Is your resume job optimized?
What does it mean to write a job-optimized computer tech resume?
[Click here to directly go to the complete Computer Tech Resume Sample]
In this blog, we will show you how!
A classic mistake that most job seekers tend to make is sending the same unaltered resume for every one of their job applications. The result? They are unable to address the demands of the job opening & fail to make the cut.
Our goal here is to help you mimic the chiseled perfection of a Greek God where perfecting your resume is concerned. So in this blog, we will show you section by section, what it means to make a perfect computer tech resume.
This guide is an exhaustive one, so here's a quick summary of our Computer Tech Resume Blog:
- Research the resume guidelines of your country of employment. This will save you the unnecessary trouble of adding information that you do not need. Moreover, it protects you from potential hiring bias (more on this later).
- Keep the text type uniform across your computer technician resume and check for spelling errors before you email your resume to a potential employer.
- Whether it is the summary or the work experience section - keep it strictly achievement-based. Doing this will help you show that your computer tech skills amount to something. It shows that you can bring meaningful results!
Whether you're writing a mid-level, senior-level, or entry level computer tech resume - make sure that you follow these tips across all your resumes!
We will now dig a little deeper and show you how you can make the most of your computer tech resume to attain the resume perfection standards needed to get it shortlisted!!
To make a shortlist-worthy computer tech resume, follow the 7 resume tips we have mentioned below:
- Customize your computer tech resume for every job application
- Use resume sections to present information & enhance readability
- Incorporate relevant keywords across different resume sections
- Optimize the header, personal information, and profile title sections
- Perfect the Professional Experience Section to showcase your expertise
- Give your educational & certification details (if any)
- Outline your computer tech skills under a key skills section
- Conclude your resume using a computer technician resume objective or summary
We will now deep dive into each tip we have outlined above.
We have given section-wise explanation & computer tech resume examples to show you what each section of your perfect computer tech resume will look like once it follows the rules of resume writing.
But before we get into that, feel free to fashion your computer tech resume using our AI-powered Online Resume Builder.
Built to give you the resume help you need using intuitive features & 250+ industry-wise resume templates - trust us when we say this, it is the only help you'll need for a quick & effective resume building.
Here’s a list of all content to help you navigate the blog:
Customize your computer tech resume for every job application
Believe us when we say this:
You're doing it wrong if you're recycling the same computer tech resume over and over again. Part of the reason why you're not getting any interview calls is that you're not customizing your resume!
So here's a piece of valuable advice that we want you to follow:
Don't send the same generic computer tech resume to every hiring body.
Why? Because every job vacancy comes with specific needs & criteria. This is why sending the same untweaked resume is a bad idea.
Believe it or not, it guarantees job rejection - and trust us, you don't want that!
Computer Tech Resume Sample
Here's a perfect computer tech resume sample to show you what your perfect resume should look like:
- Operating Systems & Applications: Windows, OSX, MacOS, Outlook
- System & Ticket Management Tools: iSeries, ITSM, ServiceNow
- Supplying technical support to warehouse facility equipment, computer hardware, software, printers & telecom systems
- Responding to ~10 technical support issues daily via phone, email, and in-person
- Troubleshooting printers, facility equipment, personal computers, and peripheral hardware
- Administering troubleshooting and resolution of computer and telecommunication systems' issues
- Monitoring and resolving both routine and complex ticket queues and incidents in ServiceNow Ticketing System
- Interfacing with 10 personnel daily and tracking resolution via ITSM ticketing system
- Mentoring the junior staff of 60 and rendering assistance with sales engineering tasks
- Implementing and learning new corporate technologies while preparing the team for using and supporting the same
- Creating 10 monthly technical documents including knowledgebase articles
- Recommending and executing process and documentation improvements for improving team efficiency
- Rendered assistance to 10 senior IT support technicians in supporting Windows servers and desktops
- Provided front line support and service for 4 major clients which include Japanese multinationals
- Assisted in basic troubleshooting of Cisco networks including various Windows, and MacOS Operating Systems
- Performed issue troubleshooting and resolution including interaction with site contacts, carriers, and vendors
- Aided in monitoring tickets & alerts while ensuring they are handled as per pre-defined SLA's for response time & updates
- Oversaw the status and performance of 2 services and facilities while escalating alerts in a timely fashion
- Provided periodical updates to customers and 4 internal departments while maintaining customer documentation
- Managed ~5 weekly remote hand requests from related parties while responding to and resolving client inquiries
- Participated in ~5 monthly internal system maintenance activities while developing a close working relationship with clients
- Maintained the Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Level 1 Certificate in PC Maintenance | Evergreen Technical Institute | Fayetteville, AR | Jan '20 - Jun '20
- Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems Support | Spring Gardens Academy | Fayetteville, AR | Jul '18 - Dec '18
- Languages: English (Native), Spanish (Interactive) and Catalan (Fluent)
If your resume is not fashioned with the refined perfection of this computer tech resume sample, you're doing it all wrong.
But don't worry. In this blog, we will work towards helping you make a resume that replicates the calculated goodness of this sample.
If you want to work on this sample, you can simply click on it. Doing this will transport you to our pre-designed & pre-perfected computer tech resume template on our Online Resume Builder!
Use resume sections to present information & enhance readability
Using resume sections helps you present information effectively in your computer tech resume. It also enhances the readability which makes it recruiter-friendly too!
So use resume sections!
As a rule of thumb, other sections or not, make sure that you include these 7 must-have resume sections in your computer tech resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
You can also add extra sections such as:
- Conference & Publications
- Volunteering Experience
If you don't want to go through the pain of making & arranging sections in the right order in your resume, don't sweat it!
Use Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to get access to pre-arranged sections & perfect your computer tech resume!
Incorporate relevant keywords across different resume sections
Keywords or resume keywords are job-specific criteria that a job candidate must have to be considered fit for the job.
The more criteria you meet, the more qualified you're considered for the job!
And the best way to show that you are qualified for the job is by incorporating relevant keywords across different sections of your computer tech resume!
Here are the 3 main types of resume keywords you should look out for while scanning through the JD of your target job:
- Skill-based keywords: The JD will outline a list of job-specific skillsets. They might even outline a list of add-on skills. Once you identify them, see if you match any. Once you identify the skills that match, incorporate them in different sections such as the key skills, summary, and professional experience section.
- Education-based keywords: Should be incorporated in the education section. For example, if the JD says that they need B SC Graduates only, highlighting this in the education section can help you show that you meet the education criteria.
- Experience-based keywords: Some organizations will look for experienced candidates while some would be okay with fresh graduates. Thus, we advise you to show your experience level in the summary section by beginning it in this manner: '5_ years experienced Computer Science Technician. . ."
Incorporating keywords in your resume not only helps you make a job-targeted resume, but it also helps you get parsed by the ATS software: a resume screening tool that most organizations have started using to eliminate the least fit candidates!
Once an ATS parses your computer tech resume, it reaches a human recruiter.
In other words, your resume won't even get evaluated by a human recruiter if it is not keyword-optimized!
So if you're still unsure of the importance of resume keywords, it is high time to do a little research, acknowledge its importance, and know it like the back of your hand. Because..... guess what?
It helps you make an ATS compatible resume, help you present yourself as an ideal candidate, and thus, increase your shortlist chances!
If you don't know how to spot keywords & use them in your resume, don't worry. Use our Online Resume Builder!
It comes with a JD-Resume match functionality feature which helps you copy-paste the JD in a text box where it gets scrutinized. The result: our resume builder gives you a list of the skills & other things you can add to your resume to make it keyword-optimized, job-optimized, and ATS compatible!
Perfect the header, personal information, and profile title sections
We will now discuss the first three sections of your computer tech resume and show you how to perfect them. Let's begin!
Computer Tech Resume: Header
While drafting the header of your computer technician resume, make sure that you follow the resume tips for this section, such as:
- Write your real full name and place it on the extreme top part of your computer technician resume.
- Draft it in the largest font size, preferably 16-20 font-size so that it is easy to identify it.
- Do not label your computer tech resume using a generic 'CV' or 'resume' as it is implicit and does not need to be explicitly communicated.
For a better understanding of this section, read our Resume Header Guide.
Here's a computer tech resume sample showing you an ideal resume header:
For more section-wise computer tech resume examples like this, read on!
This is a snapshot of a resume that we have made with Hiration’s Online Resume Builder.
Computer Tech Resume: Personal Information
While drafting the personal information section of your computer technician resume, make sure that you include the following details:
- One updated mobile number
- Professional email ID
- Current Location (City, State code)
Hiration Pro Tip: DO NOT give your marital status, sex, age, gender, ethnicity, or other personal details here as it can lead to biased hiring. However, if the resume guideline favors it, you might have to put down certain information anyway! So do yourself a favor and research the resume guidelines around this section.
If you're looking for an in-depth guide on this section, explore our Resume Personal Information Guide to learn how every small detail about this section!
Here's a computer tech resume sample showing an ideal personal information section:
This is a snapshot of a computer tech resume template that we have made using our Online Resume Builder.
Computer Tech Resume: Profile Title
Here are some rules around the profile title section that you should know:
- It communicates current job designation, the industry you work in, your seniority, and expected salary. As such, you need to correctly present it.
- If you're a computer technician, write it the same way. Example: 'Computer Technician'. Don't just glorify it unnecessarily to impress the recruiter. It won't work and you'll lose credibility which is worse than not getting the job.
- Given its importance, it needs to stand out. To ensure that a recruiter sees it one go, draft it in the second-largest text, preferably 14-16 points.
Here's a perfectly & corrected titled profile title as shown in this computer tech resume sample:
For more section-wise computer tech resume examples like this, read on!
Perfect the Professional Experience Section to showcase your expertise
A thorough assessment of the professional experience section of your computer technician skills resume will tell the recruiter if you're fit for the job.
When presented effectively, this section alone has the power to get you shortlisted.
So your job before you get the computer tech job of your dreams is to perfect this section at all costs. Here are 5 ways you can achieve this:
- Use one-liner points
- Use power verbs
- Use achievement figures
- Use keywords
- Use Bucketing & Bolding
When communicating the details of your professional experience, always do so using one-liner points.
Doing this will help you present your roles & responsibilities effectively.
It also increases the readability of your resume, thus keeping the recruiter's eyes right where it should be - on your computer tech resume!
Writing one-liner points is not enough. All it does is enhance the readability of your computer technician skills resume.
Don't just stop at that. Do more. Use power verbs to begin each point to add a tone of professionalism to your roles & responsibilities.
Examples of power verbs: Administered, Executed, Directed, Spearheaded, Formulated, Developed, Designed, Collaborated, Negotiated, etc.
Giving a bland narrative of your everyday roles & responsibilities is not enough. A certain level of skills & expertise is expected of you for being in the profession that you are in today.
Raise the quality standards of your resume. Don't just show that you can do this and that. Show how your skills & expertise have helped profit the organization.
In other words, outline your achievements & quantify them using numbers or achievement figures.
We spoke about the importance of incorporating keywords into your resume.
By strategically placing keywords into this section, you can show to the hiring organization that you meet the skill criteria outlined in the JD.
You can further increase the impact of this section by drawing a relation between your skills & your achievements.
Bucketing & Bolding
So far you have done everything right.
By grouping similar points within buckets (called bucketing) and marking relevant words, achievements, and keywords in bold (called bolding), you can easily ensure that your main career highlights get noticed!
Computer Tech Resume Sample for Professional Experience
To take a more directed approach to curating & perfecting this section, read our Resume Work Experience Section Guide.
Here's a computer tech resume sample showcasing a perfect professional experience section:
Give your educational & certification details
The education is a must-have section of your resume and the certifications section is an add-on section that you can include if you have done relevant certifications.
We will now discuss both sections in detail.
Computer Tech Resume: Education
As we have mentioned time and again, the education section is an important part & parcel of your computer tech resume.
It needs to feature in your resume because it tells the recruiter or hiring body if you meet the basic education criteria outlined for the job opening.
Here's a list of the top 4 things to include in the education section of your senior or entry level computer tech resume:
- Names of the universities you have attended (put both masters & bachelor's school of education. You can leave out your high school details)
- Degree Name (Example: B. Sc. - Computer Science)
- Location of grad school & post-graduate school (Example: New York, NY)
- Graduation & Enrolment Dates (Example: Jun '16 - May '20)
For a better understanding of this section and the weight it holds in helping you curate your senior or entry level computer tech resume, read our Resume Education Section Blog.
Here's a computer tech resume sample illustrating an impeccable education section.
Computer Tech Resume: Certifications
While your academic background helps you communicate if you meet the basic educational requirements of the job, your certifications help you show that you are going further & beyond to upskill & stay relevant.
So while the certifications section is not a must-have section, we highly recommend it if you are looking for jobs as it helps you show that you are in touch with the latest trends in your industry.
Here are the top 4 things to include in the certifications section of your c=computer technician skills resume:
- Certification course name
- Name of the certifying institute
- Location of the certifying institute
- Certifications enrolment & completion dates
Here's a computer tech resume sample illustrating an impeccable certifications section.
To make an impeccable computer tech resume, make use of our Online Resume Builder now!
Outline your computer tech skills under a key skills section
Your computer tech skills matter. We can't stress this enough. After all, it is these skills that make you the professional that you are.
If you are exceptionally good at what you do, have additional skills that do not exactly fit into your job description, we recommend you to illustrate them too!
By doing this, you can show that you are qualified for the job and also have the ability to bring something new to the table.
Hiration Pro Tip: Make a key skills section to put your computer tech skills. Make a technical skills subsection to illustrate your tool knowledge.
Read our Resume Skills Guide to get an in-depth understanding of the skills section of your computer technician skills resume.
Here's a computer tech resume sample illustrating the key skills section:
Get your current computer technician CV reviewed by our expert resume strategists at Hiration. Get expert feedback on all sections of your resume to learn what you can do to perfect it.
Conclude your resume using a computer technician resume objective or summary
We have now discussed all other sections of your computer technician resume. We will now discuss the summary & objective.
Computer Technician Resume Summary
A computer technician resume summary is a summary statement.
It should be written by experienced computer tech professionals who have a total work experience of 3 years and more.
Here are some quick tips that you can incorporate in your computer technician resume summary to perfect it:
- Draft it at the end. Doing this will help you pick all-important points at once, thus eliminating the need to revisit your work experience details.
- Keep it achievement-based. Think of one or two prominent achievements in your niche and present them in this section. Try to quantify your achievements if possible.
- Stick to a 3-5 lines paragraph limit. Doing this helps you stay on-point.
- Don't add fluff to your summary statement. Don't treat this as an essay where you can get away with using fancy words & jargon. Keep it short. Keep it relevant.
Read our Resume Summary Guide to get an in-depth understanding of the summary statement and what you can do to perfect it.
Here is a computer tech resume sample showcasing a perfect computer technician resume summary:
This is a screenshot of the summary section of our computer tech resume template. We have curated it using our Online Resume Builder.
Sign up now to work on this template. After you download it, you can choose between a PDF and Word Template.
Computer Technician Resume Objective
You should write a computer technician resume objective if you have no work experience or have a very limited work experience of fewer than 3 years.
If you are a fresh graduate writing an entry level computer tech resume, then you should write an objective (not a summary).
There's not much difference between the two except that the objective will focus more on your functional skills than your career-centric achievements as you probably don't have much work experience to talk about.
Just like the summary, compose the objective statement at the end and keep it strictly limited to a 3-5 lines paragraph.
To learn more about this section, take a look at our Resume Objectives to learn the art of fashioning an impeccable resume objective.
In the meanwhile, get your hands on our awesome resume builder to curate a slice of resume perfection!
Resume Review Service
We recommend our resume review service for everyone who wants to put their best foot forward and want to attain resume perfection!
At Hiration, we review resumes in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Content Relevance
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Performance Assessment
- Compliance with industry norms
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
We take pride in our Online Resume Builder. Trust us when we say this, it is the only resume help you will need to curate a perfect computer technician resume:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF & DOC downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
You have reached the end of our Computer Tech Resume Blog. Here are its key takeaways:
- Do not send your computer tech resume to hiring organizations without optimizing it according to the JD first. To do this, identify & incorporate relevant keywords in different sections of your resume.
- Double-check your contact details for spelling mistakes & typos.
- Organize information using sections. Make sure that you use all 7 must-have sections in your resume.
- Write your profile title accurately. Generally, the profile title that goes in your resume will be your current or last held job designation. If you are a Computer Science Graduate and don't have any work experience yet, you can simply compose your profile title in this way: 'Computer Science Graduate'.
- Keep your computer technician resume objective or summary short and crisp. Stick to 3-5 lines and highlight relevant achievements in it.
- Perfect the professional experience section at all costs. Use one liner points to enhance readability. Quantify your achievements to show your professional expertise. Use bucketing & bolding to divert attention to key aspects of your work experience that matters.
- Give an account of your academic background in the education section.
- If you're switching jobs and aiming for senior roles, up-skill, get your hands on relevant certifications, and present them in your computer tech resume!
Go to Hiration career platform which has 24/7 chat support and get professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries. You can also write to us at email@example.com and we will make sure to reach out to you as soon as possible.