How do I become a WordPress developer in 2021?
We are here to help all the aspirants having similar questions in mind. WordPress being the easiest and cheapest measure to build a website is popular across the entire globe.
Numerous individuals are trying to get a wordpress web developer job every day. Looking at the drastic competition, you must remember that you will only be a part of the crowd without an impactful wordpress developer resume.
Making a wordpress resume can be a pain in your head. We are here to help you out in making a fine wordpress developer resume as per the latest standards.
Here are the summary points of this entire wordpress developer resume blog to give you an overview of the entire content piece:
- Check out all the roles and responsibilities of a wordpress developer in 2021
- Create a wordpress developer resume with crisp and concise language to attain your targeted profile
- Use bullet points to showcase your everything apart from summary in the resume
- Format your wordpress resumes in an impactful manner and get your desired wordpress opportunity
- Write a cover letter addressing all your skills, experience, and achievements
- Showcase your key skills and technical skills separately for better understanding
- Get all the details about the interview process of a wordpress developer job opportunity
You can get your target profile with an appropriate web development resume made under the guidance of industry experts.
Here are some basic yet important questions we tried to clear out in this blog:
- What are the responsibilities of a wordpress developer?
- What are the skills required for a wordpress developer?
- How do I write wordpress resumes?
- How to write a cover letter for your wordpress developer resume?
Additionally, you can also leverage Hiration's Online Resume Builder to make a fascinating wordpress developer resume in some easy steps.
Wordpress Developer Job Description
To get a wordpress developer opportunity as per your expertise and experience, you must check out the detailed requirements in the wordpress developer job description.
Wordpress is expanding its arms every day and companies are still learning to use it appropriately for exponential growth.
Hence, you must check out the wordpress developer bio along with skills as well as experience required by the company to see if you are a better fit for it.
What is a Wordpress Developer
Img Src: Payscale
A wordpress developer should have a deep understanding of its working and algorithms. According to a recent study by Payscale, an entry level web developer with wordpress skills earn naerly $43k per year. Generally, Wordpress developers create custom plugins for the platform that can be used by a company or other professionals.
Wordpress developers play a vital role in numerous IT companies. Here are some niches in which Wordpress developers can try their fate out:
- Graphic Design Agencies
- Marketing and Design Firms
- Web Design Consulting Firms (Non-Digital and Digital)
- Computer Systems Design Companies
- Web Hosting Companies
- Freelancer or Self-Employed
You can also use Hiration's Online Resume Builder to make a wordpress developer resume for your desired wordpress developer job.
How to Build a Wordpress Developer Resume
An effective wordpress developer resume can help you in getting your desired job opportunity. However, building a web developer resume is certainly not a piece of cake.
To make the process simpler, here we are elaborating on some easy steps that help you in making an impactful wordpress developer resume:
- Create a Master Folder
First, you have to create a master folder having all of your required documents and information related to your experience, expertise, and education to grab a wordpress developer job.
- Build The First Draft
In the second step, you should create the first draft of your resume having all the authentic information stored in the master folder.
The first draft will include Header, Title, Personal Information, Professional Experience, Certifications, Education, Awards & Recognition, and any additional information that you think can make an impact.
- Develop Final Copy
Finally, you can proofread it and create the final copy. In the final copy, you will need to add your professional skills and an objective/summary with an eye-catchy and easy to read language.
The Wordpress Developer Resume Sections
Grabbing a job opportunity is not an easy task in this highly competitive era. You are surrounded by a lot of individuals having similar skills and education. Hence, your resume remains the only thing that can create an impact.
You must create your resume highlighting all of your details, skills, experience, education, and expertise. Here are the wordpress developer resume sections that you can add to your resume to give it a modernized outlook.
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
- Project (s)
- Certifications (If any)
- Additional Information (If any)
- Awards & Recognition (If any)
Take a look at Hiration's Onlien Resume Builder that can help you in making a perfect wordpress developer resume to kickstart or grow in the website development niche.
Wordpress Developer Resume Header
Header is the first element that everyone will notice in your wordpress developer resume. Hence it must be attractive and represented in an easy-to-read format.
Check out these below-given points to make your wordpress developer resume header attractive.
- Place it at the top of your wordpress developer resume
- Use 16-20 font size to make your wordpress developer header
- Use only the initial letter of your middle name with a period
Wordpress Developer Resume Personal Information
As its name suggests, this section includes all of the essential personal information for the recruiter.
All of these details must be showcased clearly in your wordpress resume. Here are some details that are essential for your wordpress web developer resume:
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Current Location
- LinkedIn Profile Link
- GitHub Profile link
- Website (If any)
Wordpress Developer Resume Profile Title
It is the section where you mention the role you are applying for. It must be clearly visible in the resume hence you should use the second-largest font size of the resume after Heading i.e. 14-16.
Having issues, you can use Hiration's Online Resume Builder to build a wordpress Developer Resume without any hustle.
Wordpress Developer Resume Skills
You can showcase your skills and expertise in this section to stand out from the crowd of your competitors. You must enter all of your skills addressing the requirements mentioned in the wordpress developer job description.
Check out some of the most impactful skills for a wordpress developer:
|Technical Skills||Soft Skills|
|Agile Software Development||Research|
|Debugging and Regression Testing||Creativity|
We highly recommend you to pay more attention to technical skills than soft skills. The recruiter will hire majorly based on your technical skills and work experience.
Wordpress Developer Resume Professional Experience
It is the most noticeable section of your wordpress developer resume. You must enter all of your previous work experience along with your roles and responsibilities in the previous companies in this section.
This section should make your recruiter believe that you are the perfect fit for the company. To make this happen, you need to showcase your professional experience in an attractive yet descriptive manner. Here are some points that can help you in designing this section:
- Use bullet points instead of lengthy and boring paragraphs
- Use STAR format (S- Situation, T- Task, A- Action, R- Result) to showcase your work experience.
- Group similar tasks and highlight your actions performed in them.
Here we are showcasing an example of a correct and an incorrect professional experience section:
Incorrect Professional Experience Section
- Worked as a wordpress developer for the outsourcing projects of company
- Used to develop Wordpress plugins required by the company
- Analyze live websites and improve their performance
- Performed testing for quality assurance
Correct Professional Experience Section
- Designed 5+ web pages and applications that increased user satisfaction by an average of 15%
- Coordinating with clients to determine project scope & timelines while delivering projects within budget
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams and delivered 10+ mission-critical projects worth millions successfully
Website Testing & Performance Management:
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins while liaising with the content team for troubleshooting content issues
- Conducting website performance tests as part of ensuring 100% quality and zero defects
- Monitoring the performance of live websites to ensure high-performance and orchestrating all technical aspects of the CMS
Website Design & Server Integration:
- Performing a critical role in meeting with clients to discuss website design & functions, and adhering to their requests
- Designing and monitoring the website back-end including database and server integration
Wordpress Developer Resume Project (s)
This section can be a bonus for you if used well. As its name suggested, you can showcase the list of projects you built during your professional journey. Here are some points that will help you in decorating this section to make an impact:
- Use bullet points
- List the technology used to complete that project
Check out Hiration's Online Resume Builder for expert assistance in building your wordpress developer resume perfectly.
Wordpress Developer Resume Education
As its name suggests, you must add your education degrees in the education section. All you need is a technical degree education to leverage this part for becoming a wordpress developer.
You can also showcase your course modules along with a degree to shed some light on your knowledge and expertise. Here are some courses that are compatible with this career niche:
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
These are some courses that can help you in getting a web developer job. However, you can also apply for wordpress developer jobs with similar education degrees.
Wordpress Developer Resume Certifications
Showcasing additional certifications apart from your education and work experience can boost up your chances of getting shortlisted. Here you can mention all the certification names that you have attained during your work journey.
- Wordpress Manager Certification
- Wordpress Administrator Certification
- Wordpress Theme Development With Bootstrap
- Wordpress Developer Certification
- Ultimate Wordpress Plugin Course
You can choose any course similar to these aforementioned certification courses to strengthen the technical part of your wordpress developer resume. You can get these certifications online without any hurdles.
Wordpress Developer Resume Additional Information
This is the section, where you can showcase your additional skills or information that you want to highlight. It can be anything like language, volunteer experience, etc.
However, you must keep in mind that the information mentioned in this section must be somehow beneficial for the company you are applying for. Here are some additional information elements that you can add to your resume:
- Awards & Honors
- Personal interests
- Language proficiency
Wordpress Developer Resume Awards & Recognition
You can showcase the stardom and limelight you got throughout your work period. This section will make your wordpress developer resume sparkle. You can add all the awards and recognitions gained by your previous employers.
Take a look at Hiration's Online Resume Builder to make a highly impactful freelance web developer resume. You can also check out our web developer resume templates to get desired results.
Wordpress Developer Resume Summary / Objective
A summary is the concise description of your entire wordpress developer resume. If you are an entry-level developer, you will have to name it ‘Objective’, which will include your skillset and education.
On the other hand, if you are an experienced developer, you will have to name it ‘Summary’, which will include your experience, skillset, and education. Here are some points that you must keep in mind while making a summary or objective.
- You can write a summary only if you have at least 3 years of work experience
- Write objective if you are an entry-level wordpress developer
- The content must be crisp, attractive, and easy to understand for an undistracted attention
- Add as many keywords as you can, related to the niche you are applying to, for example, for wordpress developers you can add development, C, C++, Testing, software, website development, etc.
4+ years experienced website development professional armed with an undergraduate degree in computer engineering and possessing a prolific track record of championing backend and frontend operations of the website. Adept at coordinating with clients and adhering to their requirements as part of planning, designing, and delivering WordPress website development projects within time and budget. Collaborating with the team to design website themes, plugins, and identifying & troubleshooting defects.
Cover Letter For Wordpress Developer Resume
Being a job seeker in this highly competitive environment is undeniably a hustling task. Hence, you need more than just a wordpress developer resume to get your target job.
We are here talking about a cover letter. It not only gives your employer an overview of your entire resume but also adds a professional touch to your job application. Here are some points you should keep in mind while making a wordpress developer cover letter.
- Use just 3 paragraphs to make your wordpress developer cover letter
- Initiate with an interesting hook (for eg. you can showcase your best moment or the highest achievement in your work journey)
- In the second paragraph, you can showcase your employer names
- Lastly, you can showcase your quality that made everyone satisfied with your work
- Your entire cover letter must be of 300-350 words
Pro Tips For Wordpress Developer Resume
You need to make your wordpress developer resume clear, well-formatted, and attractive enough to grab the eye of your recruiter. Check out the following tips that can help you in making your resume like a pro:
- Keep your summary short, crisp, and filled with relevant keywords
- Highlight all your technical skills
- Elaborate on your roles and responsibilities too in the work experience section
- Add course modules or major subjects in your education section
- Highlight your career achievements
- Add awards and additional highlights
Moreover, we have also made a separate blog on Do's and Don’ts that can be followed while making your wordpress developer resume.
Wordpress Developer Review at Hiration
We, at hiration, are pledged to help you in getting your target job in this drastically competitive marketplace.
Hiration is a team of experts who help people throughout the hiring process. Most importantly, we make your resume impactful enough to make you stand out of the crowd.
These are some parameters on which our experts check out your resume and make it better for desired results:
- Design Compatibility
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Conversion Scope
- ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) Compliance
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
We have also introduced a digital tool named Hiration Online Resume Builder that can be leveraged to build attractive resumes without any hustle. We have numerous wordpress resume templates to help you in getting your desired job.
Wordpress Developer Sample Resume
Wordpress Developer Interview Questions
To help you a bit more for your interview process, here are some niche related questions that might be asked by the recruiter:
- What software requirements do you need to run Wordpress?
Here are the software requirements you need to address before running Wordpress in your system:
- MySQL version 5.6 or MariaDB version10.0 or greater
- PHP version 7.2 or greater
- Any server that supports PHP and MySQL
- HTTPS Support
- What is the difference between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org?
The difference between these two similar-looking platforms is Host. By using Wordpress.org, you will need to host your website. On the other hand, at Wordpress.com, the company hosts your website.
- What is the process of developing a Wordpress plugin?
Here are some basic steps to create a plugin at Wordpress:
- Come up with a unique name
- Create a plugin folder along with a subfolder for all the PHP files
- Develop the main plugin file
- Build all the functions for activation and deactivation
- Develop an uninstall script along with a readme.txt file
- What should you do if your Wordpress website gets hacked?
In case any wordpress website gets hacked, you should follow the below-given steps:
- Install a security plugin (for eg. WP security)
- Re-install the latest WP version
- Change your user-ids and passwords for all the users
- Ensure that all of your themes and plugins are up-to-date.
- Which type of people should not use Wordpress?
Here are the type of individuals, who are not recommended to use Wordpress:
- People working on non-CMS based projects
- People desiring for complex or innovative e-commerce platform
- People looking for an enterprise intranet solution
- People, who want custom scripting solutions
Highlights of Wordpress Developer Resume Blog
Check out the highlighting points of this blog, by which you will get the juice of this entire explanation:
- Collect all the essential documents, information, and certifications required to make your detailed wordpress developer resume
- Use crisp and clear language in the entire resume
- Enter as many keywords and technical skills as you can, related to your niche in the resume
- Send it along with a cover letter for a better impression
These are some highlights of this blog. However, it is highly recommended to go through the entire wordpress developer resume blog for better results.
We have elaborated on every point for how you can get a wordpress developer job without any extra stress in your head.
Still, if you need any kind of assistance while making your wordpress developer resume or wordpress developer cover letter, you can reach us out at email@example.com.