The average base salary in US for a Business Intelligence Analyst is:
The transfer of businesses to online platforms and the amount of data that is being generated with every passing moment has opened up a lot of job opportunities for people that deal in data.
Business Intelligence Analyst is one such profile that focuses on validating data, processing it, identifying patterns through it, and so on, depending upon the key business requirements.
Since the role depends upon requirements the salary range of a business intelligence analyst also varies, depending upon a multitude of factors. A few significant factors that severely affect the salary range are the level of experience or skill set a candidate possesses, the geographical location of the company, the requirements of the organization, etc.
Now that we know the average salary range and the factors on which it depends, we'll focus on the following key points around business intelligence analyst salary:
- Top companies hiring for Business Intelligence Analyst in the US
- Salary range of business Intelligence Analyst depending on cities
- Required skills for a high-paying Business Intelligence Analyst salary
- Most Common FAQs about Business Intelligence Analyst Salary
- Job benefits in the Business Intelligence Analyst industry
- How to become a business intelligence analyst?
- What is the salary range of different professionals such as Data Scientist?
Top Companies hiring for Business Intelligence Analyst in the US
Hiration is committed to helping its readers in every possible way, hence we have curated a list of online resources that can help you find the perfect Business Intelligence Analyst job.
Business Intelligence Analyst Salary Range
As mentioned above, there are multiple factors that decide the salary range of a single profile. One of them is the geographical location of the company.
We have curated a list for your reference, that will give you an estimated business intelligence analysts salary range depending upon the different locations and profiles.
- Business intelligence analyst salary NYCis USD 88,769
- Business intelligence analyst salary California is USD 97,308
- Power BI analyst salary is USD 91,731
- Senior BI analyst salary is 104,548
Geography isn't the only determining factor when it comes to salaries, but it is quite an important one.
To help you understand better, we have listed down the business intelligence salary range depending upon the level of experience a professional possesses.
Business Intelligence Analyst Salary Entry Level
The entry-level business intelligence analyst salary is mentioned below as per different resources:
Business Intelligence Analyst Salary Mid Career Level
As per the data received from Zippia.com, the average mid-career business intelligence analyst salary is USD 67,700 and sometimes moves up to USD 70K.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Salary
We have collected the data from disparate yet trustful online resources and combined it for your perusal. Take a look at the table mentioned below to find out the senior business intelligence analyst salary.
We are also adding a graph for your ease, that will show the different ranges of business intelligence analyst salary as per the level of experience.
Also Read: How much does Senior Business Analsyt make?.
How to become a Business Intelligence Analyst?
With exponential development in technology, the demand for IT professionals and analysts has also increased.
If you want to become a business intelligence analyst then you need think a step-ahead to beat the competition and take the correct path to establish your career.
A few things/steps to keep in mind while becoming a business intelligence analyst:
- Opt for an undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, data science, business administration, engineering, economics, or a related field
- Gain experience by doing internships
- Acquire certifications to stay up to date with the industry trends and for sharpening your skills
- Since this is not an entry level role, so pursuing an advanced degree will work in your favor
Business Intelligence Analyst Skills
While the geographical location and level of experience have their own importance in deciding the business intelligence analyst salary, it all comes down to the skill set you have.
A few important skills that a Business Intelligence Analyst should possess are:
- Data Preparation
- Data Mining
- Statistical Analysis
- Descriptive Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Data Reporting
While the above-mentioned skills are important for a business intelligence analyst, there are still a few skills out there that are in more demand and can directly affect your salary. They are:
- Data Processing
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise
- ELT (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Market Analysis
- Web Analytics
- Amazon Redshift
- Google Analytics
- Apache Hadoop
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Now that you know the kind of skills required to become a business intelligence analyst, you should also know how to list the skills on your resume.
FAQs about Business Intelligence Analyst Salary
We have covered almost all the necessary topics pertaining to business intelligence analyst salary, however, to further narrow down on it we are answering the most frequently asked questions about business intelligence analyst salary.
How much do Business Intelligence Analysts get Paid?
The business intelligence analyst salary range depends on different factors that we have already discussed. Hence, the salary ranges from USD 60K - 90K depending upon the skill set, level of experience, or even the geographical location of the company.
Are Business Intelligence Analysts in Demand?
Since the global economy is heavily impacted by big data, the demand for business intelligence analysts is also predicted to grow with passing days.
What makes a good Business Intelligence Analyst?
A good business intelligence analyst will have a thorough understanding of the business as well as the industry. They will be able to leverage their technical knowledge to come up with actionable insights to propel business growth.
What Skills Do You Need to Become a Business Intelligence Analyst?
In order to become a good business intelligence analyst, you need to have a set of hard & soft skills. A few of them are:
- Programming languages like Python and C#
- Data Modeling & Data Analysis
- Database Management & Report
- Communication & Critical Thinking
Benefits of Having a Career in Business Intelligence Analyst Industry
Global Job Opportunities
With the advancement of technology, organizations have taken a data-driven approach to boost their business growth. This has resulted in great job opportunities for people in the BI industry.
Not just that, there are numerous benefits of building a career in the Business Intelligence Analyst industry.
Variety of Job Profiles
A Business Intelligence professional doesn't have to just stick to the role of an analyst. There are exciting profiles that one can opt for, such as:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Business Intelligence Engineer
- Business Intelligence Project Manager
It is a vast industry with a mammoth of opportunities waiting to be conquered.
As we have already discussed in detail the pay range of a Business Intelligence Analyst, it is fair to say that one can lead a comfortable life with that amount.
If you are worried about not saving enough for the future, then leave that worry at the door. Since the BI industry has a lot to offer in terms of personal development as well as monetary growth.
Salary Range of Different Professionals
We are listing down a range of professionals along with their average salary for your reference:
- Data Scientist - USD 103,226
- Machine Learning Engineer - USD 128,031
- Business Analsyt Salary - USD 78,458
- Senior Business Analyst Salary - USD 101,277
- Business System Analsyt - USD 94,311
- Entry level Business Analyst Salary - USD 55,793
- Software Tester Salary - USD 58,669
- The average business intelligence salary will depend upon your level of experience, skills, and location of the company
- Acquire skills like Data Visualization, SQL, SSIS, etc. to bag high-paying business intelligence analyst jobs
- There are multiple job profiles available for professionals in the BI industry
- A career in Business Intelligence is quite lucrative with decent monetary growth
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.
All the best for your future endeavours!