Need a resume for CIO position?
To hold a chief information officer position, your job demands you to oversee end-to-end aspects of the Technology functions of an organization.
And to land a job with your resume for CIO position you need to turn the heads of the hiring managers and show them your expertise.
This blog will help you make a positive impression and raise your chances of landing your targeted job profile.
Here is the summary of our CIO Resume Blog:
- A certified CIO professional should mention the same in a resume.
- Mention relevant projects that you have worked on or successfully led.
- Describe your professional experience in clear points by avoiding bulk and lengthy paragraphs.
- Include links to personal websites along with your contact details.
- List your technical skills along with your key skills.
- Give an overview of your resume by composing a CIO resume executive summary.
Remember that the job market is filled with an abundant number of skilled professionals and your job is to outshine them to be identified by recruiters.
Always be clear with the following points while framing your chief information officer resume:
- Why it is necessary to make your resume for CIO position ATS compliant?
- How do you write a CIO resume?
- What is the best way to describe your work experience in your CIO resumes?
- Do you have to add details of education and certifications on CIO resume formats?
- What skills should a CIO have?
- Is it important to include a summary or CIO resume objective statement?
Professionals can make your resume writing easier and assist you in crafting out the best CIO resumes.
Visit Hiration’s Online Resume Builder and get your chief information officer resume reviewed & refined by the experts.
What Is an ATS Compliant CIO Resume and Why Do You Need It?
With the growing population, there is a rise of applicants in the job market.
And the CIO job title comes under the top C-Level titles That candidates search for the most.
Most companies use the ATS which is an Applicant Tracking System to scan through hundreds and thousands of resumes.
Therefore it is of utmost importance that you make your CIO resume template ATS compliant to get through the first round of selection.
Now how do you achieve that?
The answer is simple.
Create a CIO resume format that has the right set of keywords that are easily identified by the ATS.
Keep reading to learn about the best and effective ways and sections to add suitable keywords in your CIO resumes.
Always Choose the Best CIO Resume Formats
There are 3 common resume formats to choose from while framing CIO resumes and you need to learn how to choose the most suitable one to frame yours.
The most preferred resume format for the chief information officer position is the Reverse Chronological format.
- It highlights your latest details on top and the oldest ones follow.
- It is ATS friendly
- It is preferred by recruiters
The Functional format is ATS friendly and covers up career gaps but is only suitable if you are a frequent job switcher.
The Combination format covers up career gaps but is not ATS friendly.
Always choose the format that helps you curate your professional details in the best way.
Organize Your CIO Resume by Including Distinct Sections
The following sections are the most important section that you need to include in your CIO Resumes:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
Hiration's Guide to sections in a resume can help you get more clarity about the different sections in a resume.
Create a Separate Professional Experience Section in Your CIO Resume
The professional experience section is an important element of your chief information officer resume.
This particular section should be filled with all your professional experiences in the most effective way.
To create an impeccable professional experience section you need to follow the below-given points:
- Always use the STAR format
- Create one-liners
- Practice grouping & highlighting
The STAR format simply means:
- Situation: The situation/backdrop/context of your professional contributions.
- Task: The actual task that was officially assigned to you.
- Action: The strategy you used to execute and complete the assigned task.
- Result: The result or outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure.
CIO Resume Example:
- Managed 10+ IT projects to amplify business objectives and organizational growth
The CIO resume example clearly describes the professional responsibility tackled by the CIO and shows how a positive result was achieved in the course.
Always frame one-liners and avoid bulky or lengthy paragraphs to describe your professional experience.
CIO Resume Example:
- Deployed Machine Learning & various technologies to enhance engineering effectiveness and cost competitiveness
I used my knowledge of machine learning and other technologies to successfully improvise the engineering effectiveness along with the cost competitiveness.
Look at the CIO resume example and see how a single line makes a crisp and clear point as compared to the paragraph used to explain the same point.
GROUPING & HIGHLIGHTING
Now, it is time to learn how to list your one-liners in a suitable way.
CIO Resume Example:
System Development & Management
- Upgraded the existing IT systems for 5 departments to ensure smooth functioning
- Managed the technology resources & utilization plans while ensuring compliance
From the given CIO resume examples we can see that creating suitable headings (grouping) and highlighting the effective words or phrases in bold makes it easier for the recruiters to recognize the skills and potential of the professional.
The three elements described above can make your professional experience section pop out effectively and help you communicate your CIO expertise in the best way.
Use power verbs to start every sentence to maintain the focus on your active participation and add achievement figures wherever possible to make your contribution stand out.
CIO Resume Sample for Professional Experience
Here's a CIO resume example showcasing what an ideal professional experience section looks like:
Read more on how to compose the work experience in your resume.
CIO Resume: Personal Information
Here's what an ideal personal information section should contain:
- Updated Contact Number
- Professional Email Address
- Current Location
Providing your contact details is a must in your CIO resume for the recruiters to get in touch with you for any possible shortlist or interviews.
Hiration Pro Tip: Go through the guidelines provided in the job listing. Details like gender, nationality, marital status, religion, etc. are not allowed to be included in a resume by some countries and companies to avoid bias hiring.
|Contact Number:||+1 111 999 2393|
You can also add links to your personal websites, LinkedIn, Github, etc.
Composing your contact information is easy if you know what to add and what all to avoid.
Here is an ideal personal information section of your CIO resume example:
CIO Resume: Profile Title
Profile titles help you communicate the following facts to the recruiters:
- Your current designation.
- Your functional industry.
- Your level of seniority in your line of work.
Always ensure that you mention only the accurate profile title that describes you as a suitable applicant for the targeted chief information officer position.
The CIO job title in your resume should match the targeted job profile.
Avoid over-selling yourself by mentioning profile titles that are beyond your experience or skills set as it would be considered lying on a resume.
Here is the perfect profile title of a CIO resume example:
Give the educational background details in your CIO Resume
Your scholastic achievement can add leverage to your job application.
A CIO is required to possess an educational qualification in the field of computer science, software engineering, information technology, or any related field.
Whether it is a bachelor's degree or a Master's degree you can include the following details of your education:
- Name of your institution
- Name of course(s)
- Dates of enrollment and clearing
You can also highlight any mention-worthy details that signify your outstanding performance.
You can read more about this section from Hiration's Guide on how to list education on your resume.
Refer to the given CIO resume example showcasing the ideal education section:
CIO Resume: Certifications
A certified applicant has an upper hand when it comes to a chief information officer position.
So if you are certified in any relevant courses make sure to include them in your chief information officer resume.
You can simply mention the following details:
- Certification course name.
- Name of the institute of affiliation.
- Location of the institute of affiliation.
- Admission and completion date of the course in month & year format.
Once you are familiar with listing certifications on a resume you can make your CIO resume stand out.
Compose your resume with our professionally designed templates at Hiration Online Resume Builder.
List Both Key Skills & Technical Skills on Your CIO Resume
A skilled professional goes a long way and to land a chief information officer position you need to possess one too many skills.
Always list technical skills on CIO resume along with your key skills to make a strong impression on the hiring managers on the lookout for the best professionals.
The skills section is an important section where you can include suitable CIO resume keywords to make your resume ATS compliant.
What skills should a CIO have?
Well, here are some basic examples of the key skills and technical skills that every hiring manager looks for in a CIO resume:
|Technology Assessment||Framework Development|
|Data Management||Data Warehousing|
The skills on a resume play a major part in making the recruiters identify you as a suitable applicant.
Here's a resume sample showcasing the perfect key skills section. It illustrated what your resume skills should look like when composed in this section.
CIO Resume Summary or Objective
Once you fill up your chief information officer resume with all the important details you need to compose a CIO resume summary.
It will help the recruiter gets an insight into your chief information officer resume even before scanning through the entire resume.
And since there is a 6-second time frame spent on average by a recruiter to go through a resume, a summary is the best bet to intrigue the recruiters.
Follow the given points to write your CIO resume executive summary:
- Avoid unnecessary editing of your summary by composing it only once the rest of the resume sections are filled.
- Select points from the professional experience section that describes the highlights of your career.
- Limit your CIO resume summary to a maximum of 4-5 lines and keep it clear and detailed at the same time.
- A summary should be included only if you have professional experience of more than 3 years.
Learn when and how to include a resume summary to take your job application up a notch.
Here is a CIO resume example displaying an effective CIO resume summary:
You should include CIO resume objective statement only if:
- You have no work experience.
- You have very limited work experience of less than 3 years.
- You are a fresh graduate writing an entry level resume.
Read the guide on resume objectives to learn more about resume objectives.
With Hiration's Online Resume Builder you can do a lot more with your resume.
Resume Review Service
Get your CIO resumes professionally reviewed by our resume experts at Hiration.
Your resume will be reviewed in compliance with the following parameters:
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
Visit our resume builder and check out the best CIO resume example and download your CIO resume pdf or/and CIO resume doc.
Here is a list of the resources that come with Hiration's Online Resume Builder:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Need to write a CIO cover letter for your chief information officer resume?
Go ahead and check out our CIO cover letter sample, CIO cover letter examples, and get your professional cover letters built today!
Hiration's Cover Letter Builder provides:
10+ ready to use templates
Freedom to customize templates
Create multiple cover letters
Get an insight into other amazing features and products of Hiration to enhance your professional presence:
CIO Sample Resume
Check out the best CIO resume template given below which has been created on our Online Resume Builder:
The above sample CIO resume is the ideal way to present your experience, skills, details, etc. in your chief information officer resume.
Visit our Online Resume Builder and check out the CIO resume examples 2021 and experience a smooth cio resume template download process.
- Create an ATS-compliant CIO resume by including suitable keywords as it is a must to move ahead in the job world.
- Stick to one-liners, grouping, and highlighting in your CIO resumes to make sure that the recruiters identify your potential right away.
- Maintain a CIO resume that projects the accurate profile title depicting your professional status.
- Do not forget to list technical skills on CIO resume along with your key skills.
- Give an overview of your resume by composing a strong CIO resume executive summary.
Make sure to refer to all the best CIO resume samples that we have provided in this blog as they can help you in writing the best CIO resume.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.