The demand for cyber security experts is increasing continuously with global technology advancement.
Currently, more than 4.1 million cyber security professionals are working in the United States. Young graduates are fascinated with this profile as it offers lucrative compensation and has many opportunities in the future.
So, if you are interested in becoming a cyber security professional in 2022, you might be looking for information related to the cyber security analyst salary in the United States.
We have tried to mention every essential detail regarding information security analyst salary in the US below.
Here we have elaborated majorly on:
- How much do cyber security jobs pay?
- How to become a cyber security analyst in the US?
- What are the factors affecting cyber security analyst salary?
Average Cyber Security Salary
The Cyber Security Average Salary in America is $102,190 annually. The entry-level Cyber Security Analyst salary starts somewhere around $80,070. After getting the required experience, Cyber Security Experts get $140,064 per year.
Cyber Security Analyst Salary by Region in the US
Take a look at the information security analyst salary difference in different regions of the United States. We recommend you choose a prominent region of the country to get the best Cyber Security Analyst salary.
|City Name||Average Cyber Security Analyst Salary|
Related Cyber Security Analyst Profiles With Salaries in the US
Here are some profiles related to Cyber Security Analysts and their salaries. The below-given table portrays the solid financial status of Cyber Security experts compared to other similar jobs in the country.
|Profile Title||Average Annual Salary|
How to Become a Cyber Security Analyst?
You can start your Cyber Security professional journey even after high school. However, you will need to study and practice to become an efficient Cyber Security Analyst in 2022.
You can follow these below-given steps to become a Cyber Security expert in the United States:
Enroll for a Computer Science Degree
You can not be a Cyber Security expert without a computer science degree, as you must know the fundamental network architecture and programming languages to get started. Hence, we recommend enrolling in a computer science degree course after graduation from high school.
Top 10 Computer Science Colleges in America
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Cambridge, MA
- Stanford University | Stanford, CA
- Carnegie Mellon University | Pittsburgh, PA
- California Institute of Technology | Pasadena, CA
- Princeton University | Princeton, NJ
- Georgia Institute of Technology | Atlanta, GA
- Harvard University | Cambridge, MA
- Yale University | New Haven, CT
- Duke University | Durham, NC
- Columbia University | New York, NY
Gain Basic Knowledge of Cyber Security
You can get fundamental knowledge of cyber security while pursuing your degree course. It will give you a clear idea about your compatibility with the cybersecurity career niche. Hence, we advise you to read and understand cybersecurity concepts as much as possible during your bachelor’s degree course.
Get Cyber Security Certifications
After completing your degree course, you can get a cybersecurity certificate before applying for a job. A cybersecurity certificate will make your job application stand apart from the crowd of other applicants and improve your shortlisting chances.
You can choose any of these cybersecurity certifications to kick start your professional journey:
Top 10 Cyber Security Certifications
- CompTIA Security+ Certification | CompTIA
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) | (ISC)2
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) | (ISC)2
- Certified Information Security Manager | ISACA
- Certified Ethical Hacker | EC-Council
- CompTIA PenTest+ | CompTIA
- Offensive Security Certified Professional | Offensive Security
- CSA Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) | CSA
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) | GIAC Certifications
- SSCP- The Premier Security Administrator Certification | (ISC)2
Search for a Job & Apply With a Professional Resume
When you are equipped with modern cybersecurity knowledge and certificates, you can leverage online career-building platforms like Indeed & Glassdoor to find remote cyber security jobs.
Once you find a suitable opportunity, you can read the job description with a focused mind and craft a cybersecurity resume aligned with that.
Factors Affecting Cyber Security Analyst Salary
Cyber security analyst salaries can vary based on different factors. Below, you can check out some fundamental factors that determine a network analyst salary in the United States:
The location of your targeted company is the first factor that can affect your network analyst salary. It is so because the cost of living and any financial expenses in various geographical locations differ from each other. Hence, we recommend choosing an IT-centered city while applying for cyber security jobs.
Most people start their careers after getting a bachelor’s degree. Hence, if you have a Master’s degree, you will be technically stronger than most competitors. Moreover, your employer will also not mind increasing your IT cyber security salary if you have a Master’s degree.
To bag a job that pays a higher data security analyst salary, you need to possess professional work experience. Hiring managers consider experienced professionals to be efficient because they have a better understanding of data mining and analysis with years of hand-on experience.
Hence, if you are seeking jobs that pay higher salary you need to gain some relevant experience in the stated field and be recognized as an established professional who deserves higher paychecks.
Company size matters a lot in case of determining a cyber security salary. You will get better compensation at more prominent companies than startups or SMEs.
Getting a higher cybersecurity analyst salary package is not easy. You must have modern cyber security skills and be prepared to tackle any security beach to qualify for a salary hike.
If you are interested in becoming a cyber security expert, these steps will help you find the way:
- Enroll for a computer science degree from a recognized college or university
- Strengthen your fundamentals of cyber security while pursuing your degree course
- Get a cyber security certification to beat your competitors in the recruitment process
- Search for a cyber security job and apply with a professional resume and a cover letter
You can use Hiration’s 360-Degree Career Service Platform to save time and build your cyber security resume and digital protfolio that can present your work, skills, and achievements professionally.
It is an AI-powered tool with 24/7 chat support to offer you a seamless user experience. Moreover, you can also talk to our career experts if you need any additional career assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.