Are you looking for important interview questions?
If yes, then you have landed at the right place. The interview process can be a daunting task, both for the interviewer and the interviewee.
A hiring manager has to ask all the right questions to assess a candidate's credibility while an interviewee has to give correct answers to get shortlisted.
This is where we come in. Hiration has a repository of Q&As of interview rounds for 180+ profiles.
If you are looking for profile-based questions, head over to Hiration.
Here is our blog summary:
- It is important to prepare for the interview round in advance
- Read up common interview questions along with the answers before the in-person interview
- Ask questions to the hiring manager as part of leaving a lasting impression
- Do not lie in the interview, always substantiate your claims with evidence
- Asking correct questions is important to recruit the right candidate
In this blog we will also highlight the dos and don'ts of few common interview questions:
- Why did you leave the last job?
- Why do you want to change your job?
- Why do you think you are the right candidate for the job?
- How well do you work in a team?
- Give an example of how you managed a stressful situation?
With the advent of technology, accessing information has become easier than we could have ever imagined.
There is a plethora of information around job interview questions on the internet and they can be accessed and leveraged to create a lasting impression on the recruiter.
Moreover, we have listed down a few job interview questions for your perusal:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why do you want to join our company?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Can you describe yourself in one word?
- How do you cope with stress and pressure?
- What are your hobbies?
- What was the most challenging task in your life?
- Do you wish to change anything from the past?
- Why should we hire you?
These are a few interview questions to get your interview preparation started.
You can access profile-based job interview questions from the repository of interview questions created by Hiration.
Questions to Ask in an Interview
It doesn't matter if you are an interviewer or an interviewee, a decent outcome of any interview depends largely on the questions that are asked during an interview.
If you are a recruiter and still struggling to find the right candidate or an applicant looking for common job interview questions, the following questions can help you prepare yourself before an interview:
Why did you leave the last job?
Anything negative about the previous organization will reflect immature behavior on your part and a lack of responsibility.
Instead, focus the answer on how lack of opportunities or stunted growth were the reasons for leaving the last job
Why do you want to change jobs?
The answer to this question should be given in terms of professional growth and environment.
Pro Tip: Always frame your answers in a way that reflects your desire to learn more. A person who is always willing to learn more is deemed as an ideal professional.
Why do you think you are the right candidate for the job?
One should list down their quantifiable achievements and relate them to the target company and explain how they will surpass milestones in this organization too.
How well do you work in a team?
Unless one is a team player there is less chance of getting past the interview because every organization looks for candidates with high team spirit who can coordinate with a team. .
Always answer in a way that highlights your skills as a team player.
Give an example of how you managed a stressful situation?
This will be a great opportunity for the candidate to highlight their managerial skills and how they work under pressure.
Understanding the importance of questions to ask in an interview will help you recruit a suitable candidate.
Good Questions to ask in an Interview
An interview is not a one-way process, asking questions to your interviewer is equally important. It also displays your interest in their organization and your expectations of your future employers.
There are a lot of questions that you can ask the hiring manager, a few of them are:
- Can you elaborate on my day-to-day roles & responsibilities?
- How often will I get feedback?
- What is the company culture like?
- What does a typical day at your organization look like?
- What will be expected of me in my first month of joining?
- What are the company goals for the upcoming years?
Asking the right questions will help you understand the employers better since these are the best interview questions to ask an interviewer.
Before the interview, do thorough research about the company and your employer, this will help you ask better questions and clear doubts if any.
Common Interview Questions
While every interview is different, they are yet quite similar. It's a paradox.
There are certain questions that are asked in an interview irrespective of the profile you are targeting.
These common interview questions hold a lot of significance in the interview process, they help the recruiter understand the candidates at a better level.
So, if you are someone who is preparing for an interview, it is advised that you prepare for these interview questions as well.
To help you keep ahead of your competitors, Hiration wrote a blog on common interview questions.
We have also listed down a few common interview questions to help you prepare in the best possible way.
- How do you describe yourself?
- How did you hear about this job vacancy?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Where do you see yourself a few years from now?
- When can you start?
- Is there anything you would like to ask us?
If you want to know the answers to these questions read our blog on the same, it will give you detailed answers along with some tips to help you prepare better answers for common interview questions.
Hiration Online Resume Builder
The first step in the job-hunting process is creating a stellar resume, without it will not be possible to get shortlisted for an interview.
Head over to our AI-powered Online Resume Builder to leverage the power of AI.
Interview Prep by Hiration
Hiration is a platform that has a one-stop solution for all your problems, from resume writing to interview preparation. We have it all!
Go through Hiration's repository of job interview questions to make a lasting impression on the recruiter.
A few features of the interview prep platform:
- Relevant interview questions and answers on the basis of your job and role
- Most comprehensive list of QnA's across the internet
- Sample questions and answers for 180+ profiles
- With over 2000 questions along with the answers
Here are a few key takeaways from the blog:
- Always prepare in advance for the interview
- Read up about the company and role before appearing for the interview
- Leverage the material available online to prepare for common job interview questions
- Ask questions to the recruiter as part of showcasing your interest in the job
- Mention your achievements of previous work experience to highlight your skill-set
With this, we come to the end of our blog, if you have any queries regarding interview preparation drop a mail at email@example.com and we'll revert as soon as possible.