How to pursue a business analyst career path?
Business analysts in any organization play a significant role in conducting research and analyzing data as part of improving business processes and systems.
It is a flexible job profile providing adequate opportunities for candidates from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to try their hands on the stated profile and become successful business analysts.
Pursuing a career in business analysis can take you in different directions. You need to identify what you want to achieve from this profession and take steps towards accomplishing it.
This article will discuss the trendiest business analyst roles and how to become one, along with the average salary that one can expect, and much more.
We will discuss the following most-asked questions in detail.
- What is a business analyst job description?
- What are the most in-demand career titles for BA profiles?
- How to pursue the business analyst career path?
Business Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
The job duties differ across organizations as per the business requirements. If you are looking for business analyst positions on a broader level, you will be expected to perform the below-mentioned duties.
- Identifying opportunities for improving business operations
- Gathering requirements by liaising with the customers & users
- Developing and implementing business systems
- Designing technical solutions for resolving business issues
- Communicate the business goals and vision to the stakeholders
- Analyzing data and preparing reports to communicate the findings effectively
- Testing products to ensure the working capacity and quality as per the set standards
A business analyst plays an incredibly crucial role for an organization by acting as a bridge between business visions & their potential. They significantly enhance the business process to achieve long-term goals for the company.
If you want to have a detailed view of a business analyst job description, click here.
5 Trendiest Business Analyst Career Options
Is business analyst a good career for you?
We will look into the variety of career options available in business analyst job positions and the positive salary outlook to show you why you must choose this career path.
- Business Analyst Manager
A business analyst manager is responsible for formulating strategies to boost the efficiency of business operations.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a business analyst manager in the USA is $1L/yr.
- Data Analysis Scientist
Data analysis scientist is a lucrative career option for anyone who has a knack for drawing data-driven actionable insights.
One needs to be well-versed with statistical tools and techniques for identifying the latest trends & patterns while preparing reports to communicate the relevant findings effectively.
As per Glassdoor, the average base pay of a data analysis scientist is $94,101/yr.
- IT Business Analyst
The IT business analyst handles multiple projects while contributing significantly to finding technological solutions for improvising overall business processes.
According to Glassdoor, the average base pay of an IT business analyst is $81,971/yr.
- Quantitative Analyst
A quantitative analyst utilizes mathematical and statistical methods to manage business risks. They develop and create models to make critical financial decisions.
According to Glassdoor, the average base pay of a quantitative analyst in the USA is $1L/yr.
- Information Security Analyst
Information security analysts perform a critical role in protecting business' systems and networks from cyberattacks. For anyone interested in ethical hacking, it can be a rewarding career option.
According to Glassdoor, the average base pay of a security analyst in the USA is $99,275/yr.
Is Business Analyst a Dying Career?
The business analyst career path is one of the most rewarding professions in any industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the employment of management analysts to increase by 14% by 2028.
With that being said, the role of a business analyst is very much in demand and will continue to grow exponentially across the world.
Career Path for a Business Analyst
While starting off our career, each one of us goes through a dilemma if the chosen career option is right or not.
Once we figure out the career path we want to pursue, the next step is to acquire the qualification and skills required to start.
Let us have a look at the business analyst career roadmap to kick-start your career
- Procure a Bachelor's Degree
The minimum requirement to kick-start your career as a business analyst is to earn a bachelor's degree. For under graduation, one can choose subjects such as economics, finance, statistics, computer science, etc.
- Search for an Entry-Level Job Role
Seek for an internship or an entry-level position in IT, Accounting, Finance, Business, etc., for building relevant experience and developing skills before advancing to senior-level positions.
- Opt For Program or an Online Course
Consider taking an online or an offline program to hone your skills in Tableau, Excel, MySQL, etc., and keep yourself updated with the latest industry standards in the field of business analytics.
- Get a Business Analyst Certification
Pursuing relevant certifications can exponentially increase your demand in the job market, especially if you are just starting your business analyst career. Here are some business analysis certifications to consider:
- IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- PMI Professional in Business Analytics (PBA)
- Decide On Post-Graduate
Many employers prefer candidates with a master's degree in the related field. Pursuing a master's in business administration, business analytics, and related fields can give you an edge over other candidates.
We hope that this short guide has provided you with valuable insights to seek a business analyst career path. Let us have a quick roundup to avoid missing out on any essential details.
- Earn a postgraduate degree after your bachelor's degree in business analytics or a related field to be a competent candidate.
- Pursue business analytics certifications, online courses, and programs to stay updated.
- From business analytics manager to information security analyst, the career path for a business analyst provides you with numerous opportunities.
- Realize your strengths and interests to choose the right direction while starting your business analyst career path.
For any queries or assistance, reach out to us at email@example.com.