First of all, Congratulations on getting into the most exclusive honor societies in the United States of America.
Not everyone can manage to get good grades in college let alone be a part of Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
Since you are one of the few who have made it, it’s the result of your hard work and ethics, skills that are hard to come by and recruiters want candidates with these skills.
It does not matter if you are applying for an entry-level job or applying for a scholarship, Phi Beta Kappa should be in your resume.
But, how to list honors on resume?
In this blog, we will tell you everything about it!
This guide will show you:
- How to put Phi Beta Kappa on resume?
- How to write Phi Beta Kappa on summary?
- How to add honor society to LinkedIn?
- Is Phi Beta Kappa necessary for candidates with 5+ years of experience?
- Frequently asked questions about how to list magna cum laude on resume?
- Things to know about Phi Beta Kappa?
How to Put Phi Beta Kappa on Resume?
You can add the Phi Beta Kappa in the education section of your resume.
Here is the step by step process:
- Create a section heading called Education
- Add your Degree including majors and minors and the year of graduation
- List your university name under it including university location
- Add your GPA
- Below that, add the Phi Beta Kappa information followed by relevant coursework
Alternative Approach to Phi Beta Kappa on Resume
You can create a separate section named “Honors & Awards” and include the Phi Beta Kappa if you have a long list of honors.
Tip: Skip the Honors & Awards section if you want only to list Phi Beta Kappa.
How to List Phi Beta Kappa on Resume Summary?
If you do not have much work experience, you can highlight the Phi Beta Kappa on the resume summary to stand out from other candidates.
Here Is an Example of Phi Beta Kappa Information on Resume Summary:
“Detail-oriented marketing undergraduate and Phi Beta Kappa member possessing skills in understanding data to interpret market trends for business growth. Highly skilled in search engine optimization for increasing search ranking and improving user engagement.”
Do not forget to add the Phi Beta Kappa in the education section, even if you add it in summary.
Additionally, you can add the Phi Beta Kappa information in your cover letter as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Add Honor Society to LinkedIn?
Step 1: Log in to your Linkedin profile and click “Add Section".
Step 2: Navigate to Accomplishments, then select Honors & Awards.
Step 3: Here you can add your honors and awards easily.
Step 4: Click the “Save” button which will list the Phi Beta Kappa information on your LinkedIn profile.
Should I Put Phi Beta Kappa on Resume With 5+ Years of Experience?
As your experience grows, your professional achievements will matter more than academic accomplishments. However, that does not mean you should leave Phi Beta Kappa.
It is a significant honor and you should add it to the resume if you can.
Should You Italicize Phi Beta Kappa in Your Resume?
No, write the Phi Beta Kappa in regular font. However, Latin honors should be italicized, such as summa cum laude, magna cum laude, etc.
Do You Capitalize Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude, and Magna Cum Laude?
Since these are Latin phrases, no need to capitalize the words in your resume.
Interesting Facts of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- The Meaning of Phi Beta Kappa is “Love for learning is the guide of life.”
- It is the oldest honor society in the USA, with over 500,000 members
- Graduates need to have a minimum 3.8 GPA to have the opportunity to join
- 17 American Presidents and 136 Nobel laureates have been members of the society
- Phi Beta Kappa was meant to be a secret society
Why Should You Add Phi Beta Kappa to Your Resume?
Phi Beta Kappa will give your resume a significant boost among other candidates. It shows the recruiter that you are a hardworking individual and will become a reliable employee.
Phi Beta Kappa Resume Sample
Online Resume Builder
Wish to create a perfect resume with Phi Beta Kappa information? Go to Hiration Online Resume builder and sign up for a free trial.
Here are the features you will get from this resume:
- Option to save unlimited resumes
- Intuitive next text suggestion
- Auto bold feature
- 25+ resume designs
- LIVE resume score
- JD-resume matcher
- Full rich-text editor
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume editor
Go ahead and try our Online Resume Builder and have a professional resume-writing experience like never before!
Now that we are towards the end of this blog, here are some key takeaways:
- Add the Phi Beta Kappa information in the education section if you have a single honor
- If you have multiple honors and awards, create a separate area named “Honors & Awards” in the resume
- Write the Phi Beta Kappa even if you have years of industry experience
- Add the Phi Beta Kappa honor information in the resume summary for entry-level professionals
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at email@example.com and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.