Click here to directly go to the complete QA analyst sample resume
Do you want your QA analyst resume to get shortlisted by recruiters?
If the answer is 'yes', this blog is a goldmine for you as it has all the insights along with a complete ready made qa analyst sample resume.
If you go deep into the blog, you will also find a sample senior QA analyst job description. and a comprehensive resource of QA analyst Resume bullet points which will help you create a stellar resume for yourself.
In this blog, we will show you how to create a good QA Analyst resume. But before we begin, here is a quick summary of our QA Analyst Resume Blog:
- Always write your own name as the resume header.
- Create separate sections for key skills and technical skills sections
- Strengthen your impact by adding certification in the QA analyst resume
- Use one-liner bullet points to present your skills and achievement in the resume
- Read the job description and include relevant keywords in the resume to make it ATS friendly.
That's not all.
We have provided quality assurance resume examples to help you get a better understanding of every segment in a resume.
Here are some of the top resume tips that can help you create an impeccable QA Analyst resume:
- Howo to select the most suitable resume format for QA Analyst resume?
- How to include distinct sections to organize your QA Analyst Resume?
- How to optimize the header section for your QA Analyst Resume?
- How to perfect the Professional Experience Section of your QA Analyst Resume?
- How to give the educational background details in your QA Analyst Resume?
- How to present your QA Analyst Resume skills using a distinct key skills section?
- How to curate an impeccable QA Analyst Resume Summary for your resume?
Apart from that, if you are looking for applying for some other related profiles, here are some of the resources for you:
Senior QA Analyst Job Description
Quality Assurance analysts are responsible for last-minute testing and debugging any software, product, or game development process.
The typical roles and responsiinlities of a QA Analyst are:
- Create test plans for each product to ensure each testing milestone are met
- Monitor test scripts and access the performance and quality of the products
- Identify bugs and resolve those bugs for delivering a high-performance products to the clients
- Implement preventive action plan for ensuring maximum quality of product
- Analyzed user data to ensure user expectations are met
- Create quality assurance policies for the products
- Collect customer feedback and investigate complaints about improving product
QA analyst requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Experienced in programming, software testing, and product development life-cycle
- Team Management and communication skills
- Knowledge in QA database and applications
QA Analyst Salary
(Source: Zip Recruiter)
According to indeed.com, the average salary of a Quality analyst is $54,580 in the USA
Payscale.com says the maiden salary of a QA analyst in the USA is around $55,901/year
According to salary.com, the average salary of the QA Analyst in the USA is $61,340/ year
QA Analyst Interview Questions
1. What is the difference between software testing and QA analysis?
Quality analysts are responsible for analyzing and improving the process used in the product. Wherein the software tester is only concerned about the bugs in the software and improving the software.
2. What is testware?
Testwares are test cases and test data that are required to design and perform a test.
3. What are the challenges of Software Quality Assurance testing?
Here are some of the challenges of software quality assurance testing:
- Mastering the automation tool is difficult
- The automation scripts are not reusable for every product
- It is difficult to automate complex test operations
QA Analyst Resume Points
Creating resume bullet points that have an is ,impact on the recruiters can be an excruciating task. You need to keep the following tips in mind to make these:
- You need to have a cause-effect relationship in your bullet points
- All the bullets should start with a power verb
- You need to back up your statement with numbers wherever possible
- You need to bold essential words and key metrics in the
- Bold, relevant keywords or metrics in the bullet points to highlight those
Hiration has readymade resume bullet points for 250+ profiles, which you can directly copy-paste and use. Here are some profiles for resume bullet points:
- Software Testing Resume points
- Full Stack Developer Resume Points
- Front End Developer Resume Points
- Java Developer Resume Points
- Web Developer Resume Points
Example of resume bullet points:
QA Analyst Resume Format
You need to make sure that your QA analyst resume manual testing gets past the Applicant Tracking System to get on the radar of the recruiters who can raise your chances of being shortlisted for a job.
And to achieve that, choose the most suitable resume format to document your achievements and work history.
The three resume formats that you can choose from are described below:
Reverse-Chronological Resume Format:
If you have a smooth sailing career graph without any gaps, this resume format can work well for you. This format is widely used by professionals and preferred by the recruiters as well. It shows your latest or relevant work profile upfront and highlights your previous work history in the reverse chronology.
This format is best avoided unless you are someone who tends to change jobs frequently, has a career gasp to cover, or in need of career change. It has its benefits but it is not ATS-compliant and may fail to highlight your work record and particulars effectively.
This format is suitable for those professionals with more than ten years of work experience. It highlights both your functional and technical skills while highlighting your career trajectory to the recruiters.
Every feature that is made available on our Online Resume Builder can help you create a resume that is both ATS-compliant and Recruiters-friendly.
QA Analyst Resume: Sections
Every section you include in a resume has a distinct purpose to serve that can enhance your QA analyst resume format.
Include the listed sections at all times as they are the standard sections that can effectively exhibit your professional details:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
Now, these sections are the optional ones that can be and should be included whenever deemed necessary to enhance your standard sections:
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
Every distinct section in a resume can help you display your details for the recruiters to recognize you as a suitable applicant.
QA Analyst Resume Header
You need to make sure that the recruiters can easily track your resume at least it gets lost or misplaced in a sea of Salesforce QA analyst resumes during the hiring process.
Here are some tips to write the QA Analyst Resume header:
- Write your name in the resume header instead of "CV" or "Resume".
- To make the resume header stand out by using the font size from 16-20 points
Doing so will help the recruiters to monitor your QA analyst resume doc during the entire hiring process.
Read more about The Perfect Resume Header to create the perfect header for your agile QA analyst resume.
Take a look at the QA analyst resume sample showcasing the resume header:
QA Analyst Resume: Personal Information
Your personal details can make the recruiters reach out to you for any updates regarding your job application.
Give out the details of the following in your senior Quality Assurance analyst resume:
- Updated Contact Number
- Professional Email Address
- Current Location
- LinkedIn ID
- GitHub ID
Apart from the above, you can also provide the details of your Linkedin profile or any other well-maintained online profile.
Updated Contact Number: Always provide your active contact number and make sure that every digit is correct before you send out your resume. It is a convenient means of communication and you cannot afford to mess up this one because you need the recruiters to get a step closer to your dream job.
Professional Email Address: Another important means of communication is email. It is fast, convenient, and is used by almost everyone in the present world. Provide only your official email address to maintain the professional approach that you are expected to keep at all times in your resume.
Current Location: Your current location should be provided in the city/state format. If you are looking for a job outside the country you can write your state and country else simply mention your city and state. Do not give out your residence address, the street you live in, the name of your locality, etc.
Linkedin/GitHub ID: Most recruiters nowadays screens candidates based on their Linkedin profile. So you need to optimize your LinkedIn profile and add it in the resume. Similarly, Recruiters wants to look at your works first hand. So, its better if you add your live projects Github link in the resume.
Look at the QA analyst resume sample to get a clear picture of what a personal information section should ideally look like:
You can read Hiration's Guide to frame your contact information in your resume.
Our Online Resume Builder is here to assist you in putting together a perfect resume.
QA Analyst Resume: Profile Title
Profile titles are a representation of the professional identity that characterize you in your agile QA analyst resume.
It allows the recruiters to recognize your current designation, functional industry, and your professional seniority level.
To exaggerate or overstate a profile title can have a bad impression on your job-application so you need to frame it accurately at all times.
The profile title needs to be provided on a resume to let the recruiters acknowledge your professional status and make them accept you as a suitable applicant.It ought to be framed in the ideal font range of 14-16 points.
Here is an example of our QA Analyst resume sample illustrating an ideal profile title on a QA analyst resume:
QA Analyst Resume:Professional Experience
Your work history can escalate your job application effectively if it is described properly.
As the heart of your resume, the professional experience section can help you communicate your potential and caliber to the recruiters.
But unless you put some effort into it, your chances of getting shortlisted are low.
The following features can enrich the effectiveness of your professional experience section in a resume:
- Frame points
- STAR format
- Grouping & Highlighting
Framing points can enhance your professional experience narratives in a clear manner.
It can make your points seem easy for the recruiters to read and help them be aware of what you have accomplished from your past work history.
Use bullet points and frame one-liners to describe your roles and responsibilities assigned to you in an organization.
The goal here is to write clear points that are not only easy to read but easy to understand to build up the connection between you and the recruiters.
Also, keep in mind that writing paragraphs to describe your work experience should be avoided as it minimizes the effectiveness of your professional history. It is not as effective as framed points because it lacks clarity.
By any means, frame one-liner points to exhibit your work record and make the recruiters applaud you as the perfect candidate for the targeted role.
Your framed points need to be action-oriented and for which you have to implement the STAR format.
STAR stands for:
- The Situation of your contributions
- The Task assigned to you
- The Action used by you to execute an assigned task
- The Result of your action.
Make sure to provide achievement figures to specify the value of your contribution to an organization.
Grouping & Highlighting
Grouping & Highlighting can help you organize your one-liner points effectively.
It can bring out the best quality that you possess as a professional and make it easier for the recruiters to read and comprehend your framed points.
Simply create different buckets with unique headings and then list all the relevant points under suitable buckets.
Once it is done you can bold the most important point in your one-liner so that the recruiters can easily catch them with their eyes.
QA Analyst Resume Sample for Professional Experience
The QA analyst resume sample is attached to help you get a visual understanding of this section:
Hiration is here to help you get your existing resume reviewed for free. So make sure that you avail our Free Resume Review Service.
QA Analyst Resume Educational Experience
Another important segment in a resume is the education section and it can provide you with an advantage to be recognized as a well-qualified applicant.
You may at times lack the required years of work experience but the academic credits you have can make it up in defining you as a qualified candidate for the targeted job profile.
Always make sure that you provide the details of your educational qualification in your resume to project yourself as a learned professional.
The following details of your academic background should be provided in your resume:
- School or university name.
- The course(s) you have pursued.
- School or university location.
- Dates of your enlistment and graduation the month & year format.
Refer to Hiration's Guide on how to list education on your resume to know more this important section.
Here is a QA analyst resume sample education section for your reference:
QA Analyst Resume: Certifications
If you are certified to practice your work or possess any relevant certification make sure to mention them in your resume as it can help in validating you as a capable applicant.
The recruiters will be able to recognize you as a dedicated professional who went ahead and got certified to exercise one's caliber in the professional field.
Provide the following details in your resume in the certification(s) section of your QA testing resume:
- Name of the certification(s).
- Name of the institute of affiliation.
- Location of the institute of affiliation.
- Enrollment and completion date.
Always remember that there are many other qualified and capable professionals with whom you will be competing for the targeted job profile and you need to project the best version of yourself to the recruiters.
Certifications for QA Analyst:
Here are some of the well-recognized certifications for QA Analyst:
- Certified Test Engineer (CSTE)
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
- CMSQ (Certified Manager of Software Quality)
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board)
Get more information on certifications on a resume to learn how to perfectly frame this section.
Look at the given QA analyst resume sample demonstrating the ideal certifications section on a resume:
Our Online Resume Builder has all the unique features that can help you curate a flawless resume.
QA Analyst resume key skills section
Your QA testing resume technical skills can help your job application in so many effective ways.
By framing the perfect QA testing resume technical skills section can both get past the ATS as well as be acknowledged by the recruiters as a suitable QA Analyst professional.
Keep your priorities on the main keywords that describe the job profile you are applying for and mention only the relevant skills that can help you be considered as the right candidate for the job.
Avoid the usage of phrases as it is not ATS friendly instead frame specific skills that can make you stand out as a suitable applicant.
Quality Assurance Technical Skills for Resume
|Micro Focus LoadRunner||YourKit Java Profiler|
|Soap UI Pro||Ready API|
|Cucumber Pro||XSD/JSON Schema validation|
|Software Testing||Attention to Details|
|Project Management||Team Collaboration|
Read our guide to understand how to put skills on a resume and efficiently curating this section.
Refer to the given QA analyst resume sample showcasing the perfect QA testing resume technical skills section:
QA Analyst Resume Summary
A QA analyst resume summary can help you project yourself as the perfect applicant for the targeted job profile effectively.
But to include a QA analyst resume summary you need to be an experienced professional with more than 3 years of work experience.
Maintain your resume summary in 3-4 lines so that it is brief and precise. Also, work on this segment in the end because you will need to pick the main points from the professional experience section and key skills section.
Emphasize on your professional achievements and relevant skills to let the recruiters acknowledge you as the perfect candidate.
The resume summary can make the highlights of your career stand out which can make the recruiters easily recognize your potential.
Attached below is our QA tester resume sample illustrating the ideal senior QA analyst resume summary:
QA Analyst Resume Objective
An entry level QA analyst resume objective should be included if you have no work experience or your work experience is fewer than 3 years. You should also include a resume objective if you are a fresher writing an entry-level resume.
Convince the recruiters that you are willing to learn and execute the best values you have to the next organization.
The resume objective can help you sell your skills as a professional applicant.
Frame resume objectives in your resume to make the recruiters accept you as a suitable applicant for the entry-level job profile that you are targeting.
Go to our Online Resume Builder and get professional assistance to create the perfect ATS-compliant QA testing resume manual testing.
Online Resume Builder
The following resources will come with Hiration's Online Resume Builder:
- Save multiple resumes
- Auto Suggestion
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
QA resume samples
The attached Quality Analyst analyst resume template is provided to help you see the result of an ideal resume created on Hiration's Online Resume Builder:
- Software: Jira, API, Confluence, MySQL, jQuery, jQuery UI, Selenium, .NET,
- Web Technologies: HTML5, CSS3
- Front-end & Web Framework: Bootstrap, React
- Tracking and analyzing bugs found during testing, documenting the same and presenting it to the senior management
- Debugging old bugs while rerunning the test to find new bugs and ensuring successful patching of defects found
- Liaising with senior management of 6 to develop database strategies to support organizational goals
- Analyzing requirements to develop test plans, strategies, cases, and scripts including traceability matrix
- Assisting 60 clients in solving complex business, technology, and operational challenges by providing consultation
- Creating tests to identify problems with software before the product launch; identified 15+ major flaws & fixed them
- Developing and implementing new tests while documenting the results and creating QA test procedures
- Identifying opportunities for effectively fulfilling corporate information requirements via automation
- Designing, developing and executing automation scripts by deploying open-source tools
- Certified Mobile Testing Professional | ASTQB | Jan '20
- Certified Agile Testing Professional | ASTQB | Jul '18
- Languages: English (Native), Spanish (Interactive) and Catalan (Fluent)
- Always label your resume with your name as the resume header.
- Provide only the required personal information in your QA analyst resume doc.
- Frame only the accurate profile title that defines you as a professional in a QA analyst job description for resume.
- Curate your resume on a suitable QA analyst resume format.
- Exhibit your professional experience section effectively by framing action-oriented sentences.
- Do not forget to give an overview of your resume through a suitable resume summary.
Now that we have reached the end of this blog, make use of all the quality assurance resume examples and quality assurance analyst resume samples that have been attached in this blog while writing your resume.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.