Is it easy to get hired at McDonald's?
McDonald’s is an American-based second-largest food chain in the world with over 37k+ outlets across 100 countries.
Given the steady increase in the number of franchises and outlets, McDonald’s is a company that is hiring most of the time.
They are known to hire teens/freshers easily and do not have a complicated recruitment process. At least not for the position of servers.
So, yes, it is quite easy to get hired at McDonald’s if you are familiar with their hiring process and have prepared well for the interviews.
Read on to learn more about McDonald’s interview questions and related FAQs like the following:
- How to get a job at Mcdonald’s?
- What do I need to prepare for a McDonald's interview?
- What are some of the common McDonald's interview questions and answers?
- What are the top Mcdonald’s manager interview questions?
- What questions to ask at a McDonald's interview?
McDonald's Interview Process
The first step to getting a job at McDonald’s is to identify a vacancy at your nearest outlet and then fill out an online application.
The hiring and interview process at McDonald’s takes roughly about 3 weeks and begins after your online application has been reviewed and shortlisted by the recruitment team.
If your application matches their requirements, you will be contacted for an initial screening round through a phone or video interview.
Once you clear this round, you’ll need to pass an in-person interview which is followed by background checks and verifications.
Finally, once you get through this process, you will receive an offer and can begin your work at McDonald’s.
Also read: How to ace your first job interview in 2022?
How to Prepare for McDonald's Interview?
Although McDonald’s hires most candidates who apply for work, there are still candidates who get rejected during interviews.
Therefore, to avoid rejections, you must prepare well for interviews and follow the below-given tips to land a job at McDonald’s:
- Analyze the job description thoroughly to probe the type of interview questions that you are likely to be asked.
- Learn about McDonald’s work culture, vision, and other information to help frame your interview answers.
- Practice answering common McDonald’s interview questions to build impressive interview answers and gain confidence.
- Ensure that you show flexibility and enthusiasm to join the company through your interview answers.
- Wear business casual attire for the interview and reach the venue on time. You can look up the venue and commute time before the interview day to ensure the same.
- Prepare at least 3-4 questions that you’d like to ask the recruiters
What Interview Questions Does Mcdonald’s Ask?
Take a look at some of the most common McDonald’s interview questions with their sample answers to help you get clarity:
Tell Me About Yourself
Tell me about yourself or introduce yourself is generally the first question that recruiters ask during McDonald’s job interview.
This may seem like a pretty easy and simple question, but it can actually set the tone for the entire interview.
With this question, the recruiters want to understand who you are, what your qualifications are, and why you are there for an interview.
Rather than making this question all about your personal life and hobbies, ensure that you focus on your academic or professional trajectory, and how it aligns with the requirements of the position you’re interviewing for.
Sample Answer: “My name is Kevin Browner and I’m a recent graduate from XYZ high school. I graduated with a GPA of 3.7 and I want to pursue higher studies in the hospitality and service field. I believe I’m a people person and I have good communication & service skills. Thus, I’m looking forward to being part of your team and gaining hands-on experience in delivering great service and experiences to customers.”
Why Do You Want to Work at McDonald’s?
There are plenty of fast food chains in the US and with this question, recruiters want to know why you chose to work for McDonald’s in particular.
Your answer must show the recruiters your enthusiasm and genuine interest in working for the company.
Sample Answer: “I want to work for McDonald’s because I have a lot of good memories here since childhood. The service I received here played a big part in making those memories memorable and I love the food here. It would thrill me to provide the same experience to customers and work for a food chain I personally love.”
What Do You Know About McDonald’s?
Recruiters ask this question to know whether or not you’ve done your homework about the company.
If you don’t prepare ahead of the interview for this question, it can catch you off guard and your answer might not impress the recruiters.
Your answer can include details like the number of outlets McDonald’s has, the name of its founder, etc.
Sample Answer: “Apart from the fact that McDonald’s is the world’s second-largest fast food chain of restaurants, I know that McDonald’s is also the second largest private employer in the world with over 2 million employees. McDonald’s was founded in 1940 by Richard and Maurice McDonald in San Bernardino, California.”
How Can You Make McDonald's a Better Company?
Recruiters always want to hire candidates who can benefit the company in some way, go above and beyond the call of duty, and add value to the workforce.
Thus, to see whether or not you’re capable of doing the same, recruiters ask this question during the interview.
Sample Answer: “I believe that the service and quality delivered at local outlets greatly impact the public's perception of the company. I would be committed to providing premium service each day so that customers choose McDonald's over any other restaurant.”
Top McDonald’s Manager Interview Questions
Unlike most of the entry-level positions that McDonald’s offers, the interview questions for managerial posts are slightly different.
Given below are some of the most common McDonald’s manager interview questions:
- How can you make McDonald’s a better company?
- What’s your managerial style?
- Tell me about a time you resolved a conflict within a team.
- How would you deal with an angry customer?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What would you do if a customer complains food is taking too long?
- How would you handle a staff member that spends too much time on the phone while neglecting customers?
- How do you provide constructive feedback to your team members?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
Questions to Ask at a McDonald's Interview
As stated earlier, your interview preparation must also include preparing a couple of questions that you can ask the interviewers at the end of your interview.
Asking the right questions can make you seem like an ideal candidate who is genuinely interested in working for the company, thereby, increasing your chances of getting hired.
Listed below are some of the questions that you can ask at a McDonald’s interview:
- Can you tell me more about the responsibilities of this position?
- What are the biggest challenges of this job?
- How would you describe a typical day in this position?
- How are employees assessed in your company?
- Is overtime expected?
- How long will the training period last?
Key Points from the Blog
- The first step to getting a job at McDonald’s is to identify a vacancy at your nearest outlet and then fill out an online application.
- Analyze the job description, research about the company, and practice common McDonald’s interview questions as part of your interview preparations.
- Tell me about yourself, what do you know about McDonald’s, and why do you want to work here are some of the common McDonald’s interview questions.
- Your interview preparation must also include preparing a couple of questions that you can ask the interviewers at the end of your interview.
- Can you tell me more about this role, what are the biggest challenges of this position, and how long will the training period last are some good questions to ask the recruiters.
Should you require expert guidance to prepare for McDonald’s interview questions, visit Hiration’s Career Activator Platform which offers 24x7 chat support. You can also reach out to us at email@example.com.