Who is an IT Manager?
An IT manager ensures the smooth and efficient operation of computer systems and other technology services in government agencies, hospitals, businesses, and corporations.
By establishing efficient policies, IT managers focus on recruiting effective team members, analyzing data operations, developing solutions, performing audits, and identifying ways to reduce business costs to meet the needs of the organization and its clients.
This guide will give you some examples of IT manager cover letters along with some tips to write an IT Manager cover letter:
- IT manager cover letter example
- How to write an IT manager cover letter?
- What are some tips for writing an IT manager cover letter for jobs?
- 5 mistakes to avoid when creating a IT manager cover letter?
If you already have some familiarity with creating a cover letter, go to Hiration Cover Letter Builder and select a suitable design to create an IT manager cover letter for yourself. All Hiraton cover letter templates are tested a million times by recruiters and get you closer to your dream IT manager job.
IT Project Manager Cover Letter Example
IT Manager Cover Letter Example
How To Write an It Manager Cover Letter?
Read on to know the step-by-step process to create a stunning IT manager cover letter:
1. Use Proper Format
Writing the content of the IT manager cover letter is not enough. It should look professional, too, to get the recruiter's attention.
Here are some tips for formatting the IT manager cover letter:
- Make sure to pick a clean cover letter design to keep it professional
- Keep a 1-inch margin on all sides of the cover letter and keep the line-spacing between 1-1.15 points
- Use a professional font such as Ariel, Lato, Times New Roman, etc. and keep the font size between 10 - 12 points
Also Read: How to Write a Cover Letter?
2. Create a Professional IT Manager Cover Letter Header
Make sure to create a professional cover letter header and add your personal information in that section.
Here are some elements you need to include in the IT manager cover letter header:
- Your name
- Job title
- Residential location
- Contact information
- email address
- LinkedIn ID
- Date of Application
IT Manager Cover Letter Example Header:
Also Read: Do’s and Don’ts of Cover Letter Heading
3. Recruiter's Details
After the header comes the recruiter's details and greeting to recruiters, it’s an essential part of the IT manager's cover letter. Here are the elements you need to include the recruiter’s details:
Here are the elements you need to include in the recruiter’s details:
- Recruiter’s name
- Company name
- Company address
- Addressing to the recruiter
IT Manager Cover Letter Example: Address to Recruiter:
4. Create a Compelling Introduction of IT Manager Cover Letter
Recruiters only get 7.4 seconds to review a resume, and they won’t stick around unless they see something extraordinary in the introduction of an IT manager cover letter.
Here are some ways to make the cover letter introduction interesting:
- Personalize the cover letter by addressing the hiring manager by their name.
- Start the introduction by mentioning where did you find the job post
- Then mention how many years of experience you have and mention if you have any certifications
IT Manager Cover Letter Example: Introduction:
5. Highlight Your Accomplishments
In the second paragraph, showcase as many achievements as possible.
- Read the job description carefully and pick the relevant skills that recruiters are looking for and add these as experiences in the second paragraph of the IT manager cover letter.
- Use numbers and statistics of your achievements to maximize the impact on recruiters
6. Explain Why You Think The Organization is Right For You
There are a lot of companies out there who look for IT managers. What is unique about this company that you are interviewing for? You need to explain your reason for applying for this position in the third paragraph of the cover letter.
Here are some ways you can communicate that to the recruiter:
- You can say how much you like their products and you believe in their visions
- You can showcase that you are interested in the niche industry
- You can mention that your values align with the company’s values perfectly
IT Manager Cover Letter Example: Second Paragraph
7. End the Cover Letters With Call-to-Action
Don’t forget to end the IT manager cover letter without a call to action. In the last paragraph of the IT manager cover letter, you can include two offers:
- You can say that you are interested in discussing your skills and suitability for the position further
- You can mention your exact deliverables after hiring to give the recruiters additional incentive for selecting your profile.
Ideally, don’t say something that every other person says, such as:
- Looking forward to your responses
- Thank you for taking the time to read.
These CTAs don’t motivate recruiters to take any action.
IT Manager Cover Letter Example: CTA
3 Tips for Writing IT Manager Cover Letter
Here are some valuable tips for writing the IT manager cover letter:
1. Simplify Technical Skills
You may highlight your technical skills in the resume, but in the IT manager cover letter, you get the opportunity to explain your technical skills in layman’s terms.
In large organizations, HR may not have a clear idea about the technical skills you mention in your resume. So, you need to write a cover letter to communicate your skills to all types of people.
For this reason, it's an excellent strategy to add a mix of soft skills and hard skills to your cover letter. For example, alongside your IT skills, mention how many team members you manage and if you have coordinated with stakeholders or clients in your previous jobs.
2. Quantify Achievements With Data
As an IT manager, you should know how data can turn everything upside down. Use this power of data in your cover letter to highlight your achievements with context.
For example, if you are a data analyst, don’t just say that you analyze data, which helps businesses grow. Instead, say that :
As a data analyst in XYZ organization, I developed data models to analyze business performance and assisted in developing innovative strategies while improving profits by 23%.
Pro Tip: Don’t copy-paste bullet points from the IT manager resume to the cover letter. It is a waste of time and space. Instead, explain the skills mentioned in your resume to the cover letter in detail.
3. Thoroughly Check Cover Letter for Typos
The IT manager cover letter is a professional document, and a single error or typo on that cover letter can ruin your candidacy for the position. So, Make sure to check the cover letter for typos before sending it to the hiring manager.
Here are some steps you can follow to check for grammatical errors:
- Write the cover letter in Hiration Online Cover Letter Tool
- Enable Grammarly on your browser and run the cover letter through Grammarly
- Read the entire cover letter manually to find out mistakes that the tool missed
- Finally, download the cover letter in PDF format to ensure the format is intact
5 Common Mistakes When Writing an IT Manager Cover Letter
Recruiters expect 100% commitment from the job candidates every time. And if you send a generic resume to the recruiter, the chances of it getting ignored are much higher.
Below is some common mistakes job seekers make when sending an IT Manager cover letter:
1. No Customization
Most job-seekers send a generic IT manager cover letter to multiple companies, which is a very poor way of applying for jobs. If the recruiter does not see personalization, they are less likely to get noticed by the recruiter.
2. Writing 2-page Cover Letter
Just like any business letter, a cover letter should not exceed 1 page, and the word count should be between 400-600 words. Seeing a long cover letter is a massive turn-off for the recruiters.
3. Not Showcasing Your Personality
You can do so much in your resume. And the cover letter is your opportunity to showcase your personality to the recruiters. Do not shy away from demonstrating your soft skills and personality in the IT manager cover letter.
4. Grammatical Errors
Recruiters and hiring managers pay close attention to grammar and spelling in cover letter. So, if you cover letter is not properly-proofread, and there are mistakes, it will then lead to rejection of your application.
5. Improper formatting
The IT manager cover letter is a professional document. And it needs to be formatted professionally. If there are bold designs, funky font, it might not go wall with most recruiters.
Use a professional cover letter, like the one in Hiration Cover Letter Builder tool, and create a professional IT manager cover letter.
Unlike a resume, the IT manager cover letter can give the recruiter more context about your skills and experience. If you write it well, you can make a great first impression on the recruiter.
You can keep in mind some key takeaways when creating the IT manager cover letter.
- Use a professional cover letter format and professional fonts such as Times New Roman, Ariel, Calibri to make the cover letter easy to read.
- Provide your name, email address, location, and phone number in the cover letter heading
- Introduce yourself in the first paragraph of the IT manager cover letter and highlight your years of experience or professional certifications
- On the second paragraph, highlight your soft and hard skills in an easy to understand manner
- End the cover letter with a call to action to encourage hiring managers to call you for interviews
If you want to create an IT Manager cover letter with the help of this guide, you can do that on Hiration Online Career Service Platform. It has 24x7 chat support, and you will find all the help you need from our career service experts with creating resumes, cover letters, and professional LinkedIn profile building.
You can also write to us at email@example.com for any career-related queries.