How to get my LinkedIn URL?
With LinkedIn catering to 810 million users around the world, it has become evident that having a LinkedIn profile is important for your company or for you as a professional to enhance your outreach.
However, just having a profile would not do!
You need to update it regularly, make connections, and establish yourself as a trusted brand.
If you have a well-maintained profile, you should provide the LinkedIn URL in your resume.
So how to get LinkedIn URL?
Read on to find the answer to that and more from the FAQs listed below:
- What is a LinkedIn URL?
- How to get LinkedIn URL?
- How to get LinkedIn URL on iOS device?
- How to change my LinkedIn URL on web browser?
- How to change my LinkedIn URL on an Android device?
- How to customize your LinkedIn URL?
- How to customize LinkedIn business page URL?
- How to add resume to LinkedIn?
What Is Your LinkedIn URL?
It is a link to your LinkedIn profile that you can share with people to connect professionally.
You can connect with companies and recruiters while allowing them to know more about you through your profile.
Where Can I Find My LinkedIn URL on Web Browser
To get LinkedIn profile URL, open your web browser and type www.linkedin.com, sign in to your profile, and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Me icon that you will find on the top of your LinkedIn homepage
- Click on View Profile
- On the right rail, you will find an Edit public profile & URL tab
- Under the section Edit URL in the right rail, locate your public profile URL, it looks something like- www.linkedin.com/in/sm-93928u09u-ks-892340……………
- You can copy this link and share it with others if needed
How to Copy LinkedIn URL?
Every device, be it desktop, laptop, or mobile device, all have built-in copy functions.
Let’s see the steps to copy the URL:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile on Desktop or mobile app.
- On Desktop, simply copy the URL from the URL section on top of the website.
- On mobile app, the process is a bit different. First, click on the three dots beside the “Add Section” button.
- Secondly, click on the “Share profile via” button.
- From there you can see the option to copy your LinkedIn URL.
How to Get LinkedIn URL on iOS Devices
If you are using an iOS device, then to find your public profile URL, follow the steps below:
- Download LinkedIn from App Store and log in to your profile
- Tap your profile picture > View Profile
- Scroll down to the Contact section
- Under the Your Profile section, locate your public profile LinkedIn URL
- The LinkedIn URL is an address that starts with www.linkedin.com/in/……
- Copy and paste this link to share it with others
Get LinkedIn URL on Android Device
If you are an android device user, then here are the steps to guide you on finding a LinkedIn URL.
- Download LinkedIn from Play Store and log in to your profile
- Tap on your profile picture > View Profile
- Scroll down to the Contact section
- Under the Your Profile section, locate your public profile URL
- The LinkedIn URL is an address that starts with www.linkedin.com/in
- Copy and paste this link to share it with others
Here are a few things to remember
- This LinkedIn URL won't appear if you don't have a public profile
- If you change the country listed on your profile, your public profile URL automatically changes; however, the old URLs will still work
How to Customize LinkedIn URL to Make it Aesthetically Pleasing?
Before we answer your ‘how to change my LinkedIn URL,’ here is why you should customize your Linkedin URL.
The default LinkedIn URL of a public profile is quite long and is full of numbers and other characters. This might not seem user-friendly and cannot be shared or put on a resume easily. So to quickly and easily connect with people, you need to use a Linkedin custom URL.
How to Customize LinkedIn URL on Desktop?
To change your LinkedIn URL, open your web browser and go to www.linkedin.com. Log in to your LinkedIn profile and follow the instructions below:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage and View Profile
- Click on the Edit public profile & URL tab on the right rail
- Under Edit your custom URL in the right rail, click the Edit icon next to your public profile URL
- It will be an address that looks like www.linkedin.com/in/name
- Customize the last part of your new custom URL in the text box provided
- Click Save
How to Customize LinkedIn URL on Phone?
In the past there was an option to customize the LinkedIn URL on phone. But recently, there is no option to customize LinkedIn URL on phone.
Tips to Remember Before Customizing LinkedIn URL
- Custom LinkedIn URLs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Members can only have one custom LinkedIn URL at a time
- Your custom LinkedIn URL can have 5-30 letters or numbers
- You can not use spaces, symbols, or special characters.
- The customizable part of the URL is case insensitive i.e., using LaraJane, larajane, or laraJane will all lead to the same profile
- You can change your LinkedIn URL up to five times within six months
Also Read: How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
How to Customize LinkedIn Business Page URL?
A company page in LinkedIn is different from a personal LinkedIn profile.
A business profile helps a company announce their news, hire candidates, showcase their mission, vision and many other things.
The way to change the LinkedIn business page URL is also different. Here is a step by step guide to help you customize LinkedIn profile easily:
Step 1: Log in to your profile with the "Admin Access"
Step 2: Click on the option "Me" at the top right side that shows the company profile picture.
Step 3: Click on the Company name, you hava admin access to. It will direct you to the company admin page.
Step 4: Go to "Edit Page" button on the right side of the cover photo and go to the "Page info" section. Here you'll find the box where you can change the business page URL.
Step 5: Remove the old URL and enter the new one.
Step 6: After you are done with entering new URL, click on "Save Changes."
Step 7: Recheck the url by refreshing your browser.
How to Add a Resume to LinkedIn
Adding a resume to your LinkedIn profile adds value to your profile. Here is the guide to show you how to add a resume to LinkedIn:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile
- Click on Add Profile Section button on your profile
- Click on the Me dropdown menu in the top right corner and click View profile
- Click to Recommended then click add featured
- Now click on + then add media and click Upload
- Choose the resume file and click Open
- Add a professional title to your resume file
- Click on Apply and then Save
Also Read: Can you upload your resume to LinkedIn?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Having a LinkedIn Profile Is Essential?
A LinkedIn profile is vital because it lets you connect with professionals from diverse industries and help you remain updated with the latest job postings from the companies you follow. It establishes a person's brand through recommendations and endorsements made on their page.
What to Add to a LinkedIn Profile?
Utilize this platform to showcase your skills, expertise, education, professional experience, achievements, etc.
You can personalize your LinkedIn profile by creating a description conveying your personality and ideas. You can always decide on what to add and what not.
The only thing to keep in mind is that since it is a professional platform, maintain the professional limits while maintaining your profile.
Hiration LinkedIn Profile Review
Get professional reviews from experts for your LinkedIn profile and make a statement on the professional platform.
The following features comes with Hiration's LinkedIn profile review:
- Instant Review of LinkedIn profile
- Your LinkedIn profile score
- Section-wise review & score
- Pro-tips from LinkedIn experts
- Export your profile in One-Click
- Choose from over 100+ designs
Easy Steps to Use Hiration's LinkedIn Profile Review
Using LinkedIn Profile Review on Hiration's 360 degree career platform is as easy as eating a piece of cake.
All you need to do is upload your LinkedIn profile (PDF), check your section-wise score, and make the necessary changes.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to connect with professionals and hiring managers.
- Make sure to maintain an active profile on LinkedIn to stay relevant.
- Add a link to your LinkedIn profile on your resume.
- Customize your LinkedIn address while avoiding fancy characters or numbers.
- Connect with others on LinkedIn to create a healthy connection with like minded professionals.
Go to Hiration's LinkedIn Profile Review which has 24/7 chat support and get professional assistance with all your LinkedIn related queries.
You can also write to us at email@example.com.