Chick-fil-A is one of the largest American fast food chains headquartered in Georgia, with 2,813 restaurants across the country.
If you have been shortlisted for a job interview at chick-fil-A, good interview preparation will play a crucial role in determining your chances of landing the job.
Working at Chick-fil-A can serve as a great stepping stone for your career if you are a high schooler, a college student, or an aspiring entrepreneur.
Besides making a great addition to your resume, the work experience will help you gain necessary skills like leadership and time management.
Additionally, Chick-fil-A offers college scholarships up to $25,000 known as Remarkable Futures, to its staff members to help them pursue higher studies.
So, if you want to nail the interview at Chick-fil-A and bag a job, read on.
You will get clarity on the following questions related to Chick-fil-A interview questions:
- How do you prepare for a Chick-fil-A interview?
- What questions does chick-fil-a ask in an interview?
- What are some of the common Chick-fil-A operator interview questions?
- What are the top Chick-fil-A cashier interview questions?
- What are some questions to ask at Chick-fil-A interview?
How Do You Prepare for a Chick-fil-A Interview?
Since Chick-fil-A is a culture-driven company that emphasizes community, an important part of your interview preparation will be to learn about the company's mission and values.
Many of the Chick-fil-A job interview questions will be based on the same.
Additionally, analyzing the job description provided in the listing to learn what is expected from the role you’re interviewing for will help you prepare for Chick-fil-A interview questions and answers.
Apart from this, you must follow the below-given pointers to prepare for a Chick-fil-A interview:
- Strategize how you’d address any concerns that interviewers may have about your candidacy (career gaps, layoffs, etc.)
- Prepare at least 2-3 questions that you’d want to ask the interviewers about the company and your role
- Identify your selling points in terms of the job description
- Practice answering common Chick-fil-A interview questions out loud to build confidence
- Keep a casual business attire ready for the interview
- Check the commute time and find out the easiest way to reach the interview venue
- Ensure that your application has been filled completely
- If you are preparing for a phone interview, ensure that your service connection is stable
Common Chick-fil-A Interview Questions and Answers
Chick-fil-A interview questions can vary depending on the role you’re interviewing for.
However, there are some common questions that you are bound to encounter during a Chick-fil-A interview, irrespective of the role.
Take a look at the below-given general Chick-fil-A interview questions with sample answers:
What Does “Going the Extra Mile” Mean for You?
Since Chick-fil-A has a reputation for exceeding customer expectations, it’s only natural that recruiters would want to know how you would contribute to keeping up the company’s reputation.
Although there is no right or wrong answer to this question, your answer must tell the recruiters that you share the company’s values and will do your best to provide great service to the customers.
“To me, “going the extra mile” means doing my best and always pushing myself to do better like providing better service and doing something a little extra for customers when they’re least expecting it. Like a thoughtful gesture that they will remember, be it asking how their day went, or ensuring that they receive their order on time if they are in a rush. My goal is to exceed customer expectations and make the experience a positive one for everyone involved.”
Why Do You Want to Work at Chick-fil-A?
No employer wants to hire a candidate who is lukewarm about the job. Hiring is a tedious process that requires a lot of resources and time.
Therefore, recruiters ask this question to see what drives the candidate to join their company. Is the candidate genuinely interested in the role? Is money the only factor?
Your answer needs to address these concerns of the recruiters and must showcase your enthusiasm to join the company.
One way to answer this question is by leveraging the research you’ve done about the company and showing how your values are aligned with the company.
“Chick-fil-A has always been a part of my childhood and I’ve made wonderful memories here. Needless to say, the staff members added to my positive experience here and I would love it if I could do the same for others. I would love to represent a company whose values match my personal beliefs of giving back to the community and treating everyone with honor, dignity, and respect.”
What Hours Can You Work?
The majority of employees at Chick-fil-A work in shifts.
This means that you will not have a fixed schedule and at times you will work early mornings while other times, you will take care of the late night, or afternoon shifts.
Therefore, recruiters will be more likely to hire someone who can be flexible with their work schedule and would be comfortable working on holidays occasionally.
Your answer must showcase your flexibility and in case you have other commitments like school or college, make sure to inform the recruiters.
“On most days, my class hours are between 9 am and 2 pm. So, I can pick up afternoon and evening shifts. And as for days when my classes are off, I’m comfortable working any shift, including weekends.”
Chick-fil-A Operator Interview Questions
Given below are some of the common Chick-fil-A operator interview questions you can practice if you are interviewing for this position:
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses as an operator?
- What do you know about being a Chick-Fil-A Operator?
- What sticks out the most to you about Chick-Fil-A’s history and culture?
- Without considering the Chick-Fil-A brand, why do you want to work at a restaurant?
- How do you develop someone? Provide a specific example?
- What do you know about Chick-fil-A?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Chick-fil-A Cashier Interview Questions
If you are interviewing for the role of a cashier at Chick-fil-A, prepare to answer the following interview questions:
- What does excellent customer service mean to you?
- Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team?
- What if a coworker calls out sick and you're on your own?
- How are you with handling money?
- Tell me about a time you delivered excellent service.
- What is your experience in dealing with conflict?
- How do you handle pressure?
Questions to Ask at Chick-fil-A Interview
At the end of the interview, recruiters are likely to ask you if you have any questions for them.
And in case you don’t have a few questions prepared in advance, you can be caught in hot waters.
Also, it is not ideal to say that you don’t have any questions for them as this would hint that you are not interested in the role.
Asking the right questions can pose you as a candidate who is genuinely interested in the role and can also provide valuable insight into the key requirements of the employers.
Given below are 5 sample questions that you can ask in a Chick-fil-A interview:
- What would a typical day at work look like?
- How do you measure success for this position?
- What is the biggest challenge this Chick-fil-A location experiences? How can this role help solve that challenge?
- If you had a chance to give every new hire one piece of advice, what would it be?
- How long does the training period last if I get hired for the role?
Key Points from the Blog
- Since Chick-fil-A is a culture-driven company, an important part of your interview preparation will be to learn about the company's mission and values.
- You must analyze the job description and practice common Chick-fil-A interview questions before the interview.
- “What does going the extra mile mean for you?” “Why do you want to work for Chick-fil-A” and “what hours can you work” are some of the common Chick-fil-A interview questions
- Asking the right questions at the end of the interview can pose you as a candidate who is genuinely interested in the role and can also provide valuable insight into the key requirements of the employers.
Should you need expert guidance to prepare for common Chick-fil-A interview questions, visit Hiration’s Career Activator Platform which offers 24x7 chat support. You can also reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.