Dealing with scattered data on your resume?
Job hunting can be a tedious process if you do not have your basics down as an applicant. So, you should have a polished data center technician resume to go at all times.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 11% growth for data center technician jobs by 2026. For such a rapid growth rate that is faster in comparison to other occupations, you need to perfect your data center technician resume to land an interview!
We will show you just how you can categorize your information based on current industry trends tailored to your occupation.
Here is a summary of the blog to give you a kickstart:
- The fields of technology, telecommunications, and finance host the highest paying data center technician jobs
- Split your work experience into resume points by trimming sentences into concise one-liners
- Choose the reverse-chronological resume format as it is ATS-compatible and recruiter-friendly
- Devote a section to your data center technician certifications as it will help you communicate your expertise
- Optimize your professional experience section by grouping similar points under relevant subheadings
- Ensure that your resume summary consists of important information from your career trajectory and follows a cause-effect relation
- Extract keywords from job descriptions provided by the company and weave them into your resume to enhance ATS-compatibility
Given below are some frequently asked questions about data center technician jobs, see if you can find yours!
- What does a data center technician do?
- How much do data center techs make?
- What should I look out for while drafting my work experience section?
- How should my data center technician resume skills section look like?
- What is required to be a data center technician?
- Should I take a data center technician course?
- How do I draft my data center technician resume summary?
- Is it mandatory to provide a cover letter with my data center technician resume?
You can also check out our existing guides for related profiles:
You can sign up for our Online Resume Builder and get yourself an excellent data center technician resume that will get you closer to the job interviews you need!
Data Center Technician Job Responsibilities
A hassle-free work environment is what they strive to achieve through network installations, configuration, and troubleshooting.
Simply put, they are responsible for keeping the most valuable information, that is data of an organization, safe and protected. Usually, they are the ones springing to help those facing issues with their system or network.
Here is a data center technician job description from WarnerMedia:
- On-site support performing tasks such as hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, installation, and configuration.
- Physically install and troubleshoot network equipment in network closets and data center network cabinets.
- Physically install and cable a wide variety of devices and equipment, much of which would not normally be found in a data center environment.
- Cable and connect devices and peripherals to power and network ports.
- Perform network closet clean-up, trouble response, and survey work as needed.
- Perform day-to-day installation, configuration, service, and maintenance of a variety of network and consumer devices such as network switches, PDUs, servers, media devices (streaming, game consoles, set-top boxes).
- Propose and implement hardware and software upgrades that will improve the performance and reliability of the data center environment.
Data Center Technician Resume Points
Instead of going into great detail about your work experience, you can give your resume a facelift by summarizing them into brief points.
You can achieve that by:
- Trimming your sentences to concise one-liners
- Maintaining a cause-effect relationship
- Starting your sentences with power verbs
Here are resume points of a few related profiles to help you get an idea on how to draft yours:
Data Center Technician Salary
Although contested, data center technician salary from the leading websites is as follows:
- Zippia argues that data center technicians earn an average salary of $45,265 per year
- On the other hand, PayScale says that a yearly average for data center technician salary is $57,972
- ZipRecruiter has concluded that data center technicians earn $50,979 annually
Data Center Technician Resume Format
You can categorize information on your data center technician resume depending on your intent.
While the reverse chronological resume format is the industry standard, you can use the functional format if you have long work gaps or choose the combination format to achieve any intermediate goals.
Perform a thorough evaluation of your needs to choose the appropriate resume format. To clear any further confusion, you can check our 2021 Guide to Resume Formats to get them cleared!
Categorize Your Data Center Technician Resume
To effectively check all the boxes, you can follow this guide to have a basic idea of what your hiring manager may be looking for:
However, to personalize it to your data center technician resume, you need to perform a thorough evaluation of your career trajectory and job descriptions provided by companies.
Include Introductory Details in Your Data Center Technician Resume
Instead of writing Resume, you need to start your resume with crucial information about yourself. The first part of your data center technician will include the following details:
Here is the introductory section of a data center technician resume:
If you are confused as to what information to add, you can sign up for our Online Resume Builder and get pre-filled templates that you can customize!
Organize Your Data Center Technician Work Experience
Here is a data center technician resume sample for a professional experience section:
Peruse our blog on perfecting your work experience section to delve deeper into this topic, or you can leave it to us at our Online Resume Builder.
Data Center Technician Skills
For example, if you have work experience in improving the efficiency of a workplace or boosting productivity, you can add the umbrella term Process Improvement as a skill.
Additionally, you can dedicate a portion or even an entire section for all the technical tools that you are well-versed with.
Along with that, you can also add:
- Network Maintenance
- Data Encryption
- Malware Resolution
- Technical Assistance
- Customer Servicing
Here is a sample data center technician resume for the key skills section:
Don’t know which skill to add? Check our comprehensive list for Resume Skills to have a deeper understanding.
If you are still clueless, you can try our Online Resume Builder and get personalized recommendations of what to add based on your industry.
Data Center Technician Qualifications
While listing your educational background, ensure that you include crucial information like:
- Degree name
- University name
If you are a fresher in your field, you might want to mention a few course modules from your syllabus.
Here is a data center technician resume sample for an Education Section:
To get designated sections to enter your information, choose from our repository of resume templates from our Online Resume Builder.
Data Center Technician Course
However, there are plenty of certifications from recognizable institutions like Cisco and VMWare to widen your expertise.
Make a bulleted list and add your data center technician course in this format:
Certifications | Certifying Authority | Time
Given below is a sample data center technician resume for a certifications section:
For any doubts, you can go on over to our blog on perfecting your Certifications Section to get it cleared!
Data Center Technician Resume Summary
Before drafting your resume summary, keep these in mind:
- Start your sentences with action words
- Maintain a cause-effect methodology
- Keep it within five lines
For an entry-level resume, you can choose to write a data center technician resume objective. It will be more about meeting company goals and your soft skills more than your work experience or expertise.
Here is a data center technician resume sample for a resume summary:
Add Extra Sections to Your Data Center Technician Resume
If your career trajectory demands that you add a few more sections, you would have to comply, but by following the industry standard.
As a fresher, you might want to add sections like Projects, Volunteer Experience, or Honors. Evaluate your needs and job descriptions provided by companies to gauge what you have to include.
Here is a data center technician resume sample for an additional section:
Pair Your Data Center Technician Resume With a Cover Letter
More often than not, hiring managers appreciate receiving cover letters with applications. Not only does it make the application more customized, but gives your recruiter a fair idea of how you will contribute to the company.
Here is what you need to keep in mind while writing your cover letter:
Seems complicated? You can use our Online Cover Letter Builder to get a guided explanation of navigating your data center technician cover letter.
Leave Your Data Center Technician Resume to us at Hiration's Online Resume Builder
With a plethora of resume designs and pre-filled resume templates, your search to finally perfect your data center technician resume is over.
At Hiration’s Online Resume Builder, you can ensure that your data center is up to the mark.
Not only that!
We offer more services to help you perfect your job hunting process!
Data Center Technician Resume Sample
If you follow the tips given above, you can create a data center technician resume that is pleasing to the eye and on par with the industry standards!
Here is a sample resume for data center technician:
Want this exact template? Go over to our Online Resume Builder and customize this template with your unique career trajectory.
As a fairly saturated job market, you need to get your basics down as an applicant to even be considered. Your basics would include an excellent data center technician resume to go with a personalized cover letter!
Here is what you can take away from this blog to develop your data center technician resume:
- Draft your resume in the reverse chronological resume format as it is the industry standard
- Divide your work experience into groups of bulleted one-liners under relevant subheadings and highlight the important information
- Within five lines, make sure that your resume summary maintains a cause-effect relationship and includes the major feats in your career
- Assess your areas of expertise to effectively add all of your data center technician skills into your resume
- Evaluate your unique career trajectory and add sections that would complement your career and your targeted jobs
- Draft a customized cover letter explicating how you will contribute to their company by doing basic research on the company
Get your data center technician resume application ready!
For any queries, you can reach out to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to get back to you at the earliest!