How can I use MS Office certification in 2021?
Numerous people are hustling with such questions in 2021. An office administrator job is one of the most basic yet available jobs for a Microsoft Office-certified individual.
MS office is the key element that can help you in attaining an office admin job in 2021. After getting skilled with MS Office elements, you need a Microsoft word resume template to build a spectacular resume and get your desired opportunity.
We are here to help you out with job-oriented office 365 resume template along with an excel specialist resume template and an office clerk resume template to understand the resume building hierarchy.
Here are some summary points of this blog to give you a brief of resume making guidelines:
- Use one liner bullet points and avoid lengthy paragraphs to make your resume attractive
- Use reverse chronological format to build your Microsoft resume professionally
- Highlight and group your work experience properly to get the undistracted attention of your recruiter
- Make your summary business effective, highlighting your skills, experience, and knowledge
- Use separate sections for key skills and technical skills to represent yourself as an all-rounder
Hiration aims to push you towards your target job profile with our Online Resume Builder tool and the team of industry experts that can assist you in your job hunting period. Let us see what we majorly have in this blog for an MS office skilled individual:
- What is the role of an office administrator?
- How should you write an office admin resume?
- What are the skills of an office administrator?
- How should you make an office administrator cover letter?
- What are the important interview questions for an office administrator?
Check out some resume picks from the industry as per your interest:
- SQL resume
- SQL Developer resume
- Database Developer resume
- Data Scientist resume
- Data Engineer resume
Microsoft Office is undoubtedly a great tool that is essential for almost every profile in the current technical ecosystem. However, an Office Administrator is the only profile that you can get if you are skilled and have just a certification of MS Office.
Microsoft Office Administrator Job Description
To apply for any profile, everyone checks out the job description first. The same goes with this profile too. MS Office Administrator Job Description will have all the requirements and responsibilities associated with the offered role.
Check out some roles and responsibilities of an office administrator in 2021:
- Manages company operations via supervising staff and maintaining office systems
- Organize office procedures and operations, control correspondence, prepare payroll, review and grant supply requisitions, design filing systems, and assign as well as monitor clerical functions.
- Design and implement office policies
- Maintain and organize office staff by electing, recruiting, and training employees
These are some office administrator duties, for which, MS Office is the most essential skill for this profile. Hence, you must prepare a resume based on many Microsoft resume templates available at Hiration.
Office 360 Resume Bullet Points
We have 250+ ready-to-use power bullets for different profiles. You can use these power bullets to make your resume technically strong and attractive as compared to your competitors. Here are ready-to-use bullet points that can be used to make your resume:
Get resume templates Microsoft word via Hiration, an organization that works to help you in getting your desired job.
Excel Specialist Resume Sample
Take a look at our impeccable excel specialist resume that can help you in undertanding the importance of every section in your resume.
What Roles Can You Acquire After MS Office Certification 2021
Microsoft Office plays a vital role in managing and organizing company ecosystems for SMEs. Here are some profiles for which you can apply if you have proficiency over all the elements of MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, etc:
- Office Administrator
- Office Operation Executive
- Front Office Executive
- Office Assistant
- Computer Operator
Apart from these profiles, MS Word is essential for almost every profile in this technical era. Moreover, if you are an expert in MS Excel, you will get numerous opportunities across the entire globe.
All you need is a Microsoft word resume template to build your resume without any hurdle. However, you can also use Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to make your resume with the assistance of industry experts. You can also get your desired resume template download via Hiration to build a marvelous resume.
How Can You Make an MS Office Administrator Resume?
To get an office administrator job or any other opportunity based on MS Office, you will need to create an MS office resume that showcases your expertise and worth for the company. You can refer to many word resume templates available at Hiration.
However, we are also showcasing three basic yet useful steps to create an eye-catchy MS office Administrator Resume:
- Prepare Master Folder
Create a folder consisting of all the important information, documents, and certifications related to your target profile.
- Create the First Draft
Build the first draft of your MS Office Administrator Resume showcasing your skills, achievements, education, and work history.
- Develop Final Copy
After a quality check, add the summary of your resume with as many industry-specific keywords as you can to make it convincing enough.
You can check out a detailed theory on making an impactful resume at our official website. Apart from this, you can also check out Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to make downloadable resume templates for your target job profile.
MS Office Administrator Resume Sections
Making an attractive resume template word is certainly not a piece of cake. You need to pay keen attention to every part of it to showcase your worth properly in front of the recruiter.
Check out the following resume sections that you can add to grab the attention of your recruiter.
As its name suggests, it is placed at the top of every resume. Check out the guidelines to make an impactful Header for your resume.
- Write your name as the Resume Header
- Use font size 16-20
Here is an example of what a perfect resume header look like:
You can follow these below-given points to design the Personal Information section in your resume:
- Use a plus sign before ISD numbers
- Enter your genuine email address
- Mention your location in city/state code format
- Enter the relevant social profile and ensure its professional appearance
Take a look at the below given example of precisely crafted personal information section:
It is the position for which you are applying. Here are the guidelines to make your Profile Title perfect for your target opportunity.
- Showcase your applied profile in the second-largest text here (i.e. 14-16)
You can consider the below given example of Profile title section while making your resume:
It is one of the most important parts of your Microsoft office resume, as it sums up the entire resume. Here are the guidelines to make it perfect to get your desired job:
- Make this section after summing up your entire resume
- Use Summary if you have 3+ years of experience
- Use Objective if you are a fresher
Take a look at this below given example showcasing a perfect resume summary section:
Check out the guidelines to show the Key Skills section in your office resume template:
- Make this section just before you make the summary or objective part
- Highlight your technical and soft skills in his section
You can understand it better by the below given example of key skills resume section:
You need to pay keen attention while designing this section. Professional Experience showcases all the tasks, situations, Actions, and results in your professional journey. Here is how you can make it perfect:
- Use bulleted one-liners starting with a power verb
- Showcase the Situation, Task, Action, And Result in each point
- Quantify your statements as much as possible
Take a glance the the following example image of a finely crafted professional experience section:
Showcase your education clearly and impressively to grab the eyes of your recruiter. You can follow these instructions to make your Education section appropriate as per the current standards.
- Mention the name of your School/university attended
- Mention the location of that education entity
- Use month & year format to showcase enrollment and graduation dates
You can refer the below given image while making the education section of your resume:
Apart from this, here are some sections that can also add value to your resume:
- Project (s)
- Certifications (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
Still, if you are having any trouble, you can visit Hiration to get free resume templates for word and other essential elements of MS Office.
MS Office Administrator Resume Skills Section
This is one of the most important sections in your Microsoft resume template. It includes all of your skills and industry-specific knowledge required for your applied role. You should enter all the important keywords in this section to steal the limelight.
You must always keep in mind that the technical skills you mention will attract the major attention of your recruiter. However, we recommend you showcase both technical as well as soft skills for a better impression.
|Technical Skills||Soft Skills|
|Microsoft Excel||Managing Skills|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||Developing Standards|
|Microsoft Outlook||Supply Management|
|Microsoft Access||Reporting Skills|
|Microsoft Publisher||Inventory Control|
Office Clerk Resume Sample
Here is an example of a highly effective office clerk resume with all the essential resume sections
MS Office Administrator Resume Professional Experience
It is one of the most important sections in your Microsoft resume templates. In this section, you need to showcase all of your previous work experience. You can elaborate on every corner of your service.
You must highlight all of your tasks, results, and achievements to represent yourself as the perfect fit for that company. Here are some points that must be kept in mind while making this section.
- Use bullet points instead of long paragraphs
- List achievements instead of responsibilities
- Group similar operations performed by you in the company
- Quantify (use numbers) your achievements wherever possible
- Use action words like, organized, arranged, distributed, or trained to showcase your strength
- Use STAR (S- Situation, T- Task, A- Action, R- Result) format to elaborate on your work experience
Office 365 Certification
Microsoft office is a skill, hence you will get benefits by additional certifications more than your traditional education degrees. Adding such certifications will undeniably increase your chances of getting shortlisted.
You must mention the following details of your certification while making this section to get attention:
- Certification name
- Name of institute
- Location of institute
- Date of enrollment and completion in month & year format
You can mention all the certifications you attained relevant to the job opportunity. Here are some certifications that you can pursue to get an office 365 job.
- Ultimate Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
- MS Office 2013
- The Ultimate Microsoft Office 2016 Training Bundle
- Microsoft Office Specialist Program
These are some certification examples for your office 365 certification. Microsoft offers different certifications for different level aspirants.
Hence, you must be clear whether you want to pursue beginner, intermediate, or expert-level certification. At Hiration, you can get all the word resume templates free.
Microsoft Office Administrator Summary/Objective
The summary plays a vital role in getting your resume shortlisted. As its name suggests, a summary is concise information of your entire resume. However, you must keep in mind that if you are an entry-level job seeker, you will have to write an ‘Objective’ in your Microsoft resume template.
Apart from this, you can write a ‘Summary’ in your free word resume templates only if you have 3+ years of work experience. Check out these below-given points to get precise results while making this section.
- Write a ‘Summary’ only if you have 3+ years of experience, if not, you must write an ‘Objective’
- The content in your summary/objective must be crisp, easy, and filled up with industry-specific keywords to get the undistracted attention of your recruiter
So, what is the basic definition of a correct summary? or how can you make it? Well, here we are showcasing the example of a correct and an incorrect summary for better understanding.
Office Administrator with 4 years of experience in handling management and administrative operations in the company. Experience in handling tasks in Microsoft Office for better execution of company operations. Effective in managing staff and company assets to get the most profit out of them.
Skilled office administrator having 4+ years of experience in offering management and administrative skills in the company. Proficient in every element of Microsoft Office at an intermediate level. Experience in managing staff and other company assets in the most profitable way to save both time as well as money.
Hiration gives you the opportunity to download resume templates in numerous out-of-the-box designs.
Cover Letter for Office 365 Resume
Getting a job in this technical era is not a piece of cake. You need to have something extra to steal the limelight even when you are skilled and experienced. Hence, it is obvious that your Microsoft resume must also be professional and attractive enough to get you shortlisted.
For that, we recommend you add a cover letter along with your Microsoft resume template before sending your job application. A cover letter is the juice of your entire resume in a crispy and easy to read language.
Check out the points that can lead you towards a marvelous cover letter for your resume template Microsoft word.
- Use the 3 paragraph format to carve your Microsoft office cover letter
- Start with an interesting hook by telling about the highest achievement or best moment in your professional journey
- Then you can showcase your employer list to build trust and authenticity
- In the end, you can showcase the qualities that made you successful in your previous organizations
- Keep your word count between 300-350 words for a perfect impression
Office 365 Resume Sample
Office 365 Interview Questions
Being a job seeker, your process does not end on just preparing a resume & cover letter and applying for your desired opportunity. The main part comes while facing the interview process. Let us get some details and see some interview questions as per your selected niche:
- How do I insert or delete a page break?
You can easily add a page break in your word file via the Ctrl+Enter command. Apart from this, you can also follow these below-given steps to insert a page break:
- Select Break from the Insert menu
- Click on the Page Break button
To delete a page break, you can follow these below-given steps:
- Click on Normal in the View menu, you will switch to Normal view
- You will see page breaks as dotted lines in your document
- Click on the left edge of the document to select the page break and press the delete key or cut button
- You can also click below the page break and press backspace
Note: You can not edit or delete the system-generated page breaks as per your document.
- How can I insert a footnote or endnote?
You can insert a footnote in your document by following the below-given steps:
- Take the cursor at the place where you want your note reference mark then select Footnote via the Insert menu
- Click on the Footnote or Endnote button
- How can I add a horizontal line in a document that moves when any new text is entered?
Putting a border is one of the easiest ways to add your desired line. Here is how you can make it done:
- Take your cursor in the desired paragraph
- Select Borders and Sharing via Format menu
- Click on a line style in the Borders tab
- Select any button from the Preview area (i.e. left, right, top, or down borders)
Apart from this, you can also leverage the Line tool to create a graphic line for this operation:
- Select Toolbars via the View menu
- Click on Drawing to execute the Drawing toolbar
- Select the Line tool to initiate
- Click and drag the cursor in your document to create a line
- Can we compare two similar documents in Microsoft Word? If yes, how?
Yes, Microsoft Word gives you the facility to compare two documents and track changes. Here is how you can make it done:
- Save your current document
- Select Track Changes via the Tools menu
- Click on Compare Documents and select the document
- Word will compare the documents the combine them with differences highlighted
- Use Reject or Accept features to keep or discard changes
- How can I change the default folder for open and save files in Microsoft Word?
Take a look at the following steps to execute such an operation:
- Select Options via Tools menu
- Select File Locations button
- Select Documents via File Types
- Select Modify button
- Go through to Look in list to select your desired folder to save your files
- Select the folder that you want to choose
- Click on OK
Role of Hiration in Making Office 365 Resume
Hiration offers you numerous free resume templates word for your target profile. Our downloadable resume templates can make your resume building easy and effective without any hustle.
Still, in case of any trouble, you can always check out Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to make an impactful resume for your desired opportunity. We have a team of industry experts that analyze every resume based on the following parameters:
- Design Compatibility
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Conversion Scope
- ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) Compliance
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
After analysis, our experts build a marvelous resume for you keeping every detail on the table by which you can easily get your desired job. You can get all the free resume templates 2021 via Hiration in some easy steps.
Hiration Online Resume Builder
Hiration is offering its marvelous Online Resume Building Tool to help you out in making a highly impactful resume. Here are the major highlights of our offerings:
- Save unlimited resumes
- A shareable link
- 25+ resume designs
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold
- LIVE resume score
- Full rich-text editor
- JD-resume matcher
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 1-click design change facility
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- Live resume editor
Keeping your convenience in mind, here we are showcasing the highlighting points of this blog:
- Gather all your information in one place and start making your resume with an appropriate word resume template
- Follow the basic format and use bullet points with crisp and easy to understand language
- Group similar tasks, achievements, and results for better understanding
- Fill up your entire resume with industry-specific keywords to steal the limelight
- Showcase as many technical skills as you can in your resume
- Attach a cover letter with your resume to grab attention
You can follow all the above-given guidelines to make a highly effective Microsoft word resume template. In case you come across any hurdle, feel free to connect with our experts at email@example.com for personalized assistance.