How to write a ios developer resume?
Almost everyone you know wants to work at Apple. And almost every Developer you know wants to become an iOS Developer.
In other words, the competition is brutal and only the best Developer will get in. The question is, are you prepared to beat your competition? Are you prepared to do what it takes to get shortlisted for that coveted developer job?
If the answer is yes, we are here to make it happen. Your only job here is to follow this guide religiously, and voila, you'll have done enough to get an interview call in the company of your dreams!
Before we begin, here's a summary of our iOS Developer Resume 2020 Blog:
- Say no to a generic resume. Avoid it at all costs. Doing so simply kills your chances of standing out . . . and trust us, you don't want that!
- Don't be shy to talk about your achievements in gory details. Getting shortlisted is directly related to how well you're able to charm a recruiter. Outlining your achievements helps you achieve that.
- Double-check your basic contact details before shooting an email to your potential employer. Make sure that your email ID and mobile number is accurately spelled in your ios developer resume.
- Readability matters! Make sure that your resume ranks high on the readability index before you put it up in job portals or email it to the hiring organization!
Now that we have covered the basics of what it will take to help you make an outstanding resume and get it shortlisted, let's deep dive into the specifics.
Here's our curated list of the top 10 actionable resume tips that you should implement in your ios developer resume to perfect it:
- How to customize your iOS developer resume to suit your target job?
- How to organize information using relevant resume sections?
- How to perfect the header of your ios resume?
- How to include your contact details in the personal information section?
- How to write your profile title correctly?
- How to present your career highlights in the professional experience section?
- How to make a distinct 'key skills' section to outline your app development skills?
- How to conclude your resume with an iOS developer profile summary or objective?
- How to give the details of you academic qualifications?
- How to use Hiration's Resume Services?
We will now explain these points in detail using section-wise resume examples.
In case you're looking for a quick fix to your resume woes, get your hands on our Online Resume Builder. It comes equipped with 150+ resume templates that you can use as a backbone to frame your perfect ios developer resume.
What's more? Our AI-powered Resume Builder supports an iOS developer resume download in both PDF and WORD versions.
So whether you want to do an iOS developer resume doc version download, or an iOS developer resume sample pdf version download - we've got you covered.
ios Developer Resume Sample
Have you ever wondered what a perfect iOS developer should look like?
If you have, here's an iOS developer resume sample to showcase resume perfection in all its glory:
Customize your iOS developer resume to suit your target job
A common resume blunder that most professionals including Developers are this:
They send the same generic resume to every potential employer without tweaking or modifying it. This is where they go wrong because their ios developer skills resume never makes it to the human recruiter in the first place!
If you're wondering what this means, here's a quick answer.
Most organizations have started using the Applicant Tracking System (or the ATS as it is commonly called) to screen resumes. When the ATS recruitment software parses your resume, it reaches the recruiter.
This software is designed to look for matching content between your ios developer resume and the job description. The more it matches the JD, the more are your chances of getting your resume parsed & reaching the human recruiter.
Once the human recruiter shortlists your resume, you get an interview call. In other words, you will not get shortlisted for the iOS developer job if your resume is not customized according to the JD of your target job.
Long story short, you need to customize your ios developer cv.
Organize information using relevant resume sections
Your ios developer resume won't be a resume if it is poorly organized.
So make sure that you include information in these top 7 must-have resume sections:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
Additionally, you can also include these add-on resume sections:
- Projects & Publications
- Volunteering Experience
To get a better and more detailed picture, read our Resume Sections Guide.
In the meanwhile, get your existing junior ios developer resume sample or senior ios developer resume sample reviewed by our resume strategists at Hiration.
Perfect the header of your ios resume
What is the header of your ios developer skills resume and what can you do to perfect it? Find out the answers to all your queries now!
Here's our curated list of the top 5 things that you can do to perfect the header of your iOS resume:
- A resume header is that thing that goes in the topmost part of your ios developer resume. In other words, it is to be written at the extreme top.
- Most professionals tend to make a big resume blunder by writing 'CV' or 'resume' right on top. Don't make this mistake.
- By default, your real full name is the defacto resume headline for ios developer resume. Writing your name on your resume tells a recruiter that the document belongs to you. Moreover, doing this also saves it from potentially getting misplaced.
- To ensure that your name is visible and unmissable, write your full real name in the largest font size of 16-20 points.
- If you have a middle name, write your first name, capitalize the first initial of your middle name, and then write your last name. Example: If your name is Beth Sarah Wilson, write it in this manner: "Beth S. Wilson"
To learn the art of curating the perfect resume header, know the do's and don'ts of this section, read our Guide To Writing The Perfect Resume Header.
Here's a senior ios developer resume sample illustrating the perfect resume header:
This is a snapshot of an ios developer resume template that we have made using our Online Resume Builder. To access the full template, sign up on our Online Resume Builder and look for 'ios developer resume' to edit & download it!
Include your contact details in the personal information section
Next comes the personal information section. We like to call it the contact information section because this is where your basic contact details such as your mobile number and email ID goes.
However, that's not all there is to it.
Additionally, you should also put the details of your current location.
To make it easier, here's what you should put in the personal information section of your ios developer skills resume:
- Updated mobile number (must-have)
- Professional email ID (must-have)
- Current Location (must-have)
- LinkedIn profile URL (optional)
- Link to online portfolio (optional)
Hiration Pro Tip: We advise you to strictly research the resume guidelines around the personal information section of your country of employment. Doing this will save you from including irrelevant details in this section.
Read our Resume Contact Information Guide to get a better sense of this section.
Here's an ios developer resume sample showcasing what an ideal personal information section of the best ios developer resume should ideally look like:
This is a snapshot of an ios developer resume template that we have curated using our Online Resume Builder. Use it to put together a perfectly fashioned senior ios developer resume.
Write your profile title correctly
Your profile title is important. After all, it communicates the following facts to the recruiter:
- Your current or last help job designation.
- Your functional industry & seniority in your line of work.
Given the importance of your profile title, make sure that you follow these tips to perfect it:
- Write your profile title accurately.
- Write it in the second-largest text size of 14-16 points.
In the meanwhile, here's an iOS developer resume sample showcasing the profile title:
Get your existing junior and senior ios developer resume reviewed by our Resume Strategists at Resume Review Service.
Present your career highlights in the professional experience section
When it comes to perfecting the professional experience section of your junior or senior ios developer resume, there's one thing that you should do at all costs:
Outline your career highlights and relevant work-specific achievements in this section. Doing this will help you stand out. It will also help you show that you're not 'all talks and no play'.
Before we explain this point in detail, here's a list of the top 3 things that you should incorporate in the professional experience section of your junior and senior ios developer resume to perfect it:
- Use one-liner points
- Quantify your achievements
- Use Bucketing & Bolding
Use one-liner points
Ask this to any resume tactician, they'll all give you the same response:
To perfect your resume, it needs to be readable.
Since the professional experience section takes up 60% of your resume space, it needs to be neatly compiled & well presented.
To do this, you should communicate the details of your roles & responsibilities using crisp one-liner points. Do not use bulky paragraphs to tell the tale of the job-specific functions that come with your job.
Quantify your achievements
We spoke about the importance of endorsing your career highlights and work-relevant career achievements in this section.
However, this isn't enough.
Just saying that you achieved 'x' without getting into the details can lead you to a dead end. So, here's an important resume tip regarding this section of your junior and senior ios developer resume:
Don't just highlight your career achievements. Quantify it too!
Use Bucketing & Bolding
Now that you know how to improve the readability of your ios developer cv, you've done enough right?
Good readability makes it easy for a recruiter to read your resume. It does not guarantee that they'll read it.
Recruiters and hiring managers are humans at the end of the day. A study by Ladders shows that recruiters spend an average of 6 seconds on a resume. This means that you have just 6 seconds to catch the recruiter's attention.
Bucketing & Bolding help you achieve this.
But what is it and how can it help you catch the recruiter's attention? Here's how:
Bucketing is the practice of grouping similar points together in a bucket under a unique heading. Having this header tells the recruiter what your core or main expertise area is.
Bolding is the practice of marking relevant words & phrases in bold. When you mark important texts such as your achievements, for example, you're ensuring that your achievements don't go unnoticed.
These simple tricks help you hack this section and perfect it.
iOS Developer Resume Sample for Professional Experience
Read our Resume Professional Experience Section to learn what it takes to perfect this section. In this guide, we have explained the A-Z of this section, its importance, and what you can do to improve it.
If you perfect this section, you'll come close to fashioning the best ios developer resume - so make sure that this section is done to perfection.
Here's an iOS developer resume sample showcasing a perfectly-composed professional experience section for your junior and senior ios developer resume:
You can do a free ios developer resume download in both PDF and WORD versions.
Whether you want to do an iOS developer resume doc version download, or an iOS developer resume sample pdf version download - we've got you covered.
Give the details of your academic qualifications
Your academic qualifications are important.
Even if you are in a very senior role and have decades of work experience to overshadow your educational background, it matters.
So make sure that you include an education section in your sample ios developer resume and fill it with the following details:
- Name of your University.
- Degree name (both graduation & post-graduation).
- University location in city & state code format.
- Enrolment and graduation dates.
Read our Resume Education Guide to get a better sense of this section. It goes into the depths of explaining the importance of your academic degree and how to present them in your sample ios developer resume.
If you're curious what this section looks like in all its glory, here's an ios developer resume example illustrating an impeccable education section:
In the meanwhile, get your hands on our Resume Review Service to get expert advice on your sample ios developer resume to perfect it!
Make a distinct 'key skills' section to outline your app development skills
Where should you present your iOS or other mobile app developing skills?
In the iOS developer resume skills section of course!
Make sure that you make a distinct key skills section to present your skills. Moreover, make a technical skills subsection for your technical skills.
Categorizing your skills into two and presenting them like this will ensure that your iOS developer resume skills do not go unnoticed. As you have outlined them separately, the recruiter will be able to quickly identify your functional skill sets & expertise and reach out to you accordingly!
Read our guide to skills on resume for a better understanding of efficiently curating this section.
Here's a resume sample showcasing the perfect key skills section. It illustrated what your resume skills should look like when composed in this section.
To get your existing sample ios developer resume reviewed by our Resume Experts and learn what you can do to perfect it, use our Resume Review Service.
Conclude your resume with an iOS developer profile summary or objective
Conclude your resume with a resume profile summary for ios developer jobs or a career objective for ios developer jobs.
Whether you should use an objective or a summary depends on the career stage you are in and the years of work experience you have to your name.
iOS Developer Resume Summary
What is an iOS Developer Profile Summary?
Simply put, it is a quick overview of your entire ios developer resume. Here’s a list of what you should do to perfect it:
- Restrict your iOS Developer Profile Summary to a 3-5 lines paragraph. This helps you strike the perfect balance between too short and too long.
- Keep it informative and achievement-based. The goal here is to articulate your iOS development skills & achievements in a clear, concise, and effective way.
- Write an iOS Developer Resume Summary only if you have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. If you don't, write a resume objective.
Read our Resume Summary Guide to get an in-depth understanding of the summary statement.
Attached below is an iOS developer resume sample to showcase the perfect ios developer profile summary:
In the meanwhile, use Hiration's Online Resume Builder to simplify the task of resume writing.
Use Hiration's Resume Services
You can make the best ios developer resume on your own. But if you want, Hiration's resume services are here to take care of you and your resume:
- Resume Review Service
- Online Resume Builder
Resume Review Service
In our expert hands, your sample ios developer resume will be reviewed in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Compliance with industry norms
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
In other words, with us, you will have the best ios developer resume in no time.
Online Resume Builder
Hiration's Online Resume Builder is an AI-powered platform that is designed to elevate your resume to the realms of resume perfection.
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF & Word DOC downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
For ios developer fresher resume download in both PDF & WORD DOC versions, you can always count on our Online Resume Builder.
Sign up on our platform now!
You have reached the end of our iOS Developer Resume 2020 Blog:
- Do not write a generic resume. Customize your existing ios developer cv or resume for all your target jobs.
- Use sections to organize information in your iOS Developer Resume.
- Your name is the resume headline for iOS developer jobs. In other words, it is your resume header. Write it at the top-most part of your resume.
- Present your contact details accurately. While you do this, make sure that this section is rid of typos.
- Write your profile title as it is. Do not exaggerate it. It won't do you any good.
- Write a 3-5 lines crisp summary statement to give an overview of your career trajectory. Make sure that you highlight your most relevant achievements.
- Write all the dates in the month & year format.
- Write all the locations in the city & state code format.
- Illustrate your iOS developer skills under a 'key skills' section. Separate your technical skills from your nontechnical skills by making a 'technical skills' subsection to dump your tech-based skillsets.
- Communicate the details of your work experience under a 'professional experience' section. Use one-liner points to communicate it.
- Highlight your achievements in this section. But most importantly, quantify them. Doing this will help you show the visible impact of your professional contributions.
- Make an education section to outline your academic details. In here, communicate your university name, its location, degree pursued, and enrolment & completion dates.
With this, you have reached the end of this blog.
Make use of all the examples and section-wise explanations & briefing we have done in this blog to curate the best ios developer resume.
You can also write to us at email@example.com to resolve any queries or questions.