Well, business analysis is one of the highest-paid career options in marketing and management domains.
According to a report by salary.com, the average senior business analyst salary in the United States is USD 95,656, and the salary range falls between USD 86,960 & USD 105,647.
The sr business analyst salary varies depending upon multiple factors like education level, technical skills, job location, certifications, company size, and work experience.
Hence, you might get a different salary compared to another senior business analyst with the same experience. This intuitive guide is focused on clarifying all the doubts related to salary differences of senior business analysts in the United States.
Let us start with the summary points of this reference guide:
- Business analysts get a salary hike based on their work experience and skillset
- Company size and location plays a great role in determining a sr business analyst salary
- Proficiency in using the latest digital analysis tools can benefit you a lot in your business analyst career
Considering the factors that affect a senior business analyst salary, we are answering the following fundamental questions regarding the sr. business analyst salary in the United States:
- What are the hourly wages of a senior business analyst in the United States?
- Does the location of a company affect the senior business analyst salary?
- What are the key roles and responsibilities of a senior business analyst?
- How can I improve my senior business analyst salary in the US?
- What are the main areas of responsibilities for a Senior Buisness Analyst?
If you are looking for a senior business analyst job, you might need a professional business analyst resume, and Hiration’s Online Resume Builder can help you make one. It is powered by Artificial Intelligence to ease the resume-building process without compromising with the quality standards.
Also Read: Business Analyst Jobs
Hourly Wages for Senior Business Analyst Salary in the United States
To give you better insights into a lead business analyst salary, we have curated the average hourly wages of a senior business analyst. A recent report by salary.com states that a business analyst earns USD 46 on an average in the United States. However, the range of hourly wages falls between USD 42 & USD 51 in general.
City-Wise Senior Business Analyst Salary in the United States
The location of a company also affects the senior IT business analyst salary. For example, you can check out the difference between average business analyst salaries in different cities of the United States below:
|City Name||Average Senior Business Analyst Salary|
|Chicago, IL||USD 95,487|
|Denver, CO||USD 94,228|
|Dallas, TX||USD 92,549|
|Houston, TX||USD 91,076|
|Atlanta, GA||USD 88,421|
|Orlando, FL||USD 82,114|
|Tampa, FL||USD 74,496|
|New York, NY||USD 68,603|
Similar Business Analyst Jobs With Salary Details
Business analysis is a methodology that focuses on analyzing business assets and helping company managers refine business processes. Business analysts wear different caps as per the company requirements and their skill set.
Pondering that, we are listing six popular business analyst job titles with their average annual and hourly salaries in the United States:
Senior Business Operations Analyst Salary
Senior Business Data Analyst Salary
Senior Business System Analyst Salary
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Salary
Senior Technical Business Analyst Salary
Senior Business Process Analyst Salary
Average Data of Analyst Salaries in the United States
You can have a deep overview on the analyst salaries at different positions in the United States by the below given table:
|Junior Data Analyst||$61,439|
|Business Intelligence Analyst||$87,595|
|Junior Data Scientist||$88,314|
|Senior Data Scientist||$97,797|
|Senior Business Analyst||$100,339|
|Business Intelligence Developer||$100,582|
|Business Intelligence Manager||$124,513|
|Senior Data Engineer||$131,504|
|Senior Data Scientist||$143,131|
|Director of Analytics||$157,279|
|Data Engineering Manager||$158,916|
|Chief Information Officer||$224,581|
Key Areas of Responsibilities for Senior Business Analyst
Business analysts play a vital role in improving business performance and maintaining the exponential growth of a company. Being a senior business analyst, you should also have leadership and managerial qualities along with modern business analysis skills.
Take a look at some real-time responsibilities of a senior business analyst:
- Lead ETL process as well as data integration/conversion and customer data mapping initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business leaders to develop, document, and implement scalable processes with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Prototype dashboards and reports to get users engaged and excited about Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions.
- Perform quality analysis to validate requirements are being met through data model verification, front-end solutions, and source to target mapping.
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure that can be used by other cross-functional teams and growth consultants/analysts.
- Communicate modifications, changes, and enhancements of business requirements – verbally or via written documentation – to sponsors, stakeholders, and project managers to understand the issues and solutions.
- Collect, analyze and present information about the long-term planning and strategic goals of the department.
- Work cross-functionally with the company’s partners in Marketing, Finance, Data Science, Operations, Sales, Renewals, and Services teams to support business initiatives.
Also Read: Business Analyst Job Description
Skills Required to Improve Your Senior Business Analyst Salary
Today, every IT company expects proficiency in diverse skills from a senior business analyst. Hence, you should learn and master all the latest business analysis skills to experience a hassle-free professional journey as a senior business analyst.
Below-given are some popular and essential skills for a senior business analyst in this techno-centric world. You can expect a salary hike after learning these skills & tools as a senior business analyst:
|Sr Business Analyst Skills||Sr. Business Analyst Skills|
|Project Management||Script Testing|
|User Acceptance Testing||Software Development Life Cycle|
|Subject Matter Expertise||SQL|
|Customer Relationship Management||Visio|
|Business Analysis||Agile Development|
Most Common Business Analyst Salary Benefits
According to a study by Zippia, Business Analysts generally start their career with an annual salary of USD 50,000. However, these individuals grow professionally by learning new skills and getting suitable certifications.
You can have a glance at the below-given table of a business analyst journey from a beginner to the director of a company:
|Entry Level Business Systems Analyst||USD 56,043|
|Intermediate Level Business Systems Analyst||USD 71,865|
|Senior Business Systems Analyst||USD 86,635|
|Expert Systems Business Analyst||USD 100,312|
|Business Systems Analyst- Consultant||USD 113,202|
|Entry Level Business Data Analyst||USD 54,272|
|Intermediate Level Business Data Analyst||USD 70,123|
|Senior Business Data Analyst||USD 87,713|
|Business Process Consultant||USD 106,234|
|Business Development Director||USD 170,307|
Major Areas of Responsibilities for a Senior Business Analyst
As a senior business analyst, you will deal with different business issues and manage a team of business analysts to achieve organizational goals. Here we are listing the major areas of responsibilities as a Senior Business Analyst across the America in 2022:
- Tackle Complex Projects
- Own Strategic Analysis
- Understand and Improve Business Process
- Explore New Business Domains
- Lead a Team of Business Analysts
- Consult for Internal Stakeholders
Also Read: Business Analyst Salary
Hiration Job Assistance
If you are looking for a job change to another senior business analyst profile, you will need an impactful business analyst resume.
Hiration can help you build a job-winning business analyst resume that effectively presents your capabilities, expertise, experience, and qualifications.
At Hiration, we have built several AI-powered tools to help you prepare for your next job application. Take a look at the digital career-building tools you will get via Hiration:
- Online Resume Builder
- Online Cover Letter Builder
- LinkedIn Profile Review
- Digital Portfolio Builder
- Interview Preparation
If you face any isse while using any of these career-building tools, leverage our 24/7 chat support. Our experts will be obliged to help you.
You can check out the key takeaways of this reference guide listed below:
- The senior business analyst salary is determined by company size & location, your work experience, and skills.
- To increase your senior business analyst salary, you need to comprehend the latest business analysis skills and tools like Jira & Scrum.
- Having leadership and managing qualities will make you experience a flawless career path as a senior business analyst.
We hope that this blog has cleared most of your doubts related to a senior business analyst salary. Still, if you need any business analyst career assistance, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.