Have you ever wondered why your resume is getting rejected?
Your resume may seem perfect to you, your family,and friends but it may not be enough to impress the recruiters.
Of late, many recruiters are relying heavily on ATS systems.
And your resume needs an expert review.
ATS - Applicant Tracking System, its algorithm is as fancy as its name.
ATS are AI-powered systems that are fed with relevant keywords and scans hundreds of resumes in a matter of a few minutes.
The above step serves as a qualifier for your resume to reach human decision-makers, since the recruiters spend an average of 6 seconds scanning a resume.
There is something wrong with your resume that is putting the recruiters off. Maybe a few red flags like typos and lack of keywords.
This is where the Resume Checkers comes in.
Here is the Hiration’s guide on resume checkers to clear all your doubts.
This resume checker blog will walk you through:
- What is a resume checker?
- Why do you need a Resume Checker?
- How does an online resume checker work?
- Resume Checker Parameters
What is a resume checker?
A resume checker is an AI-powered application embedded with machine learning capabilities to evaluate the quality of your resume and provide a comprehensive resume score.
It provides the feature of making changes and even makes suggestions to achieve a desirable quality score.
In simple words, it is the report card of your resume that highlights your grades and allows you to work on your resume so that the required enhancements can be implemented.
Online resume-building applications like Hiration are incessantly working to achieve a fail-proof ats resume checker.
Why do you need a Resume Checker?
Even if a recruiter spends only 6 seconds on a resume, it is impractical for him/her to scan through hundreds of resumes within a stipulated period.
Recruiters use ATS systems to do the preliminary checks and narrow the applicant pool. While we highly appreciate your initiative to create your own resume at the same time we cannot deny the fact that your resume does have some flaws.
And if you are looking for a job on LinkedIn or Indeed, your resume is going to face their in-built ATS system.
In short, a resume checker is a good opportunity for you to know your resume score and make necessary improvements.
This improves the chances of your resume reaching the recruiter.
Isn’t it better than losing a few opportunities before realizing the mistakes?
Upload resume on an ats resume checker to get the online score of your resume.
How does an online resume checker work?
The online resume checkers are based on the feedback and advice from the recruiters and hiring managers of tier-one companies.
After understanding the requirements of the recruiters, the software engineers and data scientists spend hundreds of hours teaching the resume checker using advanced ML and AI algorithms.
The resume checkers are trained on top-quality resumes to set a bar for the evaluation of resumes.
If your resume scores high on a resume checker it means that your resume has the right set of keywords and contains other elements that makes it better than the rest of the resumes.
Resume Checker Parameters
There are various parameters of a resume checker which has been highlighted below:
1. Formatting: It generally evaluates the formatting of your resume that includes font style, the flow of sections, resume length, etc. While some online resume builders have fixed standard font size and style it can help you with the length of your resume.
2. Section-wise evaluation: The resume checkers score your resume based on the sections that you have included in your resume and the use of relevant keywords.
Here is the list of sections that an ats resume checker scores your resume on.
- Contact Details: A resume checker does scan your contact information section. A resume is of no use if the applicant is not providing basic contact details like phone number, email address, city of residence, etc.
Summary/Objective: Since this is the first thing that a recruiter might look at, it has to framed thoughtfully that is showcasing your abilities, choice of words, and work experience.
Skills: An ats resume checker works as a keyword checker here. It evaluates the skills section of a resume based on the professional experience given. Hiration’s AI Review is a step ahead by providing a list of skills based on the work experience that can be added to your resume.
Work Experience: Resume checkers evaluates the work experience based on the ease of readability, brevity, use of action verbs, and keyword inclusion in that section. For example, a resume containing long paragraphs lacking relevant keywords is bound to get a low score than a resume having one-liner bullet points with relevant keywords.
Education Details & Certifications: A recruiter sometimes feed the ATS system with keywords related to education or some necessary certifications. It is imperative to add them to your resume. A resume with a dedicated education section scores higher than a resume without it.
The advancement of technology in the hiring industry leaves no scope for mistakes, not even the minute ones. Getting your resume quality scored using an ats resume checker online is an investment that would help you in a long run.
Here is the list of important parameters on which an ats resume checker scores your resume:
- ATS Compatibility: The resume checker works similar to an ATS system. It looks for the usage of relevant keywords and scores your resume accordingly.
- Resume length: The ideal resume length according to a resume checker is either 1 or 2 page. Resumes having odd lengths like 1.5 pages tend to score low.
- Brevity of bullet points: The resume having straight to-the-point one-liner bullets in the experience section scores high.
- Sections: The resume checker scans the resume for necessary sections on your resume like summary, skills, experience, and education.
- Skills: Your resume can score high if you have added all the skills relevant to your job profile. If you have not, a resume checker even suggests the right set of skills that can increase your resume score.
Make sure to check out Hiration’s state-of-the-art online resume checker - AI Review that allows you to make changes to your resume and see the live online score.
Go to Hiration career platform which has 24/7 chat support and get professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries. You can also write to us at email@example.com and we will make sure to reach out to you as soon as possible.