Click here to directly go to the complete 3D artist resume sample.
What should you write in a 3D Artist Resume?
You should present the details of your 3D artist work experience, contact information, educational background, skills, and relevant certifications, training, and internships, etc. in your resume for 3D artist jobs.
Moreover, you should champion your ability to create an effective 3D experience for your end-users.
That said, presenting basic details in your 3D artist resume template is not enough as it won't get you the job. Deploying the right resume tactics will.
The simplest of tricks can help you dramatically make an impact on the recruiter and beat the competition.
So here is an insight into our blog that can help you curate an effective 3D artist resume:
- Briefly describe your work experience using one-liners in your 3d artist resume template.
- Mention if you have worked on a project or got certified in relevant courses.
- Throw light on your key skills along with your technical skills.
- Compile the points describing your roles and responsibilities in similar groups
- Summarize the entire resume content once you complete drafting your resume.
Implementing these resume tips will enhance your 3D artist resume.
In addition to this, we will also show you:
- How to get a job as a 3D artist?
- How do you make a 3D artist CV?
- What do 3D artists do?
- What skills do 3D artists need?
- How to decide whether to include a resume summary or objective?
The knowledge of all this put together will help you put together an impactful 3D designer resume that recruiters will love.
In this blog, we have mentioned section-wise instructions to help you curate an impeccable resume from scratch. We have also presented section-wise 3D artist resume examples at the end of each section to show you what they should look like when perfected.
Hiration's Online Resume Builder can help you inch closer to your dream job by creating the best 3d artist resume
and a 3d artist resume cover letter.
You can also go through the following blogs to check out 50+ resume examples and samples provided across the guide blogs:
|Animation Resume Guide Blog|
|Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Guide Blog|
What is 3D Artist Resume and Why Do You Need It?
According to BLS, the 3D Artist industry will see a 4% job growth within 2029. With an average annual salary of $75,270, a 3D artist is one of the most demanding creative jobs in the market.
However, in current times, the job market is saturated with highly skilled 3D artists. In this fierce competition, if you wish to get a job as a 3D artist, you need to have relevant skills, technical knowledge, relevant education, and a stellar 3D artist resume.
A 3D artist resume is a professional document that contains detailed information about your experience, skills, and accomplishment.
Here are some of the requirements for the job:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
- Relevant certification related to 3D graphics
- Strong technical knowledge of tools like 3D Max, V-Ray, SketchUp, May
Scope of Employment:
As a 3D artist, you can get a job in different fields such as the entertainment industry, marketing, architecture, video game production, etc. You can also find employment as:
- 3D concept designer
- Motion Graphic designer
- 3D print designer
- Interior Designer
- Medical Illustrator
The average salary of 3D Artists in the US:
Choose the Right 3D Artist Resume Format
How do you make a 3D artist CV?
The first thing you need to do is pick the right resume format.
If you're writing a 3D designer resume, you probably fall in one of the following professional categories:
- You have an uninterrupted career trajectory
- You have career gaps
- You have switched jobs too frequently
Because most professionals have a unique career trajectory, choosing the right junior 3D artist resume format becomes crucial. It helps you present information strategically. Moreover, it also helps you conceal information if needed.
So here goes a list of the three formats you should choose based on the nature of your career trajectory as presented above:
- Reverse-Chronological: This format displays your most recent career information first. As such, it helps you show the timeline of your career trajectory seamlessly by prioritizing the most recent ones first. This is ideal for 3 Artists with an uninterrupted career trajectory. We advise you to choose this format as your 3d artist resume format.
- Functional: This resume format is function-based. This means that this format uses your skills as the defining metric to organize your 3D designer resume. The result? It helps conceal career gaps. As such, this is considered the ideal format for frequent job switchers and professionals with career gaps. But that said, we do not recommend the use of this format as it is not ATS-friendly.
The combination resume format combines the time-line based approach and skill-based approach of the earlier two resumes. As such, it is considered ideal for all professionals. It is also ideal for professionals who are writing a 3d artist fresher resume.
Basics of a 3D Artist Resume
Before you start working on your 3D artist resume, make sure that you have your basics covered.
We will be briefly discussing the following points:
- Difference between a 3D artist resume and a 3D artist CV
- Difference between a 3D artist resume and a junior 3d artist resume
Difference between a 3D artist resume and a 3D artist CV
If you've been wondering what the difference between a 3D artist resume and a 3D artist CV is, read on to learn the difference between the two:
- A 3D artist resume is a concise summary of your professional career. It is generally one to two pages long.
- A resume is generally written for career-specific objectives.
- In other words, it is written by professionals or fresh graduates who are looking for jobs in 3D artists jobs- be it 3D designing, 3D modeling, or animation.
- A 3D artist CV chronicles the details of your entire academic and professional career to date. There is no page limit on how your CV can be.
- It is generally used when you are applying for internships, grants, scholarships, research-based profiles, or academia in general.
Difference between a 3D artist resume and a junior 3d artist resume
Is there a difference between a 3D artist resume and a junior 3d artist resume?
Yes, there is.
We have covered it below:
- A 3D artist resume is written by 3D professionals who have previous experience in working as a professional 3D Designer or 3D Modeler.
- On the contrary, a 3D artist fresher resume is written by fresh design graduates who don't have any relevant professional experience.
- It is also written by those 3D artists who have done an internship in 3D designing or 3D modeling but have no official work experience. In other words, it is written by those 3D artists who have not worked in a professional office setup.
Use Sections to Organize Your 3D Artist Resume
Every well-written 3D designer resume is well-formatted and well presented. Using sections to organize the content of your 3D artist resume is a great way to achieve this.
Here is a list of the 7 must-have sections for your 3D designer resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
In addition to this, you can also include the following sections:
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
To learn more about them, read our Blog on resume sections.
For pre-arranged and perfectly positioned resume sections, use our in-built 3D artist resume template on our Online Resume Builder.
With our resume-building tool, you don't have to worry about what sections to add to the best 3d artist resume. You also don't have to worry about the positioning of different sections in your resume anymore.
Our in-built 3D artist resume template takes care of it for you.
Moreover, we also offer a one-click design change to help you choose the aesthetics you want to go with.
Use our resume tool now!
Perfect the Header, Personal Information, and Profile Title Sections
To make an impeccable 3D designer resume, you need to perfect each section of your resume. Let us first discuss the first three sections namely:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
3D Artist Resume: Header
The resume header is the first thing that goes on your 3D designer resume.
Here are a few tips that you should follow to correctly write your resume header:
- Do not label your resume with a generic 'CV' or 'Resume'. Why? Because it is implicit that you are writing a resume.
- Instead, write your real full name at the top-most part of your 3D designer resume.
- Write your name in the largest font size (16-20 points) so that the recruiter knows that the resume belongs to you in the first go.
- If you have a middle name, write your first name, followed by the first initial of your middle name in capital letters, followed by your last name. Example "Lara K. Melwin"
Here's a 3D artist resume sample showing the perfect header of your resume should look like in your perfect resume:
This is a snapshot of a 3D artist resume template that is in-built in our Online Resume Builder.
You can use this in-built resume template and modify it to suit your career trajectory and work timeline.
That said, read on to learn from our section-wise 3D artist resume examples to learn what each section of your resume should look like once it follows the rules of resume writing.
3D Artist Resume: Personal Information
The personal information section should be concise and informative. It should ideally consist of basic contact details such as:
- Updated mobile number
- Professional email ID
- Current location
In addition to this, you can also give a link to your LinkedIn profile + link(s) to your online portfolio on Kaggle, GitHub, or any professional website if you have any.
Read our resume contact information guide to get a better understanding of this section.
Here's a 3d artist resume sample showcasing a perfectly composed personal information section for your resume:
Does all this seem confusing?
Do you want to get a second opinion on your existing 3D designer resume?
If it's a yes, give our Resume Review Service a chance.
With over 3 years of experience in reviewing resumes for professionals all over the world, our resume strategists have perfected the art of giving valuable feedback.
Our clients have gotten shortlists from top companies like BCG, Goldman Sachs, and Facebook!
3D Artist Resume: Profile Title
The third section is the profile title.
This is where you communicate important career-specific information about you such as:
- Your current/most recent job title: Example: 3D Artist, 3D Gaming Artist, 3D Designer, etc.
- Your functional industry: In this case, you are in the design industry.
- Your seniority level: The profile title also showcases your career hierarchy and the level of seniority you have attained.
Understandably, your profile title is important.
We advise you to write it in the second largest text of 14-16 point sizes to ensure that recruiters notice it the first chance they get.
Hiration Pro Tip: Do not exaggerate your profile title. Doing this will lead to a loss of credibility.
Must this be of interest to you, we strongly advise you to go all out on our AI-powered Resume Review Service to get an in-depth and constructive analysis of your resume within minutes of uploading it on our tool!
Here's a 3D artist resume sample showing a correctly-composed profile title:
In the meanwhile, we advise you to use our Online Resume Builder.
You can download a 3D artist resume pdf.
PDF resumes do a brilliant job at retaining the structural integrity of your 3D designer resume. And with us, you can download multiple 3D artist resume pdf files!
Optimize Your 3D Artist Resume Professional Experience Section
The path to resume shortlists runs through the professional experience section.
Perfect this section, and you will have a shortlist to your name.
In today's world, writing an average 3D designer resume is not enough. Giving a bland account of your work responsibilities won't do much to get you shortlisted.
This is why you need to perfect this section at all costs.
Here are three ways to do it:
- Frame Points
- Use the STAR Format
- Use Grouping & Highlighting
To write a perfect resume, your resume should be palatable.
To make a palatable resume, it should be easy to read.
This is why we recommend using one-liner points to communicate the details of your work responsibilities.
Here are two 3D artist resume examples to demonstrate our point.
3D Artist Resume Example 1:
"As a 3D Animator at XYZ Animation Corp, I was responsible for collaborating with senior teams and UI designers to create both PC and mobile-based games. I fit into this equation by deploying software to build 3D models, create visual effects, and develop storyboards for upcoming games. I was also responsible for researching the marketing and evaluating competition to brainstorm & execute strategies to improve pre-existing games. I have also generated 3 models by using real-world objects as reference examples to create realistic visual effects for PC games".
3D Artist Resume Example 2:
- Conducted market research and studied 3D arts to improve existing games
- Designed 3D visual effects for animation movies for top 5 premium clients
- Generated 3D models from real-world objects to create realistic effects for 10+ PC games
Framing Points: Analysis
Here are the key takeaways of both 3D artist resume examples:
|Unnecessary points are included||Clear cut points and easy to read|
|Recruiters may not read through||Will intrigue the recruiters|
So to make the best 3d artist resume that gets evaluated, we advise you to use the point-based approach to writing your resume.
Good readability simply encourages the recruiter to evaluate your resume. It does nothing to impact the recruiter into hiring you.
So in addition to good readability, you need to engineer shortlist-worthy content.
This means that all your points should be optimized for impact-making.
You can achieve this by drawing a relation between your work and the value you brought to your organization with your work.
A great way to do this is through the STAR format of structuring sentences. Here's what the STAR format stands for:
- Situation: The situation/backdrop/context of your contributions
- Task: The actual task that was assigned to you
- Action: The strategy you used to execute the assigned task
- Result: The result/outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure
That you can do 3D designing is expected. Recruiters don't want to know the skills you already have. On the contrary, they want to know what you can achieve using your skills. The results of your professional contributions are what matters.
Use the STAR format to optimize each one-liner point.
Doing this will help you showcase the value of your expertise.
GROUPING & HIGHLIGHTING
The next step to curating a shortlist-worthy resume is presentability.
Your work experience details should be palatable.
It should not be haphazardly presented.
While one-liner points are reader-friendly, stacking multiple one-liner points one after another makes it hard to absorb content.
Not every recruiter who evaluates your resume will take the pain to carefully evaluate each point.
So your job here is to draw the recruiter's attention to relevant words & career pressure points. Grouping & highlighting helps you achieve this.
Before we get into the nuances of what it is, let us look at the two 3D artist resume examples that we have presented below.
3D Artist Resume Example 1:
- Developed storyboards & researched in-trend designs to design 3D animation
- Deployed AutoCAD and Maya software to design 5+ graphics for social media posts
- Produced high-quality texture content and images to map 3D objects for PC games
- Generated modeling, texturing, animating, and lighting for 10+ mobile-based games
3D Artist Resume Example 2:
Social Media Graphics & Storyboard Design
- Developed storyboards & researched in-trend designs for 3D animation
- Deployed AutoCAD and Maya to** design 5+ graphics** for social media posts
3D Modeling & Animation
- Generated modeling, texturing, animating, and lighting for 10+ mobile-based games
- Produced high-quality texture content and images to map 3D objects for PC games
Grouping & Highlighting: Analysis
If the two 3D artist resume examples we have outlined above can teach us anything, it is this:
|ONE-LINERS||GROUPING & HIGHLIGHTING|
|Does not emphasize the main points||Highlight the main details|
|Is not organized||Similar points are in relevant groups|
3D Artist Resume Sample for Professional Experience
Read our Blog on the resume work experience section to get a better understanding of this section.
Read on to learn how to perfect other sections with our section-wise instructions + 3D artist resume examples.
Moving on, here's a 3d artist resume sample showcasing a perfectly optimized professional experience.
Present Your Education Details in Your 3D Artist Resume
The education section is a must-have section of any resume. You cannot skip it.
Graduating from a reputed design school and presenting it in your resume gives your job search a boost if you are kickstarting your career in 3D designing.
Here's a list of what to include in this section:
- Name of grad school
- Name of pursued course
- Location of grad school
- Enrollment & Graduation dates
Uncover education section-specific resume tips in our exclusive Guide to presenting education on resume.
Here's a 3D artist resume sample showcasing the ideal resume education section:
In the meanwhile, use our resume builder to get a 3d artist resume download in PDF format. PDF formats retain the design & content of your resume, making it easy for ATS software to read and parse your resume for 3D artist jobs.
Use a Distinct Section to Present Your 3D Artist Skills
What skills do 3D artists need?
As a 3D Artist, you might have a wide range of skills such as:
|KEY SKILLS||TECHNICAL SKILLS|
|3D Art Optimization||InDesign|
|Mapping & Texturing||ZBrush|
|Graphics Development||3D Slash|
|Storyboard Development||Studio Max|
Present your core 3D Artist skills under a distinct 'key skills' section. These are skills that are expected of every 3D Artist.
In addition to these skills, you should add your technical skills that represent your expertise in using software & online apps and tools to accomplish your core skills. This knowledge of tools is your technical skill.
Present them under a distinct 'technical sub-section' within the 'key skills' section to show your technical expertise & tool expertise.
For a better understanding of curating the right 3d artist resume skills section, read our Blog on what skills to put on a resume.
Here's a 3D artist resume sample showcasing the perfect 3d artist resume skills section:
Conclude Your Resume with a 3D Artist Resume Summary
The summary statement is the legs on which your resume stands.
As such, your 3D artist resume summary needs to be impactful, tasteful, effective, and impressive. Most importantly, it should act as a sales pitch.
The goal is to convert your target jobs.
Here are some resume tips you can apply to write a game-changing 3D artist resume summary:
- To avoid the trouble of repeatedly working on your summary statement, draft it at the end. This will save time and help you write an intuitive summary in one step.
- Composing your resume summary at the end also helps you pick the key highlights & career achievements from the professional experience section.
- This eliminates the chances of relying on your memory to summarize your most impressive work achievements & accomplishments.
- Keep your 3D artist resume summary short & crisp. A 3-5 line paragraph summary is ideal. Do not exceed the 5 line paragraph limit.
- Write a resume summary only if you have a minimum work experience of 3 years. If you don't, write a 3D artist resume objective instead.
- If you're writing a 3D artist resume objective, follow the same tips that we have outlined above for drafting a resume summary.
Learn the difference between a resume summary & resume objective, read the blogs we have mentioned below:
Attached below is a 3D designer resume sample showcasing the ideal resume summary for your resume.
To simplify the task of resume writing, use our Online Resume Builder.
Resume Review Service
Expert resume advice from our Resume Strategists has helped professionals land shortlists from top-tier companies like BCG, American Express, and Facebook.
We have helped professionals on a global scale. Every day, we are helping many more.
Here's what makes our review service truly special:
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- ATS Compliance
- Conversion Scope
- Global Compatibility
- Design Compatibility
- Resume Formatting
- Performance Assessment
- Compliance with industry norms
Join our global army of professionals with shortlist-worthy resumes with our Resume Review Service now!
Online Resume Builder for 3D Artist Resume
The difference between a shortlisted candidate and a candidate who does not get shortlisted is a resume. If your resume is optimized, you get shortlisted. If it isn't, you don't get shortlisted.
We have perfected our Online Resume Builder to curate shortlist=-worthy optimized resumes.
Don't believe us?
Here's a list of the perks you will enjoy with our intelligent resume building tool:
- Auto bold
- A sharable link
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 1-click design change
- Next text suggestion feature
- 100+ content templates
- Option to save unlimited resumes
Our resume builder facilitates a 3d artist resume download in a PDF format.
PDF format resumes preserving the structural integrity and design of your resume for 3D artist jobs.
With us, creating & downloading 3d artist resume pdf becomes a walk in the park.
Hiration Cover Letters & Other Services
Always add your 3d artist resume cover letter along with your resume as it gives you a higher chance of being shortlisted.
Hiration's Cover Letter Builder enhances your 3d artist resume cover letter with:
- 10+ ready to use templates
- 15+ designs
- Freedom to customize templates
- Create multiple cover letters
- Easy downloading
You can make use of the given features to polish your professional stand:
3D Artist Sample Resume
Here's the best 3D artist resume sample.
If you follow all the rules and tips of resume writing, your resume for 3D artist jobs will ideally look like this:
- Developed high quality and cutting edge 3D arts which include animated characters and objects for 35+ clients
- Created visual elements for ~10 weekly designs by deploying 3D modeling, mapping, texturing, lighting techniques, etc.
- Generated 3D models from photos & real-world objects and optimized 3D arts for creating a realistic environment
- Conducted market research and reviewed 3D arts to provide recommendations to management; led to 27% improvement
- Designed 5+ graphics or animations for social media posts (Twitter & Facebook) via software such as AutoCAD, Maya, etc.
- Edited animations or effects based on the client's comments or suggestions; improved customer ratings from 3 to 4.5
- Researched upcoming projects to find new ways to create designs/animation and developed storyboards
- Cooperated with clients to review projects, collaborating on design ideas and coming up with new suggestions for improving the projects
- Conceptualized, designed & implemented in-game visual effects such as modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, etc.
- Produced high-quality texture content and other related maps/images for mapping on 3D objects for the game world
- Created character concepts, environments & backgrounds and designed the interface for 5+ games
- Played a key role in creating the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints
- Interacted with the clients (10+) and created textures, illustrations, and concepts based on their project needs
- Coordinated with the managers to ensure that the quality meets the client's expectations; achieved 100% client satisfaction
- Coordinated with the seniors & content team to develop graphic designs & illustrations for 5 clients
- Developed graphic designs (5+ in a day) for the company's social media platforms; increased user engageability by 20%
- Created logos for 150+ products and designed high-quality images, videos, infographics, etc. for the company's website
- Created marketing collaterals such as posters, flyers, calendars, and visiting cards via Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Designed catalog, pamphlets, posters, banners and templates for 15+ clients; achieved 4/5 client rating
Here are the key takeaways of this blog:
- If you have uninterrupted work experience with no career gaps, use the reverse-chronological resume format to structure your 3D designer resume.
- A 3d artist resume is written by experienced 3D Designers and 3D Modelers who have experience in working as a full-time employee with any company.
- A 3d artist fresher resume is written by design graduates who want to kickstart their career in 3D design and modeling. They are generally those professionals who don't have zero to minimal professional experience.
- To write an impeccable 3D designer resume, you need to perfect each section.
- To perfect the professional experience section, present information using one-liner points. This enhances the readability of your resume.
- Why it matters: reader-friendly resumes are ATS-compliant. This means that your resume will be easily parsed by ATS software.
- Optimize each point by adding numbers or achievement figures to showcase your accomplishments. Divert the recruiter's attention to important career highlights by marking them in bold.
- Provide the details of your educational background in your 3D designer resume.
- Conclude your resume with a summary. Use it as a sales pitch. Outline your key achievements to highlight the value you have brought to your current organization.
With this, you have reached the end of this blog.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.
Let us know what more we can cover to help you perfect your resume and make your career transition a fruitful one.
Happy resume writing!