Click here to directly go to the complete Linux Administrator Resume Sample
How to write a Linux Administrator resume?
You need to write a comprehensive Linux Administrator resume to get ahead with your job application for the said job profile.
First of all, you need to understand the Linux administrator job description and then learn about the different segments and features of a resume that can make your resume stand out.
In this blog, you will find all the required tips and guides to help you write the perfect job-winning Linux administrator resume.
Here is the summary of our Linux Administrator Resume Blog:
- If you are a certified Linux professional then make sure to mention it in your resume.
- Add details of relevant projects that you have professionally worked on.
- Describe your work descriptions in one liners and list them in groups.
- Provide links to your professional websites like Kaggle, GitHub, etc.
- A strong resume summary should be included in your resume.
Get the following questions answered in this blog while you create your Linux Administrator resume:
- What is an ATS compliant Linux system administrator resume?
- How do I write an experienced Linux administrator resume?
- Should I include education and certification details in a Linux resume?
- How do I add Linux skills to resume?
- Whether to include a summary or objective in a Linux systems administrator resume?
Professional assistance can make your resume better and recruiter-friendly.
Hiration's Online Resume builder is just a click away!
What Is a Linux Administrator Resume and Why Do You Make It ATS Compliant?
Your Linux systems resume is a professional document that holds all those details that can make the recruiters recognize your expertise and get in touch with you.
Application Tracking System is all the rave in the current job market where hiring managers rely on it to select top applicants.
When you send your resume for a job it gets scanned through the ATS and your resume gets picked only when it is filled with suitable keywords.
Simply go through the job description of the profile that you are applying for and add those skills and phrases that connect your professional status and targeted job profile.
The usage of Linux is on the rise and so is the demand for Linux professionals. Hence, you need to be the best to be on top.
Check out the different sources mentioned below to check the salary packages a Linux admin makes on average:
According to SalaryCom Linux administrators make an average of range $76,832-$108,827.
According to Zippia, the average salary package of a Linux administrator is Average Linux Administrator Salary
Follow the Three Stages to Build Your Linux Administrator Resume
While writing a resume you need to keep in mind that you need to guide the recruiters throughout your resume to make them recognize your professional potential.
And to tailor the perfect resume you need to follow the three stages of resume writing that have been discussed in the following paragraphs.
Create the Master Folder:
- Always start by creating a master folder wherein you simply need to drop down all your particulars and details.
- Your educational details to your Linux work experience should be listed down in this master folder.
- Any other achievements training, certifications, etc. should be listed in your folder.
The purpose of doing so is to keep every information handy so that while building up your junior Linux administrator resume you can simply pick up the required details from this folder without wasting your time.
First Draft of Your Resume:
- Now, start creating the outline of your Linux system administrator resume and fill them up with all your details and information.
- Every segment you add in your senior Linux administrator resume should highlight the distinct information that the recruiters will need to assess your job application.
- Do not miss out on any important details but make sure not to add unnecessary details that go against the hiring guideline to stay on the good books of the recruiters.
The Final Draft of Your Resume:
- Once your first draft of the resume is done you need to create two important segments of your Linux administrator roles and responsibilities resume.
- Create a separate key skills and technical skills section and write down all the functional and technical skills that define you as a professional Linux administrator.
- When you are done with that, compose a suitable resume summary or resume objective to give an insight into your best Linux administrator resume for the recruiters to recognize you as a suitable applicant.
Carefully follow the three stages of resume writing and avoid missing out on any important details that can have a positive impact on your job application.
The given Linux admin resume sample has been created with our Online Resume Builder.
It is filled with pre-filled resume samples and templates that you can choose from and personalize with your required details.
You can download our Linux administrator resume pdf/Linux administrator resume doc without any hassle.
Organize Your Linux Administrator Resume by Including Distinct Sections
The best Linux administrator resume should consist of the following standard sections every time you create your Linux administrator job resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
Ideally, you should include the following sections which are optional yet can enhance your Linux administrator resume for fresher:
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
Everything else you need to know about resume sections is compiled in Hiration's Guide to sections in a resume.
You can rely on Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to build a resume that can glorify your professional expertise in the best light.
Perfect the Header Section of Your Linux Administrator Resume
The first thing that the recruiters will ideally notice is the topmost section of your resume so learn how to perfect it effectively.
Linux Administrator Resume: Header
The first thing that you need to frame in the topmost section of your Linux administrator resume for fresher is the resume header.
Now if you are wondering what the resume header can do for you then keep reading.
In a sea of resumes, the recruiters may find it complicated to monitor every resume so you need to frame your resume header that stands out amongst any other resume.
Write your name!
It is your identity and it can provide your resume a unique identity that can simplify the monitoring of resumes for the recruiters.
But while doing so keep in mind that your resume header should be written in the largest text in your resume so you can opt for 16-20 font size.
Another important thing you need to keep in mind is to never write "Resume" or "CV" as your header because that is just a waste of space since you are stating the plain fact.
Click on Hiration’s Guide To Writing The Perfect Resume Header and learn more about resume header before you start framing the header of your Linux system administrator resume.
To give you a clear picture of what an ideal resume header should look like we have attached a Linux administrator resume sample:
Visit Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to experience hassle-free resume writing like never before.
Linux Administrator Resume: Personal Information
Another segment that should go on top of your senior Linux administrator resume is the personal information section.
It should ideally contain the following details:
- Active Contact Number
- Official Email Address
- Current Location
Linux administrator resume personal information section example:
|Contact Number:||+1 283 231 1234|
Hiration Pro Tip: Including the details of your social profiles like Linkedin can make the recruiters connect with you and acknowledge your professional online presence.
Active Contact Number: You need to provide your contact number in your resume. Period!
It plays an important part in building communication between you and the recruiters because for any likely shortlist the recruiters will need to get in touch with you.
Some recruiters also tend to interview applicants over the phone so you should be aware of such circumstances.
Make sure that your contact number is active and functional to avoid missing out on any job opportunities from the recruiters.
Official Email Address: Just as your contact number your email address is compulsory in your resume because it is a convenient means for the recruiters to reach out to you.
Some recruiters may even find it easier to email you instead of calling you to update you with any official matter.
Your professional email address should have your real name and not some nickname that you have to maintain professionalism.
Current Location: There are ideally two main reasons why you should mention your current location in your resume.
If you are interested in jobs abroad then you can state your current state and country (eg: Ohio, USA).
But if you are interested in working in your own country then simply mention your city and state (eg: Ohio, Cleveland)
While providing your personal details avoid giving out your house number, the street where you live, the name of your locality, etc. because all this information has no relevance to your job application.
Be cautious while writing down your contact information in your resume and avoid giving out any wrong details.
The illustration of an ideal personal information section on a resume is provided in the below-given sample resume for Linux system administrator fresher:
Explore Hiration's Online Resume Builder and check out all the tried and tested pre-filled resume samples and resume templates today.
Linux Administrator Resume: Profile Title
The profile title is your professional identity and hence frame it in your resume so that the recruiters can acknowledge where you stand in your line of work.
Your profile title can make the recruiters perceive your present designation, the functional industry, and your seniority level as a professional Linux administrator.
Exaggerating or overstating your profile title is a big no-no in your Linux administrator job resume.
While you should be writing a junior Linux administrator resume you should not oversell yourself by writing a senior Linux administrator resume.
Success does not happen overnight and you need to take one step at a time to achieve your professional end goals.
It does not matter whether you are writing a Linux administrator resume 3 year experience, Linux administrator resume 5 year experience, Linux administrator resume 7 year experience, Linux administrator resume 10 year experience ...
Your profile title should be able to present you in the light of where you professionally stand.
Once the recruiters notice that you have deliberately lied about your professional status in your resume they may reject your job application altogether.
Write your profile title as the second-largest text in your resume after the resume header by using a 14-16 font size.
Here is an ideal Linux administrator resume sample displaying the profile title of our Linux administrator resume template:
Tailor an Effective Professional Experience Section of Your Linux Administrator resume
To be recognized as the best applicant for the targeted job profile you need to be the best and present yourself as one.
Remember that you need to create a Linux administrator roles and responsibilities resume so that the recruiters can recognize your professional venture.
You may be under the illusion that having the required work experience is enough to land your dream job but you need to get out of that bubble and be practical.
First of all your resume needs to get past the Application Tracking System and then be assessed by the recruiters to make the cut during the hiring process.
Hence you need to incorporate this effective feature in your senior Linux administrator resume to make it stand out.
Framing Points: Give a clear description of the roles and responsibilities performed by you as a Linux administrator in your current/previous organization.
Write one-liners and NOT paragraphs to narrate your work history in your resume because the idea is to make it clear and easy to read for the recruiters.
Power Verbs: An effective way to start your point is by using power verbs.
Doing so can help you steer clear of using repetitive words to describe your professional work and emphasize your productivity.
Some effective power verbs like Supervised, Accelerated, Generated, etc. can help you communicate your roles and responsibilities and have a positive impact on the recruiters.
Achievement Figures: By giving out your achievement figures in your resume you give out the idea that you will be able to perform effectively and produce the same or more results.
It can heighten your potentiality and hence make the recruiters acknowledge you as a fitting applicant for the targeted job profile.
Grouping: The best way to organize your one-liners is by listing them under the relevant groups in a resume.
The practice of grouping has a special effect when applied to a resume because it can help you organize your professional experience section into categorical features.
Create distinct headings to exhibit the different functions that you have currently or previously carried out and list all the relevant points under the relevant groups.
Highlighting: To get the attention of the recruiters, you need to pick the most important words or phrases that serve the purpose of describing your professional involvement.
It can help you emphasize something that you feel can get the attention of the recruiters and make them notice you as a worthy applicant.
Learn more about the professional experience section from Hiration's Guide to composing the work experience in your resume.
Linux Administrator Resume Sample for Professional Experience
Examine the given Linux administrator resume sample to understand how an ideal professional experience section should ideally be created:
Do not miss out on this golden opportunity to get your existing resume reviewed by resume experts at Hiration with our Free Online Resume Review Service.
Provide Your Educational Background Details in Your Linux Administrator Resume
Just as it is important to get an education you must provide the details of your education background details in your Linux administrator job resume.
The recruiters can easily recognize you as a qualified applicant when you provide your educational details in your resume so make sure to comply with it.
Ideally, you should provide the following details in the education section of your Linux administrator resume for fresher:
- The name of your school/university
- Location of your school/university
- The degree you have acquired
- Your field of study
- Enrollment and graduation year
- Any mention-worthy honors or academic recognition, activities, or other relevant achievements bagged during your education (only if required)
Want to learn more about the education section in a resume?
Go ahead and read Hiration's Guide on how to list education on your resume.
Refer to the attached Linux administrator resume example for reference while framing the education section of your Linux administrator resume for fresher:
Linux Administrator Resume: Certifications
Providing your certification details in your junior Linux administrator resume can get you a step ahead of other applicants.
So if you have any certification that is relevant to the targeted job profile make sure to provide its details in your resume.
A certified Linux administrator has a higher chance of being shortlisted as compared to other applicants because it works as proof of one's advanced learning skills.
Here is what you should mention about your certification:
- Certification course name.
- Name of the institute of affiliation.
- Location of the institute of affiliation.
- Enrollment and completion date of the course in month & year format.
Look up Hiration's Guide to listing certifications on a resume before you start creating the certifications section of your junior Linux administrator resume.
An ideal certification(s) section should be curated as shown in the given Linux admin resume sample:
Our professionally designed Online Resume Builder is built to provide you with the best resume service.
Exhibit Your Linux Administrator Resume Skills In the Distinct Skills Section
The Applicant Tracking System works on a keyword matching algorithm and it matches the keywords in your resume to the keywords present in the job description of the targeted job profile.
Hence you need to make sure to write a Linux system administrator resume that can get through the first screening by the ATS.
However, stuffing the skills section of your Linux administrator job resume with irrelevant skills is just a waste of time and space.
Here is an ideal list of some common skills that every recruiter looks for in a Linux Systems Developers resume:
|Network Management||Tool Implementation|
|Hardware Testing||System Configuration|
|Software & Operating System:||Linux, Splunk, VMware, Jira|
|Protocols:||NTP, DNS, SNMP|
|Programming Language:||Python, Pearl|
You need to choose the right skills to include in your resume and make sure that the skills you mention in your resume are justified in your work experience.
Creating separate sections to highlight your functional skills and technical skills can enhance your Linux administrator roles and responsibilities resume.
If you feel the need to read more about skills on a resume you can go through Hiration's Guide to frame the skills section.
Check out the attached Linux administrator resume sample exhibiting the skills section in a Linux system administrator resume:
Give an Overview of Your Linux Administrator Resume
You can communicate all that is fabricated in your resume to the recruiters by composing an effective overview of your Linux administrator job resume.
Imagine getting the required shortlist just by composing 3-4 lines of your Linux administrator resume summary/Linux administrator resume objective!
That is something you cannot miss out on in your Linux administrator job resume.
Linux Administrator Resume Summary
Leave the best for the last!
And the Linux administrator resume summary is one of the best features that should be included in your resume and needs to be created in the end.
Working on this section, in the end, can make it easier for you to avoid unnecessary editing and stick to only those points and skills that are worth mentioning in your resume summary.
Go through the professional experience section and pick only those points that directly connect you with the targeted job profile of a Linux administrator.
This will make your work easier by getting the attention of the recruiters and making them acknowledge you as a professional who has what it takes to be shortlisted for the targeted job profile.
Maintain a 3-4 lines limit to keep your Linux administrator resume summary effective and on point.
While doing so pick some explicit skills that you have framed in your key skills section and add them in your summary to balance your work experience and your skills.
Also, do remember that a Linux administrator resume summary should be included only when you have a work history of more than 3 years.
Read Hiration's guide on resume summary to learn more about this important segment of your senior Linux administrator resume.
We have attached our Linux administrator resume example showcasing the resume summary section fr your better understanding:
Hiration's Online Resume Builder is built to provide you with the best online resume service. So make sure to visit our resume builder today!
Linux Administrator Resume Objective
It is best to write a Linux administrator resume objective in case you are a fresher, shifting career, or re-entering workspace after a break
While writing a resume objective your focus should be on how to impress the recruiters with your willingness to adapt and learn along the line of your targeted job profile.
The rule is to stick to mentioning all values you can deliver to the next organization.
Avoid being recognized as a demanding applicant with your resume objective because it may backfire instead of helping with your job application.
Learn more about resume objectives from our guide to resume objectives.
Resume Review Service
Hiration's professional resume experts are here to ease your resume-writing woes and provide you with hassle-free resume-writing experience.
So waste no time and get your resume professionally reviewed in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting
Make the best use of our Resume Review Service!
Online Resume Builder
Hiration's Online Resume Builder comes with the following features and more:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Experience resume-writing like never before with our Online Resume Builder.
Do not miss out on other amazing features and products of Hiration that can help you make you elevate your presence in the professional world:
Linux Administrator Resume Sample
Carefully study the below-given Linux administrator resume template before you start learning more about writing the best Linux administrator resume:
- Software & Operating Systems: Linux, VMware ESXi, Puppet, Salt, Splunk, Jira, BMC Remedy
- Protocols: DNS, SMTP, NTP, IMAP, SNMP
- Programming Languages: Perl, Python
- Administering installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of 2 hardware systems to improve reliability
- Planning and scheduling the installation of 3 new hardware systems to meet future organizational needs
- Managing 60 accounts, network rights, and systems resources including performance to ensure availability of systems
- Governing installation and management of Cisco network device to maintain the command networks
- Implementing security procedures and tools to improve system reliability
- Participating in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures to improve ease-of-use of services
- Building an internal knowledge base with technical documentation and manuals to improve efficiency of routine tasks
- Resolving significant hardware and software interface problems to ensure optimal performance
- Diagnosing and resolving problems within deadline to ensure smooth functioning of technology infrastructure
- Superintended the daily activities of mainframe-based configuration and operation of business systems to meet team goals
- Recommended upgrades and provided system configuration change to achieve the organizational goal w.r.t technology
- Managed the security, functionality & availability of current infrastructure to ensure smooth functioning of the same for users
- Deployed latest technologies and best implementation strategies for improving the infrastructure
- Rendered assistance to 10 users daily in accessing and using business systems to drive customer satisfaction
- Responded to ~60 daily online service requests from users to meet the availability requirements of the customers
- Designed and implemented IT systems that required the integration of diverse components to improve the infrastructure
- Liaised with 2 Software Development teams to design and deploy custom software solutions to detect security violations
- Created a problem statement and defined operational requirements including integration with other systems
- Collaborated with and guided 2 Program teams to define computing requirements to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator | Red Hat | Jul '20
- GIAC Certified UNIX Security Administrator | GIAC | Jan '18
- Languages: English (Native) and Vietnamese (Interactive)
The Linux admin resume sample given above has been created with the help of our Online Resume Builder.
Feel free to go check it out now!
Here are some key takeaways from this blog to help you write the best Linux administrator resume:
- Keep your Linux system administrator resume clear of unnecessary details and mention only those details that can have a positive impact on the recruiters.
- Your junior Linux administrator resume should have your correct and professional contact details and current location at all times.
- Describe your work history in crisp one-liners and list them under relevant headings to make your Linux administrator job resume effective and easy to read for the recruiters.
- Include relevant keywords in your key skills section and make sure that they are justified in your work experience.
- Always give an overview of your senior Linux administrator resume by including 3-4 lines of the Linux administrator resume summary.
The snapshots of Linux administrator resume samples provided in this blog are taken from our Linux administrator resume sample pdf.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.