Is your coaching resume a hindrance to landing the dream job?
A coach is responsible for mentoring and training athletes for national & international level competitions at a scholastic, collegiate and professional level.
A coaching resume is a great opportunity to showcase your skills and expertise, but if you fail to organize it effectively, it can be a big obstacle between you and the coveted job position.
In this article, we will drill deeper into the mechanisms of drafting an industry-standard coaching resume to bolster the chances of shortlisting and get you more interview calls.
From helping you choose the right coaching resume format to listing professional experience, qualifications, skills, etc., you will find it all in this coaching resume guide. With multiple coaching resume samples and snapshots, we will explore the best practices of resume writing.
Read the below-mentioned points to learn the key components of the blog:
- Read the job description carefully to implement relevant keywords in your coach resume to beat the bots.
- Frame one-liner bullet points to write your work experience and mention quantifiable achievements.
- Group similar bullet points under relevant subheadings and further highlight important words and numbers.
- Draft a coach resume summary in 4-5 lines while establishing a cause and effect relationship in each line.
In this article, we have answered the following questions:
- How to list your work experience in a coaching resume?
- How to list your educational details in a coaching resume?
- Which coaching skills to add to your resume?
- What are other crucial sections to add to a coaching resume?
Roles & Responsibilities of a Coach
- Train and discipline athletes while evaluating performance and providing constructive feedback.
- Monitor teams' performance and identify key areas of improvement.
- Develop training programs as per the requirement of an individual requirement or a group.
- Encourage participants to develop and enhance knowledge, skills & techniques
- Identify strengths and weaknesses while instilling confidence & self-belief in the participants.
Read the sports coach job profile to have a broader view of the coaching job specifications.
Coaching Salary in the United States
- According to Indeed, the average salary for a sports coach is $17.74 per hour.
- According to Payscale, the average base salary of an athletic coach is $ 43,83 yearly.
How to Describe Professional Experience in a Coaching Resume?
Read the following points to avoid repeating them in your coaching resume
- Do not write long sentences to describe your contributions and achievements in the coaching industry.
- Not using the right power verbs or repeating actionable power verbs in bullet points.
- Failing to establish a cause and effect relationship by just mentioning what you did without showcasing the results/outcomes of the same.
- Not providing enough numbers to highlight your achievements in prior positions.
- Highlighting important words and numbers to make sure the recruiters don’t miss out on any relevant information.
Still not satisfied with how your employment history looks in the coaching resume? Read our detailed guide on Writing the Perfect Professional Experience Section to perfect your work experience section.
What to Include in the Education Section of a Resume?
Coaches and sports professionals are required to have a bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Fitness, Sport Science, or any related field.
While listing the education background, ensure mentioning the below-mentioned details
- Name of the school/university you have attended
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university in City, State Code format.
- Provide dates for both enrollment and graduation.
Still not sure how to put your professional qualifications on your resume? Read our comprehensive guide on including your Education Details on Your Resume.
How to Design the Skills Section of a Coaching Resume?
Before writing the skills section in your coaching resume, it is crucial for you to read the below-mentioned points.
- Read the job description carefully of the organizations you are interested in working with.
- Identify the keywords from the job descriptions to make your coaching resume ATS-friendly.
- Read your work experience and extract key & technical skills relevant to the job profile.
- Shortlist and prioritize the skills that you possess and are mentioned in the job description.
Does this sound too much of a hassle? We will tell you why this is an important step in your job hunting process.
To speed up the recruitment process, 75% of hiring professionals utilize Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to filter out the candidates. Hence, adding keywords to your coaching resume is of paramount importance.
To gain a deeper understanding, check our comprehensive guide on adding Resume Skills for creating the skills section flawlessly.
Try our Online Resume Builder for drafting an ATS-friendly coaching resume and getting recommendations from resume experts.
Other Crucial Sections to Add to a Coaching Resume?
Below are a few sections you must add to your coach resume to include all the necessary details about your candidacy. Give them a read to know why they are important to add.
Coach Resume Header
Read the points mentioned below to curate a perfect header section for your coaching resume:
- Avoid writing CV or Resume, instead write your full name as the coach resume header
- Ensure the font size of 16-20 points for the coaching resume header
- If you have a middle name, write the initials followed by a full stop.
Personal Details & Profile Title for Coaching Resume
Profile title is the second-largest text in your resume. A font size of 14-16 points for the coaching resume profile title is recommended.
Adding contact details to the resume is crucial. No matter how stunning your coaching resume is, if the recruiter can't get in touch with you, you have lost the opportunity.
Following details should be added to your coach resume: * Your phone number
- The location in the 'City, State Code' format
- Your professional email id.'
Have a look at the example below to understand what exactly are we talking about:
|Contact Number:||(615) 812 6250|
|Current Location:||New York, NY|
Wish to learn more about this section? Read Hiration's Guide to Contact Information in Your Resume
Coaching Resume Summary
A resume summary is an insight into the entire resume. It is a professional statement highlighting relevant experience, skills, and achievements.
- Write the resume summary in a paragraph
- Limit the summary within 4-5 lines
- Establish a cause and effect relationship in each line of the resume summary
DON'T DO IT:
- Mention skills irrelevant to the job profile
- Act funny or add any sort of humor
- Exaggerate or mention any information that is not true
Certification Section in Coaching Resume
Create a separate 'Certifications' section to add relevant coaching-related certifications and list the following details:
- Name of the certification/course name
- Name of the certified authority
- Mention dates for both enrollment and course completion
Peruse our guide on adding Certifications to a Resume to have a better picture on writing the certifications section.
Other Sections to Include in Your Coaching Resume
Adding a few sections may seem irrelevant for a formal document, but including them can enhance your resume.
Awards & Recognitions: Mention all the awards and honors you were accorded with to date in this section.
Volunteer Experience: Include the name of the organization you volunteered for along with its location, the time period, followed by a bulleted list explaining your contributions & and key achievements.
Additional Information: Mention your hobbies and languages known in the additional section of your coaching resume.
Visit Hiration's AI-powered Online Resume Builder to create a personalized coaching resume with our pre-designed 25+ resume templates and samples.
Hiration Cover Letters
Pair your coaching resume with a personalized cover letter.
A cover letter is a one-page professional document that acts as a personal introduction providing the hiring manager with a fair idea of your ability to contribute to the company's growth.
Hiration's Cover Letter Builder provides the following features:
- 10+ ready to use templates
- 15+ designs
- Freedom to customize templates
- Create multiple cover letters
- Easy and unlimited downloads
This is not all!
Make sure to check out the following features:
Resume Review Service
Get your coaching resume reviewed by our resume experts at Hiration.
The following parameters are taken care of by our resume experts
- ATS Compliance
- Design Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Compliance with industry norms
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendly
- Conversion Scope
- Global Compatibility
- Resume Formatting
Online Resume Builder
Here is a list of the resources that come with Hiration's resume builder:
- A sharable link
- Save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- Auto bold
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- LIVE resume editor
Go to Hiration's Online Resume Builder and explore all the features.
Coaching Resume Sample
Here is a quick roundup of our coaching resume guide so that you don't miss out on any important details:
- In the bulleted one-liner points, make sure to focus on the why and the results of your actions.
- Make sure to add keywords in your coach resume to make it ATS compatible
- Ensure that your coach resume summary is an amalgamation & summarization of the skills and accomplishments relevant to the job position.
- Make suitable resume sections based on your career trajectory to effectively add all the required details.
- Complement your resume with a customized cover letter explicitly stating how you can be an asset to the organization.
If you have any queries or suggestions, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.