Are you looking to create a stellar process engineer resume?
Creating an impressive process engineering resume requires a lot of hard work and patience. If not done right, you might fail to secure your dream job.
A hiring manager spends approximately 6 seconds reviewing your candidacy. Therefore, you must present the best version of yourself.
Creating a resume tailored to the targeted job position is definitely one way to grab the recruiter's attention.
Don't know where to start from? Do not worry. Hook yourself to this resume guide to create a process engineer resume that gets you the desired job.
Here is a summary of our process engineering resume blog:
- The reverse-chronological format is the most acceptable resume format to draft your process engineer resume.
- Follow the reverse chronology to list your education and professional experience
- Ensure that you start all the bullet points in your process engineer resume with power verbs that accurately describes what you did
- List your work experience in one-liner bullet points instead of paragraphs to grab the recruiter's attention in the limited timeframe
- Write your summary and professional experience with a cause and effect methodology, i.e., do not just write what you did but also what was the impact of the same
- Provide numbers in your process engineer resume, wherever possible. It helps to showcase the depth of your contribution
In this process engineer resume guide, we will walk you through the various elements of making a process engineer resume making to drastically increase your chances of getting shortlisted.
In this blog, we will discuss the following points in detail:
- How to create an ATS-friendly process engineer resume?
- How to choose a suitable resume format for a process engineer resume?
- What are the important sections that you must include in your process engineer resume?
- How to highlight professional experience in a process engineering resume?
- What skills do you need to be a process engineer?
Visit Hiration’s Online Resume Builder and build your process engineer resume today!
How to Write an ATS Friendly Process Engineer Resume?
Over 98% of Fortune 500 Companies Use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to review resumes. Writing an ATS-compliant resume is more important than you think.
Let us first understand what is a ATS and why it is used in the first place.
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) helps the hiring managers conduct the applicants' preliminary analysis to find the best fit for the job position. The primary purpose of using ATS is to speed up the process by filtering out the resumes for the next round of hiring.
ATS uses an algorithm to search for keywords in the applicants' resumes. The keyword can be targeted for specific skills, education, professional experience, etc., required for the process engineer job.
Let's look into the step to help you create an ATS friendly process engineer resume
- Choose an ATS friendly resume template
- Read through the job description
- Customize your resume for each job
- Update your resume with keywords
- Choose the appropriate file type
Your resume must be filled with the right set of keywords in the form of skills and qualifications that an employer is looking for in a potential employee.
Pro Tip: If the job description asks you to send the word document of your resume, make sure that you do not send the pdf file as that might mean that ATS can't read the pdf format.
How to Choose a Suitable Format for a Process Engineer Resume?
Considering that the recruiters and hiring managers spend a little time evaluating your resume, making the first best impression is imperative.
With that being said, you must choose the resume format that suits your career trajectory. Choose the layout that best highlights your process engineer experience, education, and skills.
There are three common resume formats you can choose from:
Each resume format has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the design you end up choosing will have a significant impact on your candidacy.
The reverse-chronological format is the most popular resume format, and we always recommend you to go with the same if you have a smooth process engineer career trajectory.
You should consider functional and combination resume format if you seek a career change or have gaps in your process engineer jobs.
Resume Sections for Process Engineer Resume
A standard resume has the following sections to categorize your information, giving it a neat and clean look.
The following sections can help you include important points in your resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Key Skills & Technical Skills
- Professional Experience
- Projects (if any)
- Certifications or Training (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
How Should You Highlight Your Work Experience in Your Process Engineer Resume?
The purpose of making a distinct professional experience section is to communicate your qualifications for a job quickly.
Therefore, you must design the process engineer work experience as close to perfect as you can.
Let us look into a few points to list your work experience in your process engineer resume:
- Use reverse chronological order to write your professional experience section, which means writing the most recent profile in terms of dates first and then dating back to the oldest one.
- Follow the format Role | Company | Location | Time Period to design your professional experience.
- Focus more on achievements than your roles and responsibilities as a process engineer since a resume is achievement-based, not responsibility-based.
- Make sure that each point in your resume begins with a power verb.
- Draw a cause-effect relationship in all one-liner points to give a better perspective of what you did and its result.
- Try to add numbers in your work experience section to showcase the depth of your contribution better.
Further, a process engineer resume section should always contain the three elements describes below:
- STAR Format
- Grouping & Highlighting
Let's have a look at a professional experience snapshot from a process engineer resume sample with the above 3 elements:
The star format refers to the Situation, Task, Action, and Result.
- Situation is the difficulty you found yourself in
- Task that was assigned to you as part of the job profile
- Action that was undertaken to perform the assigned task efficiently
- Result is the outcome of your contribution in terms of catapulting business growth
Process Engineering Resume Examples
Performed a key role in brainstorming strategies as part of improving manufacturing processes by 25%
In the example, we can easily identify that the applicant has brainstormed strategies that lead to process improvement by 25%.
Likewise, you apply STAR format for all your bullet points throughout professional experience.
Following the STAR format to describe your work experience in your resume helps you prove your competence as a process engineer.
Make sure there are no paragraphs in your process engineer resume except a summary.
Framing one-liner bullet points to write your professional experience improves the readability experience, giving it a clean look.
Also, try to draw a cause-effect relationship in all one-liner points to give a better perspective to the recruiter about your process engineer experience.
> Process Engineer Resume Example 1
DON'T DO IT:
At XYZ company, I am Supporting daily operations in the production environment and liaising with other teams to identify, select,prioritize and execute process improvement projects. I am also responsible for deploying lean six sigma to eliminate waste, improve material flow, and streamline processes.
>Process Engineer Resume Example 2
Liaising with teams to identify, select,prioritize and execute process improvement projects while supporting daily operations
Deploying lean six sigma to eliminate waste, improve material flow, and streamline processes
> Porcess Engineering Resume Examples Analysis
Both the examples are conveying the same message but example 1 is unclear and time-consuming to read while example 2 is easy to read as we have segregated the information and made two separate points
Using one-liners is the right way to describe your contributions and key achievements in your process engineer resume.
Grouping & Highlighting
For all your professional experience, wherever the total number of points is more than 3, you can group similar points and create subheadings for the same.
Grouping similar points together allow you to showcase your broad-level skills as a process engineer.
Further, highlight key achievements and important words, phrases, and numbers throughout your professional experience in your process engineer resume.
Let's look at a bullet point with a grouping and highlighting approach and the same without and analyze which one is better.
Process Engineer Example 1
DON'T DO IT:
Developed 5+ new products in collaboration with cross-functional teams for production and technical issues
Leading a team of 10 for capital projects related to equipment installations and modifications
Process Engineer Example 2
Product Development & Team Leadership
Developed 5+ new products in collaboration with cross-functional teams for production and technical issues
Leading a team of 10 professionals for capital projects related to equipment installations and modifications
Process Engineer Example Analysis
Grouping and highlighting helps the recruiter identify your core skills and achievements easily by making them stand out.
How to Write Your Personal Information in the Process Engineer Resume?
The header is the topmost section of your resume.
The header section includes your contact information for the potential employer to reach out to you quickly if your resume is shortlisted.
Your contact information includes the following details
- Active Phone Number
- Professional Email Address
- Current location
It is imperative to add the correct contact details. There is no point in applying for a job if you do not give the hiring manager a way to reach out to you.
Additionally, you can also add the link to your LinkedIn, Github, Kaggle, and personal website.
|Contact Number:||+1 234 189 1010|
|Location||New York, NY|
Hiration Pro Tip: Maintain standard formatting of all your locations: (city, state) if you apply within the country; (state, country) if you are applying internationally.
Below is a snapshot for helping you write your personal information correctly in your process engineer resume:
Include your contact information in your process engineer resume withoit fail for recruiters to reach out to you.
How Should You List Your Education on a Process Engineer Resume?
To be eligible for the process engineer job position, you will typically need a graduate or post graduate degree in chemical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering.
Follow reverse-chronological order to list your education in a process engineer resume.
If you are a recent graduate with no work experience, place your education section below the skills section else you should place it below your work experience.
Make sure that the following points are included in the education section of your process engineer resume:
- Name of your school/university.
- Name of the courses you pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
- Date of enrollment and graduation.
Look at the provided snapshot to help you write your educational qualifications in your process engineer resume:
If you still have any doubts in writing the education section, you can read Hiration's Guide on how to list education on your resume.
Add Projects in Your Process Engineer Resume
Add relevant projects in your process engineer resume that will help the recruiter evaluate your expertise.
All you need to do is create a separate section on your resume and give it an appropriate title i.e PROJECTS
The following tips can help you list the details of your projects in a process engineer resume:
- Begin with the Project Description in one line followed by the ‘Tech stack/environment’.
- Next write the Problem Statement/Objective in one line
- After this, write the Solution sub-section, include all the measures you took in bullet points, with each point beginning with a power verb.
- The last sub-section would be Key Achievements where all your points with quantifiable impact/performance figures will go.
What Certifications Can You Put in Your Process Engineer Resume?
Adding certifications to your process engineer resume can help you earn extra brownie points from the recruiters. It shows the employer that you know your stuff well.
For all your certifications, follow the format mentioned below
Certification | Certifying Authority | Time Period
Obtaining certificates like Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, chemical engineer, etc., will give you an edge in job hunting and increase your overall value as a process engineer in the job market.
Still confused on how to add your certifications in your process engineer resume? Look at the screenshot below take from the process engineer resume created in our Hiration’s Online Resume Builder
You should always consider Listing certifications on a resume. Read the blog to know why.
How to Present Process Engineering Skills for Resume?
Gone are the days of writing generic engineering skills for resume indicating how flexible, dynamic, and hard-working you are.
For a top-notch Process Engineer resume, your skills and competencies should resonate with the technical requirements of the job position.
Here are a few essential points to consider while writing your process engineer skills:
- Read the job description carefully and identify the key skills required for the job posting.
- Analyze your professional experience and identify the skills you can add in the key skills & technical skills section.
- Find the common key skills in JD and your process engineer work experience.
- Create a separate Key Skills section just below your resume summary and add the skills.
Reading through the job description and adding keywords in your process engineer resume will ensure that your resume is identified by applicant tracking systems. It also increases the chances of your resume getting shortlisted.
Some of the most common skills that every process engineering professional is expected to possess are listed below:
| Lean Six Sigma | Statistical Process Control |
| Troubleshooting | Process Improvement |
| Project Management | Operations Standarization |
| Troubleshooting | Regulatory Compliance |
Look at the screenshot provided below to learn how should you add your skills your process engineer resume:
Hiration's guide on how to list skills on a resume can give you more insight into curating skills section for your process engineer resume.
Should You Include Summary or Objective Section in Your Process Engineer Resume?
A summary is only in paragraph form (not bullets), not exceeding 3-4 lines.
The summary is the last thing you should write in your resume once you are done writing professional experience, skills, certifications, etc.
Consider the points mentioned below to write your process engineer resume summary:
- Compose resume summary if you have 3+ years of experience
- Use the summary section to highlight the most essential skills from your professional experience sections in cause-effect methodology
- Make sure to include a few job-specific keywords in the summary section
- Do not exceed the summary section within **4-5 lines **
Have a look at the snapshot provided below to write an impeccable summary for your process engineer resume that grabs the recruiter's attention immediately:
Compose a process engineer resume summary that makes the recruiter read your entire resume.
However, write a resume objective instead of a summary if you have no or less than 3 years of experience.
Read more about resume objectives to learn when and how you should make an objective section for your resume.
The idea for a summary & an objective is the same. But a resume objective focuses mainly on your academic accomplishments, volunteer experience, internship experience, research experience, etc.
Resume Review Service
Get your resume professionally reviewed by our resume experts at Hiration. Your resume will be reviewed in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder
Here is a list of the resources that come with Hiration's Online Resume Builder:
- Option to save unlimited resume templates
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Hiration Cover Letters
Cover letters are like windows to your resume!
Make sure that you create a suitable quality control cover letter to send along with your quality control resume.
Hiration's Cover Letter Builder provides the following features:
- 10+ ready to use templates
- 15+ designs
- Freedom to customize templates
- Create multiple cover letters
- Easy downloading
This is not all!
There are other amazing products and services of Hiration that can help take you a step ahead of every other professional while strengthening your professional presence.
Make sure to check out the following features:
Process Engineering Resume Template
Here is a quick roundup of the process engineer resume blog:
- Choose the resume format that suits your career trajectory and is ATS compliant & recruiter friendly
- Add the correct contact details in your process engineer resume for the hiring manager to reach out to you if the resume is shortlisted
- Include resume sections as required to fit all the essential details in your process engineer resume
- Frame your work experience in such a way that it is easy to read and showcase your skills and expertise
- Do not add exaggerate or add any falsified information in your process engineer resume
- Always proofread your process engineer resume before you send the final draft to the hiring manager
We hope that our process engineer resume guide with examples and samples helps you in creating a great resume for yourself.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.