format
- Functional Resume Format
- Combination Resume Format
The Chronological Resume Format is based on your career timeline.
In this format, your most recent or relevant work history is presented first followed by the ones trailing back to the oldest work record of your professional trajectory.
As long as your career trajectory is smooth sailing without any gaps this format is the most suitable and recommended resume format.
The Functional Resume Format is based on the skills that you professionally possess.
Rather than exhibiting your achievements as per the timeline of your work history, your functional skills are exhibited in your oracle database developer resume.
This format is generally for only those professionals whose career has transacted from one job to the other and for those who have gaps in their career.
Do keep in mind that this resume format is not ATS compliant and hence Hiration does not encourage the use of this format.
The Combination Resume Format can help you highlight the timeline of your career trajectory along with your skills.
You can use this format to highlight both your professional experience and potential so that the recruiters can easily recognize your caliber.
The right resume format can help you create your database developer cv effectively.
Database Developer Sample Resume
At Hiration we try our best to bring out the best features of every professional to help them stand out as the perfect applicant.
Here is our complete database developer resume sample to help you see what a resume looks like that has been created from our Online Resume Builder.
- Software & Platform: Oracle, Informatica, SharePoint
- Programming Language: PL/SQL, Python
- Administering Oracle PL/SQL database development for enterprise application to integrate data from multiple data sources
- Developing 6 complex database processes with PL/SQL containing batch and extract, transform, load (ETL) functionality
- Liaising with 6 data architects and modelers for developing the data warehouse reporting solution
- Developing 10 solutions by deploying Oracle PL/SQL, ETL, Informatica, Python, etc. for supporting Asset Management team
- Creating, testing and optimizing new databases while collaborating with business logic software development teams
- Conducting continuous testing to monitor performance and fix bugs in databases
- Gathering requirements and orchestrating design, development, testing, and documentation as required
- Assisting the Decision Support team of 10 including DBAs, senior database developers, etc. to meet user requirements
- Implementing and troubleshooting programming changes and modifications while analyzing issues in the same
- Providing operations support and rendering assistance to 4 senior database developers with debugging
- Collaborated with the Product, Design, and Marketing teams for developing clean codes for 3+ software
- Executed code builds to test and production environments while editing existing source code
- Developed and deployed 2 computer applications by leveraging technical knowledge of the principles, practices, etc.
- Made a SharePoint application while maintaining 2 web and database back-end applications
- Performed a key role in debugging existing code and developing in-house software while reviewing existing programs
- Troubleshot system errors and provided technical support for software related issues
- Maintained documents as per company standards while providing user, software and computing infrastructure support
- Planned, developed, tested and documented computer programs on an enterprise resource planning (ERP) System scale
- Provided support to 10 database developers in testing, documenting, and training third-party software products
- Coordinated with 3 senior computer programmers for testing 3 new and 5+ modified software
- IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 11 DBA for z/OS | IBM | Jan '20
- Certified Database Development Professional | Sunny Hills Academy | Sparkill, NY | Jul '18 - Dec '18
- Languages: English (Native) and Vietnamese (Interactive)
Once you create your resume on our Online Resume Builder you can easily download your database developer resume pdf.
Include appropriate sections to organize your Database Developer Resume
Your senior database developer resume is made up of distinct segments and you need to make sure that you include the most suitable ones that can help you write the perfect resume.
The given infographic shows all the standard segments of a resume that needs to be framed at all times:
You can also add the following sections to support the standard sections in a resume:
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
Hiration's Guide to sections in a resume has more knowledge in store for you to help you understand about resume sections like the back of your hand.
Visit Hiration’s Online Resume Builder and explore all the amazing features made available just for you.
It is stocked with pre-filled resume templates that you can choose from and add your particulars as desired.
Optimize the header of your Database Developer Resume
Instead of writing "CV" or "Resume" in the topmost part of your resume, write your name.
It not only makes more sense but saves you a significant section of the resume wherein you can write your name to label your database developer cv.
With your name as the resume header, it will be easier for the recruiters to keep track of your oracle database developer resume and monitor you through the hiring procedure.
Simply make sure to use the largest text in your resume ideally in 16-20 font size so that it is easily visible for the recruiters to read.
Read Hiration’s Guide To Writing The Perfect Resume Header and learn more about resume header to frame a flawless header for your oracle database developer resume.
Look at our database developer resume sample illustrating the ideal header for a database developer resume headline:
We have attached section-wise snapshots of our database developer resume example throughout the blog that we have created on Hiration’s Online Resume Builder.
Database Developer Resume: Personal Information
An ideal personal information section of your entry level database developer resume should contain the following details:
- Updated Contact Number
- Professional Email Address
- Current Location
Hiration Pro Tip: Social media profiles like your Linkedin can be added for the recruiters to communicate with you. Make sure that your social profile is well maintained and sheds light on your professional aspects.
Updated Contact Number: When you apply for a job your chances of being shortlisted lie in the fact that you provide the recruiters with a means to communicate with you.
Your contact number should be added to your resume so that the recruiters can interview you over the phone or provide you with updates on your job application.
Always check that you have noted down the correct contact number that is functional and active before you send out your resumes.
Professional Email Address: Email is an easy means of communication and a must for you to mention in your personal information section.
It is convenient and easy to maintain communication between you and the recruiters through email.
Hence, always make sure to provide your official email address that has your real name.
Current Location: Framing the current location in your resume serves you an important purpose.
To let the recruiters know your interest in moving to some other country for your job, mention your state and country else simply mention your city and state.
Avoid mentioning the name of your locality, house, or street number, etc as they are details that are unnecessary in a resume.
Read about framing the contact information on a resume to make sure that you are providing only the required details.
The database developer resume sample given can give you an insight into what an ideal personal information section looks like in an SQL database developer resume:
This is a snapshot of a resume that we have built using Hiration’s Online Resume Builder.
Database Developer Resume: Profile Title
Profile titles on a resume should be accurate and specific at all times as they are the identity of your professional status.
The recruiters can recognize your current designation, the functional industry of your profession, and the level of your professional seniority.
Try not to overstate or lie about your profile title because it may lead the recruiter into assuming that you are not a worthy applicant who is not honest about one's professional status.
Be accurate with your profile title and make the recruiters acknowledge you as a suitable applicant.
Always follow the two simple guidelines given below while framing your profile title:
- Use the second-largest text in your resume after your resume header to write your profile title.
- Write your profile title in the ideal range of 14-16 font size.
Here is our database developer resume sample illustrating the ideal profile title of a database developer cv:
Use our Online Resume Builder to put together a perfectly fashioned resume.
Establish the perfect professional experience section of your Database Developer Resume
With the work experience that you have, you can raise your chances of landing your dream job.
But to achieve that you need to make sure that you are doing the right thing while framing the professional experience section of your senior database developer resume.
Carefully read the infographic given below and see what can help you curate the perfect work experience section in your database developer cv:
It is simple but that does not mean that you can afford to be careless while describing your work history in your oracle database developer resume.
- Frame one-liners: Use bullet points and frame one-liner sentences to communicate your work experience to the recruiters in your resume.
Every point should be specific and on-point so that the recruiters can easily read what you are trying to communicate to them.
The work experience that you have can make the recruiters recognize you as a potential candidate and acknowledge you for the same while picking suitable applicants during the hiring process.
Hence you must make the recruiters read through your points without any hassle.
- Start with power verbs: To hold on to the interest of the recruiters you need to make use of suitable power verbs to start every one-liner.
Using power verbs can help you avoid repetition of the same words while also make your statements more effective and interesting at the same time.
Every point you frame should be action-oriented starting with relevant power verbs so that the recruiters can recognize your roles and responsibilities as a professional.
- Provide achievement figures: While going through your professional experience section the recruiters will be interested in your professional contributions.
And to make them recognize your input towards the higher goals of an organization you should provide your achievement figures.
Doing so can specify the value you have contributed towards an organization's achievements and success which in turn will make you stand out as a potential applicant.
- Create suitable buckets: To organize your framed points, you need to create different buckets with suitable headings. Then list all the similar points under the relevant bucket.
Every bucket you create should be able to present your work experience effectively so that the recruiters can acknowledge your vast contributions.
By simply grouping the similar points you can highlight the key roles and responsibilities that were assigned to you and hence make the recruiters get an insight into your professional affair.
- Bold your career highlights: To further enhance your framed points you can pick the most distinct word or phrase in your one-liner and bold them.
By bolding the main points in your one-liners you can direct the recruiters' interest in the professional roles and responsibilities that define you as a suitable candidate.
Database Developer Resume Sample for Professional Experience
Make sure to read Hiration's Blog on how to compose the work experience in your resume and get more details on this section.
Also, refer to the given database developer resume sample showcasing an ideal professional experience section to perfectly frame your work history:
Go to our Online Resume Builder to check out the Free Resume Review Service and re-vamp your existing SQL database developer resume.
Provide your educational background details in a Database Developer Resume
Your academic achievement(s) should be mentioned in your entry level database developer resume so that the recruiters can evaluate your qualification and recognize you as a suitable applicant.
The educational qualification you hold can take you a step closer to be shortlisted as the deserving candidate.
Ideally, the education section of your senior database developer resume should contain the following details:
- School/university name.
- Courses you have pursued.
- location of your school/university.
- Enrollment and graduation dates.
Learn more about education on a resume from Hiration's guide.
Here is an ideal education section from our database developer resume example:
Database Developer Resume: Certifications
Want to enhance the professional credibility in your entry level database developer resume?
Make sure to mention the details of your certification(s) in your oracle database developer resume to prove your potential to the recruiters who in turn can shortlist you instead of those who are not certified.
Give the following details in the certification(s) section of your database developer cv:
- Certification course name.
- Name of the institute.
- Location of the institute.
- Admission and completion date.
By listing certifications on a resume you can give yourself a higher chance of being recognized by the recruiters as a capable professional.
The ideal certifications section for your resume is illustrated in the below-given database developer resume sample:
Take a tour of our professionally designed Online Resume Builder and let the professionals assist you in creating the perfect database developer resume pdf.
Exhibit your Database Developer Resume skills on a distinct key skills section
The ATS (Applicant Tracking System) helps the recruiters get rid of incompatible resumes that do not contain the required keywords that are relevant to the Database Developer job profile.
So if you want your database developer skills resume to make it past the ATS then you need to use suitable keywords that are linked to the job profile.
And the key skills section is one of the best segments where you can boast of the professional skills that you possess and frame suitable keywords to get your database developer skills resume past the ATS.
Pick your skills that have been justified in the professional experience section and place them in the key skills section so that the recruiters can scan through your skills and recognize your potential.
Also, make sure to create a separate section for your technical skills to emphasize your technological knowledge that is relevant to the targeted job profile.
Our guide to skills on a resume has a lot more in store for you to deepen your understanding of this section.
Look at the ideal skills section as displayed in our database developer resume sample:
Give an overview of your impeccable Database Developer Resume
To keep it simple, include a brief overview of your resume so that the recruiters can get easy insight into your resume without having to read through the entire resume.
You can either compose a database developer resume summary or a database developer resume objective.
Database Developer Resume Summary
Incorporate a database developer resume summary only if you have enough work experience to exhibit in your resume.
You need to have more than 3 years of work experience to include a database developer resume summary because you need to highlight your work experience as well as your skills.
Your oracle database developer resume summary should comprise of the points validated in the work experience section.
Apart from that, you need to include some mention-worthy skills to give the recruiters an impression that you have the required skills and experience to be shortlisted for the targeted job profile.
Read Hiration's resume summary guide and learn more about this section.
Attached below is a database developer resume example showcasing the ideal resume summary:
Database Developer Resume Objective
Incorporate a resume objective if:
- You have no work experience.
- You have less than 3 years of work experience.
- You are writing an entry-level resume.
Make use of the database developer resume objective to advertise your skills and make the recruiters accept you as a suitable applicant even with limited or without any work experience.
Read the guide on resume objectives and learn more about resume objectives.
Go to Hiration's Online Resume Builder and explore all the features that can enhance your SQL database developer resume.
Resume Review Service
Your resume will be reviewed in compliant with the following parameters:
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Resume Format
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
Here is a chance for you to get 2 resume templates for free with our Resume Review Service!
Online Resume Builder
Here is a list of the resources that come with Hiration's Online Resume Builder:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
- Start by picking the perfect resume format that can help your database developer cv get past the Applicant Tracking System.
- Do not add unnecessary details in your oracle database developer resume and provide only the ones mentioned in the hiring guidelines.
- Organize your professional experience section by listing all your points in relevant buckets.
- Provide your achievement figures to specify the value you can offer as a professional.
- Give a brief highlight of your resume by composing a suitable database developer resume summary.
Now that we have reached the end of this blog, make use of all the database developer resume examples and database developer resume samples provided in this blog to write a job-winning senior database developer resume.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.