How to create a data modeling resume?
If you are wandering around this question, you are in the right place.
According to Payscale.com, a data modeler’s salary is around $81,500 with a range between $59,000 and $121,000
Because of this lucrative opportunity, the competition to become a data modeler is also at its peak. And in this peak competition, if you want to get a job as a data modeler, you should know how to craft a data modeler resume to get the attention of the recruiters.
This blog will tell you everything you need to know about creating a data modeling resume.
Here is a summary of the data modeling blog:
- If you are an entry-level professional, focus on your course modules, extra-curricular activities, and volunteer experiences.
- Do not write an objective, instead write a resume summary which will put much more emphasis on your profile.
- Create a different key skills section in the resume and write all your relevant key skills in that segment.
- For an entry-level position, your project section will be an essential part of your resume.
In addition, try to add your GitHub portfolio or your updated Linkedin profile link to your resume.
In this blog, we will tell you about:
- What is the job description of a data modeler?
- What is the salary of a data modeler in the USA?
- What format to choose when writing a data modeling resume?
- How to create a perfect data modeler resume header?
- How to write an ideal data modeling skills section for your data modeler resume?
- What elements to include in the education section of the data modeling resume?
- How to write the professional experience section of the data modeling resume?
Apart from that, if you want to create another related resume, you can check out our resources of resume given below:
Data Modeler Job Description
Here is a typical job description of a data modeler:
We are looking for a talented data modeling professional to help us with designing and implementing cloud databases. You will be working with data architects and analysts to implement data modeling solutions to improve the data management system.
Data Modeler: Roles and responsibilities
- Analyzing business data and creating a data model for the organization
- Evaluating existing databases and create conceptual data models for the organization
- Modify existing data systems to ensure compatibility across the board
- Troubleshoot and optimize the existing data system
The requirement to become a Data Modeller:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or in the similar field
- Hands-on experience in physical data modeling
- Knowledge in mathematical and statistical data analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Data Modeler Salary:
According to indeed.com, the average salary of $60.90 per hour.
Salary of Data Modeler in the United States of USA:
|New York, NY||$78.41 per hour|
|Chicago, IL||$74.71 per hour|
|San Antonio, TX||$69.12 per hour|
|Wilmington, DE||$61.16 per hour|
|Charlotte, NC||$58.73 per hour|
|Dallas, TX||$58.12 per hour|
|Pittsburgh, PA||$55.48 per hour|
|Boston, MA||$54.86 per hour|
Data modeling Resume Sections
The data modeling resume should be broken down into various sections, and every section should be created with utmost care.
Here are some of the key sections you should include in the data modeling resume:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Data Modelling Skills
- Professional Experience
- Certifications (if any)
- Projects (if any)
- Training/Workshops (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
Read further and understand how to create the sections in a resume:
Data Modeling Resume Header
Data modeling resume header is the first thing a recruiter sees in your resume.
So, you need to make sure that it’s catchy and easy to identify.
Here are some tips you can follow to create a perfect resume header:
- Write your full name instead of writing “Resume” or “CV” in the resume header.
- If you have a middle name, only write the initial of the middle name in the resume header.
- Make the font size of the header the largest. Use a font size between 16 - 20 points.
- When writing your resume header, choose a professional font—for example, Ariel, Times New Roman, Calibri, etc.
If you wish to get more in-depth information about the resume header, make sure to check out Resume Header Blog
Here is one of the resume header examples for your reference.
Data Modeller Resume: Personal Information
The personal information section in the data modeler resume is one of the essential sections since it contains your contact information. However, this section is often overlooked by many candidates.
**Here are some of the tips to write your personal information in a clear and concise way for the recruiters: **
- While writing your contact number, add ISD code along with a (+) sign before the ISD code. For example: +91 92839 37483
- Provide a professional-looking email address. Example:
Don't Do It:
Do not share your full address in the resume. Instead, write your residential location in the
city, country code format for jobs inside your country
State, country code format if you are applying for a job outside your country.
Since data modeling is a technical profile, add your Linkedin profile, GitHub profile link, or your live projects link on the personal information section.
Here is a sample of the personal information section of data modeling resume:
|Contact Number||+1 (376) 6223 111|
If you have any doubts or want to know more about the resume personal information section, read Hiration's Guide on Personal Information to get more information.
Here is an example of personal information section in data modeling resume:
Data Modeling Resume: Professional Experience
A well-crafted professional experience section can dramatically increase your chances of getting an interview.
So, you need to be extra careful when creating a data modeling resume professional experience section.
Here are some points that can help you create a job-winning professional experience for data modeling:
- Use the reverse chronological format to write the professional experiences in your resume.
- Do not use paragraphs to describe your skills and achievements. Instead, write them down in single-line bullet formats.
- Use cause and effect relation to create the bullet points for making them impactful and cohesive.
- Bold important phrases and statistics on the resume to highlight them in front of the recruiter.
- Group relevant bullet points under single skills sub-headings for improving readability for the recruiters
Still, feel confused?
Read our Hiration Professional Experience Section Guide to clear all your doubts and create a stellar professional experience section for data modelers.
Here is a screenshot of the professional experience section of a data modeling resume:
Data Modeling Resume: Education Section
The minimum requirement for becoming a data modeler is to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other equivalent degree.
You need to show the recruiter that you have all the minimum requirements necessary to become a data modeler.
The necessary elements the education section should contain are:
- Name of the University/School
- Name of the Degree Course
- Location of the School/ University
- Enrollment and Graduation data
- GPA if it’s greater than 3.5
Here is a screenshot displaying how to write the education sedition in a data modeler resume in detail:
If you want to get more information, read the Hiration education section guide.
Data Modeler Resume: Certifications
Since data modeling is a competitive market, you need to stay updated about the latest trends to get a high-paying job.
In that case, a certification can help in a big way to show the recruiter that you have all the relevant knowledge about data modeling.
Here are some certifications for data modeling:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Big Data
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Administrator
- EMC Proven Professional Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA)
- IBM Certified Data Architect – Big Data
- MapR Certified Data Analyst 1.9
- MapR Certified Hadoop Developer 1.0
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
And here is the best format which you can apply to write the certification section in your resume.
Certificate Name | Certifying Authority | Location | Date
Here is a screenshot of the certificate section in your resume to help you create a certification section in your resume:
Here is a Hiration guide on certification section to help you understand better
Data Modeling Resume Summary
A resume summary is the first proper content in your resume which can entice the recruiters to read your entire resume. So you need to create a summary section with utmost care.
Here are some tips for writing the resume summary on data modeling resume:
- If you have 3+ years of experience, use the resume summary or add a resume objective.
- Do not use first-person or second-person pronouns in the resume.
- Highlight the most relevant skill of experience in the resume summary and try to wrap up the resume summary within 3-4 sentences
Here is an example of the Data Modeller resume summary:
Data Modelling Skills Section:
If you can showcase your skill sets in the resume in a clear way, it will help you get noticed by recruiters easily.
And since your profile is technology-oriented, you can divide the skills section into two parts.
- Key Skills: Here include all your core competencies
- Technical skills: Here include tools and frameworks you are proficient in
|Data Modeling||Technical Skills|
|Data Modeling||Key Skills|
|Data Analysis||Data Indexing|
|Data Visualization||Data Processing|
|Issue Resolution||Technical Assistance|
|Process Improvement||Customer Servicing|
|Report Generation||Penetration Testing|
If you want to know more about how to create the key Skills section in your resume, you can read the **Hiraiton Resume Skills Guide**
Here is a screenshot of data modeling resume key skills section to help you understand it better:
Online Resume Builder
If you want to create an ATS-friendly Data modeller resume, you can create it in Hiraitons’ Online Resume Builder.
You’ll get the following features:
- Live resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- 25+ resume designs
- Pre-made resume templates
- 100+ resume templates
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- Full rich-text editor
- A sharable link
Data Modeling Resume Sample:
Here are a few takeaways from our Data modeling Resume:
- Use the grouping and highlighting method to highlight your skills and accomplishments to the recruiter.
- If you are an entry-level data modeler, focus more on course modules, projects, volunteer experiences, etc.
- Always write a resume summary if you have 3+ years of experience in the data modeling field.
- Make sure to keep the resume under one page even if you have 5+ years of experience.
- Always use a professional and simple font to write a resume, for example, Ariel, Times New Roman, etc.
We have tried to cover all the aspects of creating a data modeller resume.
If you have any questions regarding it, shoot us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.