Looking for IT professional resume?
[Click here to directly go to the complete IT Professional resume sample]
We are here to teach you how to make a resume for IT professional jobs. The question is, are you ready?
If you're reading this blog, we take it that you are.
We are here to help you add more than just a touch of professionalism to your existing resume. We are here to perfect it.
Before we begin, here's a summary of our IT Professional Resume 2022 Blog:
- Optimize your IT professional resume for your target job(s).
- Research the resume guidelines of your target country before you draft your resume.
- Use the city/state code format for all locations. Example: 'New York, NY'.
- Highlight relevant IT achievements in your IT professional resume summary.
- Use one-liner points to communicate the details of your everyday work responsibilities.
That's not all.
Writing a shortlist-worthy IT professional resume will take more than just following these simple steps. It will require you to perfect each section of your IT professional resume.
And to make this possible, we have given a section-wise explanation & IT professional resume samples to show you what perfectly optimized sections should look like.
Moving on, here are the 7 resume tips to help you write an impeccable IT professional resume:
- Choose the right IT professional resume format
- Use sections to organize information in your IT Professional Resume
- Begin your resume by drafting the professional experience first
- Write your real full name at the topmost part of your resume
- Provide your contact details & location in the personal information section
- Write an accurate profile title to showcase your current expertise
- Seperate your technical skills from your core IT skills
- Present your academic & certification details
- Conclude your resume with an impeccable IT Professional Resume Summary or Objective
- Use Hiration's Resume Services to perfect your IT professional resume
In this blog, we will walk you through each point to show you how it is done.
If you're looking for a quick remedy to ail your resume writing needs, we recommend our Online Resume Builder.
Power-packed with the goodness of AI, our platform is designed to help you write an impeccable resume for its professional jobs.
Here’s a list of all content to help you navigate the blog:
Choose the right IT professional resume format
Choosing the right IT professional resume format is important.
It helps you structure your resume and present information effectively. It also helps you highlight and omit certain information.
Here are the three main types of resume formats:
Use the chronological resume format if you don't have any career gaps. If you do, go for the combination resume format.
IT Professional Resume Sample
In this blog, we will help you make a resume as impeccable as this IT professional resume sample:
- Hardware/Software Installation
- Client Interaction
- IT Troubleshooting
- Network Administration
- LAN & WAN Connectivity & Maintenance
- Inventory Management
- Performance Improvement
- Problem Diagnosis
- Database Management
- Root Cause Analysis
- Windows (7, 8, 10, XP, and Vista)
- TCP, IP, DHCP, DNS
- Configured & installed computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Investigated, diagnosed, evaluated and resolved computer software and hardware glitches
- Interacted with clients to troubleshoot technical, hardware, software & peripheral related issues
- Rendered assistance to customers in person, via phone and email as appropriate; achieved 100% client satisfaction
- Performed root cause analysis, developed checklists and recommend procedures & controls for problem prevention
- Planned and undertook scheduled maintenance upgrades and repaired equipment & replacing parts as needed
- Managed the IT inventory including stocks of equipment, consumables & other supplies
- Installed & maintained PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks, and peripheral devices such as printers & scanners
- Identified, logged, and resolved technical problems including software applications or network systems
- Conducted market research to present system improvements to Senior Team Leaders for consideration & implementation
- Troubleshot client issues (10+ in a day) and deployed call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
- Maintained client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- CompTIA A+ Technician | CompTIA | Feb '18
- GPA: 4.5/5.0
Template used: Global Citizen Red
This is an IT professional resume template that we have curated using our Online Resume Builder. Click on the sample to directly edit this template on our platform.
Our platform is equipped with intuitive tools like next text prediction, space adjusting feature, one-click design change, and section-wise analysis of your resume. The goal: it helps you perfect it from top to bottom.
Use sections to organize information in your IT Professional Resume
If you're wondering how to improve your resume for IT professional jobs, then the work starts with the structure. An ill presented resume won't do.
For your resume to get read, it needs to be visible right away. And to achieve this, you should arrange information using relevant sections.
Your resume for IT professionals should have these 7 must-have sections:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
In addition to these sections, you can also use these resume sections:
- Awards & Recognition
- Additional Information
- Volunteering Experience
Read our Resume Sections Guide to learn more about them. You can also use our Online Resume Builder to make use of our pre-arranged & perfectly positioned resume sections.
If you have an existing sample resume for IT professional jobs, feel free to get it reviewed by our resume experts at Hiration.
Begin your resume by drafting the professional experience first
While there is no rigid strategy for drafting sample resumes for IT professional jobs, we highly suggest that you begin with the professional experience section.
Why? Because it takes up maximum time. Moreover, drafting it first helps you focus your attention on perfecting this section - something that you need.
Your professional experience matters. After all, recruiters want to know where you worked, the duration of your work with a particular organization, internal promotions (if any), and the details of your everyday work deligations.
But giving a bland account of your work won't do. Every detail should be tailored for maximum impact. Here are a few tips that help you accomplish this:
- Use one-line statements
- Use power verbs
- Use achievement figures
- Use Bucketing & Bolding
We will now explain these in detail. So read on.
Use one-line statements
Have you noticed that all good resumes have one thing in common?
They use one-liner points instead of bulky paragraphs to communicate the details of their everyday work activity.
And here's why:
Using one-liner points helps you improve the readability of your IT professional resume. Good readability encourages a recruiter to evaluate your resume.
Given how most recruiters spend an average of merely 6 seconds on a resume, enhancing the readability matters. As a rule of thumb, you should always use them.
Use power verbs
Power verbs, or action words as they are fondly called, is an official term for formal words that you can use to replace an informal word in your resume.
For example, instead of using a bland word like 'Managed', we recommend using these words in its place:
The above terms help you add a professional tone to your resume.
As such, we recommend incorporating them to increase the attractive factor of your roles & responsibilities.
Use achievement figures
Now that you know how to enhance the readability of your IT professional resume, we will now teach you how to make every point count.
There's no point in getting a recruiter to read your resume if the content of your resume does nothing to advance your job application.
In other words, every point needs to leave a lasting impression (most, if not all). And to do this, each point should be achievement-based.
So don't just mention that you did x and y as part of your everyday duties. Instead, show how you executed x & y to achieve your goal.
Moreover, quantify your achievements using numbers (also known as achievement figures) to prove the value you have brought to your current & previous organizations.
Bucketing & Bolding
The above-mentioned steps will amount to nothing if you don't pull your weight and enhance the effectiveness of this section.
Your goal here is to make this section presentable.
To attain this, bucketing & bolding can help.
Bucketing is the practice of grouping similar points together under relevant headings. Doing this tells the recruiter your key expertise area in one go.
Bolding is the practice of marking relevant words & phrases in bold. For example, by marking your achievement figures in bold, you can easily divert the recruiter's attention to your achievements.
Practice it right away!
IT Professional Resume Sample for Professional Experience Section
To learn more about this section, read our Resume Work Experience Section Guide.
Here's an IT professional resume sample showcasing the ideal professional experience section for your sample resume for IT professional jobs:
Does your resume have perfectly optimized sections?
Is the professional experience section as remarkable as this one?
Would you like professional feedback on your current sample resumes for IT professional jobs?
If yes, get your hands on Hiration's Resume Review Service now!
For more section-wise IT professional resume samples, read on.
Write your real full name at the topmost part of your resume
If no one's told you this before, here's what you should do:
Instead of writing a generic 'CV' or 'Resume', write your real full name right on the topmost part of your sample IT professional resumes.
To ensure that the recruiter sees it the first moment he/she glances on your resume, write it in the largest font size of around 16-20 points.
Read Resume Header Guide to learn what it is and what you can do to perfect it.
Here's a sample IT professional resume illustrating a perfect resume header:
For section-wise IT professional resume examples like this, read on.
This is a snapshot of an IT professional resume template that we have made using our Online Resume Builder.
Our Resume Builder also comes equipped with the best resume templates for IT professionals for different job titles. Get your hands on it now!
Provide your contact details & location in the personal information section
The personal information section is that section in your resume for IT professionals where your contact information goes.
Additionally, we also recommend putting the details of your location as it tells a recruiter your current city of residence.
Here's a list of the top 3 things to put in this section:
- One updated mobile number: If you have more than one, present only that mobile number on which you are available 24x7.
- An Email ID: Give your email ID details to help a recruiter get in touch with you.
- Current Location: Present your current locations in the city/state code format.
Hiration Pro Tip: Feel free to add a link to your website and online portfolio.
IT Professional Resume Sample for Personal Information Section
For an exhaustive and more detailed explanation of this section, read our Personal Information Section Guide.
To know what an ideal personal information section should ideally look like, take a look at the sample IT professional resume we have mentioned below.
This is a snapshot of an IT professional resume template that we have built using our Online Resume Builder. To get your hands on an effortless platform for resume building, sign up for it now!
It comes with features like one-click design change, space adjusting, auto-bolding, and relevant text predictions to help you make an impeccable resume!
Write an accurate profile title to showcase your current expertise
So you're an IT professional. But what exactly do you do?
A recruiter should be able to identify this in one glance. Your profile title helps you do this as it communicates the given facts about you:
- Your current designation. Example: IT Support Analyst, IT Help Desk Administrator, IT Product Manager, etc.
- Your functional industry & seniority level. Example: That you're an IT Professional shows that you are in the IT industry.
- Your expected income based on your current job position: This is self-explanatory. A more sophisticated job designation suggests that you are
Write your profile title accurately and in the font range of 14-16 points so that recruiters can identify it in one glance.
Here's a resume sample for it professional jobs showcasing the profile title for an IT Support Analyst:
For more resume examples for IT professionals, read on.
And while you're at it, get your existing sample IT professional resume evaluated by our resume experts at Hiration.
Separate your Technical Skills from your Core IT Skills
As an IT professional, you'll be expected to be equipped with basic IT skills. Based on your profession, your core IT skills will vary from job title to job title.
All you have to do is take your core IT skills and group them under a distinct 'Key Skills' section. Within it, make a 'technical skills' subsection to present your technical skills.
Hiration Pro Tip: Your skills should be crisp and to the point. Do not use phrases like 'experienced in' or 'expertise in' to endorse your IT skills. Instead, condense it into two-three words to communicate your IT expertise.
To get a better understanding of this section, read our Resume Skills Guide.
Here's a sample IT professional resume showcasing a perfectly composed key skills section.
This is a screenshot of the skills section of an IT professional resume template that we have made with our resume building platform.
Sign up for our Online Resume Builder to use our pre-designed IT professional resume. All you have to do is tweak the information to suit your professional expertise & your perfect resume is good to go!
Moreover, we have the best resume templates for IT professionals for different job titles (IT Help Desk, IT Product Manager, IT Technician, It Consultant, IT Director, IT Specialist).
You name it, we have it - only on our Online Resume Builder.
Get your hands on any resume template for IT professional jobs on our platform now!
Present your Academic & Certification Details
When composing impeccable sample IT professional resumes for your target jobs, make sure that you add an 'Education' section to present the following information.
- School/university name.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
- Enrolment and graduation dates.
The education section helps you show your academic background & the level of education you have completed.
Though you can apply to most IT jobs post-graduation, professionals with a master's degree or an additional diploma have a higher chance of starting their IT careers from a more senior position.
Thus, adding an education section to your sample IT professional resumes is a must.
Read our Resume Education Section Guide to get an in-depth understanding of this section.
Here's a sample IT professional resume showcasing a perfect education section for your resume.
In addition to this, you can also add a 'Certifications' section. Unlike the education section, this section is not mandatory. However, we encourage you to include in your resume if you have done relevant certifications.
Here's a list of the top things to put in the certifications section:
- Certification course name.
- Name of the certifying authority.
- Location of the institute.
- Enrolment & certifying date.
Read our guide to Certifications Section to learn about the importance of the certifications section for your sample resume for its professional jobs.
Here's a sample IT professional resume showcasing a perfect certifications section for a resume.
For more section-wise IT professional resume examples like these, read on.
Both images are snapshots of a resume template for IT professional jobs that we have curated using our unique Resume Building Platform.
Our Online Resume Builder is riddled with many IT professional resume templates spanning different job titles to help you make an impeccable IT resume of your dreams.
Conclude your resume with an impeccable IT Professional Resume Summary or Objective
If you have less than 3 years of active IT work experience, write a career objective for IT professional resume. If you have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IT sector, write a resume summary for IT professional resume.
We will now discuss them both in detail:
- IT Professional Resume Summary
- IT Professional Resume Objective
IT Professional Resume Summary
If you're wondering 'what should I have in my resume for an experienced IT professional job?' here's the answer:
An IT Professional Resume Summary.
It helps you give an overview of the highlights of your entire career. As such, it should be perfect at all costs.
While writing a resume summary for IT professional jobs, make sure that it is impeccable from top to bottom.
Here’s a list of resume tips to help you perfect it:
- Write the IT professional resume summary at the end.
- Doing this saves you time and effort. It also helps you pick the key highlights of your career from the rest of the sections in one go.
- It will also help you optimize the time it takes to craft this section as you won't have to make repeated edits to your resume summary for IT professional jobs.
- Your IT professional resume summary should be achievement-based.
- Pick 2-3 relevant IT highlights of your career from your work experience section.
- Keep your resume summary limited to a 3-5 lines paragraph.
Read our Resume Summary Guide to get a fuller understanding of this section.
Attached below is a resume sample for IT professional jobs to showcase the ideal resume summary for your sample IT professional resume.
Is your existing IT Professional Resume Summary as perfect as this one?
Is it meeting the quality standards to showcase excellence?
Find out the reasons for all this and more with our Resume Review Service now!
IT Professional Resume Objective
You should write a career objective for IT professional resume if:
- You have no relevant work experience in IT.
- You have less than 3 years of IT work experience.
"Ask not what the recruiter can do for you, but what you can do for the recruiter".
Instead of highlighting a shopping list of things you're looking for, talk about the value you can deliver in your next organization.
Since you can't talk of past work achievements, think of any relevant success or accomplishment you might have had during an IT-based internship & highlight noteworthy IT skills in your IT Professional Resume Objective.
For more details on this topic, read our Resume Objectives Guide.
In the meanwhile, simplify the task of resume writing with our Online Resume Builder. Make use of our read-made resume template for IT professional jobs.
The best resume templates for IT professionals are neatly tucked away in our platform for your use. Sign up on our platform to avail it now!
Use Hiration's Resume Services to perfect your IT professional resume
Perfecting your IT professional resume is important, and we can help.
Let Hiration do the heavy lifting for you with our resume services. Here are the services we offer:
- Resume Review Service
- Online Resume Builder
Think of Hiration as your personal IT professional resume writing services provider.
Resume Review Service
Give you are existing IT professional resume the touch of perfection and transform it into an interview magnet with dedicated feedback from our expert team of Resume Strategists.
With thousands of successful clients spread across the whole world, we are proud to announce that we have what it takes to give you the resume help you need.
Each resume we review is done in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Compliance with industry norms
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
Here is a list of the resources that come with Hiration's Online Resume Builder:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Congratulations on reaching the end of this blog!
Here are some key takeaways of our IT Professional Resume 2022 Blog:
- Choose the right IT professional resume format. If you don't have any career gaps, go for the Reverse Chronological Resume Format.
- Arrange information under the 7 must-have resume sections.
- Write your name on the topmost part of your IT professional resume.
- Use your current job designation as your profile title.
- Add your contact details like your email ID & mobile number to help a recruiter get in touch with you.
- Write a summary statement if you have more than 3 years of relevant IT work experience. If you have less than 3 years of work experience in the IT sector, write a resume objective instead.
- Describe your work experience using one-liner points to communicate the details of your IT work experience.
- Begin each point with a power verb & use achievement figures to quantify your work achievements & mark them in bold.
- Make a separate 'key skills' section to endorse your IT skills. This will help your IT skills stand out.
- Make a distinct 'technical skills' subsection within the 'key skills' section to distinguish your technical skills from your core IT skills.
- Include an education section in your IT professional resume at all costs.
- Add a certification section if you have any relevant certifications in the IT sector to showcase your skill savviness.
Implement all the steps we have illustrated above to make an IT professional resume that is worth it's salt.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.