How to list SQL on resume?
We are here to answer that question and more! It does not matter if you are writing an oracle dba resume for 4 year experience or oracle dba resume 8 years experience. Whether you are an entry-level or experienced professional. This guide has something for everyone.
Before we begin, here's a summary of our Oracle DBA Resume 2020 Blog:
- Stop sending the same generic SQL server DBA resume to every recruiter. Customize your SQL server DBA resume to suit the particular profile you are applying for.
- Keep personal details out of your resume. The recruiter does not need to know your ethnicity, gender, race, religion, etc. All they need are your contact details.
- Do not ramble. Your SQL server DBA resume needs to be to-the-point and informative. If there is some information that you want to show off but it is not relevant to the profile you are applying for, keep it off the resume.
- Highlight your relevant achievements in the summary section so the recruiter can decide whether or not you are a desirable candidate at the beginning itself. Remember to draft the summary in the end.
Wait, there is more. This blog is riddled with section-wise admin resume examples so you have a visual understanding of how every section should look like once you have finished creating your SQL server DBA resume.
To perfect your Oracle DBA resume, follow these 7 resume tips:
- Customize your oracle DBA resume for each job listing
- Present information using sections in your Oracle DBA resume
- Perfect the header, personal information, and profile title in your oracle DBA resume
- Draft an impeccable professional experience section in your oracle DBA resume
- Outline your academic details under the education section in your oracle DBA resume
- Highlight your skills under a key skills section in your oracle DBA resume
- Conclude your resume with an impactful oracle DBA resume summary
Confused? Fret not! We will simplify things as we go along.
Here’s a list of what we will be talking about in this blog:
Customize your oracle DBA resume for each job listing
Using the same SQL DBA resume to apply for every job will backfire. Instead of mindlessly applying for every possible job you come across, apply to a select few that are more up your alley.
Quality over quantity!
The name of the game is, what makes you any different from all the other applicants out there?
There are thousands of other applicants with the same generic SQL DBA resume as you apply for the same job as you. So, why would not one of them get the job over you?
It is highly likely that they might!
So, change your approach today and start customizing your SQL DBA resume before you apply to any more jobs. We promise you will start noticing a change in how many interviews your SQL DBA resume gets you in.
Start by researching the job descriptions of your target jobs. Use the information present here to draft your SQL DBA resume. Introduce keywords in the summary, skills, and professional experience sections.
Oracle DBA Resume Sample
Want to know what the perfect SQL resume looks like? Here's a SQL resume sample illustrating the perfect PostgreSQL resume:
Want to access this template? Click on it to edit and get your oracle DBA resume download. You will be transported to our Online Resume Builder where you can sign up and get your senior oracle DBA resume pdf.
Need more of a reason to check out our Online Resume Builder? It comes with an AI-powered personal assistant that gives you features like next word prediction, live review, JD-CV match, and much more.
Present information using sections in your Oracle DBA resume
The right information presentation spans from the right format to choosing the correct sections to file your information under. When it comes to resume formats, we would advise using the reverse-chronological order. It works best for professionals with a seamless career projection.
However, if you have career gaps, go for the functional resume format.
Highly experienced professionals may adopt the combination resume format to fulfill their needs.
Coming to the sections and their organization, here are all the must-have resume sections for your database administrator resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
In addition to this, here are some extra add-ons that you can use to present information that does not fit the above sections:
- Volunteering Experience
Wondering how to go about building the right sections? Visit Online Resume Builder which comes with templates that have pre-arranged resume sections that are positioned right where they should be. Moreover, you can do a senior oracle DBA resume pdf or oracle DBA resume download!
Perfect the header, personal information, and profile title in your oracle DBA resume
The first three must-have resume sections of your database administrator resume are:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
We will now discuss these sections in detail in the coming sections.
Oracle DBA Resume: Header
Get ready to do some actual writing after all this planning. The first thing you have to write is your oracle DBA resume headline.
Following are some tips you can use to correctly draft the oracle DBA resume headline for your database administrator resume:
- If you have been labeling your PostgreSQL resume as CV or Resume, it’s time to stop.
- Use your real full name to label your PostgreSQL resume. Write it on the extreme top part. People with a middle name, initialize it. For example, if your name is Sarah Jessica Parker. Write it as Sarah J. Parker.
- Being the label, it is supposed to be the largest thing on your PostgreSQL resume so it is quick to notice. Ensure that your oracle DBA resume headline does not get overlooked by writing it in the font size of 16-20 font size.
Read Hiration's Guide To Writing The Perfect Resume Header where we get into more detail about this section and how to perfect it.
Here's a SQL resume sample illustrating the perfect resume header:
For more section-wise admin resume examples like these, read on.
This snapshot of the header is taken from the Oracle DBA resume template that we have put together with Hiration’s Online Resume Builder.
Oracle DBA Resume: Personal Information
Do not omit this section at any cost as it is where you provide all your contact details to the recruiter so that you can be contacted in case of a shortlist.
Here is all the mandatory information that goes here:
- Updated mobile number: Only give out the number you are 24*7 available on.
- Professional email ID: Write an email ID that preferably has your name in it.
- Current Location: Write your city and state if you are applying in the same country and your state and city if you are looking for opportunities abroad.
Hiration Pro Tip: Adding links to your LinkedIn, personal website, etc. can bode in your favor if you have optimized these platforms and use them in a professional capacity.
Here are some tips that you can follow to perfect the resume contact information section of your database administrator resume.
Here's an SQL resume sample showcasing the perfect personal information section:
For more section-wise admin resume examples, read on.
To make resume writing an effortless affair, use Hiration’s Online Resume Builder.
You can use the pre-designed & pre-filled oracle DBA resume template and modify it to suit your professional needs and qualifications!
Moreover, you can also do a senior oracle DBA resume pdf and oracle DBA resume download!
Oracle DBA Resume: Profile Title
Why is the profile title so important? Because it communicates the following important information to the recruiter:
- Your current job title/designation. Do not fudge the details about your seniority on your PostgreSQL resume. If you are a fresher or an entry-level professional, state the same on your PostgreSQL resume.
- Your functional industry. Let the recruiter know your industry with just your profile.
- Your seniority level: Your title will communicate your seniority level to the recruiter. This not only helps them understand your eligibility but also can be a major factor in the salary you are offered.
Use the following tips to perfectly write your profile title:
- Write it in the second-largest text after your resume header. A font size of 14-16 points will be great to ensure that a recruiter does not miss it.
- Lying or exaggerating the profile title should not be done. This comes across as fraudulent and an attempt to cheat your way into a position and salary that your work experience does not deserve.
Here's an SQL resume sample showcasing an accurate profile title for the resume:
For more admin resume examples like this, read on.
In the meanwhile, get your existing database administrator resume reviewed by our resume strategists at Hiration.
Draft an impeccable professional experience section in your oracle DBA resume
The resumes getting shortlisted have one thing in common:
The professional experience section is well laid out, easy to read, comprehensible and achievements based. You won’t beat the competition with a perfunctory professional experience section.
This section showcases important career-specific details that help the recruiter imagine whether you would be a good fit in their organization and carry out the role being offered.
Here you tell the recruiter the organizations you have been associated with, the duration you have spent working for them, how your job profile has evolved through each engagement, and what your most notable achievements and career highlights have been among other details.
Is this enough to convince you that you need to leave no stones unturned while working on this section?
Here are some tips that will help you perfect the professional experience section of your database administrator resume:
- Use one-liner points
- Use the STAR format
- Quantify your achievements
- Use bucketing & bolding
Use one-liner points
Whether you're drafting an oracle DBA resume 8 years experience or a less-experienced oracle DBA resume for 4 year experience, here's what you should do:
Use one-liner points instead of paragraphs to communicate your roles & responsibilities and their details for all the organizations you were engaged with within the professional experience section.
This enhances the readability of this section considerably.
The more readable the resume, the higher the chances that it will get evaluated by recruiters. On top of that, a well-formatted resume stands more chances of being passed by the ATS recruitment software.
Easily readable resumes are not just easy to read for recruiters but also the bots performing the first stage of vetting.
A recruiter might overlook poor formatting if the candidate is highly eligible but an ATS will never forgive that and you need to appease the ATS to make it to the recruiter.
So, do not think of this as making the recruiter’s job easy. You are doing yourself a favor by optimizing your PostgreSQL resume to be read by an ATS so it can reach a recruiter.
This is why you should start using one-liner points to write your professional experience section if you aren’t already doing that.
Is there a certain format to be followed while composing your one-liners?
Of course, there is!
Using the STAR format to compose your one-liners will not only make sure that your PostgreSQL resume is readable but also ensure that it delivers value.
Here's what the STAR format stands for:
- S stands for situation: The situation/backdrop/context to your contributions
- T stands for task: The actual task that was assigned to you
- A stands for action: The strategy you used to execute the assigned task
- R stands for result: The result/outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure
Once you use this strategy to write your points, the recruiter will be able to easily identify your roles and responsibilities and how your contribution benefitted our previous employers. That is an indication of what you are capable of bringing to the table now.
Other than that, use power verbs to start every one-liner to drive the point home and achieve maximum impact.
Quantify your achievements
Listing your accomplishments will only take you so far without any context.
Provide numbers/achievement figures to give a backbone to your statements. So instead of saying that you achieved an x target, show the figures around it.
Here are some ideas around the kind of information you can add achievement figures to:
- If your work helped save time for the company, mention a ballpark figure of the hours you were able to save.
- Saved some money because of your negotiation skills? Mention the amount on your PostgreSQL resume.
- Made a process easier and increased the efficiency of the time? Relate it to the time saved and mention a number or percentage.
Bucketing & bolding
Let’s now work on how you can further highlight the main features of your PostgreSQL resume to draw the attention of recruiters towards them. So, even if they are short on time and just glancing through resumes, they won’t miss the information that will result in you being shortlisted.
The first is bucketing. Here you will be grouping similar points under one unique heading.
Further, bold relevant words, phrases, and numbers to put them in the limelight.
Want more such actionable tips that you can put to use straight away? Read Hiration's Blog on how to compose the work experience in your resume.
Here's an SQL resume sample showcasing an impeccable professional experience section:
For more admin resume examples like this, read on.
In the meanwhile, get an expert opinion on your database administrator resume for feedback and tips on how to improve your existing data management resume from our resume experts at Hiration.
Outline your academic details under the education section in your oracle DBA resume
It does not matter how much experience you hold, your academic history matters. Showcase your SQL projects for resume in this section. Moreover, here's a list of things to put in the education section of your database administrator resume:
- Name of your school/university.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
- Enrolment and graduation dates.
Refer to our Resume Education Section Guide to understand this section.
Here's an SQL resume example showcasing the ideal education section for your resume.
For more administrator resume examples like this, read on.
Add your SQL projects for resume in the education section.
Highlight your skills under a key skills section in your oracle DBA resume
You must make a distinct key skills section in your data management resume so that recruiters do not have to look through your data management resume to find your abilities.
Here is how you can put your skills in the front and center:
- Make this section towards the end so that you can go through your professional experience section and pick out skills from here.
- Outline your core functional skills or soft skills under the 'key skills' section.
- Form a subsection named ‘technical skills’ to showcase your tech-based skills like languages, tools, software, etc.
Refer to our Resume Skills Guide for more on this section.
Here's an SQL resume example showcasing an impeccable key skills section:
For more section-wise administrator resume examples like this, read on.
Conclude your resume with an impactful oracle DBA resume summary
The summary section is your chance at holding the recruiter’s attention from the get-go. This is an overview of your entire career trajectory in 3-5 lines where you tell the recruiter your years of experience, your career highlights, and achievements.
Learn how to perfect your oracle DBA resume summary:
- Compose the oracle DBA resume summary at the very end so you don’t have to rewrite or edit your summary again and again.
- Go through your work experience section to pick the highlights of your career and display them here.
- Do not go over a 3-5 lines paragraph.
- Write a data management resume summary only if you have 3+ years of work experience. For freshers and entry-level professionals, a data management resume objective is more appropriate.
Attached below is a SQL resume example illustrating an impeccable summary:
In the meanwhile, use our Online Resume Builder to curate an effective database administrator resume.
Resume Review Service
Get advice from experts that have helped thousands of applicants get their dream job. Use our resume review service to get your data management resume reviewed in compliance with the following parameters:
- Performance Assessment
- Content Relevance
- Compliance with industry norms
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Design Compatibility
- Global Compatibility
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
Hiration’s Online Resume Builder will provide you with the following amazing features:
- 25+ resume designs
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF & DOC downloads
- Auto bold feature
With this, you have reached the end of our oracle DBA resume 2020 guide:
- Instead of submitting the same beat-up data management resume to every job you apply for, start customizing it.
- Use sections to file and organize the information in your data management resume.
- Label your database administrator resume using your real full name.
- Withhold extremely personal details and only give out your contact details in the personal information section.
- Write your profiles and professional experience section in the reverse-chronological format.
- Do not let your summary/objective statement exceed 5 lines.
- Distinctly curate a key skills section and create a subsection under it named technical skills to file your tool/language/software related knowledge.
- Use achievement figures to quantify your one-liner statements. Employ bucketing & bolding to enhance your data management resume’s readability and impact.
- Make an education section to display your degrees, academic qualifications, and SQL projects for resume.
Follow the tips laid out in this blog to write the perfect data management resume.
In the meanwhile, write to us at email@example.com to resolve any pending queries.