How to make a React JS Developer resume?
Have you optimized your react js developer resume for your dream job in a top company? Do you know what it takes to optimize it for a shortlist?
If you don't, you have landed in the right place.
In this blog, we will show you how to curate an impeccable react js developer resume from scratch. All you have to do is read this guide, that's all!
Before we begin, here is an overview of our React JS Developer Resume Blog:
- Include the 7 must-have resume sections in your react js resume
- Use figures/numbers to quantify your react js developer achievements
- Use one-liner points to enhance the readability of your react js resume
- Highlight relevant achievements in your react js resume professional summary
- Include basic contact details to enable a recruiter to get in touch with you
Following the five react js resume tips we have outlined above will help you curate an effective resume. But that's not all there is to it.
In this blog, we have explained how to perfect each section of your resume. Additionally, we have given section-wise react js resume samples to help you understand what each section would look like when you perfect it.
Talk about perfection, here are the top points you should know about to write an impeccable react js developer resume:
- What react developer should know?
- How do I write a resume for a developer?
- How to highlight your React JS Developer experience in your resume?
- What skills to highlight in a React JS Developer Resume?
- Do you need to include the details of certifications in your React JS resume?
We will now cover these react js resume points in detail.
Before we do, if you are in urgent need of resume help and want an impeccable react js developer resume straightaway, make use of our Online Resume Builder straightaway!
It comes with intuitive features like auto-bold, point-wise resume scanning, text prediction, space adjusting, one-click design change, and a JD-resume matcher to help you write a job-optimized resume that is built with perfection.
Optimize Your React JS Developer Resume for ATS Compliance
Did you know that an average resume does not reach a human recruiter before it is parsed by an Applicant Tracking Software?
And the popularity of React JS is quite high that the requirement to make your resume ATS-compliant is a must.
This ATS software is relevant to us today because almost every major company is starting to use this recruitment software. This means that your react js developer resume should be ATS-compatible to stand a chance at getting shortlisted.
Here's an infographic showcasing the top 3 things you should follow to curate an impeccable react js developer resume:
Writing a shortlist-worthy resume has a lot to do with ATS compliance too. In this guide, we will show you how. Let us first look at an impeccable react js developer resume sample.
Organize Your React JS Developer Resume Using Resume Sections
Now that you know how to approach resume writing the right way, we will now discuss the resume sections you should use to organize information in your resume for react js developer jobs.
Here are the 7 must-have resume sections:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
If you have more information to put in your react js experience resume, you can compile them under these resume sections:
- Training & Certifications
- Awards & Recognition
- Volunteering Experience
To avoid the hassle of curating resume sections on your own, use Hiration's resume builder. It has an in-built react js resume template with pre-arranged sections that are positioned right where you should be.
Moreover, you can use it as the perfect reference to draft an impeccable react js experience resume that is earmarked for perfection.
Additionally, if you have an existing react js experience resume, get it reviewed by our in-house team of Resume Experts.
Draft Your React JS Developer Resume Using the 3 Resume Stages
Following a systematic approach to resume writing can help you draft your resume for react js developer jobs at a faster rate.
Here are the three resume stages you should follow when curating your react js developer resume:
- Stage 1: Master Draft
- Stage 2: First Draft
- Stage 3: Final Draft
Stage 1: Master Draft of React JS Developer Resume
At this stage, your only job is to compile all your information in one place. It can be an internship you may have done in your college days or volunteering work you have done in the recent past.
Irrespective of its current relevance, just collect all your information and store it in one document. This document is your master draft.
Doing this simple thing helps in 2 ways:
- Resume writing in the present
- Resume update in the future
Since you have all your information in one place, you can easily pinpoint the data you need to optimize your react js developer resume for your target jobs in the present timeline.
Moreover, you can also refer to this draft in the future to make updates to your resume. The best part is that you don't have to rely on your memory, thus saving you the time and the effort it will take to update your resume in the future.
Stage 2: First Draft of React JS Developer Resume
After the master draft stage comes the first draft of your react JS developer resume.
What do you do at this stage?
Simple. You take all your relevant data and present it under relevant resume sections such as:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Professional Experience
- Internships (if relevant)
- Certifications (if relevant)
Stage 3: Final Draft of React JS Developer Resume
After the first draft comes the final draft. Your job here is to perfect your react JS developer resume. As part of this stage, conclude your resume by curating these 2 sections:
- Summary / Objective
- Key skills
Composing the skills section becomes easier after drafting all other sections because it helps you easily identify and pick your functional skills.
Moreover, composing a react js resume professional summary also becomes easier as you can easily pinpoint your key achievements & career highlights after concluding all other sections!
Begin Your Resume with the Header, Profile Title, and Personal Information Sections
The resume header, profile title, and personal information sections are the first three sections you should compose in your react js experience resume.
Begin your react js sample resume by curating these sections first.
We will now see the DO's and DON'TS of these sections.
React JS Developer Resume: Header
The resume header is the first section of your react js sample resume. Traditionally, it is the thing you write at the topmost part of your resume.
If you have been using a generic 'CV' or 'Resume' as your resume header in the past, stop right away. That your resume is a resume is implicit. You don't have to outline it. Instead, write your real full name.
Hiration Pro Tip: Write your real full name at the topmost part of your react js developer resume in the largest font size of approximately 16-20 points. Doing this will ensure that it is the first thing a recruiter notices, thereby reducing the chances of resume misplacement.
To get a better sense of understanding of this section, refer to our Resume Header Guide.
Moving on, here's a react js resume sample illustrating the ideal resume header for your react js developer resume.
This is a snapshot of a react js developer resume template that we have curated using our online resume builder.
For more section-wise react js resume samples like this, read on.
React JS Developer Resume: Personal Information
The personal information section of your react js sample resume should ideally consist of three main things:
- Functional mobile number
- Professional email ID
- Current Location
- Link to websites
Hiration Pro Tip: Make sure to add links to your profile on websites like Kaggle, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.
For a better direction on how to tackle this section, read our Guide to writing a resume contact information.
In case you're curious, here's a react js resume sample demonstrating the personal information section:
This is a snapshot of a react js resume template that we have composed using our Online Resume Builder. Use this platform to curate an impeccable react js sample resume.
Optimize your resume for your target job using the job scan functionality feature that comes with our Resume Builder. This feature assesses your resume and matches it against your target job description.
All you have to do is paste the JD of your target job and click analyze to get expert resume advice on how to optimize your current resume for the react js developer job of your dreams!
React JS Developer Resume: Profile Title
The profile title is the third section of your react js sample resume. Here's what makes it important:
- It communicates your current/last-held job title.
- It communicates your functional industry or area of expertise.
- It communicates your seniority level.
- It communicates your potential income demands.
All this information just goes on to show that you need to correctly write your profile title in your react js sample resume.
So if you are a React JS Developer, write your profile title as it is. Example: 'React JS Developer'.
Do not over sell yourself while writing your profile title because it will be considered as lying and false advertisement of your professional status.
And while doing so ensure that you present yourself on the level where you rightfully belong as a developer.
Additionally, we advise you to write your profile title in the second-largest font text, preferably 14-16 points.
Here's an example of a react js resume sample illustrating a correctly written profile title for a React Developer:
In the meanwhile, get your existing react js roles and responsibilities sample resume reviewed by our industry experts. Get valuable feedback and section-wise tips from our dedicated team of Resume Strategists now!
Optimize the Key Sections of Your Resume to Make an Impact on the Recruiter
When recruiters browse through your resume, they evaluate three key sections:
- Professional Experience
- Key Skills
These three sections are also known as the three key sections of your resume. You need to perfect these sections to impress the recruiter.
We will now show you how to do this. Let's begin.
Professional Experience Section
The professional experience section is the heart and soul of your react js developer resume.
This is where you include work-centric information such as the places you have worked, the job titles you have held, the duration of your work, and the nature of your work.
All this put together helps you show your skill levels and expertise. These go on to decide if you be able to thrive in a new organization and if you will be able to execute the roles assigned to you.
As such, this section is incredibly important.
To make an impact on the recruiter, you have to perfect this section at all costs. Here are three ways you can achieve this:
- Frame one-liner points, not paragraphs
- Use the STAR format to optimize each point
- Use grouping & highlighting to enhance the overall effectiveness
Framing points simply means using one-liner points to communicate the details of your work experience. Here's why you should use it:
- Paragraphs make your resume look bulky and cluttered. It also makes your content hard to read and harder to comprehend.
- On the contrary, using one-liner points is considered a better alternative to using paragraphs. It is reader-friendly and helps you communicate information effectively.
- A recruiter will not read your resume in totality if it is not reader-friendly.
- Moreover, using one-liner points also makes it easier for an ATS to parse your resume as it can be easily read & interpreted by the recruitment software.
Now that you know how to enhance the readability of this section, we will teach you how to optimize each one-liner point to make your resume worth reading.
Giving a bland statement of your everyday roles & responsibilities will not help you strike gold with the recruiter. To impress him/her, you need to do more.
This is where the STAR format comes in.
This is what it stands for:
- Situation: The situation/backdrop/context of your contributions
- Task: The actual task that was assigned to you
- Action: The strategy you used to execute the assigned task
- Result: The result/outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure
Instead of formulating your statements in this manner:
- Debugged codes & improved software
Rephrase it and present it in your resume in the following way:
- Debugged application codes and improved interface software to improve functionality and performance by 50%
Grouping & Highlighting
Next comes grouping & highlighting.
Simply put, grouping means grouping similar one-liner points and grouping them under unique titles or groups.
Doing this communicates your key responsibility & expertise areas to the recruiter in one glance.
Highlighting means to bold relevant words/phrases by marking them stand out.
Highlighting words or achievement figures, can easily draw the recruiter's attention to them as they stand out when they're marked in bold.
The feisty combination of grouping & highlighting thus helps you present information more effectively. It makes your otherwise long resume seem more legible and palatable.
Always remember that you need to introduce yourself as the best applicant for the targeted job profile through your resume to the recruiters.
React JS Developer Resume Sample
Read our Blog on composing the resume work experience section to get a more detailed and refined idea of this section.
Here's a react js resume example showcasing a perfectly composed professional experience section:
For more section-wise react js resume samples like this, read on.
In the meanwhile, get your hands on our exclusive Resume Review Service to undo the mistakes in your existing react js developer resume and perfect it for shortlists!
Key Skills Section of Your React JS Developer Resume
The key skills section is the second key section of your react js developer resume. Just like the professional experience section, this too needs to be perfect at all costs.
Here are some of the key skills that a recruiter looks for in a react js resume points:
|Front-end Architecture||Graphic Designing|
|Wireframe & Design||Webpage Designing|
Some of the technical skills that you should include in your react js resume points:
|React Tools:||React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, Flux|
|Performance Testing Frameworks:||Mocha, Jest|
|Front-end Development tools:||Babel, Webpack, NPM|
It is important because your react JD skills make you the professional that you are. It is inevitably one of the first things that a recruiter looks for in your resume.
Why? Because a recruiter wants to know if you meet the skill criteria mentioned in the JD for that particular job vacancy.
Thus, it is your job to make it easier for a recruiter to locate your react js skills in your resume. If they are not able to locate it in one go, they might lose interest in further evaluating your resume. Trust us, you do not want that.
Compile all your technical and non-technical react JS skills and group them under a distinct 'key skills' section in your resume. Make a 'technical skills' subsection within this section for your technical skills.
To get a better understanding of this section and what you can do to perfect it, read the Resume Skills Guide.
Here's a react js resume example showcasing the perfect key skills section for your react js developer resume:
In the meanwhile, get your hands on our Online Resume Builder now!
Summary & Objective Sections
Should you write a react js resume professional summary or an objective?
Let's find out:
- If you have 3 years of relevant work experience, write a react js resume professional summary.
- If you have zero to less than three years of relevant work experience, write an objective statement.
Whether you're writing a react js resume professional summary or objective, you need to perfect it at all costs. Given the fact that it gives an overview of your career trajectory, you need to make it crisp and effective.
You need to convey that you are the best fit for the job through the react js resume professional summary or objective. Here are some tips that you can implement:
- Compose the react js resume professional summary or objective at the end.
- This helps you scan through your resume and work experience in one go which means that it makes it easy to pick your career highlights easily.
- Moreover, taking this approach also minimizes the scope of repeated correction. Since you have all the data with you, your only job here is to pick relevant points and present them effectively.
- Since the react js resume professional summary or objective is more like an expertise statement, keep it short. We advise you to stick to a 3-5 lines paragraph summary or objective.
Implement these react js points in resume to make an impact on the recruiter.
Attached below is a react js resume example showcasing a perfectly written react js resume professional summary:
In the meanwhile, use Hiration's Online Resume Builder to curate an effective resume for react js developer jobs.
Provide Your Academic Details to Demonstrate Your Theoretical Knowledge
Like it or not, learning begins in school. And what nobody tells you is this:
No matter how old you grow, or how many places you have worked at; your educational background & qualifications will always stay relevant. You will be expected to present your academic information in your react js developer resume.
So make an 'education' section in your resume and fill it with the following details:
- Your school/university name.
- Dates of enrolment & graduation.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
Read our Resume Education Guide to get a detailed understanding of this section and the importance it holds.
Here's a react js resume example showcasing a perfectly composed education section:
In the meanwhile, get your existing react js developer resume reviewed by our Resume Strategists at Hiration.
React JS Developer Resume: Certifications
In addition to the education section, you can also include the certifications section to present any relevant certifications or online courses you may have done.
- Adding this certification helps you with your job application as it shows to a recruiter that your learning curve is as active as ever.
- It also shows that you are up-skilled and are on the right path to evolving with the latest industry trends.
If you don't have any relevant certifications, we advise you to sign up for an online course that is relevant to your niche/industry. Once you do this, present the details of this certification or online course in your resume in the following manner:
- Name of the certification or online course.
- Name and location of the certifying body/institute.
- Dates of enrolment and completion of the certification.
Read Hiration's Guide to listing certifications on a resume to get a better understanding of this section.
Here's a react js resume example demonstrating the ideal certifications section for your resume:
In the meanwhile, take your future into your hands by giving yourself the best shot at getting shortlisted by composing your resume with us.
Use Hiration's Resume Services to Enhance Your Shortlist Chances
Now that you know how to build your react js developer resume, we wish you the best of luck! With the steps we have outlined in this guide, you will be able to make one from scratch with ease.
If time is of the essence and you need help with your resume, we have two services that might just be the right fit for you. They are:
- Hiration's Resume Review Service
- Hiration's Online Resume Builder
Resume Review Service
Get a review of your react js resume online with help from our Resume Strategists at Hiration. Our dedicated army of resume professionals is here to elevate your resume to the highest standards of perfection.
At Hiration, we follow the below-mentioned standards/parameters as a yardstick to review your resume for react js developer jobs:
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
. . . all this so you can attract more interview calls based on your resume!
Online Resume Builder
To make a perfect react js resume online, look no further. We have just the platform for you. Hiration's Online Resume Builder is an AI-powered platform that is designed to help you make an optimized react js resume online.
All you have to do is put in your data and the AI does your work for you by providing you with intuitive resume help features such as:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Moreover, this platform facilitates react js resume download in PDF format. This is explicitly done to retain the structural integrity of your resume.
Get an insight into other amazing features and products of Hiration that can help you make a strong presence in the professional world:
Junior ReactJS Developer Resume Sample
Senior ReactJS Developer Resume Sample
React JS Developer Sample Resume
Introducing a perfectly composed React JS Developer Resume Sample with impeccable sections:
Our goal here is to help you curate a react js developer resume as perfect as the one given above.
Here are the key takeaways of our React JS Developer Resume 2020 Blog:
- Writing a perfect react js roles and responsibilities sample resume is not enough. You need to optimize for ATS compliance too.
- To improve your resume's chances of getting parsed by the ATS software, enhance its readability, optimize your resume with relevant keywords, and pick a clean design template.
- To enhance the readability of your react js developer resume, follow these steps. 1) Use a uniform font type throughout your resume. 2) Organize information within resume sections. 3) Use one-liner points to communicate your work information (not paragraphs).
- An ATS looks for keywords in your resume. Identify the keywords from the JD and incorporate them organically in your resume as long as they match your skills & professional expertise. This will keyword optimize your react js developer resume.
- An ATS cannot parse a resume if it is full of images and graphs. To avoid this, avoid putting them in your resume unless necessary. Even if you do, make sure that you send your react js developer resume in a PDF format as these file formats retain your resume structure and are easy to parse.
- Before sending your resume to a recruiter, double-check your contact details. It should be accurate and free of spelling errors as they are the only medium for official communication. A recruiter cannot reach you if you don't write it accurately, so make sure that you correctly present this information.
- You need to perfect the professional experience section at all costs.
- To do this, use power verbs to begin your react js resume points. This adds a tone of professionalism to the way you present your work details.
- Use numbers/figures to quantify your achievements in this section.
- Write a perfect react js resume professional summary advocating your suitability for the job. The best way to do this is by presenting your achievements. This helps you show that you have had past success in your field of work. It also shows that you can add value to an organization and thus, can replicate the same value in your new organization too.
With this, you have officially reached the end of this blog. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve any queries or questions. Feel free to put a suggestion or two and share this blog with those who might need it!
See you in the next blog!