If you're wondering how to mention node JS in resume and how to perfect it, we have the answers.
In this blog, we will help you revolutionize your Node JS Resume and optimize it for shortlists using tried & tested resume hacks.
From section-wise explanations to section-wise node JS resume examples - we have left no stones unturned to help you perfect your node JS resume.
Here's a summary of our Node JS Resume 2020 Blog:
- Provide your contact details & double-check it for spelling errors before sending the final draft of your node JS resume to a hiring organization.
- Add relevant certification details in your resume. It helps you show that you are doing what it takes to upskill and stay industry-relevant.
- Keep your summary or objective statement limited to a 3-5 lines paragraph. Make the most of it by highlighting relevant achievements.
- Give a link to your website and work portfolio to show real-life examples of your work. This helps a recruiter see your achievements & expertise first-hand.
That's not all.
The resume tips we have mentioned above barely scratches the surface of what you should do to make the best node js resume that is worthy of a shortlist.
So here is our pick of the top 8 resume tips you should follow to achieve resume perfection for your Node JS Resume:
- Choose the right Node JS Resume Format
- Use sections to organize and improve the readability of your Node JS Resume
- Perfect the Header, Personal Information, and Profile Title
- Optimize the Professional Experience Section to prove your node JS expertise
- Provide basic education details to communicate your academic qualifications
- Present your node JS skills using a distinct 'key skills' section
- Conclude your resume with an impeccable summary statement
- Use Hiration's Resume Services
Implementing the above-mentioned tips will go a long way in helping you impress an interviewer - as long as you do it right!
So read on to learn the do's and don'ts of resume perfection.
If you'd like a quick fix to your problems, Hiration’s Online Resume Builder is here to give you the resume help you need.
With 250+ pre-designed resume examples & profile-based resume templates, our platform is designed to help you perfect your existing node js resume.
Moving on, here's a list of the topics we have covered in this blog:
Choose the right Node JS Resume Format
Choosing the right resume format for your Node JS Resume is important. It helps you draw attention to those aspects of your career trajectory that you want to showcase.
For example, the chronological resume format is time-based. What makes this resume format extra special is its widely accepted usage. This format is the norm for resume writing & most recruiters are familiar with it too.
It is considered ideal for professionals in different stages of their careers. As long as you don't have employment gaps, we recommend this node JS resume format for you.
At poles apart is the functional resume format which follows a skill-based approach to organizing & structuring resumes. While considered ideal for professionals who have jumped jobs too frequently and those with career gaps, we do not recommend it as it is not recruiter friendly or ATS compatible.
Similarly, we also recommend the combination resume format. This type of resume format puts equal weightage on the timeline of your career trajectory and your skillsets. This is a one size fits all resume format for all professionals including those with gaps in their career.
Node JS Resume Sample
In this blog, we will help you write a resume as impeccable as this Node JS Resume Sample:
Template used: Traditional Maroon
For those of you who are interested in editing & download this pre-designed node js resume template, click on the above sample.
Doing this will direct you to this template on our Online Resume Builder where you can sign up to access this template for free!
Use sections to organize and improve the readability of your Node JS Resume
Organizing your Node JS Resume using sections helps you achieve two things:
- It helps you present information effectively
- It improves the readability of your node js resume
These two things are important because it makes it easy for recruiters to understand the content of your resume, thus encouraging them to evaluate it.
Long story short: use resume sections.
Here are 7 must-have sections that you should include in your resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
While curating your node js resume, you need to have these sections at all costs. In addition to this, you can also include the following sections if you have more information to showcase:
- Projects & Training
- Volunteering Experience
If you don't want to go through the trouble of making resume sections in your node js resume, use our Online Resume Builder.
It comes with a huge library of pre-filled resume templates and a pre-designed & perfected node js resume template that you can personalize to suit your career trajectory and specific qualifications.
Perfect the Header, Personal Information, and Profile Title
We will now discuss the first three sections of your node JS resume & outline basic node js resume points that you should implement to perfect them, namely:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
The header is the first section of your node JS resume.
We have curated a list of 3 node js resume points that you should follow to perfect your resume header:
- Rule #1: Don't use a generic term like 'CV' or 'Resume' to label your node JS resume. That your resume is a resume is self-explanatory. It does not need to be explicitly outlined.
- Rule #2: Write your real full name in the topmost part of your resume. Doing this will tell a recruiter that the resume belongs to you in one go. It will also reduce the chance of resume misplacement.
- Rule #3: Write your resume header in the largest font size of 16-20 points. This will ensure that your identity does not go unnoticed.
Are you wondering what the resume header should look like in your node JS resume?
Here's a node js resume sample illustrating the perfect header:
This is a snapshot of the header of a node js resume template that we have designed using our Online Resume Builder.
You can use our platform to curate an impeccable node js developer resume that is designed for shortlist success.
With features like section-wise analysis & recommendations, overall skill analysis, text prediction, one-click design change, and much more; resume perfection is guaranteed with our Online Resume Building Platform.
Don't wait. Get your hands on it now!
Do you know what the personal information sections of your resume are?
It is the second section where you include important information such as:
- Your updated mobile number for telephonic interviews & communication.
- Your email ID for official communication & collaboration.
- Your current Location in city/state code format to communicate your current place of residence.
Hiration Pro Tip: Don't include details like your gender, sexual orientation, race, age, ethnicity, etc. unless explicitly stated in the resume guidelines of your country for employment as it might lead to biased hiring.
Read our Guide to Curating the Resume Contact Information to learn the do's and don'ts of the personal information section of your resume.
Here's a node js resume sample showcasing a well composed personal information section:
For more node JS resume examples like this, read on.
If you're wondering if you're correctly following the rules of resume writing where this section is concerned or if you should add or omit information, get informed advice from our Resume Strategists using our Resume Review Service.
The profile title is the third section of your node js developer resume. It is also a must-have section which means you should include it in your resume.
The profile title because it communicates these details:
- Your current or last job designation.
- Your functional industry.
- Your seniority level.
- Your expected salary/income.
Given its importance, it is crucial to accurately present this information. Putting a job title that is not yours can lead to loss of credibility so don't even try it!
To ensure that a recruiter sees it the instant he/she evaluates your node js developer resume, compose it in second-largest font size preferably 14-16 points.
Here's a node js resume sample showing an accurately presented profile title for a Node JS Developer:
In the meanwhile, we strongly advise you to go all out on our AI-powered Online Resume Builder. It comes with pre-arranged section headers that are pre-sized in the ideal size, saving you the time and the hassle of doing it yourself!
Moreover, our resume building platform supports a quick js resume download of your resume in both PDF & WORD format.
Optimize the Professional Experience Section to prove your node JS expertise
If you're wondering how to write node js in resume or where to put node js in resume, then this is it. The professional experience section of your node js developer resume is where it should go.
This section is the heart and soul of your node js developer resume. It is the legs on which your resume stands.
It is also your one-way ticket to proving your suitability for your target job. After all, it not only helps you show the organizations you have worked at, the work you have done, your job designation, the duration of your association with each organization; but your visible achievements too.
All these factors combined help a recruiter take a judgment call on whether you'll be the right fit for the job vacancy.
So your job before you get the job is to perfect this section at all costs. Here are three tips to help you do it.
- Tip #1: Use one-liner points
- Tip #2: Begin each point with a power verb
- Tip #3: Outline your achievements & quantify them
- Tip #4: Highlight important words & phrases in bold
- Tip #5: Group similar points under a unique heading
Use one-liner points
This section is where the details of your work experience go. It is the resting place for your roles & responsibilities.
The question is this:
Do you present your work-centric information using one-liner points? or do you do it using one-liner points?
We recommend the use of one-liner points to communicate this information because it improves the readability of this section.
On the contrary, when you use paragraphs to communicate your work-centric information, it makes your resume unnecessarily bulky. This negatively impacts the readability of your information. When your resume is hard to read, an ATS recruitment software struggles to parse it as it cannot read it.
Thus we advise you to strictly use one-liner points. It makes your resume both reader-friendly and ATS compatible.
Begin each point with a power verb
What are power verbs? They are action-packed words.
Why are they important? They are important because it helps you add a tone of professionalism to the nature of the work you have done.
Instead of using words like 'managed', we advise you to use these power verbs: 'Spearheaded', 'Directed', 'Organized', 'Executed', etc.
Outline your achievements & quantify them
In this section, giving a bland account of your everyday roles & responsibilities is not enough. That you can do node.js development is a given. That you can work with basic tools to execute your work is expected. This does interest a recruiter.
Instead. what a recruiter is interested in is your skill proficiency. How good are you at what you do? What have you achieved using your skills?
The recruiter seeks to find the answers to these questions in the professional section of your node js developer resume.
Thus, we advise you to outline your achievements. Show how your node.js development skills help you achieve a company goal. Moreover, quantify your achievements wherever possible. Even a ballpark figure will do.
Highlight important words & phrases using bolding
We spoke about the importance of presenting your achievements & quantifying them. Doing this help you communicate your proficiency.
But sadly, this is not enough.
In a pool of unending information, how will a recruiter identify what your chief achievements are?
Moreover, what if a recruiter abandons your resume mid-way and decides to not evaluate your work details all the way through?
This is a real possibility. Key communication points such as your achievements will be lost in translation if this happens.
So your job is to make it easy for a recruiter to instantly identify your achievements & key career highlight in each point. Marking them in bold can help.
This simple method is called bolding. By marking relevant words & phrases in bold, you can easily direct the recruiter's attention to that place in your resume where you want them to focus their attention.
Sounds neat? There's one more tip to go!
Group similar points under a unique heading
We spoke about the importance of using one-liner points. You now know that it improves the readability of your node js resume.
However, you'll find that when you put multiple one-liner points together, it fails to make the desired impact. While easy on the eyes, it becomes difficult to instantly pinpoint important information such as your key expertise area.
This is why you should group similar points under a unique heading. This is called bucketing. Doing this will tell a recruiter what your key expertise areas & key roles & responsibilities are.
Moreover, by reading the bucket headings, recruiters can focus their attention on those aspects of your work experience that suits your target profile. Moreover, it saves time, and optimizes your resume too!
It is a win-win!
Node JS Resume Sample for Professional Experience
The node js resume points or tips that we have outlined above are designed to help you perfect this section. Follow it with
For a better understanding of this section, read our Resume Professional Experience Guide. It deep dives into an in-depth explanation of what you can do to perfect this section.
Here's a node js resume sample showcasing a perfectly composed professional experience section:
For more section-wise node js resume examples like this, read on.
In the meanwhile, get expert resume advice on your existing node js developer resume from our Resume Experts at Hiration.
Our Resume Review Service is designed to give you the resume help you need via a dedicated evaluation of your resume using relevant parameters.
Provide basic education details to communicate your academic qualifications
Recruiters want to know which universities you have gone to, if you fulfill the basic educational criteria for the job, etc. It helps if you have majored in a subject in your niche as it helps you apply for senior roles.
In other words, your educational background matters.
Here's what you should put in the education section of your node js developer resume:
- Name of the school/university you have attended.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
- Enrolment and graduation dates in month & year format.
Refer to Hiration's Guide on how to list education on your resume to read an exhaustive guide on how to correctly curate the education section.
Here's a node js resume sample showcasing the perfect education section:
This is a screenshot of the education section of the node js resume template that we have designed using our Online Resume Builder.
Our platform enables a quick & effortless node js resume download of your resume in both PDF & WORD format to give you the best node js resume in the format of your choosing.
Present your node JS skills using a distinct 'key skills' section
Your node JS skills matters.
Recruiters should be able to identify them when they lay their eyes on your node js developer resume. So your job before you get the job of your dreams is to make your resume recruiter-friendly.
To make your skills easy to locate, make a distinct 'Key Skills' section, and dump all your node JS skills in it. After you do this, make a 'technical skills' subsection within this section to illustrate your technical proficiency and tool knowledge.
Pro Tip: Do not use phrases like 'experienced in' or 'expertise in' to endorse your node JS skills.
Does this sound too confusing?
If it does, read our Resume Guide on what skills to put on a resume to get better clarity on this section.
Here's a node js resume sample showcasing a perfectly composed key skills section:
Are you doing what it takes to perfect this section?
Should you go for a node js resume download in PDF or word format?
Find the answers to all these questions and more by consulting with our Resume Experts at Hiration using our Resume Review Service.
Conclude your resume with an impeccable summary statement
Now that we have covered all major sections, we will now show you how to perfect the final section i.e. the summary.
You cannot make the best node js resume if the summary falls short of perfection.
So here's our curated list of things you should do to curate an impeccable Node JS Resume Summary:
- Write a summary only if you have over 3 years of relevant work experience in node.js development. IF you don't, write an objective statement.
- Do not exceed the 5 lines paragraph limit. An excessively long summary fails to create the desired impact on the recruiter as you run the risk of losing the interest of the recruiter.
- Given how recruiters spend an average of 6 seconds on a resume, it is important that you keep the summary crisp, to the point, and effective. You can accomplish this by presenting your career highlights & achievements to show to a recruiter that you have what it takes to bring value to their organization.
- Compose the resume summary at the end. This
Read our resume summary guide to learn how to write an impactful summary for resumes.
Attached below is a resume sample showcasing the ideal resume summary for your node js developer resume:
In the meanwhile, simplify the task of resume writing to make best node js resume
with our Online Resume Builder.
Use Hiration's Resume Services
At Hiration, we believe in empowering professionals and helping them meet their dream job. How do we do this? By arming them with tools they can use to perfect & transform their resumes into a shortlist-worthy document.
If you don't want to curate your resume by yourself, you can make use of our two services:
- Resume Review Service
- Online Resume Builder
Resume Review Service
With us, our in-house Resume Strategists will review your resume in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters to help you achieve your career goals.
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Content Relevance
- Design Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Conversion Scope
- Compliance with industry norms
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
Our Online Resume Builder comes with an illustrious selection of premium features such as:
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF & Word downloads
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
Thank you for making it to the end.
Here's a list of the key takeaways of our Node JS Resume 2020 Blog:
- Use the reverse chronological resume format if you have a steady uninterrupted career trajectory. Use the functional resume format if you have career gaps.
- Use the 7 must-have resume sections to organize information and improve the presentation & readability of your node js resume.
- Mark all dates in the month & year format.
- Mark all locations in the city/state code format.
- Outline your node JS skills using a distinct section. Differentiate your technical skills from your core node JS skills by making a 'technical skills' subsection within the 'key skills' section.
- Keep the summary statement restricted to a 5 lines paragraph. Highlight relevant Node JS Achievements in it.
- Mention your basic contact details & do it accurately. A spelling error can keep an interested recruiter from getting in touch, so cross-check for spelling mistakes before sending the final draft to a hiring manager.
- Communicate your work experience details using one-liner points.
- Begin each point with a power verb. Example: Directed, Executed, Administered, etc.
- Highlight relevant words & phrases in bold to draw the recruiter's attention to it.
- Present your education details. Leave out your GPA or percentile details if you don't have a high GPA or percentile.
We hope that you were able to learn from this Node JS Resume Blog. Implement each step and you'll have the best node js resume to your name.
For more details, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - We look forward to it!