Click here to directly go to the complete Event Manager Cover Letter sample.
Do I send it or do I not?
If you are struggling to decide on sending an event manager cover letter along with your event planning resume, then let us help you out.
Just Do It!
Sending an event planner cover letter along with your event planning resume is only going to bump your chances of getting noticed by the recruiters.
A significant number of applicants do not send an event planner cover letter, so when a chosen few do decide to send one, they are automatically highlighted.
Sending an event manager cover letter tells the recruiter a few things about you:
- Your interest in the job
- A better insight into your professional identity
- The extra mile you went for this job application
And these points are going to work in your favor.
Continue reading to find answers to the following questions:
- What Should be in the event manager cover letter?
- How to write an event manager cover letter?
- What is the correct format for an event manager cover letter?
- What are the dos & don'ts of drafting a cover letter?
- What are event planner resume skills
What Should be in the Cover Letter for Event Manager
As grand and fun as it sounds, event planning is no easy feat. You are always one wrong step away from turning the event into a massive failure, hence you need to ace the event planner resume skills.
There are five Cs to successfully manage an event:
If you can follow these 5 steps, your event is going to be a massive success. You need to convince the recruiter via your event planner cover letter that you have, and you will ace the five cs.
Mention your skill set while backing it up with proof to drive your point home and boost your chances of getting shortlisted.
Event Planner Resume Skills
A successful event is a testimony to your event planner resume skills. Without the key skills required to become an event manger, you will not be able to prosper in your career.
We have listed a number of event planner resume skills from a trusted resource for your perusal:
- People Skills
- Listening Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Decision Making
- Industry Knowledge
Also Read: How to add skills to your resume?
How to write a Cover Letter for an Event Manager
Now that we know why a cover letter is important and what it should consist of, let's move on to the most important part - how to create a cover letter for an event manager?
The basics of writing a stellar cover letter for event coordinator is the structure, without a decent structure things tend to fall apart and so will your cover letter.
Your cover letter should look something like this:
To help you create a job-winning cover letter, we have also mentioned the correct format for the event manager cover letter.
Also Read: How to write a cover letter?
Event Manager Cover Letter Format
The below-mentioned points can be referred to while drafting an event manager cover letter:
- Keep your event manager cover letter left-aligned along with 1" - 4" margins
- Use professional and simple fonts like Times New Roman, Helvetica, or Arial
- The ideal font size for your cover letter should be between 10.5 points and 12 points
- Limit your cover letter to three paragraphs
- The event manager cover letter header should consist of name, profile, and contact information
Also Read: How long should a cover letter be?
How to Address the Company & the Hiring Manager
One of the most important aspects and often the most overlooked is the correct way to address the company you are applying to and the hiring manager.
A few points to remember are:
- Mention the name of the hiring manager instead of just mentioning their designation
- Use the complete company name along with the address, city, and state code zip
- Avoid using 'Sir' or 'Madam' for salutation, rather use their name
A correct format displays your effort to join the company, and it will not go unnoticed by the hiring manager.
Do your Research
Research well about the company before applying for a job, irrespective of the domain. Knowing the company history, vision, employee treatment will help you get ahead in the interviews as well as in the application process.
There is a plethora of information available, a few sources can be:
- The official company website will have all the necessary information
- Social media pages of companies that are easily accessible
- A simple google search can help you find all the relevant information
Event Manager Cover LetterHere is an event manager cover letter example that you can refer to:
This cover letter was made using Hiration's Online Cover Letter Builder, you can use the same to create a cover letter for event coordinator or even event coordinator cover letter entry level.
Dos and Don'ts of Drafting a Cover Letter for Event Manager
Best Practices for writing a cover letter for event manager:
- Include keywords in your event coordinator cover letter from the job description to parse through the ATS
- Proofread your event planner cover letter before sending it to avoid any typos or grammatical mistakes
- Use numbers to quantify your achievements in the cover letter for event manager
- Keep a professional tone while mentioning the reasons for your interest in the company
- Customize your event manager cover letter for each application since requirements vary in different companies
Avoid these mistakes while creating an event manager cover letter:
- Addressing the hiring manager as 'Sir' or 'Madam'
- Exaggerating your accomplishments
- Writing your personal life story and exceeding the one-page limit
- Not using a standard format
Do Read: Great tips for writing a Cover Letter
An event planner cover letter along with an event planner job description resume is like butter to your toast, a perfect combination. It helps elevate your job application and gives you ample opportunity to expand and highlight your achievements that you might not have been able to in your resume.
A few key takeaways from this article are:
- Using fonts like Times New Roman is recommended since it is professional and simple while keeping the font size between 10.5 points -** 12** points
- Addressing the hiring manager by using their name will give a personalized tone to your event manager cover letter examples
- Research well about the company and the job posting you are applying to and add relevant keywords from the Job description to your cover letter
- Highlighting your achievements by quantifying them to help the recruiter understand your level of expertise
You can also leverage the ready-made event manager cover letter examples available on our Online Cover Letter Builder and save yourself the tedious task of creating a cover letter from scratch.
If you need any assistance in using our Online Cover Letter Builder or creating a cover letter on your own, drop a mail to our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.