Who is a python developer?
A python developer codes, designs, deploys, and debugs computer applications using python programming. They typically work on the server-side or back-end of development projects.
But with the arrival of data science and machine learning, they have started working to develop the front-side projects as well.
As a python developer, you would develop an application for your employer, design the framework for your code, construct tools to get the job done, create websites, or launch new services. Python developers thus develop applications, assure the quality of applications or test the project.
Python is so popular that top companies such as Google, Spotify, and Pinterest use it for their back-end development.
The job market for software developers, quality assurance analysts, and testers is projected to grow 22% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations as per the US Bureau of Labour and Statistics.
Has coding become second nature to you? Do you wish to become a python developer?
Read on to learn about the job of a python developer in-depth and answer the following FAQs:
- Why is Python preferred?
- What is a python developer's salary?
- What are the python developer skills for freshers?
- How to become a python developer step by step?
- How to become a python developer in 3 months?
- What are the python developer jobs for freshers?
Why Python Developers are in Demand?
In October 2021, Python ended a two-decade hegemony of C as ranked on the TIOBE index based on its popularity. This is an enormous feat for a programming language.
30% of developers in Stack Overflow Survey wish to learn Python, making it the most wanted language for the 4th consecutive year.
Some questions would now arise in your mind. Why is Python preferred so much? Why are Python developers in demand?
Python is an cross-platform open-source programming language. It works with Mac OS X, Windows, Raspberry Pi, and Linux. It completes commands using new lines rather than parentheses. It employs whitespace to describe the scope of loops, classes, and functions rather than curly brackets.
For debugging the program, the interpreter will trigger an exception if a flaw in the code is discovered. The interpreter prints a stack trace if no errors are identified. The debugger further helps the developer with:
- Examining both the global and local variables.
- Setting breakpoints
- Evaluating arbitrary expressions
- Reviewing code line by line
Further python has low development costs and is rendered suitable for machine learning tasks. Python is preferred over other programming languages for multiple reasons:
- It is preferred over Java as it allows changes to the structure of the code at runtime rather than simply during compilation.
- It is preferred over PHP as it allows for better readability and versatility.
- It is preferred over Ruby for its simplicity and technology.
How Much Does Python Developer Make in 2022?
The national average salary for a Python Developer in the United States is $96,890 per year, according to Glassdoor, with salaries ranging from $65,000 to $107,000. The jr python developer salary is $65,000 on average per year. Freelance python developer salary varies from project to project.
Which Are the Required Skills for Python Developer Jobs?
The python developer job description contains technical qualifications for developers to be efficient in. Some of the python developer jobs skills are:
- Expert in frameworks like Django and Flask, among others.
- Comprehensive understanding of essential Python concepts, packaging of code, it's release, and it's deployment
- Knowledge of server-side languages and databases is required.
- Proficient in conditional, circles and control statements.
- Familiarity with Git, SVN, etc.
- Knowledge of managing multi-process setups.
- Grasp in Object Relational Mapper and more libraries.
- Skilled in using debugging tools such as Selenium
- Proficient in web frameworks
- Expertise in HTML5, JS, CSS3
Developers should also have specific soft skills, such as:
- Effective Communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Expert in project & time management
- Goal-Oriented, Collaborative and Innovative
- Data security protocols and its ramifications
Also Read: What Skills to Put on a Resume?
How to get a Python Development Job in 2022?
The market is becoming competitive, as more and more professionals study Python and get python developer jobs. So, be clear with a roadmap to achieve results faster and get a job.
Educational Qualification Required For Python Developer Jobs
First, you must select whether you will pursue a formal computer science degree. A degree is suggested for candidates who have the time and desire to go deeply into computer science theory. It is an essential requirement for some companies, but they can forego it if they have a robust experience and portfolio.
So, a degree can be desirable but not mandatory for getting entry level python developer jobs.
Attend Boot Camps
Another way of getting python jobs is to join a development boot camp. A boot camp gives you access to a hands-on experience that lasts months and provides you with a solid foundation for coding with Python. They also help you network since you’ll meet peers that might open a door for you in the future or mentors that might help you land a job. A certain outcome of a boot camp is a strong portfolio to help you get junior python developer jobs.
Pro Tip: Check out this Udemy boot camp to enhance your skills.
Job Opportunities of a Python Developer
A professional who understands the foundations of Python may wear several hats.
The following are the possible Python developer jobs:
- QA Tester
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Product Manager
This is one of the most straightforward professions you can have after learning Python. What exactly does a Python programmer do?
A few major responsibilities are as follows:
- Create websites
- Resolve issues relating to data analytics
- Create code that is reusable and efficient.
- Improve data algorithms.
- Implement data security and protection.
It's ideal for folks who enjoy dealing with large volumes of data and deducing meaning from it. Pandas, SciPy, and other Python libraries come in helpful in achieving this task. Hence, organizations are seeking Python experts for data analyst roles.
Product managers play a critical role in helping businesses understand the market and why building one product is better than another. They investigate the market, look for new features connected to a specific product or category, and advocate for the building of specific items based on facts. Data is a critical component of their work.
This is why most firms are searching for product managers who are python experts these days.
Machine Learning Engineer
Job listings for machine learning engineers have surged by more than 330 percent in the previous two years. A machine learning engineer builds and trains machines, programs, and other computer-based systems to make predictions using their gained information.
Python is the best programming language for machine learning because of its ability to work with data automation and algorithms. So, you will be given precedence over other candidates if you know Python.
Python is the most popular programming language, and Python Jobs are plenty. It is increasingly being used by the top companies of the world for their back-end development.
- Python has simplified syntax, which gives more emphasis on natural language. So, python codes can be easily written and executed much faster.
- It is easy to learn and hence the first choice for new developers.
- You can go about a formal way of becoming a python developer by pursuing a computer science degree or joining a boot camp to gain relevant skills and exposure.
- Technical key skills and soft skills both are required to become an efficient python developer.
- After gaining the required exposure, apply for roles such as QA tester, software developer, software engineer, data analyst, data scientist, machine learning engineer, and product manager.
Visit Hiration's AI powered resume building tool for a smooth resume building experience. We provide 24/7 online chat support.
You can additionally reach out to us at email@example.com for any professional queries.