How to make a financial advisor resume in 2021?
A financial advisor plays a vital role in the growth of an organization. Hence, it becomes a bit difficult to even bag an entry level financial advisor job in this highly competitive world of professionals.
To help you in getting a financial advisor job, we are here with the essential guidelines to assist you in building an impactful financial advisor resume. You will also get Financial Analyst Resume Sample and HR Generalist Resume Sample in this blog to consider while formatting your financial advisor resume.
Resume building can take a lot of effort as it creates your first impression in front of recruiters. We have tried to cover every important detail related to crafting a financial advisor resume in this blog.
Here are the highlighting summary points you will encounter here:
- Get a clear insight of your targeted job description to draft the perfect resume
- Mention your details in bullet points to improve readability and effectiveness
- Outline your financial planning resume based on the appropriate format to make it look organized
- Add relevant financial advisor skills to your resume and highlight them for better visibility
- Be prepared with the latest interview questions to perform well in the recruitment process
You need to get all the information related to your targeted profile and its application process initially to frame an impeccable entry level financial advisor resume. Considering this, we have answered the following questions in the piece of content:
- What is a financial advisor?
- What does a financial advisor do?
- How much does a financial advisor earn annually?
- What are the key skills to become a financial advisor?
- What are the important sections in a financial advisor resume?
You can also use Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to craft an impressive financial resume in easy steps. It is powered by AI technology that will help you in making your financial planning resume better than your competitors.
Financial Advisor Job Description
The job description is the perfect place where you can pick keywords for your financial service representative resume. Moreover, you must build your financial resume according to the financial advisor job description to get the limelight in your recruitment process.
Here you can see an example of an ideal financial advisor job description:
“We are looking for a financial advisor that can develop sales leads proactively, seek external referral business, and follow upon internal referrals. As a financial advisor, you will have to build and maintain firm relationships with our clients and deliver them customized portfolio management guidance and financial advice.”
Financial Advisor Roles & Responsibilities
Check out some generic roles and responsibilities of a financial advisor in an organization:
- Collaborate with sales executives to execute sales and business development processes
- Develop and maintain the company-client relationship for steady business growth
- Build, implement, and recommend effective investment strategies to get maximum benefits
- Keep a record of all the necessary documents, licenses, and registrations and renew them timely
You can use the job description as well as the roles and responsibilities section to fetch industry-specific keywords and frame bullet points for your financial advisor resume.
Financial Advisor Salary
Image Source: Indeed
According to a recent report by Indeed, the average salary of a financial advisor in the United States is USD 72,570 per annum. It is undeniably a decent salary for an individual to live a prosperous life.
Here you can also check out the average salaries of some similar profiles as a financial advisor. Take a look at the table shown below:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Financial Representative||USD 65,111|
|Financial Professional||USD 78,171|
|Relationship Banker||USD 36,304|
|Finance Associate||USD 64,816|
|Financial Analyst||USD 67,457|
|Financial Consultant||USD 65,459|
Financial Advisor Resume Bullet Points
Mention all of your details except the summary/objective part in bullet points rather than long paragraphs. It will make your financial planning resume impressive as well as easy to read for your recruiter.
You can follow the below-given steps to craft appropriate bullet points for your entry level financial advisor resume:
- Add as many profile-centric keywords as you can to parse through the ATS
- Highlight keywords for better visibility and get your recruiter’s undivided attention
- Club similar bullet points and mention under one heading for better representation
- Start your bullet points with a power verb to grab the attention of your reader
Hiration has curated some ready-to-use resume points that can help you make an effective financial advisor resume. There are more than 250 profiles that you can browse through. Some of them are listed here:
- Finance Manager Resume Points
- Financial Analyst Resume Points
- Business Systems Analyst Resume Points
- Account Executive Resume Points
- Accounting Manager Resume Points
In case of any confusion, you can also try Hiration’s AI-powered Online Resume Builder to craft a job-winning financial planner resume.
Financial Advisor Related Blogs
You can also refer to some of our existing blogs related to the financial advisor profile:
- Financial Analyst Resume
- Investment Banking Resume
- Personal Banker Resume
- Management Consultant Resume
- Tech Support Resume
Financial Analyst Resume Sample
Financial Advisor Skills
It is one of the essential sections of your financial advisor resume. As its name defines, it will showcase all of your skills related to your targeted job profile. Your skills and professional experience section must be connected to look authentic.
You can make separate sections for technical skills and soft skills. Here are some skills of a financial advisor that you can add to your financial planner resume. Check out the financial advisor skills given in the table below:
|Technical Skills||Soft Skills|
|Customer Relationship Management Tools||Client Relationship|
|Microsoft Office Suite||Business Development|
|Accounting Softwares||Wealth Management|
HR Generalist Resume Sample
Financial Advisor Resume Sections
To make the perfect financial advisor resume, you should add all the relevant sections that can help you in organizing your information throughout your financial advisor resume.
You can see all the important finance resume sections in the image shown above. You can also leverage the power of artificial intelligence with the help of Hiration’s Online Resume Builder to make an error-free financial advisor resume.
Financial Advisor Resume Format
You need to select an ideal finance resume format for your financial advisor resume to lead the recruitment hustle. Choosing the right financial service representative resume format can be a tough task as most people do not have appropriate knowledge about it.
Here are the 3 resume formats used majorly across the globe. You can choose any of them as per your education, experience, skills, and job requirements to steal the limelight:
Financial Advisor Interview Questions
An effective finance resume can bring you closer to the job title, however, you will need to clear the interview round. You can check out the latest interview questions as per your job title to perform well in the recruitment process.
Here are some of the questions that your recruiter might ask in the interview round:
- What type of customers do you like to work with?
I would like to deal with corporations, however, I am equally comfortable in working with individual finances. Providing dedicated service in each section is my strength.
- What is your approach to advising the client?
I believe in providing them printed budget arrangements as every individual processes information differently. This approach will give them a detailed idea of their current finances along with future goals.
- What will be the best way to gain the trust of new clients?
Try to build the base first by explaining the ground level of their finances and market condition. Clients’ money is important and they want to understand everything clearly. Hence, a financial adviser must note down all of the client’s priorities and work with them to address all of their requirements.
- What will you do to maintain client loyalty?
Regular communication and updates play a vital role in maintaining company-client relationships. Being a financial advisor, I connect with clients with frequent updates. Moreover, I also manage extra time to resolve all of their concerns.
Financial Advisor Resume Sample
Hiration Resume Review Service
To execute any task with perfection, you need to be an expert. The same goes for finance resume building. You can not make a perfect wealth management resume if you are an amature in writing resumes. Hence, you will need an expert to back you up in the process.
Hiration's team of resume experts can analyze your existing wealth management resume and help you transform it into a masterpiece. Our professionals analyze your finance resume based on the below-given parameters:
- Resume Formatting
- Global Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- Performance Assessment
- Compliance With Industry Norms
- ATS Compliance
- Recruiter Friendly
- Design Compatibility
- Content Relevance
Hiration Online Resume Builder
All of these above-given guidelines will help you in making a highly impactful financial advisor resume. However, Hiration’s AI-powered Online Resume Builder can also help you craft your financial advisor resume effectively.
Check out the highlighting benefits you will get while using our resume builder:
- 1-Click Design Change
- LIVE Resume Editor
- Intuitive Next Text Suggestion
- 25+ Resume Designs
- Save Unlimited Resumes
- A Shareable Link
- LIVE Resume Score
- Auto Bold
- 100+ Prefilled Resume Templates
- Unlimited PDF Downloads
- Full Rich-Text Editor
- JD- Resume Matcher
Additional Services at Hiration
Hiration is providing you complete assistance to clear your recruitment process with the help of our modern techniques. Here are some additional services offered by hiration apart from financial consultant resume building and interview preparation:
Have a look at the key takeaways of this blog:
- Showcase your information in bullet points instead of paragraphs for better representation
- Make separate sections for technical skills and soft skills of a financial advisor for an organized view
- Highlight essential keywords and information to rank high in the ATS
- Frame your financial consultant resume in the appropriate format as per your experience and qualifications
We have elaborated on all the necessary guidelines to build a sparkling financial advisor resume. Still, you can feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance in building a resume. Our experts will be highly obliged to help you anyway.