Click here to directly go to the complete System Engineer Resume Sample.
Dreaming about that coveted System Engineer job?
You are halfway through getting the System Engineer job of your dreams if you perfect your resume!
As the first point of contact between you and the recruiter, your resume will be used as a yardstick to test your suitability for the job. If you perfect it, it will increase your shortlist chances. If you don't, you will not get that interview call.
A poorly constructed system engineer resume can make an exceptionally brilliant System Engineers look incompetent.
Presentation matters! and in this blog, we will show you how to make a system engineer resume so good, you will be shortlisted for your dream job in no time!
Here's a summary of our System Engineer Resume 2023 Blog:
- Improve the readability of your resume. Doing this will ensure that it is both ATS and recruiter-friendly.
- Use the city/state code format to present locations. Example: If you're from Los Angeles, California; present it in your resume as 'Los Angeles, CA'.
- The professional experience section is the legs on which your resume stands. Perfect it at all costs by implementing simple resume tricks.
- Compose your resume summary after concluding all other sections. This will help you write an effective system engineer resume summary.
- Add a technical skills section to add skills such as Python, Linux, NGINX.
- Make a projects section to highlight your skills and achievements.
That's not all. In this blog, we have given section-wise system engineer resume examples to illustrate a perfect resume section.
Through practical and easy-to-understand resume examples, you will learn the art of curating the perfect system engineer skills resume.
Here are the 10 golden resume tips to curate an impactful System Engineer Resume:
- Which is the right system engineer resume format to structure your resume?
- What are the must-have sections in your System Engineer Resume?
- How to create a stellar Professional Experience Section of your System Engineer Resume?
- How to add academic information in your System Engineer Resume?
- How to differentiate your core system engineer skills from your technical skills?
- How to write a System Engineer Resume Summary?
- What is the best way to create a resume for system engineer fresher jobs?
- System Engineer Resume DOC v/s System Engineer Resume PDF: Know which one to choose
- Use Hiration's Resume Services to perfect your System Engineer Resume
In this resume guide, we will cover each tip in exhaustive details.
If you're looking for instant help with resume writing and do not have the time to read this resume, use our Online Resume Builder to make an impeccable system engineer resume.
Our platform is powered by the wonder we call artificial intelligence.
It is designed to give you the resume help you need by providing intuitive features such as LIVE resume score, one-click design change, text suggestions, auto-bolding, space adjusting, and JD-resume match functionality. . .
all so you can make an optimized system engineer job description resume that is customized according to the JD of your target jobs!
Don't believe us? Here's a video tutorial showcasing our one-of-a-kind JD functionality feature and how it works!
System Engineer Salary
It is imperative to know your worth before applying to a job. With the cut throat competition in every industry, it becomes difficult to negotiate your pay, hence you should do the research in advance.
We have listed down the average annual salary of a system engineer according to different sources:
- Payscale: USD 80,503
- Glassdoor : USD 90,833
- Ziprecuiter: USD 92,508
System Engineer Resume Points
Curating the resume points can be the most daunting task ever. A varied experience in the industry can be useless if you can't put it into correct words and mention in your resume.
Don't worry! Hiration got you covered.
We have created a repository of such resume points which are recruiter-friendly and will help you in creating a job-winning resume.
- Provided recommendations for the implementation of a system to ensure compliance with the Joint Commission
- Developed a system to track and report on the progress of all projects and to ensure that the team was in alignment with project objectives
- Performed System Analysis of the application and provided detailed reports of the results and recommendations
- Designed & developed a web based system for the data management of a company's inventory
- Implemented several modules to streamlines the data collection processes, which resulted in a decrease of the number and severity
Not just this we have pre-made resume points for more than 250 profiles, a few of them are:
Choose the right system engineer resume format to structure your resume
Choosing the right resume format is important because it helps you present information in your resume in a structured manner.
You should choose the right system engineer resume format so that you can manipulate your resume to illustrate the information you prioritize.
In total, there are three types of resume formats you can choose from:
If you don't have career gaps, we recommend you to choose the reverse chronological resume format to structure your system engineer skills resume.
It is the most commonly used resume format that is known and acknowledged by recruiters around the world!
In other words, this resume format is recruiter-friendly. Moreover, it helps you showcase your career trajectory by order of importance as it presents the latest work experience first.
Include the 7 must-have sections in your System Engineer Resume
Whether you're writing a resume for system engineer fresher jobs or an experienced system engineer resume for senior roles; your resume should have these 7 must-have resume sections:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
These resume sections are indispensable and need to feature in your resume at all costs!
In addition to this, you can also include these add-on sections if you have more information to put in your resume:
- Volunteering Experience
We recommend these add-on sections for fresh graduates who are writing a resume for system engineer fresher & entry-level jobs.
It is also recommended for less experienced System Engineers who are writing a junior system engineer resume for junior-level system engineer jobs (more on this later).
Use our Online Resume Builder to eliminate the hassle of manually inserting sections in your resume. It comes with a huge library of pre-filled resume templates that you can personalize to suit your specific qualifications and work history.
Moreover, feel free to avail our Resume Review Service to get your existing system engineer skills resume reviewed by our resume experts at Hiration.
Begin your resume by curating the header, personal information, and profile title first
The first three sections of your system engineer resume are:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
The header is the first must-have section of your resume. It should not only be perfect but it should have a unique identity of its own.
One glance at your resume should instantly communicate to the recruiter that the resume belongs to you.
How do you achieve this?
Simple. Just write your real full name in the topmost part of your system engineer skills resume in the largest font size in the range of 16-20 points.
This helps you achieve the goal we have outlined above.
To learn more abour resume headers, read our Resume Header Guide. Moving on, here's a system engineer resume sample illustrating a perfectly sized resume header:
The personal information section is the second must-have section of your resume. It consists of important information such as:
- Updated mobile number
- Professional email ID
- Current Location
Using this information, a recruiter gets in touch with you. As such, be extra careful when filling this information. A simple typo can mean that you will never hear from a recruiter, even if they're interested in hiring you.
Hiration Pro Tip: You can also include a link to your LinkedIn profile and website/online portfolio. This helps a recruiter understand your professional qualifications and expertise better.
Here are some basic rules for this section:
- If you have more than one functional mobile number, list only one. Make sure that you are available on this number 24x7.
- Your email ID should look professional. Avoid fancy emails like 'email@example.com' or 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- Use the city/state code format to showcase your current location/place of residence. Example: ‘Buffalo, NY’. Do not go overboard with your complete home address. It is unnecessary and bulks up your resume.
- Research the resume guidelines of the country of your employment. It will save you from adding unnecessary information.
Read Hiration's Guide to composing your contact information to get a better sense of this section.
To know what an ideal personal information section should ideally look like, take a look at the system engineer resume sample we have attached below:
This is a snapshot of a system engineer resume template that is available on our Resuem Building Platform.
The profile title is the third must-have section of your resume.
It serves as the face of your professional identity as it communicates key career-centric information such as:
- Your current or last held job title. Example: System Engineer, Linux System Engineer, Windows System Engineer, Etc.
- Your seniority level, expertise level, and expected income range. The more senior your profile in system engineering, the higher your professional expertise and expected income.
Your job here is to write your profile title accurately as any deviation would be seen as a sign of insincerity. If a recruiter finds that you wrote an incorrect profile title, you will lose all credibility.
Here's an example of a system engineer resume sample showcasing the profile title of a System Engineer.
This is a snapshot of a system engineer resume template that is available on our Online Resume Builder.
With it, you can draft an impeccable Linux system engineer resume, a power system engineer resume, or a windows system engineer resume.
For more section-wise system engineer resume examples like this, read on!
Perfect the Professional Experience Section of your System Engineer Resume
The professional experience section is another must-have section of your network and system engineer resume.
It needs to showcase your exceptionalism in the work that you do. It should communicate your key expertise areas. But most importantly, it should communicate all this information effectively.
Why? because the way you present information can be the difference between an interview shortlist and a resume rejection.
So here are 3 resume tips you can use to perfect the professional experience section of your network and system engineer resume:
- Use one-liner points
- Use the STAR format
- Use power verbs
- Use Grouping & Highlighting
Use one-liner Points
The ATS- a recruitment software is wired to parse your resume if it is readable. If it cannot read it, it won't parse it. And if won't parse it, your resume will not reach the recruiter.
Your goal here to improve the readability of your resume so that it gets parsed and reached the recruiter.
Moreover, you should also aim at improving the reader-friendliness of this section as a non-legible section will discourage the human recruiter from evaluating this section even if an ATS parses it.
If a recruiter does not read your resume, it will not get shortlisted.
Trust us, you don't want that.
This is why we advise you to stay away from using bulky paragraphs at all costs. it unnecessarily cramps up your resume and makes your content hard to read.
Use crisp one-liner points to communicate the details of your work experience. This improves the readability of your resume, thereby making it both ATS compatible and recruiter friendly.
Use the STAR Format
Now that you know how to improve the readability of your resume, let's move on to step 2 of optimizing this section.
Your work does not end with merely improving the readability of your resume. Why? because it only encourages a recruiter to read it. If your resume is not worth reading, it won't get shortlisted despite complete scrutiny of your resume.
So your goal here is to make every one-liner point count.
Following the STAR format helps you achieve this. Here's what it stands for:
- Situation: The situation/backdrop/context of your contributions
- Task: The actual task that was assigned to you
- Action: The strategy you used to execute the assigned task
- Result: The result/outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure
The STAR format helps you write an achievement-based resume. With it, you're giving a recruiter every reason to hire you because it helps you successfully show the visible results of your professional contribution.
Use power verbs
What are power verbs? They are action-packed terms or words that help you add a professional touch to your resume.
Use it to begin each one-liner point.
Here are some examples of commonly used power-packed power verbs to use in your resume:
Use Grouping & Highlighting
While drafting the details of your work experience and presenting it in this section, you will find that a lot of points are similar to each other.
To organize and present it effectively, group them under a unique subheading. This is called grouping. Doing this will communicate your key expertise area in one glance.
Similarly, to distinguish specific words/phrases in your work experience, mark it in bold. Doing this helps you draw the recruiter's attention to your key achievements and career highlights at each point.
Thus, the combination of grouping & highlighting helps you present information more effectively. Use it to optimize this section.
System Engineer Resume Sample for Professional Experience
For more information about this section, its importance, and resume tricks you can use to perfect it, read our Resume Professional Experience Blog.
Here's a system engineer resume sample showcasing the ideal professional experience section:
For more section-wise system engineer resume examples and samples, read on.
Are you doing enough to perfect your senior or junior system engineer resume? Is there more you can do to optimize it?
Find out the answers to all this and more from our expert Resume Strategists at Hiration.
Present your academic information in your System Engineer Resume
The education section is another must-have section of your system engineer job description resume. Here's what you should include in this section:
- University you graduated from.
- The name of your graduate course.
- University location.
- Dates of enrolment & graduation.
- GPA scores or Percentile (to be included only if you performed well)
Read our Resume Education Section Guide to get an in-depth understanding of this section.
Here's a system engineer resume sample showcasing the ideal education section for your resume.
For more section-wise system engineer resume examples like this, read on.
Get your hands on our Online Resume Builder to make an impeccable Linux system engineer resume, power system engineer resume, windows system engineer resume, etc.
Differentiate your core system engineer skills from your technical skills
Given below are the resume tips you should follow to curate the skills section of your system engineer job description resume:
- While curating this section, make sure that you make a distinct 'key skills' section to present all your system engineering skills.
- Make a 'technical skills' subsection to differentiate your technical expertise from your core system engineering skills.
|Key Skills||Technical Skills|
Read our Resume Skills Guide to learn more tips on how to effectively curate this section.
Here's a resume sample showcasing the perfect key skills section. It illustrated what your resume skills should look like when composed in this section.
In the meanwhile, get your existing senior or junior system engineer resume reviewed by our Resume Experts at Hiration.
Write a System Engineer Resume Summary if you have over 3 years of relevant experience
If you have over 3 years of relevant work experience in system engineering, write a System Engineer Resume Summary. While you're at it, follow the rules we have outlined below to perfect it:
- Keep it short and effective. Follow the 3-5 lines paragraph limit.
- Begin your summary statement with the years of your work experience followed by your profile title. Example: '5+ years experience Senior System Engineer....'.
- Highlight relevant achievements here as your system engineer resume summary should be achievement-based. This helps you draw attention to the value you have brought to your organization in the past.
- Write your resume summary at the end. It saves you time and eliminates the need for repeated revisions as you can instantly pick relevant points from the rest of your system engineer resume.
Get a better grip on this section with our Resume Summary Guide. It has an exhaustive compendium of the top tips you can follow to perfect this section.
Attached below is a system engineer resume sample to showcase your impeccable system engineer resume summary:
In the meanwhile, simplify the task of resume writing and make an impeccable resume summary with Hiration's Online Resume Builder.
Know what to include in your resume for system engineer fresher jobs
What we have covered so far shows you how to perfect your resume for a System Engineer who is already in the workforce.
We will now show you how to write an impeccable resume for fresh graduates and entry-level System Engineers who are looking to kickstart their careers with their first job.
Here are the must-have sections to include in your resume for system engineer freshers jobs:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
Since we have already covered this section, we won't cover it again.
Instead, we will now show you the key sections to include in addition to these must-have sections in your resume for system engineer fresher jobs:
When drafting the resume career objective for system engineer jobs, follow this mantra:
"Ask not what the recruiter can do for you, but what you can do for the recruiter".
Instead of highlighting a shopping list of the things you're looking for in your target organization, talk about the value you can deliver.
Highlighting relevant achievements & key skills in the system engineer resume objective is a fantastic way to do this.
They help you show that despite the lack of full-time experience in system engineering, you have the skills & the drive to thrive in this profession.
For a better understanding of this section, read our Resume Objectives Guide to learn the art of fashioning an impeccable resume objective.
If you're writing a resume for system engineer fresher jobs, you should present your internship details because chances are that you don't have any work experience.
Even if you don't have any internships, make sure that you do a relevant internship and present the information in your resume.
Just like the professional experience section, here are some points you can follow to optimize this section:
- Use one-liner points to present your internship details.
- Quantify your achievements wherever possible.
- Begin each point using a power verb.
- Group similar points under a unique heading.
- Mark relevant words/phrases in bold.
Read our Resume For Internships Guide to get a better understanding of this section.
Having relevant certifications give you an advantage over other applicants because it helps you show that you are industry-relevant.
It also helps you show that you are in touch with the latest industry trends.
So if you're looking for your first job or hoping to transition to a new job, pick up new certifications and present them in your resume.
Here's a list of the information to include in your system engineer job description resume:
- Certifications name
- Name of the certifying institute
- Location of the certifying institute
- Enrolment & completion dates
Read our Resume Certifications Guide to leverage this section.
System Engineer Resume DOC v/s System Engineer Resume PDF: Know which one to choose
You should download your system engineer resume in a PDF format, not a DOC format. Here's why:
- Sending a resume in PDF format assures that your employer receives your resume exactly as you see it on your screen.
- A PDF resume can not be altered. This means that nobody can meddle with your existing resume.
- Sending your resume in PDF format ensures that your formatting remains consistent throughout. In other words, it retains the structure of your resume.
- PDF format is compatible across all platforms.
System Engineer Resume Sample
What does a perfect system engineer resume look like?
Here's a system engineer resume sample showcasing resume perfection:
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Servers: Tomcat, JBoss, NGINX
- Automation software: Puppet, cfengine, Chef
- Languages: Perl, Ruby, Python
- Networking: OSI network layers, TCP/IP
- Monitored and managed 200+ installed systems & infrastructure and performed network troubleshooting
- Established, configured, tested and maintained operating systems, software, hardware and management tools
- Evaluated 400+ existing systems and rendered assistance to the IT staff to improve the overall performance by 17%
- Played a key role in developing customized 5+ software and hardware equipment with 99% accuracy
- Planned and implemented systems automation as required to increase the efficiency of operations by 25%
- Conceptualized and designed the security systems in place to maintain data safety
- Maintained & supervised the IT inventory and upgraded the company's systems, hardware & software
- Tested the performance of 5+ applications, identified solutions and liaised with the developers to implement those fixes
- Wrote & maintained custom scripts to increase system efficiency; achieved time savings of >500 person-hours/month
- Collaborated with data & project managers to understand systems & interacted with customers to determine their needs
- CompTIA A+ Certification | CompTIA | Feb '18
- GPA: 4/5
Template Used: Royal Blue Inverted
This system engineer resume template is available for use on our Online Resume Builder. All you have to do is sign up on our platform to edit or modify this template to suit your career trajectory.
To directly access this system engineer resume template, click on the sample above!
Use Hiration's Resume Services to perfect your Resume
Give your resume the professional touch it needs with Hiration's Resume Review Services:
- Resume Review Service
- Online Resume Builder
Resume Review Service
At Hiration, we review resumes in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- Global Compatibility
- Compliance with industry norms
- ATS Compliance
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
Hiration's Online Resume Builder comes with the below-mentioned features:
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
Here are the key takeaways of our System Engineer Resume 2023 Blog:
- Use the reverse chronological resume format to structure your resume. If you have career gaps, go for the combination resume format.
- Include the seven must-have resume sections to organize information in your system engineer job description resume.
- If you're writing a resume for system engineer fresher jobs, include relevant certifications to show your industry relevance, add internships, and write an objective statement (not a summary).
- Write your real full name as your resume header.
- Present your contact information correctly as recruiters use this to get in touch with you.
- Present your system engineering skills under a distinct section.
- Keep your system engineer resume summary short and crisp. Highlight your relevant system engineering achievements in it.
- Write the system engineer resume objective if you have less than 3 years of relevant work experience in system engineering.
- Perfect the professional experience & internship section at all costs. Use points to enhance their readability. Quantify your achievements wherever you can. Use grouping & highlighting to diver the recruiter's attention to your key expertise areas and achievements within each point.
- Use power verbs to begin each one-liner point.
- Use a system engineer resume pdf format to save & send your resume document to the recruiter.
With this, you have reached the end of this blog.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.