If you are a recent psychology graduate looking to launch your career in the healthcare industry, you’ve come to the right place.
With an overall projected employment growth of 6% by 2031, the job outlook for aspiring psychologists is positive and now is the right time to send out those applications.
But with the competitive US job market, just having the right qualifications is not enough to land you a job. You must also be able to showcase your skills and qualifications effectively on your resume to grab the recruiters’ attention and receive interview callbacks.
And given that 75% of recruiters use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to process and select resumes, your psychology resume also needs to be ATS-friendly.
So what makes an ATS-friendly psychology resume and what does it look like?
Read to see a stellar psychology resume sample for freshers, that you can use as a reference to build your own.
Psychology Resume Examples for Freshers
- Conducted ~2 patient interviews weekly to understand issues and educate them on coping techniques for substance abuse
- Liaised caregivers to teach about addiction mentality and treatment options for improving rehab outcomes
- Assisted seniors to manage and track patient data for fostering successful treatment and rehabilitation plan
- Corresponded with senior counselor to research methods of substance abuse treatment for improving success rate
- Enforced company's policy and procedures in treatment process for ensuring maximum patient comfort and experience
- Participated in new and existing clinical psychological projects by fulfilling duties assigned by supervisor
- Assisted lead psychologists to provide effective counseling to 100+ students across 10 institutes in Connecticut
- Evaluated educational programs of 5+ schools under guidance of the supervisor to improve mental health resources
- GPA: 3.8/4.0
- Course Modules:
- Writing and Rhetoric I & II | Intro to Psychology | Quantitative Methods in Psychology | Behavioral Sciences
- Foreign Language | Statistical Method of Psychology | Natural Science | Upper-level Psychology | Intro to Statistics
- Volunteer at Local Herbivores | Newark, NJ | Sep 2019 - Nov 2020
- Organized monthly campaigns to raise donations of USD 5000 for animal shelter homes and veterinary clinics
- Rehabilitated 30+ pets by looking for potential guardians for them through social media campaigns
- Member of Beta Alpha Psi Honor Society| Feb 2020 - Present
- Dean's List for 4 semesters | May 2019 - Dec 2020
- Awarded Student Program of The Year | June 2020
- Received College of Letters Annual Scholarship | Nov 2019
This psychology resume example showcases the career trajectory of a recent graduate who has a year of internship experience, with proficiency in conducting behavioral research, patient evaluation, student counseling, and issue resolution.
To enhance the readability of the resume, the candidate’s information has been divided into distinct sections with ample white space.
The education and internship experience has been listed in reverse chronological order to make the resume ATS-friendly. There is also the use of an ample number of keywords across the resume which helps it rank high in the ATS.
Since the candidate is a fresher, it is also important to showcase transferable skills that the candidate may have acquired through extracurricular activities.
Thus, for the same reason, the resume sample includes a volunteer experience section and a section for academic awards & honors which highlights their accomplishments.
Furthermore, to emphasize the candidate’s knowledge in the field, the education section lists details of relevant course modules.
You can also see more entry-level and fresher resume samples for similar job profiles in the following blogs:
- How to write a nursing student resume in 2023?
- What is a good resume sample for camp counselors?
- How to write a resume for licensed practical nurses?
Want to create a psychology resume for freshers with no experience? Use Hiration’s AI-powered resume builder with 24x7 chat support. If you have any queries, you can reach us at email@example.com.