Click here to directly go to the complete JS Developer resume sample.
How to make a React JS Developer resume that not only stands out on its own but also grips the recruiter?
Have you optimized your React js developer resume for your dream job in a top company? Do you know what it takes to optimize it for an interview shortlist?
If you don't, you have landed in the right place.
Let's learn how to curate an impeccable React js developer resume from scratch. Trust us, it won't take long!
Speaking of perfection, here are the broad areas we'll cover in this guide to crafting a shortlist-worthy React JS developer resume:
- Is React js a good career?
- How do I write a resume for a React js developer?
- How to highlight your React JS Developer experience in your resume?
- What skills should a react developer have?
- Should you create a resume summary or an objective?
- What should a developer resume include?
Why You Need an ATS-Compliant React JS Developer Resume
Did you know that an average resume does not reach a human recruiter before it is parsed by an Applicant Tracking Software (ATS)?
The popularity of React.js is higher than other frameworks, making it a very promising career. Most companies have begun to invest in specific roles that require proficiency in this tool.
This ATS is relevant to us today because most technical recruiting teams rely on this software for preliminary screening. This means that your React js developer resume should be ATS-compatible to stand a chance of getting shortlisted.
How will your technical proficiency fare when you don't even get a chance to showcase it before the recruiter?
How to Organize Your React JS Developer Resume
Now that you know how to approach resume writing, we will now discuss the resume sections you should use to organize information in your resume for React js developer jobs.
Here are the 7 must-have resume sections:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
If you have more information to put in your React js experience resume, you can compile them under these resume sections:
- Training & Certifications
- Awards & Recognition
- Volunteering Experience
To avoid the hassle of curating resume sections on your own, use Hiration's resume builder. It has an in-built React js resume template with pre-arranged sections that are positioned right where they should be.
Moreover, you can use it as the perfect reference to draft an impeccable React js experience resume that is earmarked for perfection.
How to start your React JS Developer resume?
The resume header, profile title, and personal information sections are the first three sections you should compose in your React js resume.
Create a React Resume Header
The resume header is the first section of your React js sample resume. Traditionally, it is what you write at the absolute top of your resume.
If you have been including a generic 'CV' or 'Resume' as your resume header in the past, stop right away. Instead, write your full name.
Moving on, here's a React js resume sample illustrating the ideal resume header for your React js developer resume.
Also Read: How to draft an industry-standard header
Cover Contact Information in Your React JS Resume
The personal information section of your React js sample resume should ideally consist of:
- Functional mobile number
- Professional Email ID
- Current Location
- Link to websites
In case you're curious, here's a React js resume sample demonstrating the personal information section:
Also Read: How many contact details should you include
Add a Profile Title to Your React JS Developer Resume
The profile title is the third section of your React js sample resume. Here's why it's important:
- It communicates your current/last-held job title.
- It communicates your functional industry or area of expertise.
- It communicates your seniority level.
- It communicates your potential income.
All this information just goes on to show that you need to correctly write your profile title in your React js resume.
So if you are a React JS Developer, write your profile title as it is. Example: 'React JS Developer'.
Do not oversell yourself while writing your profile title because recruiters may consider it to be false advertisement for your professional status.
And while doing so, ensure that you present yourself at the level where you rightfully belong as a developer.
Additionally, we advise you to write your profile title in the second-largest font text, preferably 14-16 points.
Here's an example of a React js resume sample illustrating a correctly written profile title for a React Developer:
Highlight Key Points in Your React JS Developer Resume
When recruiters browse through your resume, they evaluate three key sections:
- Professional Experience
- Key Skills
Spruce Up Your Professional Experience Section
The professional experience section is the heart and soul of your React js developer resume.
This is where you include work-centric information such as the places you have worked, the job titles you have held, the duration of your work, and the nature of your responsibilities/projects.
All this put together helps you show your skill levels and expertise. These go on to decide if you be able to thrive in a new organization and if you will be able to execute the roles assigned to you.
As such, this section is incredibly important.
To make an impact on the recruiter, you have to perfect this section at all costs. Here are three ways you can achieve this:
- Frame one-liner points, not paragraphs
- Use the STAR format to optimize each point
- Use grouping & highlighting to enhance the overall effectiveness
Framing points simply means using one-liner points to communicate the details of your work experience. Here's why you should use it:
- Paragraphs make your resume look bulky and cluttered. It also makes your content hard to read and harder to comprehend.
- On the contrary, using one-liner points is considered a better alternative to using paragraphs. It is reader-friendly and helps you communicate information effectively.
- A recruiter will not read your resume in totality if it is not reader-friendly.
- Moreover, using one-liner points also makes it easier for an ATS to parse your resume as it can be easily read & interpreted by the recruitment software.
Now that you know how to enhance the readability of this section, we will teach you how to optimize each one-liner point to make your resume worth reading.
Giving a bland statement of your everyday roles & responsibilities will not help you strike gold with the recruiter. To impress him/her, you need to do more.
This is where the STAR format comes in.
This is what it stands for:
- Situation: The situation/backdrop/context of your contributions
- Task: The actual task that was assigned to you
- Action: The strategy you used to execute the assigned task
- Result: The result/outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure
Instead of formulating your statements in this manner:
- Debugged codes & improved software
Rephrase it and present it in your resume in the following way:
- Debugged application codes and improved interface software to improve functionality and performance by 50%
Grouping & Highlighting
Next comes grouping & highlighting.
Simply put, it means grouping similar one-liner points and grouping them under unique titles or groups.
Doing this communicates your key responsibility & expertise areas to the recruiter in one glance.
Highlighting means to bold relevant words/phrases by marking them stand out.
Highlighting words or achievement figures can easily draw the recruiter's attention to them as they stand out when they're marked in bold.
The feisty combination of grouping & highlighting thus helps you present information more effectively. It makes your otherwise long resume seem more legible and palatable.
Always remember that you need to introduce yourself as the best applicant for the targeted job profile through your resume to the recruiters.
Here's a React js resume example showcasing a perfectly composed professional experience section:
Also Read: Draft a recruiter-friendly work experience section
Key Skills Section of Your React JS Developer Resume
The key skills section is the second key section of your React js developer resume. Just like the professional experience section, this too needs to be perfect at all costs.
By creating a separate section for your react JS developer skills you make it easier for recruiters to identify your potential.
Here are some of the key skills that a recruiter looks for in a React js resume points:
|Front-end Architecture||Graphic Designing|
|Wireframe & Design||Webpage Designing|
Some of the technical skills that you should include in your React js resume points:
|React Tools:||React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, Flux|
|Performance Testing Frameworks:||Mocha, Jest|
|Front-end Development tools:||Babel, Webpack, NPM|
It is important because your React JD skills make you the professional that you are. It is inevitably one of the first things that a recruiter looks for in your resume.
Why? Because a recruiter wants to know if you meet the skill criteria mentioned in the JD for that particular job vacancy.
Thus, it is your job to make it easier for a recruiter to locate your React js skills in your resume. If they are not able to locate it in one go, they might lose interest in further evaluating your resume. Trust us, you do not want that.
Here's a React js resume example showcasing the perfect key skills section for your React js developer resume:
Also Read: How can you find industry-specific skills for your resume?
Add a Summary/Objective of Your React JS Developer Resume
Should you write a React js resume professional summary or an objective?
Let's find out:
- If you have 3 years of relevant work experience, write a React js resume professional summary.
- If you have zero to less than three years of relevant work experience, write an objective statement.
Whether you're writing a React js resume professional summary or objective, you need to perfect it at all costs. Given the fact that it gives an overview of your career trajectory, you need to make it crisp and effective.
You need to convey that you are the best fit for the job through the React js resume professional summary or objective. Here are some tips that you can implement:
- Compose the React js resume professional summary or objective at the end.
- This helps you scan through your resume and work experience in one go which means that it makes it easy to pick your career highlights easily.
- Moreover, taking this approach also minimizes the scope of repeated correction. Since you have all the data with you, your only job here is to pick relevant points and present them effectively.
- Since the React js resume professional summary or objective is more like an expertise statement, keep it short. We advise you to stick to a 3-5 lines paragraph summary or objective.
Attached below is a React js resume example showcasing a perfectly written React js resume professional summary:
Also Read: How to create an eye-catching resume summary to hook recruiters
Add Academic Details to Demonstrate Your Theoretical Knowledge
Like it or not, learning begins in school. And what nobody tells you is this:
No matter how old you grow, or how many places you have worked for; your educational background & qualifications will always stay relevant. You will be expected to present your academic information in your React JS developer resume.
So make an 'education' section in your resume and fill it with the following details:
- Your school/university name.
- Dates of enrollment & graduation.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
Here's a React js resume example showcasing a perfectly composed education section:
Also Read: What is the best way to list your educational details?
React JS Developer Resume: Certifications
In addition to the education section, you can also include the certifications section to present any relevant certifications or online courses you may have done.
- Adding the certification section helps you with your job application as it shows a recruiter that your learning curve is as active as ever.
- It also shows that you are up-skilled and on the right path to evolving with the latest industry trends.
If you don't have any relevant certifications, we advise you to sign up for an online course that is relevant to your niche/industry. Once you do this, present the details of this certification or online course in your resume in the following manner:
- Name of the certification or online course.
- Name and location of the certifying body/institute.
- Dates of enrollment and completion of the certification.
Here's a React js resume example demonstrating the ideal certifications section for your resume:
Also Read: How to include all your certifications on your resume
Use Hiration's Resume Services to Enhance Your Shortlist Chances
Now that you know how to build your React js developer resume, we wish you the best of luck! With the steps we have outlined in this guide, you will be able to make one from scratch with ease.
If time is of the essence and you need help with your resume, we have two services that might just be the right fit for you. They are:
- Hiration's Resume Review Service
- Hiration's Online Resume Builder
Resume Review Service
Get a review of your React js resume online with help from our Resume Strategists at Hiration. Our dedicated army of resume professionals is here to elevate your resume to the highest standards of perfection.
At Hiration, we follow the below-mentioned standards/parameters as a yardstick to review your resume for React js developer jobs:
- Compliance with Industry Norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
. . . all this so you can attract more interview calls based on your resume!
Online Resume Builder
To make a perfect React js resume online, look no further. We have just the platform for you. Hiration's Online Resume Builder is an AI-powered platform that is designed to help you make an optimized React js resume online.
All you have to do is put in your data and the AI does your work for you by providing you with intuitive resume help features such as:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Moreover, this platform facilitates React js resume download in PDF format. This is explicitly done to retain the structural integrity of your resume.
Get an insight into other amazing features and products of Hiration that can help you make a strong presence in the professional world:
Junior ReactJS Developer Resume Sample
Senior ReactJS Developer Resume Sample
React JS Developer Sample Resume
Introducing a perfectly composed React JS Developer Resume Sample with impeccable sections:
- Identified web-based user interactions and developed highly responsive user interface components via React concepts
- Troubleshoot interface software and debugged application codes to improve functionality and performance by 50%
- Developed and implemented front-end architecture to support user interface concepts with 100% accuracy
- Monitored and improved front-end performance by 15% and documented application changes & worked on updates
- Developed the latest user-facing features using React.js and built reusable components & front-end libraries for future use
- Optimized components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Coordinated with the development team of 35 to discuss user interface ideas and applications
- Reviewed application requirements and interface designs to ensure compatibility with existing applications
- Determined the structure and design of web pages based on user requirements and balanced functional & aesthetic designs
- Created features to enhance the user experience while ensuring that the web design is optimized for smartphones
- Employed a variety of languages such as HTML and CSS to write & create user-friendly web pages
- Built reusable code for future use and optimized web pages for 5 applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Managed brand consistency and enhanced the company's website by adding more features and functionality
- Liaised with cross-functional teams to ensure that the client projects were completed on time and within a stipulated budget
- Produced high-quality mockups & designed different prototypes and provided high-quality graphics & visual elements
- React Certification (Full Stack Web Development) | Coursera | Dec '17
- Top 20 percentile of the class
Our goal here is to help you curate a React.js developer resume as perfect as the one given above.
Here are the key takeaways of our React JS developer resume 2023 guide:
- Writing a perfect React js roles and responsibilities sample resume is not enough. You need to optimize for ATS compliance too.
- To improve your resume's chances of getting parsed by the ATS software,** enhance** its readability, optimize your resume with relevant keywords, and pick a clean design template.
- Identify the keywords from the JD and incorporate them organically in your resume as long as they match your skills & professional expertise.
- Double-check your contact details. It should be accurate and free of spelling errors as they are the only medium for official communication.
- You need to perfect the professional experience section at all costs.
- To do this, use power verbs to begin your React js resume points. This adds a tone of professionalism to the way you present your work details.
- Use numbers/figures to quantify your achievements in this section.
- Write a perfect React js resume professional summary advocating your suitability for the job. The best way to do this is by presenting your achievements.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself with the help of our 24X7 chat support.
Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and get professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.