With an average rate of 11,800 job openings for computer network architects per year in the US, the job outlook for solutions architects might be slower than other occupations but is a sought-after career option with an annual median salary of $131,852.
If you are a seasoned solution architect looking to switch jobs for better career opportunities, having an impeccable resume that effectively showcases your experience and skills is a must.
Recruiters only spend about 6 seconds reviewing a single resume and therefore, your resume needs to be good enough to grab the recruiter’s attention in this short time and get shortlisted.
So, what makes a great solutions architect resume and what does it look like?
Read on to see a good sample that you can use as a reference to create your own solutions architect resume.
Solutions Architect Resume Samples
- Reviewing clients' software and proposing suggestions to optimize clients' cloud system performance and security
- Evaluating bugs and security loopholes and mapping out risk mitigation strategies by collaborating with security engineers
- Fostering 10+ architectural blueprints for the stakeholders and developed user guides by collaborating with the technical writers
- Designing AWS infrastructure for 12 regions by coordinating with cross-functional teams to maximize performance
- Resolving technical issues in the clients' systems by conducting thorough analysis and educating them to prevent further issues
- Overseeing existing infrastructure and implementing modifications for improving performance by 13% in a quarter
- Coordinating with 10+ clients to design full-stack software solutions that effortlessly integrate with clients' existing cloud systems
- Researching emerging technologies for identifying new tools as part of improving AWS system performances
- Communicating technical glitches to 50+ stakeholders for preventing miscommunication and improve client experience
- Preparing presentation on product development process, cost, and budgets for business development team to acquire clients
- Developed the department’s infrastructure and brought in new technologies to create an effective working environment
- Maintained application development project plans: scheduled scope of work, created project plans, and identified critical path activities and dependencies
- Performed application management and analysis including documentation and sign-off of: Product Upgrade Briefs
- Professional Cloud Architect Certificate | Google | Feb '19
- Certified IT Architect Professional (CITA-P) | Coursera | Jul '18
- GPA: 4.5
- Languages: English (native) and Spanish (fluent)
The resume begins with a summary section that right off the bat highlights the creditability of the candidate by mentioning that they are a certified professional with 5+ years of experience.
This is a great way to catch the recruiters' attention right away and entice them to learn more about your candidacy.
The skills section lists important practical skills rather than just soft skills and includes a sub-section for technical skills that highlight the candidate’s proficiency in using various architectural tools and software, including a few programming languages like Java and C++.
The professional experience has been beautifully presented by using bullet points rather than lengthy paragraphs to describe the candidate’s roles and responsibilities.
The bullet points have been segregated into buckets to enhance readability and highlight important skills.
And to emphasize the degree of the candidate’s proficiency, the duties and achievements have been quantified and every bullet point begins with an action verb.
Additionally, the resume sample includes a separate certification section that lists the certification courses that the candidate has completed, further, supporting his expertise.
The sample follows all the best practices of US resume writing to help maximize the chances of the resume being shortlisted.
If you are a seasoned solution architect looking to apply for jobs in the US market, this resume sample will help you make your own version of the resume and get hired quickly.
You can see more resume samples for similar job profiles in the following blogs:
- How to write a data engineer resume in 2023?
- What is a good senior architect & lead resume sample?
- Free IT head and solutions architect resume sample
Want to create a solution architect resume within minutes? Use Hiration’s AI-powered resume builder with 24x7 chat support. If you have any questions, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.