Click here to directly go to the complete Assistant Accountant Resume Sample
How to bolster the chances of getting an accounting assistant resume shortlisted?
An accounting assistant assists an organization in preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, accounts payables & receivables.
Accountancy professionals are valuable to the organization to make any important financial decisions.
They are crucial to formulating sound business plans and increasing profits by analyzing the company's financial statements.
This article will discuss the intricacies of drafting a kick-ass resume for an assistant accountant and similar profiles, including Accounting Associate, Account Clerk, Accounting Associate, Accounting Specialist, etc.
Below is a list of questions that we will be answering in this article.
- How to organize sections in your accounting assistant resume?
- How do you write assistant accountant experience on a resume?
- What are the skills of assistant accountant?
- How to write your accounting resume summary?
With our Online Resume Builder, you can choose from our 25+ pre-made templates and resume designs to create a near-perfect assistant accountant resume!
Accounting Assistant Job Description
To apply for a job you need to read the accounting assistant job description to understand what the organization needs from potential applicants.
As an accountant assistant, you will be expected to assist accountants by performing tasks such as sending and replying to emails, filing, documenting, making & taking calls, and basic bookkeeping.
What Is Assistant Accountant Duties and Responsibilities?
Some common accounts assistant duties and responsibilities are given below:
- Assisting the finance department with various tasks related to finance
- Processing invoices and filing
- Maintaining financial records
- Analyzing ledger accounts and balance sheets
- Preparing annual budgets and bank deposits
- Creating and updating expense reports
Also Read: How to draft the perfect accounts resume
Accounts Assistant Resume Sections
Each resume section serves a different purpose. Enhance your accounting assistant resume by creating the sections mentioned below:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Professional Experience
The sections mentioned below are optional and should be included when necessary.
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & recognition (if any)
- Volunteering Experience (if any)
- Additional information (if any)
Highlight Your Assistant Accountant Experience
The professional experience section is the core element of the accounting assistant resume.
Mention the position and company's name along with dates and roles & responsibilities performed in the organizations.
The sure-fire route to prove your candidacy as an accounting professional is to provide numbers worthy of recognition.
Here is how you can provide a meaningful impact with your accounting assistant resume.
- Frame one-liner bullet points to describe your roles and responsibilities.
- Quantify the points by providing relevant numbers to add value to your accounting assistant job position.
- Club similar bulleted points under relevant subheadings defining your broad-level skills.
- Highlight important words and numbers pertinent to the accounting assistant job position in your accounting assistant resume.
- Mention the result/impact of your work functions.
It can be easy to get through the professional experience section if you are an experienced individual. But it can get a lot more difficult if you have no or minimal experience.
With not much to write, it can get you more muddled. In such cases, read the points below to write your accounting assistant resume:
- Write about your internships experience in accounting or related fields.
- Discuss your volunteering experience to showcase your teamwork and leadership skills.
- Mention any freelancing projects that you might have taken up during your college days.
- List down any experience and skills that you acquired from non-accounting jobs or internships.
Put Skills Accounting Assistant Skills to Your Resume
The skills section of an accounting assistant resume is crucial to make the resume ATS-friendly. Therefore, you must read the job description carefully and find appropriate keywords to implement in your resume.
Create two sections named 'Technical Skills' and 'Key Skills' to list your skills. Below is a list of technical and key skills that you can include in your accounting assistant resume if you possess them.
|Accounting Platforms||Xero, Sage, Quickbooks, SAP, Oracle|
|Document Management||Hub.doc, LedgerSync|
|Invoicing||Zoho Invoice, Harvest|
|Project Management||Trello, Asana, BaseCamp|
|Tax Compliance||Asset Management|
|Cost Optimization||Bank Reconciliation|
|Payroll Management||Financial Documentation|
Write an Accounting Assistant Resume Summary
A powerful accounting assistant resume summary is the synopsis of your career trajectory in 4-5 lines. The summary can be the deciding factor if a recruiter wants to spend their time further reading the resume.
Read the below-mentioned points to draft accounts assistant resume summary:
- Start your sentences with power verbs such as 'Proficient,' 'Adept,' etc., instead of first-person and second-person pronouns.
- Establish a cause and effect relationship in each line of the assistant accountant resume.
- Write about the most important skills and accomplishments of your career.
Diligent and result-oriented accounting professional with 5+ years of experience in preparing accounts and filing tax returns adhering to the regulatory mandates. Proficient in analyzing financial performance to mitigate risks & reduce costs for accomplishing long-term business goals. Adept at liaising with the senior management to furnish budgeted reports and enforce critical decisions to catapult organizational growth.
I am a diligent and result-oriented accounting professional seeking a position in a growth-oriented firm. I am proficient in reconciling statements and preparing financial reports. I am skilled in collaborating with cross-functional teams, improving the accounting processes, reducing costs, etc.
The first example is recommended to implement in any accounting assistant resume. It establishes a cause-and-effect relationship in each line, and it doesn't use any personal pronouns like 'I,' 'We,' as shown in the second example.
When should you write an accounting assistant resume objective instead of a resume summary?
- When you are a fresher with no experience
- When you are changing careers
- When you have career gaps
Also Read: How to perfectly draft the resume objective section
Accounting Assistant Resume Sample
- Accounting Platforms: Xero, Sage, Quickbooks, SAP, Oracle
- Document Management: Hub.doc, LedgerSync
- Invoicing: Zoho Invoice, Harvest
- Project Management: Trello, Asana, BaseCamp
- Administered bank transactions worth thousands of dollars while managing financial documents for bank reconciliation
- Generated 7+ summary reports of A/R, payroll, sales and expenditure on a monthly basis for the senior management
- Managed 30+ accounts payable & accounts receivable while generating invoices to ensure proper documentation
- Established smooth cashflow by accurately recording payments up to $300,000 via MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Formulated an outline of commission & royalty generated through sales while preparing 10+ GST & tax retention reports
- Supervised 2 team members to manage accounts for foreign subsidiaries to deliver optimal client servicing
- Achieved 20% cost-reduction in the Houston Fitness Project by eliminating redundant processes
- Ensured delivery of accurate payments to closers by creating commission schedules for ~100 transactions per month
- Performed a pivotal role in organizing the financial filing system as part of promoting ease of access
- Monitored all payments made for tax preparation while scheduling follow up on returns for 10+ clients
- Proctored computer reports to check G.A.A.P. accuracy to help trace errors back to their source and resolve them
- Reconciled company's revenues, expenses, and ensured accuracy and completeness of ~10 financial reports
- Processed fraud investigation projects and reported the data to the supervisor after auditing the company
- GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Bookkeeper Certification | The American Institute of Professional Bookkeeper | Jan '20
- Languages: English (Professional) and Korean (Native)
Making an industry-standard accounting assistant resume is not easy but it isn’t impossible either. We hope that our guide has helped you understand the resume-writing process better.
Before we end, have a look at the important points to keep in mind while drafting your accounting assistant resume:
- Avoid drafting your professional experience in paragraph format and stick to one-liners.
- Focus on highlighting your achievements figures to throw light on the level of your contributions and deliverables.
- Send a customized resume instead of a generic accounting assistant resume for all the companies you are applying for.
- Avoid mentioning first-person and second-person pronouns in your accounting assistant resume.
- Proofread your resume to ensure that it is void of any typos or grammatical errors
Do visit Hiration's online resume builder which has 2x7 chat support to assist you in drafting the best resume.
We have your back; reach out to us at email@example.com with your concerns and queries.